Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

They are of the belief that Lennon beat us with ease every game.Just the usual Hobo thought process  of erase the negative and only ever remember the odd win.

3 wins in 9 derbies was Lennons record. Maloney joins the Calderwood club with zero wins 😂

5 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Apologies if already posted but 😂

IMG-20220419-WA0005.jpg

Top work , got to be a Jambo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Will be interesting to see who ends up there. Its clearly a poisoned chalice. 

Hopefully they go American. I can see that ending even worse :D 

Apparently Ron Gordon wants a manager with some "razzmattaz".  🤡 

He's absolutely clueless. He thinks if you hire one of Martinez's underlings, you get Belgium. 

He also thinks if you cite how well decent sides like Sevilla are playing and operating, it's just a case of making a wee wish and you can emulate their methods and success. 

All shortcuts which never work in football, especially if you base your hirings on the above or on cronyism. Like an actor who can't sing a note but thinks because they are famous in one sphere they will automatically be good in another, Gordon thinks because he has had some business success, he will automatically be successful as a football club owner.

As he's finding out, it doesn't work like that. Doubt his ego will ever allow him to change his ways, so the hibs fans better strap in and buckle up. :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why would you want us to sign a ned up on a serious assault charge (against a woman)?

He doesn't really. Merely joshing.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

3 wins in 9 derbies was Lennons record. Maloney joins the Calderwood club with zero wins 😂

That probably sounds like heaven to the Losers.  At Hearts it would be a sacking offence.

Brauhauser2012

No sunshine,  no teeth.

Your Hubs were broken 

Hibernian was broken.

Your sorrow, such sorrow

Today and tomorrow 

Your Hubs were broken 

Their vileness unspoken 

We beat them, we crushed them

We mocked them and just them

My eyes are smiling

My mouth is smiling

Thank you in green and white

Your team is shite, so fecking shite.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That probably sounds like heaven to the Losers.  At Hearts it would be a sacking offence.

That shower of utter losers have a built in acceptance to failure and openly applaud it. 

It's the hubz way!

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Malky Mackay please. That would be fun. Values.

This please. Mackay is doing far too well at County for a flaming racist, the best thing I can wish on his career is the Hibs effect.

21 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

No sunshine,  no teeth.

Your Hubs were broken 

Hibernian was broken.

Your sorrow, such sorrow

Today and tomorrow 

Your Hubs were broken 

Their vileness unspoken 

We beat them, we crushed them

We mocked them and just them

My eyes are smiling

My mouth is smiling

Thank you in green and white

Your team is shite, so fecking shite.

Apart from the words, it’s got potential.  👍

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Amazing 

That is absolute ****ing poetry.

Edited by leginten

JamboBornNBred
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Rumours they’ve approached Kennedy at Celtic.. let that be true!

Heard this as well,with Scott Brown was mentioned as well .

Lone Striker
8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3.5 year deal,4 months in.

Oh my sides!!

Indeed. Caldwell and 2 other coaches have got fired as well.   image.jpeg.9e4ba8240c8b33bc3ead64b8ca52ce22.jpeg

It seems Ron hasn't fired his son though - so the conveyor belt of global talent  that produced Rocky and Mueller will continue for the next guy to fail with.     :clyay: 

Is there any other club in the world whose supporters would adopt a dirge like that with those lyrics as an anthem?

The one Celtic stole from liverpool is bad enough but this one is unreal.

Mind you, I'm probably not giving them enough credit as the lyrics describe them perfectly.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is there any other club in the world whose supporters would adopt a dirge like that with those lyrics as an anthem?

The one Celtic stole from liverpool is bad enough but this one is unreal.

Mind you, I'm probably not giving them enough credit as the lyrics describe them perfectly.

It's a dirge of a song, I never liked it but when the Hobos adopted it I began to like it cos the lyrics just sum them & their club up perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t find the meme where they rip off Maloneys mask and it’s Cathro underneath 😆

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t find the meme where they rip off Maloneys mask and it’s Cathro underneath 😆

PNG image 5.png

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm not normally one for these little podcast things they do but I ended up listening to this one and it was quite good.

In short, oddly enough, it's a shocking decision one and yet not a surprising one. They also make the comparison to Cathro.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-have-outstanding-next-manager-candidate-but-club-have-made-a-shocking-decision-scotsman-football-show-3659364

5 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just wish to point out he’s still in the process of leaving.

Its quite a walk with teeny weeny legs.

A long way to get back to Knotty Ash and re-join his fellow diddy men

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

He also thinks if you cite how well decent sides like Sevilla are playing and operating, it's just a case of making a wee wish and you can emulate their methods and success. 

He overlooks the fact that Spain have 4 ECL spots, so finishing 4th gets you into the big tournament, rather than a qualifying round for the Europa Conference.  Also top 4 clubs in Spain can attract a slightly better calibre of manager than a guy who put the cones out for Roberto Martinez.

7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Amazing 

😄

Thanks for the link.

Truly astonishing that Maloney uttered those words.

I don't think the lad is quite right.

Arthur Morgan
16 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

In any event, they should never have got rid of Jack Ross, who reached two finals last season when they also had their highest league placing for a long time.

Utterly mad.

Absolutely this. Jack Ross should never have been sacked, oh Hibs 😂

5 hours ago, martoon said:

😄

Thanks for the link.

Truly astonishing that Maloney uttered those words.

I don't think the lad is quite right.

What a welt of a man. Happy he only lost 2-1. They only scored because we momentarily went to sleep. Had Boycie scored then I think it would have been a cricket score by FT.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Scary thought, or maybe not:  they have had 23 managers this century.

Surely that can't be right!

17 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Scary thought, or maybe not:  they have had 23 managers this century.

Just over 1 a year

WorldChampions1902

If that Sun article is accurate (doubtful?) and the players overheard that heated exchange in the dressing room, some of those players will be looking to leave I reckon - which may not be a bad thing given how guff many of them are.

In essence, none of yesterdays events is gonna be good for team morale and there will be others who’s already shattered confidence will have taken another dunt.

Just what they need as the club enters another relegation battle.

4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If that Sun article is accurate (doubtful?) and the players overheard that heated exchange in the dressing room, some of those players will be looking to leave I reckon - which may not be a bad thing given how guff many of them are.

In essence, none of yesterdays events is gonna be good for team morale and there will be others who’s already shattered confidence will have taken another dunt.

B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

They sacked the last manager before a cup final. They should be getting  absolutely trashed and ridiculed

18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3.5 year deal,4 months in.

Oh my sides!!

Very much doubt they will be paying off the entire contract for the 4 staff binned. There will be clauses that pay bonuses; qualify for top 6, qualify for Europe, qualify for a cup final, all gone at our hands inside a week! Also clauses that allow them to empty the 4 staff if such targets are not met. I'm guessing failing on the 3 counts above allows them to get punted with perhaps 6 months paid up.

Either way, it is delicious watching this unfold.

Karma my dear, take a bow, your work this season is almost done.

Also Karma dearest, please do make time to get around to delivering some medicine to McGregor at Ross C*nty...

Next season will be fine now.

9 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So must be bringing in someone quickly. Sam Allerdyce was at Edinburgh Airport earlier. 

The Sun story seems credible. I think the lack of clarity and disagreement over signings was predicable after appointing an amateur to the role. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Surely that can't be right!

Yep, including caretakers,  and not counting David Gray and Eddie My who have each had two spells.  

23 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The article will be legit.  Journo knows them well

17 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Very much doubt they will be paying off the entire contract for the 4 staff binned. There will be clauses that pay bonuses; qualify for top 6, qualify for Europe, qualify for a cup final, all gone at our hands inside a week! Also clauses that allow them to empty the 4 staff if such targets are not met. I'm guessing failing on the 3 counts above allows them to get punted with perhaps 6 months paid up.

Either way, it is delicious watching this unfold.

Karma my dear, take a bow, your work this season is almost done.

Also Karma dearest, please do make time to get around to delivering some medicine to McGregor at Ross C*nty...

Next season will be fine now.

They’ve apparently still got deferred wages to pay up. Their next accounts will make interesting reading.

I think what needs remembered is that their form doesn't even add up to the 2 or 3 wins they've achieved.  They played a totally ravaged Dundee United team and scraped a win and had some big luck in their other games too.  They've been the worst team in the league for a good few months.  That's not maroon.  Hibs mates saying it (though it has been apparent even just from highlights).

If they kept Maloney, they could've gone down.  They still could.

The fun thing here  though is actually how bad the entire setup is.  It wasn't just a bad appointment - those happen all the time - it's the fact their recruitment isn't connected to their manager, it's the fact Ron Gordon is feeling more and more like he's playing FM, it's that there is definite bad feeling throughout the club, with guys who've done good jobs leaving or being let go over the last year or two. Gordon has actually spent a bit of money (offset, yes, by the Boyle transfer which the article suggests he refused to reinvest), but it's all been wasted on shite and how long will he continue to do so before becoming frustated and bored?  It's the fact they've no sellable assets left (unless you include their land!).  It's all quite marvellous really.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They’ve apparently still got deferred wages to pay up. Their next accounts will make interesting reading.

Reading this makes me think of that odious cretin McManus, the self styled 'T man'.

He had a go at Budge for cutting wages etc and praised the vermin for only deferring wages. Interesting, gloomy times ahead for all those of a vermin persuasion.

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )