Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Truss was a Libdem and voted remain, but has changed her mind and is now a Tory brexiter. Yet tells Scots they can't change theirs. 

And is now the right time to be changing PM. You know how it's never the right time to have a referendum.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Truss was a Libdem and voted remain, but has changed her mind and is now a Tory brexiter. Yet tells Scots they can't change theirs. 

And is now the right time to be changing PM. You know how it's never the right time to have a referendum.

There's that awful clip where she's interviewed by Eddie Mair and has a pop at people changing their mind. Mair points out that she changed hers and she replies, "yes but it was the other way."

She really is an awful human being.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There's that awful clip where she's interviewed by Eddie Mair and has a pop at people changing their mind. Mair points out that she changed hers and she replies, "yes but it was the other way."

She really is an awful human being.

She's a dangerous opportunist, and Rishi is a piece of work, but never had a chance of leader, anyway, so he can say what he likes.

Lone Striker

Boris doing his bit to boost the British economy as recession looms.   

:jjockio:     Slovenia !!  

Boris and Carrie Johnson honeymoon at Slovenian eco-resort ‘with soothing energies’

image.png.dea5429c88633a993657b18d3e32a014.png

It is billed as the last word in relaxation, with a “healing climate” and “soothing energies”. 

Boris Johnson with staff members of Vila Planinka - Exclusively obtained by The Telegraph

So it was perhaps the ideal location for a final holiday for the Prime Minister before he leaves Downing Street, as well as a belated honeymoon.

Boris Johnson and his wife Carrie stayed at an eco-hotel in Jezersko in the remote Kokra Valley in Slovenia following their delayed wedding celebration, it has emerged.

Guests can dine on bear cheeks, bathe with vegan toiletries and sleep in rooms without WiFi. Their two children did not accompany them.

The Vila Planinka, where rooms range from £242 to £542 per night, is a five-star boutique hotel which promises guests they will “slow down, harmonising your rhythm with your inner balance”.

After the Johnsons left on Sunday evening, hotel owner Katja Batajelj and her daughter Lana told The Telegraph: “He was one of the most pleasant guests we have had and asked for nothing. He was enthusiastic about the food and drink. If all guests were like him we’d be very lucky.

“They were very active. They went hiking, they swam in the lake. They also went to Postojna caves and Boris was very enthusiastic about them. He said he never imagined anything like the caves existed. It was wonderful to have him in Slovenia.”

:facepalm:

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Glad they had a good time and left a nice impression 

So you're fine with the British PM spending hundreds of  thousands of pounds in a EU country instead of  helping British hotels and attractions stay afloat ?

It's amazing how certain folk are giving free rein to troll, while others get banned for telling the truth. But I suppose I'll just need to adjust.

Geoff Kilpatrick
52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's amazing how certain folk are giving free rein to troll, while others get banned for telling the truth. But I suppose I'll just need to adjust.

:rofl:

In before the lock.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You're not the only one who's noticed that.

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

So you're fine with the British PM spending hundreds of  thousands of pounds in a EU country instead of  helping British hotels and attractions stay afloat ?

Are British hotels and attractions struggling ? Which hotel and attraction is struggling would you suggest he goes on honeymoon ? 

These struggling places the same ones that ripped us all off during the dizzy heights era of staycations ? 

manaliveits105
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes and happy with all the EU citizens still coming to the UK for holidays - my plane back from Spain was packed with Spaniards coming to Edinburgh 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Are British hotels and attractions struggling ? Which hotel and attraction is struggling would you suggest he goes on honeymoon

These struggling places the same ones that ripped us all off during the dizzy heights era of staycations ? 

Sizewell B. Straight to the core.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

WTAF?

This is where the Junta are at.

This country is absolutely ****ed. 

Brexit is being milked again and it will keep on going through the next election and beyond.  Even though it was apparently "done".  

The electoral 'Brexit dividend' has moved on from being the party that gained voter support from being the only party who could get it done and in the type of way that the country was swindled into believing was required.  The Brexit dividend is now to create and perpetuate a belief that Brexit is constantly under threat.  That they are the only party who can "Keep Brexit Safe".  Creating offices of "Brexit Opportunities" and now a Brexit Delivery Unit is all part and parcel of the ongoing swindle.  All part of creating a perception that the other lot would be soft on Brexit.

Boris Johnson has rejected pleas to intervene on the cost of living crisis, refusing calls for an emergency budget, regular Cobra meetings and the recall of parliament. 

just keep suffering while I keep partying and producing sproggs 

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Brexit is being milked again and it will keep on going through the next election and beyond.  Even though it was apparently "done".  

The electoral 'Brexit dividend' has moved on from being the party that gained voter support from being the only party who could get it done and in the type of way that the country was swindled into believing was required.  The Brexit dividend is now to create and perpetuate a belief that Brexit is constantly under threat.  That they are the only party who can "Keep Brexit Safe".  Creating offices of "Brexit Opportunities" and now a Brexit Delivery Unit is all part and parcel of the ongoing swindle.  All part of creating a perception that the other lot would be soft on Brexit.

right now it's more simplistic.

It's sleight of hand to divert attention from the economic asteroid that is almost blocking out the sunlight and onto the safe ground of fictional grievance with the EU. 

All to mollify the 160,000 racist pensioners. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Imaman said:

Boris Johnson has rejected pleas to intervene on the cost of living crisis, refusing calls for an emergency budget, regular Cobra meetings and the recall of parliament. 

just keep suffering while I keep partying and producing sproggs 

The Village Idiot will defend him.

35 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

WTAF?

This is where the Junta are at.

This country is absolutely ****ed. 

ideal strategy for keeping trade going with you nearest and biggest market. Clowns utter clowns. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s an indefensible stance. Surely not even idiots would try and defend this, well maybe one or two

:greggy:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Imaman said:

It’s an indefensible stance. Surely not even idiots would try and defend this, well maybe one or two

:greggy:

I agree.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

right now it's more simplistic.

It's sleight of hand to divert attention from the economic asteroid that is almost blocking out the sunlight and onto the safe ground of fictional grievance with the EU. 

All to mollify the 160,000 racist pensioners. 

True.  There is that.  But there's a two-fold thing going on.  They need to keep giving the party members and the Brexit dementors the policies they demand,  but they also need to convince these people that they can stay in office in order to keep delivering the policies.  It's no good flogging the **** out of shit policies if everyone knows they wont win the next election.  It's a balancing act and the delivery of policy depends on electability.  Keeping the Brexit pot of piss simmering over is an attempt to shore up support.

Edited by Victorian

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

True.  There is that.  But there's a two-fold thing going on.  They need to keep giving the party members and the Brexit dementors the policies they demand,  but they also need to convince these people that they can stay in office in order to keep delivering the policies.  It's no good flogging the **** out of shit policies if everyone knows they wont win the next election.  It's a balancing act and the delivery of policy depends on electability.  Keeping the Brexit pot of piss simmering over is an attempt to shore up support.

I agree.

Where this may be different is the reach of the economic shit-storm inbound.

Toiling to pay bills and things getting tight has always traditionally been the problem of other people, you know the poor people who should get a job/work harder/not own a flat screen TV/have internet connection.

This will be very different. This is going to be a 'delicious' double whammy of interest rate rises hammering the pretend middle classes who are only there on cheap credit and a exponential rise in food and energy costs.

All these arseholes who vote Tory to protect 'what they've got' are going to start to find that actually they've not got a huge amount and what they do have isn't yet paid for. 

Once they start squeaking the Tories are finished. 

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I agree.

Where this may be different is the reach of the economic shit-storm inbound.

Toiling to pay bills and things getting tight has always traditionally been the problem of other people, you know the poor people who should get a job/work harder/not own a flat screen TV/have internet connection.

This will be very different. This is going to be a 'delicious' double whammy of interest rate rises hammering the pretend middle classes who are only there on cheap credit and a exponential rise in food and energy costs.

All these arseholes who vote Tory to protect 'what they've got' are going to start to find that actually they've not got a huge amount and what they do have isn't yet paid for. 

Once they start squeaking the Tories are finished. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tories have already strategised high interest rates as this has a benefit towards people with savings.  Keep interest rates up by doing **** all to reduce inflation.  They have certainly factored in refusing to windfall tax mega profits for energy companies that are now paying share dividends.  That's for the benefit of pension funds that also tend to favour the better off or middle ground.

Edited by Victorian

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was so close to asking "which one" (thinking of any number of cabinet ministers and leadership hopefuls) when I realised which one you meant.

The ignore function has been a friend but you guys keep on quoting him so it's not perfect.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tories have already strategised high interest rates as this has a benefit towards people with savings.  Keep interest rates up by doing **** all to reduce inflation.  They have certainly factored in refusing to windfall tax mega profits for energy companies that are now paying share dividends.  That's for the benefit of pension funds that also tend to favour the better off or middle ground.

Half of the Fokkers are on the take from carbon energy corporations; they're not going to windfall tax the fokkers. The positive impact on pension funds is a nice by-product, although most who're going to vote for Trunak are already receiving their pensions.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I was so close to asking "which one" (thinking of any number of cabinet ministers and leadership hopefuls) when I realised which one you meant.

The ignore function has been a friend but you guys keep on quoting him so it's not perfect.

:laugh2:

Part of the insane idolatry of probably the last person who should be treated as an idol.  The man who can do no good portrayed as the man who can do no wrong.  There's method in the madness of course.  They're tapping into the cache of popularity he still commands throughout the party and voters.

Tory party electioneering pretty much now comprises of creating the perception that a done Brexit must be kept safe from everyone else who are determined to water it down or reverse it,  as well as the continuation of Spafferism,  with suggestive undertones of the return of the idol to defeat the people who drove him out.

30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The decision to go ahead with the investigation was passed unopposed.
Not even Rees Mogg, Nadine Dorries, Boris Johnson or even the unnamed cabinet minister objected.

Shooter McGavin
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Soft lads deary me - get a life

C69D9981-920E-4068-B749-9EA79B1DBB73.jpeg

Oh hallelujah, Thank god for that, I was worried sick for a second thinking that you’d stop posting your incredibly insightful and interesting takes on these threads…

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Oh hallelujah, Thank god for that, I was worried sick for a second thinking that you’d stop posting your incredibly insightful and interesting takes on these threads…

I like a wee mischievous post myself at times but I’ll engage too with my extremely insightful posts/drivel🤷🏽‍♂️😂

He just never engages and has created this ridiculous character. 
There’s no need really. I don’t agree with everyone but I’d buy them a pint end of the day if I bumped into them.
I don’t live in an echo chamber some of my best pals see it oppositely from me. 
Opinions are like arseholes as they say.  

Shooter McGavin
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I like a wee mischievous post myself at times but I’ll engage too with my extremely insightful posts/drivel🤷🏽‍♂️😂

He just never engages and has created this ridiculous character. 
There’s no need really. I don’t agree with everyone but I’d buy them a pint end of the day if I bumped into them.
I don’t live in an echo chamber some of my best pals see it oppositely from me. 
Opinions are like arseholes as they say.  

Aye I think most of us are bored with this character he’s created.

He’s probably got the ability to contribute, but would rather waste it chasing that wee dopamine rush he loves from getting a reaction from strangers on the internet.

It’s all just a bit sad, to be honest.

If you’re reading this, manalive, ditch the character buddy, and get engaging with your fellow Hearts fans.

jack D and coke

Brown irritates me but this is right…where the **** is the PM? 
Id publicly flog the *****.
Boot him up and down the place. 

The biggest ***** in Britain. 

Lone Striker
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes and happy with all the EU citizens still coming to the UK for holidays - my plane back from Spain was packed with Spaniards coming to Edinburgh 

Nice change of subject there.  Were any of them  the Spanish PM though ?   

manaliveits105

Politicians are allowed holidays - oor Nicky has been seal watching (or was it bird watching)in Argyle 

Modern technology it doesn’t matter if you are in Croatia or Argyle to keep on top of things :oohmatron:

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Brown should hang his head in shame and don't ever have the brass neck to tell anyone, anything. Gold, pensions, global crash, Iraq and the Vow, just a few of his fecking catastrophic ideas, that have made Scots dead in the water and at the mercy of people like Boris Johnson.

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There must be referendum coming soon so he’s getting himself in the limelight.

He can go and **** himself.

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Didn’t he sell all our gold reserves to help the banks ? He’s no one to give any financial advice really . 

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Every time Brown or Blair start mouthing off again, it sets Labour back.

The fact that it's Brown that's saying what he's saying and not Keith is what sets Labour back.

Keith. No one knows what he stands for. 

Reeves is still stuck on the mantra of the Tories being useless,  lazy,  not giving a shit.  Which is not inaccurate.  But still no detail about specific measures Labour would bring in.  It just makes it too easy for people to assume there's nothing that can be done,  as well as for the Tories to blame external factors.

Meanwhile,  plastic Thatcher triumphantly declared she's going to sort out the mess "the conservative way" and not make "hand-outs".  She had to scramble to 'clarify' the comment but,  as ever,  it's other people misrepresenting what was said.

20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Didn’t he sell all our gold reserves to help the banks ? He’s no one to give any financial advice really . 

I'd argue that this is a lazy viewpoint. Brown gets little credit in the general public.

Brown wasn't a great leader and yes he made an error with the method of selling off gold. It was pre-announced so the market value dropped. The financial crash had yet to arrive and no one would have predicated gold would gain to its current levels. The gold sell off needs to be balanced by the fact that whilst he was PM the intention was to invest in various public initiatives. The money in part went into renewing schools etc. 

What is frequently overlooked (because he wasn't the charismatic style of PM) is that his understanding of the financial crisis helped to deliver solutions that Cameron/May/Johnston would have struggled to do. Most of the actions taken by Brown were opposed by the Tories.

The bailout of Northern Rock was critical to the North East of England.  

The re-captlisaiton of the Royal Bank of Scotland prevented millions of people from losing tens of thousands of pounds.

The £500 billion stimulus which saved the UK Economy was opposed by the Conservatives.

The actions taken saved many jobs and prevented mass unemployment the likes of that hadn't been seen since 1980s under Thatcher's Tory Government .

The argument about whether or not the banks should have been allowed to fail is not for here, but Gordon Brown (despite his flaws) helped save jobs for just about every section of UK society during his tenure. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

I'd argue that this is a lazy viewpoint. Brown gets little credit in the general public.

Brown wasn't a great leader and yes he made an error with the method of selling off gold. It was pre-announced so the market value dropped. The financial crash had yet to arrive and no one would have predicated gold would gain to its current levels. The gold sell off needs to be balanced by the fact that whilst he was PM the intention was to invest in various public initiatives. The money in part went into renewing schools etc. 

What is frequently overlooked (because he wasn't the charismatic style of PM) is that his understanding of the financial crisis helped to deliver solutions that Cameron/May/Johnston would have struggled to do. Most of the actions taken by Brown were opposed by the Tories.

The bailout of Northern Rock was critical to the North East of England.  

The re-captlisaiton of the Royal Bank of Scotland prevented millions of people from losing tens of thousands of pounds.

The £500 billion stimulus which saved the UK Economy was opposed by the Conservatives.

The actions taken saved many jobs and prevented mass unemployment the likes of that hadn't been seen since 1980s under Thatcher's Tory Government .

The argument about whether or not the banks should have been allowed to fail is not for here, but Gordon Brown (despite his flaws) helped save jobs for just about every section of UK society during his tenure. 

👍

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Meanwhile,  plastic Thatcher triumphantly declared she's going to sort out the mess "the conservative way" and not make "hand-outs".  She had to scramble to 'clarify' the comment but,  as ever,  it's other people misrepresenting what was said.

Ironic that one of her catchphrases is, "I've been clear..."

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ironic that one of her catchphrases is, "I've been clear..."

That's been a routine catchphrase of all politicians for many years.  It's one of the first things they learn to say.  It's supposed to convey clarity of thought and purpose.  

The new thing is to say something really stupid.  Realise it needs to be rowed back from.  Blame the media / viewer / reader / listener for reporting / watching / reading / hearing incorrectly.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Reeves is still stuck on the mantra of the Tories being useless,  lazy,  not giving a shit.  Which is not inaccurate.  But still no detail about specific measures Labour would bring in.  It just makes it too easy for people to assume there's nothing that can be done,  as well as for the Tories to blame external factors.

The Labour party, Her Majesty's Opposition, have got nothing. Absolutely nothing.  

How the **** have we ended up here?