Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

Rick Sanchez

I never realised Lee Johnson was the manager when the ex player ran up to the old manager giving it the big one.

I'll see if I can find the clip.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Macros said:

This was during the time Leeann Dempster was their CEO. I know many on here have a very low opinion of her but Motherwell had a good couple of seasons when she was there, Hibs may well have managed to Hibs it but she was their CEO when they won the cup, she's now at Queens Park who have just been promoted. Senior management at Hearts have been complimentary about her ability, perhaps the Hibs owners and fans are realising their mistakes now.

Oh absolutely mate.  She's good at what she does.  Seems a decent person too imo.  Downhill fast at San Giro since she left.

Can they learn from mistakes?  We're an entirely different club to what we were even 2 years ago.  But we had people learning on the job upstairs basically, a symptom of our journey.  We now have an exceptionally good executive level team.  Can Hibs spot their issues and fix them?  I'm not sure with their owner.  More likely he's already bored of his new toy and gets out however he can

The Scum reporting yesterday that they are going to swoop for ex-Hearts striker Cole Stockton.

He's scored a fair number of goals in the first division but if that's their new standard they are relegation canon fodder 😁

highlandjambo3
On 24/05/2022 at 15:37, Mikey1874 said:

Outstanding 

He’ll need to watch out he doesn’t put his back out the number of times he’ll be picking the ball out the back of the net😁

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Oh absolutely mate.  She's good at what she does.  Seems a decent person too imo.  Downhill fast at San Giro since she left.

Can they learn from mistakes?  We're an entirely different club to what we were even 2 years ago.  But we had people learning on the job upstairs basically, a symptom of our journey.  We now have an exceptionally good executive level team.  Can Hibs spot their issues and fix them?  I'm not sure with their owner.  More likely he's already bored of his new toy and gets out however he can

I would agree. I think its no surprise that they were arguably more stable in the time under her than any other time.

Yeah, to improve it requires recognising your mistakes and learning from them. For all the criticism that Ann Budge and the board had especially in 2019/20 season, they did learn and change things. Yes you could argue they were slow to mistakes fans were pointing out but it changed. I agree the question is will Ron do the same, I dont think so, he seems the kind of businessman who thinks they are right and will stubbornly stick to an idea.

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He’ll need to watch out he doesn’t put his back out the number of times he’ll be picking the ball out the back of the net😁

The best part is Johnson never knew he was signing him.

It was decided when they had no manager.

What a club, Johnson was the only one interviewed who was nothing but a yes man.

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Apologies if it’s posted somewhere else but apparently they are looking to sign Cole Stockton, proper shitting myself at that :clyay:

I'm sure it has came out that they are not going to sign him. No doubt he thought feck that

frankblack
On 20/05/2022 at 14:50, briever said:

Wait until he sees the dross that he's hoping to do that with.

And gets told which players he has to sell.

On 20/05/2022 at 14:27, wentworth jambo said:

Just another managerial cliche - up there with treat the opponent with respect, one game at a time, etc. Has anyone ever taken a new role and told the press "I'm a right negative ba5tard, I'll be parking the bus every game hoping to scrape a series of nil-nils"

Baloney said the former but did the latter!

Almost word for word & they haven't even noticed!

Bored at work so I  had wee glance on the hobos next hibs manger thread and there ever ending  wish list, never ever consisted of LJ ,but there was a rake of big names that just goes on and on, gave me a few chuckles, especially after the event  

I managed to page 5, but its an amusing  read to say the least imho . I also  randomly hit a page and i think it was 90 odd of 184 pages before noticing  the penny drop that they might be getting Mr Cheap,  but hoping within hope it was still gonny be a big name that would also  sell ST's , the delusion is top drawer to say the least 

Edited by SCFHearts

I'm sure they have a big name ready to sign. Someone like Cole Stockton  would surely boost their season ticket sales.

I predict freefall for them next year. 

Cole Stockton arguably got Ian Cathro sacked as he missed a last second chance to beat Dunfermline to qualify from League Cup group. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cole Stockton arguably got Ian Cathro sacked as he missed a last second chance to beat Dunfermline to qualify from League Cup group. 

He also scunnered his Hearts career in the same moment. 

Can’t help but wonder what if he’d scored, could’ve went differently.

Back to 2005
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every cloud..

I only remember 2 moments from Cole Stockton's time both bad misses. The miss against Dunfermline and smashing the ball against bar close out in friendly v Livingston where ref bizarrely gave the goal. 

Edited by Mikey1874

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I only remember 2 moments from Cole Stockton's time both bad misses. The miss against Dunfermline and smashing the ball against bar close out in friendly v Livingston where ref bizarrely gave the goal. 

Is he not very similar to that James Scott they’ve got?

Was at two Fleetwood games last year when Stockton was playing (including the one with his woder goal). Looked like he'd beefed up ans was stronger than when he was at us.

Cant really see him being a sucessfor any team in tbe top Scottish  league.

If that's the standard of player they are targeting then David Marshal will be a very busy man.

Bungalow Bill

H1b5 being interested in Cole Stockton is music to my ears. If Johnson thinks signing players from League 1/2 is going to improve Hibs then he’ll be lucky to get a season. 

8 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

H1b5 being interested in Cole Stockton is music to my ears. If Johnson thinks signing players from League 1/2 is going to improve Hibs then he’ll be lucky to get a season. 

Yes this

andyscott82
20 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Is he not very similar to that James Scott they’ve got?

As in, they’re both shite? 

2 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

As in, they’re both shite? 

Well aye that sort of non scoring type forward kinda shite!

23 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He did us a massive favour with that miss.  Had he scored, that clown Levein would have given Cathro a contract extension.

PapaShango
15 hours ago, Yoda said:

He did us a massive favour with that miss.  Had he scored, that clown Levein would have given Cathro a contract extension.

Gives me chills just thinking back to the shambles we were watching back then. A dark time to be a Hearts fan! 

Turkishcap

Just think  we are in group stages, if well and dutd were to qualify as well that would be 2 more teams gaining a big financial step away from hobbits.

Yes for me it's only Hearts but it does make me chuckle.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 30/05/2022 at 06:28, Macros said:

This was during the time Leeann Dempster was their CEO. I know many on here have a very low opinion of her but Motherwell had a good couple of seasons when she was there, Hibs may well have managed to Hibs it but she was their CEO when they won the cup, she's now at Queens Park who have just been promoted. Senior management at Hearts have been complimentary about her ability, perhaps the Hibs owners and fans are realising their mistakes now.

I'm a bit behind on this but Dempster is a little bit like John McGinn, of course we had to run them down when they were at Hibs but in the end it was better for us that they left.

Between Dempster and Jack Ross, Hibs have gotten rid of people who got them a very good run of success and replaced them with numpties.

:jjyay:

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

Just think  we are in group stages, if well and dutd were to qualify as well that would be 2 more teams gaining a big financial step away from hobbits.

If we lose our playoff for selfish reasons I hope they don't qualify but if we do make the UEL groups I hope both of them see their way through. It's good for the Scottish game and it also continues to gazump two American owners making lots of noise about being the third force and firing good staff. (I suppose I am also an American owner of a Scottish football club aiming to be the third force but that's a bit different. . . 😁

AllyjamboDerbyshire
40 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If we lose our playoff for selfish reasons I hope they don't qualify but if we do make the UEL groups I hope both of them see their way through. It's good for the Scottish game and it also continues to gazump two American owners making lots of noise about being the third force and firing good staff. (I suppose I am also an American owner of a Scottish football club aiming to be the third force but that's a bit different. . . 😁

I liked that, Led, nicely put 👍

DesertDawg
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

There's quite a few of us like that!  Just make it "North American" for the guys in Canada.

jamboinglasgow
8 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

To be fair, I was thinking that as well. Would be funny if Aberdeen and Hibs have messed up so badly last season that other teams are getting a financial boost ahead of them and making it more difficult for them to catch up.

On 01/06/2022 at 18:29, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, I was thinking that as well. Would be funny if Aberdeen and Hibs have messed up so badly last season that other teams are getting a financial boost ahead of them and making it more difficult for them to catch up.

The sheep committed suicide when they booted out McInnes. When tehy fired him they were in 4th spot and had never been any lower than that in almost his entire tenure. Euro spots year after year.

I hope everybody qualifies. It's good for the game, will bring much needed money into the game, and make the league just that bit more attractive to gifted youngsters from abroad. Plus if we want to keep these easier paths to a group maintaining the coefficient is an absolute must. 

And for the reasons already mentioned, hubz and sheep deserve to be eclipsed by others.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 02/06/2022 at 00:29, jamboinglasgow said:

Reality is just like the Uglies doing well on Europe is good for us, the more strength of other teams in the SPL is the best way of a non-OF team challenging them for the league.

We just need to make sure we stay ahead of the pack which with our set up, location, status etc I am sure we will.

Naisys Tackle
43 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Reality is just like the Uglies doing well on Europe is good for us, the more strength of other teams in the SPL is the best way of a non-OF team challenging them for the league.

We just need to make sure we stay ahead of the pack which with our set up, location, status etc I am sure we will.

Completely Agree.  I do think Hibs have got it much more correct with Johnson than Goodwin up north mind you.  Alexander doesn’t seem much kop and I could see Courts going to Aberdeen if they get off to a Shan start with Kevin Thomson going to Dundee Utd, ironically from Kelty.  No idea what Sir Paul is playing at going to the English L2 unless they are planning to spend big. I’m happy that our management team is settled and can’t see anyone leaving anytime soon although Sunderland may come calling.