Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Will there be a Tory leadership contest or will the criminal remain in office?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Will there be a Tory leadership contest or will the criminal remain in office?

News imminent... 

Unknown user

He's got to be done, waverers will have heard the boos and will know that another guaranteed year with him will be a disaster for them.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Rat to be replaced by rat 

It's a party full of dog nonces at the moment, the prospects aren't good

joondalupjambo

If he survives it will say a lot about how Tory politicians think morally.

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, Raab, Gove, Truss or Rees-Mogg to replace him? Christ, Boris still probably the pick of the bunch if they are the alternatives.

There's always wee rabbit puss Douggie Ross :gok:

AlimOzturk

What an absolute shower of shite :rofl:

might as well let the rascal take it full term giving the alternatives. The tories are ****ed for the next GE anyways. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Suspect he'll win the vote, unfortunately 

Margaret Thatcher and Teresa May also won their no confidence votes. 

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Margaret Thatcher and Teresa May also won their no confidence votes. 

I think Thatcher already had a leadership challenge (from Anthony Meyer the ‘stalking horse’) after a damning speech from Geoffrey Howe. She won the first round, but it was a narrow victory and she was advised to resign, which she did.

Meyer’s bid flushed out other candidates (notably Michael Heseltine)but eventually John Major won.

Edited by FWJ
Shoogly memory

He will win it, to many arse licker Tory MP'S......thing is what other nut job awaits if he should lose. It's all so feckin depressing.

They're already being threatened with withdrawal of the whip & deselection,  as well as being imposed with a snap election.  Removal of job and income either way for lots of them.  The usual gangsterism.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I think Thatcher already had a leadership challenge (from Anthony Meyer the ‘stalking horse’) after a damning speech from Geoffrey Howe. She won the first round, but it was a narrow victory and she was advised to resign, which she did.

Meyer’s bid flushed out other candidates (notably Michael Heseltine)but eventually John Major won.

Not quite. Meyer was a stalking horse the year before. Heseltine was a full on challenge.

I P Knightley

He's going to survive this; too many sycophantic arse-lickers have sold their souls. People like Dorries, Shapps, Raab & Truss know that they are unemployable unless it's to make Johnson look relatively better than he actually is.

There should have been a couple of questions to the Brady bloke: when did the number of letters reach 54 and what is the current total?

Footballfirst

I hope he wins it by a narrow margin. That result would suit the SNP, Labour in the north of England and the Liberals in the south of England and hasten the departure of the Tories at the next election.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I hope he wins it by a narrow margin. That result would suit the SNP, Labour in the north of England and the Liberals in the south of England and hasten the departure of the Tories at the next election.

In some ways that would be ideal but I fear the damage their staying in power with a majority would inevitably do in the short term.

Sooperstar

He'll win it. Probably not by much, but he'll disregard it, say he has heard the message loud and clear and now it is time to 'get on with the job and focus on solving the cost of living crisis'. Then they'll lose the 2 by elections and the pressure will be on again.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's going to survive this; too many sycophantic arse-lickers have sold their souls. People like Dorries, Shapps, Raab & Truss know that they are unemployable unless it's to make Johnson look relatively better than he actually is.

There should have been a couple of questions to the Brady bloke: when did the number of letters reach 54 and what is the current total?

I know that's what everyone's saying, I just can't help thinking the booing will have sealed it. Mind you I thought Amber Heard was going to win.

OmiyaHearts

Does it matter if he goes or not? Will just be replaced with another tory arsehole. Nothing changes.

dobmisterdobster

Get the vote done and dusted asap.

Boris will stay. Starmer is easily beatable in 2024 with new boundaries and voter ID.

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Imaman said:

Rees Mogg is condescending arce wipe 

I don't know what his latest utterance is but the link that TMT gave earlier to Russ Jones's list of runners & riders described JR-M very well: "A physical manifestation of entitlement and stupidity, displayed for lols by bored TV execs, and utterly convinced his accent means it's impossible for him to be wrong."

They're all a bunch of over-entitled bollockses with their fingers nowhere near the pulse of the public they are supposed to represent but Mogg is on another level. Needs a massive kicking.

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who is there suitable to replace him though?

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who is there suitable to replace him though?

***** is a front runner. 

How many letter were there? Or is it practice just to say 54 received. Surely, it creates a buzz if it's 150.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

So they suppressed the news that would have made the Jubillee weekend a national celebration?

a number of post dated letters were submitted in order not to impinge on the celebrations. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Even if he wins the vote today, it'll merely be a stay of execution, he's done, if not today, next week, next month, it really is just a matter of time before he's forced out.

il Duce McTarkin
40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He'll win it. Probably not by much, but he'll disregard it, say he has heard the message loud and clear and now it is time to 'get on with the job and focus on solving the cost of living crisis'. Then they'll lose the 2 by elections and the pressure will be on again.

This.

Hunt will lead the tories into the next election.

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Mogg is on another level. Needs a massive kicking.

He needs some of this.

Surprising, Cool Facts About 'the Exorcist'

And a spot of that.

giphy.gif

This is a first for me but "I'm Backing Boris" 😂
Hoping the Eton Mess leads the Tories to at least a decade of opposition

SwindonJambo
17 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

This.

Hunt will lead the tories into the next election.

Hunt would be my guess too. They’ll pick a stuffy, uncharismatic, relatively uncontroversial ‘safe pair of hands’ type leader to see them through to the next election. Though Labour lead the polls, they should be much further ahead than they are with the current continuing shitshow. Starmer has so far failed to inspire. Unfortunately (imho), a Tory party with such a leader, be that Hunt or AN Other, will probably squeak home, albeit with a  much reduced majority. 

I P Knightley
40 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

***** is a front runner. 

How many letter were there? Or is it practice just to say 54 received. Surely, it creates a buzz if it's 150.

They only go for the vote of confidence if 15% of Tory MPs submit a letter to the chair of the "1922 Committee". There's 359 of the fokkers so 15% of that gives you your 54. When it was Teresa May, the threshold was (I think) 48 or 49.

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Hunt would be my guess too. They’ll pick a stuffy, uncharismatic, relatively uncontroversial ‘safe pair of hands’ type leader to see them through to the next election. Though Labour lead the polls, they should be much further ahead than they are with the current continuing shitshow. Starmer has so far failed to inspire. Unfortunately (imho), a Tory party with such a leader, be that Hunt or AN Other, will probably squeak home, albeit with a  much reduced majority. 

I'm surprised labour have failed to make more breakthroughs of late. 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I'm surprised labour have failed to make more breakthroughs of late. 

Really ? Have you seen the labour front bench ? Who would vote for that lot ? 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

yep they are really weak. i would also add if the roles were reversed and labout were in power the current tory MPs would be just as weak

Just now, milky_26 said:

yep they are really weak. i would also add if the roles were reversed and labout were in power the current tory MPs would be just as weak

The main if not sole reason Boris is currently still in the job. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep agree. Missed opportunity for them at the moment

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep agree. Missed opportunity for them at the moment

They have had years to get their act together.