Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"playing for 7th"

Not after today you won't 

He also said that they were aiming to win more points than the team that finishes 4th.  Considering they won't be playing Celtic, Rangers or Hearts, that should be possible. I got the impression that wild claims about really finishing 4th may follow if they manage this. 

However, it could go delightfully wrong for them again.

31 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He also said that they were aiming to win more points than the team that finishes 4th.  Considering they won't be playing Celtic, Rangers or Hearts, that should be possible. I got the impression that wild claims about really finishing 4th may follow if they manage this. 

However, it could go delightfully wrong for them again.

Spot on, when the 3 teams in top 6 are playing the above for 2 available European places, H1b5 are playing the “also rans” to avoid the play off spot.

DG another joker who does not understand the concept of the split after 33 games. It may not be totally fair in terms of 17/16 home/away games, but the rules are known from the start, unlike the “demotion season”!!

The best part of H1b5 season has been game 33 when they lost 3 - 1 at Tynecastle & followed up by their 2 - 1 defeat at Hampden playing Heart of Midlothian the following week 👍

I hope the pain for them starts in Paisley this afternoon, despite playing another untrustworthy team.

Horatio Caine
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Okay then. Own up. Who picked this team? Very close to the team Maloney would likely have picked.

20220423_134919.jpg

Except that I see Elsa's back in up front.

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Except that I see Elsa's back in up front.

Bold move. Only change from Hampden replacing suspended Porteous.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Okay then. Own up. Who picked this team? Very close to the team Maloney would likely have picked.

20220423_134919.jpg

Don't get your logic what makes you think it's "very close" , explain for once!

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The Times saying Roy Keane wants the gig. What a laugh that would be.

One thing he certainly won't be quiet if the place is a shambles

I see that Gordon’s acolytes in the Scotsman are fair talking up Chris Cadden as being a superstar.  The latest one of the Hibs players to get this treatment. Ron must fancy getting a fee for him in the summer.

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I see that Gordon’s acolytes in the Scotsman are fair talking up Chris Cadden as being a superstar.  The latest one of the Hibs players to get this treatment. Ron must fancy getting a fee for him in the summer.

Scored against Hearts, therefore is the current Hibernian flavour of the month.

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Scored against Hearts, therefore is the current Hibernian flavour of the month.

No doubt Henderson will be next

indianajones
38 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Went off injured yesterday. No idea how bad it is. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

No doubt Henderson will be next

Isn't he a Celtic loan?

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

would be popcorn viewing. He’s on the edge as they like to say. What could possibly go wrong. Would be another bumper compensation package to pay when he inevitably takes the huff

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

What's happened to £5 million rated Josh Doig?

Shot their bolt with Doig I reckon.  Had their pals in the press herald him as some sort of super star.  Now pretty obvious that he’s ordinary at best.  Now sitting on their bench and that gives an indication of how good he really is given the absolute crap picked in front of him.

therefsajambo
On 22/04/2022 at 15:36, Smoked-Glass said:

They should bring this guy back.

Wanna sing the songs again

received_240405891345545.jpeg

One of my favourite chants.... Some poor monkeys got a Tony Mowbray heid , a Tony Mowbray heid 

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

would be popcorn viewing. He’s on the edge as they like to say. What could possibly go wrong. Would be another bumper compensation package to pay when he inevitably takes the huff

It’s all mapped out for them if they appoint Keane. Big unaffordable contract. Promise him millions in the summer. He pisses everyone off from day 1. Makes ludicrous changes like he’s managing Man Utd. Promise of millions falls through. They sell what’s left of the family silver. Come Christmas, he’s failed with what they gave him, their purse is empty and he’s off with the last wedge they have been keeping for a rainy day.

They would honestly be better getting down on their knees to get Ross Jack back in the seat. At least he is stable. Appoint the wrong man this time and they’ll go down next season.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Isn't he a Celtic loan?

Yes but signed a pre contract to sign in summer

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Shot their bolt with Doig I reckon.  Had their pals in the press herald him as some sort of super star.  Now pretty obvious that he’s ordinary at best.  Now sitting on their bench and that gives an indication of how good he really is given the absolute crap picked in front of him.

The new Callum Booth. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yes but signed a pre contract to sign in summer

37 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think it’s a loan with agreed fee to buy

I didn't know that.
"loan with agreed fee to buy" - and then immediately bump the price and try to sell? It's the Ron Way.

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I didn't know that.
"loan with agreed fee to buy" - and then immediately bump the price and try to sell? It's the Ron Way.

I think he’s out of contract as of 1st June so I don’t think it’ll cost Hibs anything. He’s actually the 1 decent piece of business Maloney did IMO, I quite like him as a player 

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

What's happened to £5 million rated Josh Doig?

Was reading last week that Ron was confident of selling Doig, Nisbet and porteous for 10 million total 😂😂

Hibs must spewing they knocked back the offers they got a year ago for them. 

37 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I didn't know that.

