Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

24 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Very much doubt they will be paying off the entire contract for the 4 staff binned. There will be clauses that pay bonuses; qualify for top 6, qualify for Europe, qualify for a cup final, all gone at our hands inside a week! Also clauses that allow them to empty the 4 staff if such targets are not met. I'm guessing failing on the 3 counts above allows them to get punted with perhaps 6 months paid up.

Either way, it is delicious watching this unfold.

Karma my dear, take a bow, your work this season is almost done.

Also Karma dearest, please do make time to get around to delivering some medicine to McGregor at Ross C*nty...

Next season will be fine now.

That would be my guess too.  A 6 month buyout clause would be pretty normal I think.

• Replies 1.6k

• Sooks

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

36 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If that Sun article is accurate (doubtful?) and the players overheard that heated exchange in the dressing room, some of those players will be looking to leave I reckon - which may not be a bad thing given how guff many of them are.

In essence, none of yesterdays events is gonna be good for team morale and there will be others who’s already shattered confidence will have taken another dunt.

Just what they need as the club enters another relegation battle.

To some extent relegation would be a good thing for them. They could get rid of the dross and almost start from scratch and try and build confidence by actually winning games. 

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

To some extent relegation would be a good thing for them. They could get rid of the dross and almost start from scratch and try and build confidence by actually winning games. 

Totally agree. Yet another 3+ seasons in the “Division of Dregs”, would allow them to re-group and prepare for running us close (but still losing) on the pitch and winning the singing contest.

I think I would start suffering withdrawal symptoms if it took them any longer to get promoted though.

3 managers In a season and his son as director of football. Why have the Scottish press not given him a Mad Vlad style title yet? Rocket Ronnie? 

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

3 managers In a season and his son as director of football. Why have the Scottish press not given him a Mad Vlad style title yet? Rocket Ronnie? 

I cant understand why they have a protective layer from the Scottish/Glasgow gutter press. Very strange!

43 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

They sacked the last manager before a cup final. They should be getting  absolutely trashed and ridiculed

Only reason they aren't is that Ron Gordon is a guid Scottish name ken? If the us based peruvian actually had a peruvian name the media would be all over him and his destruction of a scottish institution.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Only reason they aren't is that Ron Gordon is a guid Scottish name ken? If the us based peruvian actually had a peruvian name the media would be all over him and his destruction of a scottish institution.

Only reason is because Ron hasn’t the balls Vlad had to speak out.

That and with Vlads money we could and perhaps should have won the league.

The press don’t give a **** who owns clubs when they are quiet and not challenging for league titles. 

Barry Radge

Martinez probably hasn’t noticed he has been away for 4 months so he will be back in the Belgium dug out at their next game doing what he does best, arranging cones and handing out bibs. The wee scone.

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Scary thought, or maybe not:  they have had 23 managers this century.

Still a shocker I suppose :lol: 

096550E9-4C89-4157-83EB-D4821ED2D4AA.jpeg

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Yep, including caretakers,  and not counting David Gray and Eddie My who have each had two spells.  

Ah I see. 16 permanent managers with the interims etc😂

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Still a shocker I suppose :lol: 

096550E9-4C89-4157-83EB-D4821ED2D4AA.jpeg

By my count we've had 18 permanent in that time.  Maybe someone can confirm?

And that's through the VR batshit, 2 ownership changes which both came with new managers, our admin, and then obv all the Levein nonsense and demotion.  Probably the most tumultous 20 years in our history.

While Hibs have banged on that whole time about how well they're run!!!!

48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think what needs remembered is that their form doesn't even add up to the 2 or 3 wins they've achieved.  They played a totally ravaged Dundee United team and scraped a win and had some big luck in their other games too.  They've been the worst team in the league for a good few months.  That's not maroon.  Hibs mates saying it (though it has been apparent even just from highlights).

If they kept Maloney, they could've gone down.  They still could.

The fun thing here  though is actually how bad the entire setup is.  It wasn't just a bad appointment - those happen all the time - it's the fact their recruitment isn't connected to their manager, it's the fact Ron Gordon is feeling more and more like he's playing FM, it's that there is definite bad feeling throughout the club, with guys who've done good jobs leaving or being let go over the last year or two. Gordon has actually spent a bit of money (offset, yes, by the Boyle transfer which the article suggests he refused to reinvest), but it's all been wasted on shite and how long will he continue to do so before becoming frustated and bored?  It's the fact they've no sellable assets left (unless you include their land!).  It's all quite marvellous really.

:glorious:

I was in the merchants getting materials this morning and the guy is a right hibby. He reeled off pure drivel for about ten minutes it was utterly magnificent standing there grinning…

He was all over the place, Simms our only decent player, another 5 mins and they’d have won, was proud of them, we had loads of empty seats tae, Craig Gordon was a hibby, when Sauzee was there they went 11 in a row against us- can someone confirm that btw?! They had a wee spell then but I don’t remember that🤣🤣

What a wonderful 10 or so days it’s been watching those mutants implode…

F80601A0-5471-41A6-8094-8F5476960AEA.gif

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was in the merchants getting materials this morning and the guy is a right hibby. He reeled off pure drivel for about ten minutes it was utterly magnificent standing there grinning…

He was all over the place, Simms our only decent player, another 5 mins and they’d have won, was proud of them, we had loads of empty seats tae, Craig Gordon was a hibby, when Sauzee was there they went 11 in a row against us- can someone confirm that btw?! They had a wee spell then but I don’t remember that🤣🤣

He was slavering. It was 6, with only 2 of those wins.

Kris Commons - "constantly chopping and changing a manager is harmful. You end up in a constant cycle of transition. The squad ends up being ripped up every 12 months. There's no continuity or sense of identity when you have a trigger happy owner like Ron Gordon in charge"

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kris-commons-slams-hibs-chief-23731029?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=organic

3 minutes ago, Meathook said:

The 6 unbeaten  inbetween 17 and 22?

Jambo_jim2001

Is Steve Kean still there? I'm sure Blackburn fans were warning the hobbos he was a poisoned chalice and back stabber..next manager 🤔

17 minutes ago, Meathook said:

I knew they had a small spell around McLeish being manager but I couldn’t argue…I think I pulled a similar coupon when he said it..giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s1cpzft3j1qo9l380a

They have so little to cling to it’s ****ing hilarious man :lol: 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The 6 unbeaten  inbetween 17 and 22?

😂😂 They are imploding and I’m all for it! 😍😍

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

What a welt of a man. Happy he only lost 2-1. They only scored because we momentarily went to sleep. Had Boycie scored then I think it would have been a cricket score by FT.

Aye.

At 2-0 I thought we were going to eclipse 06 and 12.

Never mind, Marv, we'll just have to be content with a narrow win, a Cup final, a summer signing spree, group stage Europe...it's a hard life, bud.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It's simply marvellous isn't it!  Have to admit I haven't had much of this - know a few hibbies but they're the minority type and all basically said, "aye we're pish, you deserved it, kept us at arms length" type thing.

One walloper I didn't know in the pub on Sat night who was a bit broken.  No aggression in him, just the usual, even when the play us off the park, they can't beat us.  I told him, they probably would if they ever did!

Hibs' unbeaten runs during the era of our 12, 17 and 22 without defeat (Hearts score first. I just couldn't do it from their pov):

87/88  L  1-2

0-0

0-0

88/89  0-0

L  1-2

L  0-1

97/98  2-2

L  1-2

99/00  1-1

L 0-3

L  1-3

00/01   0-0

2-6

1-1

D 0-0

01/02    L 1-2

1-1

14/15    D 1-1

1-1

L 0-2

15/16    D 2-2

0-1

16/17    0-0

1-3

17-18    0-1

0-0

We're on 6 at the moment and have also had other runs of 5+ but a "long" unbeaten run in the derby has a different meaning to Hearts fans.

UchesPackage

hearing during the lead up to the semi final hibs players had a fall out due to the likes of mueller, melkerson and hauge earning much more than those who have been there for years and not living up to the wages 

Edited by UchesPackage

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Aye.

Never mind, Marv, we'll just have to be content with a narrow win, a Cup final, a summer signing spree, group stage Europe...it's a hard life, bud.

Yup, life is tough being a Jambo 😃

One name mentioned ex Scotland manager Shelley Kerr one of the flumps has suggested but no sure if it’s a wind up……the rest aren’t buying it.

John Gentleman
18 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Heard Den Ver is in with a shout.

With Chic Cago and Tam Pa as his assistants?

33 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

One name mentioned ex Scotland manager Shelley Kerr one of the flumps has suggested but no sure if it’s a wind up……the rest aren’t buying it.

Good jambo

Can't help feeling that players like David Gray and Lewis Stevenson have told Ron Gordon and his associates that Maloney had no tactics in the semi apart from injuring Hearts players.

So glad the little creep has been removed, and I hope it was decent players who wanted rid of him.

Putting out cones are what he knows.

36 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Good jambo

Really?  She never seems to have a good word to say about us when doing her punditry.

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, logopolis said:

At least the selling of Boyle covers the three managers still on their books.

It would appear that most of the £3m from the sale of the Flying Wig winged it’s way across the Pond. It’s what asset-strippers do.

55 minutes ago, Australis said:

Can't help feeling that players like David Gray and Lewis Stevenson have told Ron Gordon and his associates that Maloney had no tactics in the semi apart from injuring Hearts players.

So glad the little creep has been removed, and I hope it was decent players who wanted rid of him.

Putting out cones are what he knows.

Replace the two above with Hanlon

54 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Seemingly wee Ron the Con is going to make a statement later…. This will be comedy gold!

"I want to make hibs great again" Ronald J Gordon

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye.

If Boyce hadn't messed up and Sibbick hadn't gifted them a goal it would have been.

4 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Is Steve Kean still there? I'm sure Blackburn fans were warning the hobbos he was a poisoned chalice and back stabber..next manager 🤔

Still there and has been sat in the stand with the CEO for their last few games which is kind of odd for a so called academy director (as has Scott Brown, who without Maloneys knowledge/approval had apparently been offered a coaching role for next season).

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I would simply say to that Hibby loser "You seem to be paying a lot of attention to Hearts and Hearts players.  It's nice to see that we're living rent-free in your head. Personally, I don't give a shit about Hibs.  They're irrelevant."

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I cant understand why they have a protective layer from the Scottish/Glasgow gutter press. Very strange!

Because they will never provide a real threat to the duopoly. Us on the other hand, can and have provided a real challenge when we get it right.

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Last time Hibs went 11 in a row against us, Sauzee was a schoolboy. :jjyay: 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

First time I've heard him speak. Not sure what I was expecting 🤭

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

First time I've heard him speak. Not sure what I was expecting 🤭

Well this is good. Nearly every manager in league wants to have the Hibs squad. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )