Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Meanwhile,  plastic Thatcher triumphantly declared she's going to sort out the mess "the conservative way" and not make "hand-outs".  She had to scramble to 'clarify' the comment but,  as ever,  it's other people misrepresenting what was said.

This government has the perfect script for "Yes Prime Minister. "

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Didn’t he sell all our gold reserves to help the banks ? He’s no one to give any financial advice really . 

He did. I read a bit about that. What the people who highlight that forget to mention is that so did Germany, France and many others at the same time as Brown did. Then the gold value soared so it looked like the UK took a hit when in fact, he sold it at a time that gold price was good...relatively speaking.

I'm not defending him as think he should just shut his pus now but the fact that he sold gold and then the price rocketed, doesn't make him financially bad.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He did. I read a bit about that. What the people who highlight that forget to mention is that so did Germany, France and many others at the same time as Brown did. Then the gold value soared so it looked like the UK took a hit when in fact, he sold it at a time that gold price was good...relatively speaking.

I'm not defending him as think he should just shut his pus now but the fact that he sold gold and then the price rocketed, doesn't make him financially bad.

It does. And he fecked up the pensions anaw. He sold his own country down the swannie anaw, with his big iron fist of bullshit, called the Vow.

Just now, ri Alban said:

It does. And he fecked up the pensions anaw. He sold his own country down the swannie anaw, with his big iron fist of bullshit, called the Vow.

He did sell his own country down the swannie and he should shut his pus. The vow should be a constant embarrassment for the man but he wears a teflon suit!

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

He did sell his own country down the swannie and he should shut his pus. The vow should be a constant embarrassment for the man but he wears a teflon suit!

I liked GB, now he's just a guy with a heightened sense of his own importance. His opinion, just like vow means nothing to anyone, except him. The Tories will like, nae bother Gordon, see ye.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I liked GB, now he's just a guy with a heightened sense of his own importance. His opinion, just like vow means nothing to anyone, except him. The Tories will like, nae bother Gordon, see ye.

He should be put out to grass. The media know he's good for a soundbite and the unionists love that he shits on Scotland at every opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He should be put out to grass. The media know he's good for a soundbite and the unionists love that he shits on Scotland at every opportunity. 

:Agree:

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

Meanwhile,  plastic Thatcher triumphantly declared she's going to sort out the mess "the conservative way" and not make "hand-outs".  She had to scramble to 'clarify' the comment but,  as ever,  it's other people misrepresenting what was said.

What Truss is doing is correcting the problem of what the Tories stand for. Which was unclear under Boris Johnson. 

So 'no handouts' is basically a foundation of Conservative philosophy. And of course the main target audience is the right wing membership who vote. 

But the overall prospectus is shallow. 'Build the economy'. But the UK is in a 40 year period of treading water at best. All the main economic indicators haven't been as good since the Labour Government of Harold Wilson and Jim Callaghan which ended with strikes and mass inflation. 

If you want to tackle the key economic challenges you need more than a few soundbites. You certainly for example need to spend more on the NHS to get the 1 million plus people waiting for treatment to be able to go back to work. 

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What Truss is doing is correcting the problem of what the Tories stand for. Which was unclear under Boris Johnson. 

So 'no handouts' is basically a foundation of Conservative philosophy. And of course the main target audience is the right wing membership who vote. 

But the overall prospectus is shallow. 'Build the economy'. But the UK is in a 40 year period of treading water at best. All the main economic indicators haven't been as good since the Labour Government of Harold Wilson and Jim Callaghan which ended with strikes and mass inflation. 

If you want to tackle the key economic challenges you need more than a few soundbites. You certainly for example need to spend more on the NHS to get the 1 million plus people waiting for treatment to be able to go back to work. 

Excellent last point.  The labour market is a basket case and Brexit has shut the door on the ability to compete for EU labour supply.  An NHS going full steam ahead would indeed contribute to creating domestic labour supply.  There will be no economic growth whatsoever under the conditions of the UK labour market.  There is no attainable additional economic supply without sufficient labour.

The Mighty Thor

Appears to have been a proper right wing ENP jamboree on GBeebies 'people's forum' tonight

Thick Lizzy trying to prove her credentials to the absolute morons that watch that shite. 

Andrew Pierce there to give the Daily Mail endorsement. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Appears to have been a proper right wing ENP jamboree on GBeebies 'people's forum' tonight

Thick Lizzy trying to prove her credentials to the absolute morons that watch that shite. 

Ever get the impression that she really,  really wants that job? 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Victorian said:

Ever get the impression that she really,  really wants that job? 

Oh she'll prostitute herself to get the gig.

Whilst Starmer stands for nothing, Truss  on the other hand will stand for anything you want. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh she'll prostitute herself to get the gig.

Whilst Starmer stands for nothing, Truss  on the other hand will stand for anything you want. 

The major difference is that Labour will always be drawn into a public internal dispute of philosophy,  policy,  political direction,  in the event of a leader adopting an extreme position.  Borne out of genuinely held beliefs that override the thirst for power or retention of power.   While the Tories always keep schtum,  bite their tongue,  hold rank.  Always borne out of the instinct that power and government trumps believing in anything.  To accept things as they are and to try to retain one's position on the gravy train.  They seamlessly circle the wagons,  reconstitute the disagreeable factions back into the pre-existing,  immoral blob.  Reinvent themselves as a fresh reincarnation of the same rotting corpse.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

GB ****ing News.

The next PM, ladies and gentlemen

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

GB ****ing News.

The next PM, ladies and gentlemen

Watched by 2.2 million people per month. 

These morons walk among us. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Watched by 2.2 million people per month. 

These morons walk among us. 

It's nearer to 750,000 but most watch it a couple of times on repeat with a box of tissues to hand :D

jack D and coke

GB News is the one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. 
When I watch any of it I feel like I’m watching actors. They all overact and nod when someone else says something ****ing ridiculous. I caught one the other week when that penis who calls himself a comedian Leo Keorse who’s part of that reclaim party was talking about trans issues. Coming out with stuff about men being better women than women and all sorts of tragic patter. Laughing at his own jokes. 
Seen an even worse one with the actual Krankies. Banging on about how skint Scotland is.
What a couple of absolute arseholes they are btw :lol: 
Bizarre AF. 

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

GB News is the one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. 
When I watch any of it I feel like I’m watching actors. They all overact and nod when someone else says something ****ing ridiculous. I caught one the other week when that penis who calls himself a comedian Leo Keorse who’s part of that reclaim party was talking about trans issues. Coming out with stuff about men being better women than women and all sorts of tragic patter. Laughing at his own jokes. 
Seen an even worse one with the actual Krankies. Banging on about how skint Scotland is.
What a couple of absolute arseholes they are btw :lol: 
Bizarre AF. 

They were all proud of getting more viewers than Talk Radio's new station :laugh2:

Footballfirst

What Truss' planned revocation of the NI increase means for each decile of the population by income.

So the poorest 10% would get 76p a month to help with the cost of living increase, while the richest 10% would get £93.19.

Tory levelling up in action.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

What Truss' planned revocation of the NI increase means for each decile of the population by income.

So the poorest 10% would get 76p a month to help with the cost of living increase, while the richest 10% would get £93.19.

85% of it goes to the top half.

WorldChampions1902
35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:hang:

I’m contemplating how soon after Lizard Truss gets the gig, the mass protests start. I reckon early next year.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Is that the research done by the Tony Blair Institute or whatever the **** it's called? 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is that the research done by the Tony Blair Institute or whatever the **** it's called? 

Who gives a ****?  It's very,  very simple to work out the cash benefit for any range of incomes from the NIC rate increase being cancelled.

If your income above the threshold is tiny,  your tax cut benefit is next to nothing.  If your income above the threshold is substantial,  your tax cut benefit is much,  much more.

All you need is a calculator.  

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who gives a ****?  It's very,  very simple to work out the cash benefit for any range of incomes from the NIC rate increase being cancelled.

If your income above the threshold is tiny,  your tax cut benefit is next to nothing.  If your income above the threshold is substantial,  your tax cut benefit is much,  much more.

Indeed. Hardly a surprise, given that  NI is a tax on your work salary.    

Its becoming clear that Truss really has no innovative ideas, other than to regurgitate the Thatcherite doctrine - reduce taxes & regulation which unleashes  "the market", and it'll deliver something called "economic growth".   The trickle down to ordinary folk (low paid jobs, long hours etc)  will be welcomed with open arms by the masses, who'll be grateful to be able to buy stuff they can't afford by taking on easy credit they'll struggle to pay back.

And hey presto, a return to galloping house prices - and everything returns to normal.

So much for "build back better".  Yet another meaningless BoJo slogan.    

The Mighty Thor
55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Its becoming clear that Truss really has no innovative ideas, other than to regurgitate the Thatcherite doctrine - reduce taxes & regulation which unleashes  "the market", and it'll deliver something called "economic growth".   The trickle down to ordinary folk (low paid jobs, long hours etc)  will be welcomed with open arms by the masses, who'll be grateful to be able to buy stuff they can't afford by taking on easy credit they'll struggle to pay back.

And hey presto, a return to galloping house prices - and everything returns to normal.

So much for "build back better".  Yet another meaningless BoJo slogan.    

Like every single claim, pledge or promise made by the Junta, it disintegrates on contact with reality. 

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like every single claim, pledge or promise made by the Junta, it disintegrates on contact with reality. 

And the hopeless mugs accept the bullshit as helping people without lifting a feckless finger to work out a few primary school sums.

Seems Truss wants all criticism of Israel to end. 

What seems to be behind her rant on civil servants being anti semitic. 

Also

Nucky Thompson

I've got to laugh.

Never watched GB news in my puff, but all the leftie weirdos seem to be avid watchers :rofl:

Ainsley Harriott
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Seems fair they also contribute the most. Call it return on investment 

Dennis Reynolds
14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's pretty basic math.

manaliveits105
51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

An example of why people should not expect a return to the days of reasonable scrutiny.  That's very much down the shitter unless there's a fundamental electoral insurgency.  

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/09/liz-truss-rebuked-for-cheap-jibes-at-hustings-after-criticising-media

Liz lookin hot 😍

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also

Disgusting . She really is a stupid piece of shit. 

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

She's not even able to do that under her own steam; relying on instruction from that economist chappy and, even then, not managing to do so correctly & consistently. Little wonder they call her the Poundland Thatcher.

19 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I know you've not out & out used that as a reason to question the findings but as soon as I saw the source given as being the TB Institute for Global Change, I knew that there would be some denouncing him as a war criminal rather than acknowledging the truth of what that research has found. It's a shame that whenever he or Gordon Brown (both of whom, with hindsight, I recognise as having been really good prime ministers) come out with a statement, the defensive deflection is not about that statement but about mistakes made 15 to 20 years ago.

I was never a huge fan of Blair and less so of Brown but I would give my left nut to have had either of them in power over the last 10 years.

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Liz lookin hot 😍

Is she in a house fire?

Edited by ri Alban

20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also

The jihads have been quiet lately.