Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

If the situation wasn't so dire it would be hilarious. 

Sadly a lot of people will go through hell this winter in the name of ideology. 

It's a shitshow, and so many politicians across Europe are asking a version of the question "Who are you weirdos, and what the **** have you done with the actual UK?"

We shouldn't laugh - and it's not like we won't be having our own versions of the problems - but **** me, what else can we reasonably do in the circumstances?  :eek: :laugh: 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Ulysses said:

It's a shitshow, and so many politicians across Europe are asking a version of the question "Who are you weirdos, and what the **** have you done with the actual UK?"

We shouldn't laugh - and it's not like we won't be having our own versions of the problems - but **** me, what else can we reasonably do in the circumstances?  :eek: :laugh: 

There's a huge part of me sitting back waiting to see how it all unfolds. What will be the spark that lights the country up because when it goes it'll be popcorn time. 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There's a huge part of me sitting back waiting to see how it all unfolds. What will be the spark that lights the country up because when it goes it'll be popcorn time. 

What you're seeing here is a Tory version of the Militant (1980s) or Momentum (2010s) attempts by the outside edge to hijack the party and oust the centrists.  The difference between the Tories and Labour is that in the case of the Tories, the Millies seem to have won.

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

What you're seeing here is a Tory version of the Militant (1980s) or Momentum (2010s) attempts by the outside edge to hijack the party and oust the centrists.  The difference between the Tories and Labour is that in the case of the Tories, the Millies seem to have won.

The difference there is that the extremists have performed a coup by stealth while the going was good.  They were in power,  on the gravy train,  everyone occupying their place in the pecking order with government positions,  ministerial pay and perks.  Every would be obstacle to the right wing coup more concerned with what they might lose from being banished to the outside.  

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The difference there is that the extremists have performed a coup by stealth while the going was good.  They were in power,  on the gravy train,  everyone occupying their place in the pecking order with government positions,  ministerial pay and perks.  Every would be obstacle to the right wing coup more concerned with what they might lose from being banished to the outside.  

It started when they subsumed and they've lurched further and further right ever since.

They're basically a cat and dog home of racists, criminals and grifters. 

They've dismantled every avenue of scrutiny and barreled through laws that will take a grown-up parliament a full term or more to unpick. 

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Fair comment.  The Labour Millies usually only came to prominence when the party was in opposition.

Interesting how the loonies have taken over both the British and American right-wing parties.

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Interesting how the loonies have taken over both the British and American right-wing parties.

Loonies indeed. Time for the plebs to buckle up.

C6A3D377-1655-4E83-BB38-1FAC257C812B.jpeg

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If Frost,  Redwood and Blabbermooth are at the top then it might be time to apply to be an eskimo.  

We’ll all be eskimos this winter! 

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Loonies indeed. Time for the plebs to buckle up.

C6A3D377-1655-4E83-BB38-1FAC257C812B.jpeg

Oh FFS. That’s a rogues’ gallery if ever there was one. Where on Earth did they dig up Redwood? He goes back to Maggie Thatcher’s time!  Do they actually want to lose the next election?

12 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Oh FFS. That’s a rogues’ gallery if ever there was one. Where on Earth did they dig up Redwood? He goes back to Maggie Thatcher’s time!  Do they actually want to lose the next election?

As far as anyone can tell, Truss' registered owner is a syndicate of right-wing headbangers.  The woman would not be capable of finding her own arse with both hands and a satnav, and she's being played by people far smarter than she is.

I think the backing of Truss shows that the tories have already given up on the next election. 99% of mp’s are self serving wankers and that’s fair enough but where is the long game thought process in backing her. It’s a 6 month squeeze on the cash cow for those at the top. 🙄

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, RobboM said:

You could barely get a sheet of paper between the current Tories and the 1979 National Front manifesto

National Front 1970s

I don't think the NF were as fascistic as these kants. 

28 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

New PM to be appointed in Scotland 

Elsie will be beelin 

Top trolling :greggy:

Queen breaking from tradition in appointing incoming PM somewhere other than Buckingham Palace.

Questions raised over her health

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Queen breaking from tradition in appointing incoming PM somewhere other than Buckingham Palace.

Maybe Spaffer will send Rees-Mogg up again to lie to her at Balmoral?

Edited by The Mighty Thor

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye righto then…

That paper man :lol: 

The British (Tory filth) media in general ffs. 

6B4277F9-15C8-433C-89AA-1C9F2D2412C2.jpeg

:rofl:

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Hansel said:

Which will last longer? Liz Truss as as PM or Liz Windsor as HM?

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Which will last longer? Liz Truss as as PM or Liz Windsor as HM?

Brenda will see Christmas. 

On 31/08/2022 at 00:20, jack D and coke said:

Aye righto then…

That paper man :lol: 

The British (Tory filth) media in general ffs. 

6B4277F9-15C8-433C-89AA-1C9F2D2412C2.jpeg

Can't even get Gorbachev's age right ffs

In five days’ time, we will have the fourth Tory Prime Minister in a row. David Cameron opened the door to Brexit; Theresa May failed to implement Brexit; Boris Johnson lied about Brexit and Liz Truss says she changed her mind about Brexit. It’s been a roll call of disaster.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: The problem with Scotland is that it’s full of Scots he should’ve said. How will you suppress them? 

Suppress Nicola Sturgeon JD, don’t fall into the same bracket as the others on here by twisting words to suit. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Suppress Nicola Sturgeon JD, don’t fall into the same bracket as the others on here by twisting words to suit. 

Nicola Sturgeon as far too canny and intelligent for Westminster's insults and tone! Why Scots accept that lot laughing at us is beyond the "cringe!"

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Nicola Sturgeon as far too canny and intelligent for Westminster's insults and tone! Why Scots accept that lot laughing at us is beyond the "cringe!"

Plenty Scot’s laugh at her too. It’s equally cringe watching nationalists nursing a semi at her every word. She’s ripping the piss out of you. 😂

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, Dazo said:

But why should she be suppressed when she keeps winning thumping great majorities? Would it be different if he said when will a lot of Scots learn to vote for the parties that we vote for down here and how will you bring them into line?
That’s what that sounds like to me :lol: 
Insulting Drakeford as well. It doesn’t matter that you don’t agree with them they get voted in man lol. 

There isn’t anything up here to compare to this type of nonsense. 

I don’t believe that’s twisting anything tbh bud. 
Im no fan of her I think she’s a wee fraud but I get slightly miffed by a laughing crowd of old tory wankers telling me how I should be voting tbh and how some people I wouldn’t vote for if they kissed my arse are replying to them suggesting how they’re going to suppress my voting😐

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

But why should she be suppressed when she keeps winning thumping great majorities? Would it be different if he said when will a lot of Scots learn to vote for the parties that we vote for down here and how will you bring them into line?
That’s what that sounds like to me :lol: 
Insulting Drakeford as well. It doesn’t matter that you don’t agree with them they get voted in man lol. 

There isn’t anything up here to compare to this type of nonsense. 

I don’t believe that’s twisting anything tbh bud. 
Im no fan of her I think she’s a wee fraud but I get slightly miffed by a laughing crowd of old tory wankers telling me how I should be voting tbh and how some people I wouldn’t vote for if they kissed my arse are replying to them suggesting how they’re going to suppress my voting😐

Just a wee fraud not a big one.:10900:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Thick Lizzy's new vote winning plan:

Decriminalising speeding. Making speed limits "advisory"

:vrface:

When I heard that this morning I thought I didn’t hear right.

What an imbecile 

Feeds off the rabid,  hysterical,  demented right wing schtick about removing state intervention,  removing mandates,  personal choice,  etc etc,  blah blah wibble.  The right wing zealot headbangers love that shit.  

6 hours ago, Dazo said:

Plenty Scot’s laugh at her too. It’s equally cringe watching nationalists nursing a semi at her every word. She’s ripping the piss out of you. 😂

"Ripping the piss" out of you, you mean! I vote with my eyes open and brain working. Brits like yourself are an embarrassment to Scotland. 

That lot down there just insult us and you just clap your hands and nod in agreement. Get of your knees!

17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

"Ripping the piss" out of you, you mean! I vote with my eyes open and brain working. Brits like yourself are an embarrassment to Scotland. 

That lot down there just insult us and you just clap your hands and nod in agreement. Get of your knees!

Hopefully that made you feel better Roxy. 😍