Yeah think was out of contract but had to agree a compensation payment due to his age. Ron probably touting him for a move down south

29 minutes ago, theshed said:

Was reading last week that Ron was confident of selling Doig, Nisbet and porteous for 10 million total 😂😂

Hibs must spewing they knocked back the offers they got a year ago for them. 

Birmingham City reportedly had a combined £5 million in for Sam Cosgrove and Nisbet.

Cosgrove is bad enough on its own, but it they had signed Nisbet as well, that would have possibly been the worst deal football history.

6 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Isn't he a Celtic loan?

I thought so to but the way Hibs fans are talking it's as if he belongs to them.Maybe a 18 month loan ?

8 hours ago, Deevers said:

Tbf to Cadden he is the only player theyve got that performs consistently and carries a threat. Porteous has potential but its like Morelos people will look at the other stuff not just ability and steer clear or wont offer close to what Hibs expect he is worth. Cadden is not a big figure sale but could bring in maybe 300/500k to a decent enough lower English team.

Nisbet - no chance , Porteous again maybe 300/500k unless they overlook the temperament and immaturity then maybe they could get up to 700 (i cant see it but…) , Doig 😒 he got dropped early in the season and has been in and out the team. Bit like a poor mans Atkinson if Atkinson forgot what to do in the opponents final third. His defensive capabilities have not developed and anyone looking to buy him at anything other more than a couple hundred K (and thats being generous) would want a player that had some defensive capability too. 

What other assets do they have

Clarke is an Arsenal player

JDH 😒

Newell 😒

Doidge 😵💫

Henderson - has looked ok but is he going there permanently or is he going back Celtic. Even then they wont bring him in and punt him immediately

Meuller 😒 Hes been very poor dropped quickly and has contributed little. No value there and on a big wage (allegedly 😏)

Jasper is a Fulham player

Melkerson - seen him twice - took goals well against Motherwell then missed a sitter that was inexplicable. Was poor versus us

Rocky is on loan from Norwich (do they have a we have to buy him deal as that would be hilarious) poor mans Efe Ambrose 😳

**** knows who else they have but I just dont see any value in their squad at all let alone anything that will come close to Rons valuations unless he buys another team and buys them himself

Some of my Hibby pals, in a quandary as to what to do.

I suggested rebranding to IB Hubz like Leipzig and Salzburg but having Scotland’s own energy drink as sponsors. I told them Irn Brew would make them world famous in Leith…🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs ( Merged )

Keane must have some deal with the betting companies. 

Gets quoted at start of loads of jobs then disappears from contention. 

16 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

More likely his namesake Steve

Naisys Tackle

Is it just me or do Hibs with Ronald J Conman in charge seem a bit like when Dundee was owned by the guys that brought Ravanelli and Burley in?   They genuinely don't seem to have a clue of how to run a football club and just making it up as they go along.  Even their CEO looks like a prick off Benidorm, the kind of weasel that blames everything on people there before and blags absolutely everything good with the gab but absolutely clueless.  I didn't ever think Sir Tom Farmer would leave them in the shit and only sell up when the right person came around, delighted he's still around and delighted to be wrong on that one.  (Sir Tom is one of life's good guys, don't care what anyone says).  

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Malky Mackay is certainly arrogant enough to think he deserves a job like Hibs. 

It could be a good fit. 

Not sure that first sentence makes sense. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roy-keane-interested-in-succeeding-shaun-maloney-at-hibs-j2s90pqc9

Roy Keane interested in succeeding Shaun Maloney at Hibs

Roy Keane has emerged as a potential surprise successor to Shaun Maloney as Hibernian manager. Maloney was sacked last week after just 120 days in charge following a 2-1 defeat by rivals Hearts in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden.

23 hours ago, Section Q said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roy-keane-interested-in-succeeding-shaun-maloney-at-hibs-j2s90pqc9

Roy Keane interested in succeeding Shaun Maloney at Hibs

Roy Keane has emerged as a potential surprise successor to Shaun Maloney as Hibernian manager. Maloney was sacked last week after just 120 days in charge following a 2-1 defeat by rivals Hearts in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden.

Hope this is true.

29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is it just me or do Hibs with Ronald J Conman in charge seem a bit like when Dundee was owned by the guys that brought Ravanelli and Burley in?   They genuinely don't seem to have a clue of how to run a football club and just making it up as they go along.  Even their CEO looks like a prick off Benidorm, the kind of weasel that blames everything on people there before and blags absolutely everything good with the gab but absolutely clueless.  I didn't ever think Sir Tom Farmer would leave them in the shit and only sell up when the right person came around, delighted he's still around and delighted to be wrong on that one.  (Sir Tom is one of life's good guys, don't care what anyone says).  

Unless you are a little old lady that only  wanted a puncture repaired.

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Unless you are a little old lady that only  wanted a puncture repaired.

He's spent absolutely millions on little old ladies going to the Vatican as part of his charity work with nothing in return.   He may have bought Hibs but he's one of lifes good people.   

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )