Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

Jamstomorrow

I don't know if it has been mooted earlier, but Broonaldo anyone?  Nah!  That is just too ridiculous.  .  .  .  .  Isn't it?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been a financially disastrous 10 days for the Vermin.

First we knocked them out of the top 6, then we knocked them out of the Cup.  Now they have to pay for a new manager as well as paying Baloney off for another 3 years.

Bumpy days ahead for them.  But they can draw some comfort in knowing that they still have Hibs Class and Hibs Values.  :rofl:

Alec Eiffel
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3.5 year deal,4 months in.

Oh my sides!!

That's a fair lot of gardening time.  

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Theres a lit more to the time at Aberdeen too. Happy for him to go to Hibs if he does likewise there 😍

Though not sure why Maloney was sacked , according to the BBC defeats to us consigned them to bottom 6 and the cup… 😳

Do tell.....!!!!

Factuer Moi
3 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

“Hibs appoint 39-year-old mascot as manager.” 

THEN SACKED HIM

Factuer Moi
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It has been a financially disastrous 10 days for the Vermin.

First we knocked them out of the top 6, then we knocked them out of the Cup.  Now they have to pay for a new manager as well as paying Baloney off for another 3 years.

Bumpy days ahead for them.  But they can draw some comfort in knowing that they still have Hibs Class and Hibs Values.  :rofl:

Meanwhile the prices have went up.

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

8 Things You May Not Know About the Real Colonel Sanders - HISTORY

Ronnie Barker was from Bedfordshire.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Just been on the news he turned up to training this morning and was told to pack his bags!

Hibs class shining through 

Wouldn't it just be the fitting end if Sir David Gray now relegates them 🤣

Edited by vegas-voss

32 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Could it be that Ron the Con thinks in USA style franchises and when we were down he thought we would all move over and support Hibs, Now he realises they will never get the better of us and he has bought a pig in a poke?

I have heard this mentioned before that in America there is less loyalty for certain city teams. They cost themselves 200k when demoting us

Jambo_jim2001
2 hours ago, lou said:

I am surprised Martindale's name is not getting mentioned, he has a definite Hibby aura 

He has several hilarious pages back🤣🤣

wentworth jambo

The vote on VAR explains everything - wee Ron knew there'd be a sliding scale to pay for it so wants to see Lochend as far down the league as possible...look after the pennies as they say 😉 

17 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Ronnie Barker was from Bedfordshire.

I think that might've been referencing Col Sanders as an American Franchise option?

Edit: D'ho!!! I'm a bit slow sometimes. 👍

Edited by Wee Mikey

maroonlegions

From one of them over there;

"This type of thing is what lead to us getting relegated last time, no cohesion, no plan, chopping and changing managers with an alarming regularity.

The money being spent on paying off sacked managers is money that could be spent on the playing squad.

We'll be a bottom 6 club again next year"
  Beautiful..
:greggy:

Guest ToqueJambo

Ron Gordon and his committee certainly seem to be a group of astute business people with finely tuned football brains.

Either Ross and Maloney are on gardening leave still getting paid for a couple of years or Hibs just paid off two well-paid long-term contracts with very large lump sums in 9 months. Geniuses!

Now how many duds on 3/4/5 year contracts will the new man need to pay off? Campbell, Doyle-Hayes, MacGennis, Newell, Melkerson... 

38 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's Hibs we're talking about, they "had enough points" when Butcher took them down.

They were only 4 points clear of 11th at game 33. The gap is 8 this time. Unfortunately that’s probably enough this time

Just now, JimmyCant said:

They were only 4 points clear of 11th at game 33. The gap is 8 this time. Unfortunately that’s probably enough this time

Stop being a spoil-sport! 😁

54 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I just wonder how much sacking Maloney will cost them?

Boyle's transfer fee looks like it will come in useful!

They need to think about a Celtic style roll on contract!

Celtic is yearly, Hibs could go weekly or maybe stretch to monthly!!!!

I seem to recall that Michael Appleton turned the job down before Hecky got it, because there was a clause in the contract where he would only receive 3 months salary as compensation if sacked.  I've no idea if that clause will have applied to subsequent contracts.

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

"This type of thing is what lead to us getting relegated last time, no cohesion, no plan, chopping and changing managers with an alarming regularity.

The money being spent on paying off sacked managers is money that could be spent on the playing squad.

Beautiful..

He’s being gloomy and pessimistic, I’m pretty sure Hibs will make the top 6 of the Championship next year.

I now understand why he was wearing a black tie at Hampden.

See the source image

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Stop being a spoil-sport! 😁

Could still happen if St J find a bit of form, but I doubt it, now matter how much we’d love it I just can’t see it

14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I have heard this mentioned before that in America there is less loyalty for certain city teams. They cost themselves 200k when demoting us

There are many examples of Clubs moving to a different city, especially in baseball and football (not soccer!).  It often happens when a Club unsuccessfully tries to blackmail their host city into building them a new stadium.  When they don't get the shiny new stadium, they leave town.

I think Portree Hibs has a nice ring to it.

36 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Perfect job for a gnome though.

36 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Perfect job for a gnome though.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There are many examples of Clubs moving to a different city, especially in baseball and football (not soccer!).  It often happens when a Club unsuccessfully tries to blackmail their host city into building them a new stadium.  When they don't get the shiny new stadium, they leave town.

They'd take a good beating from Fort William FC. 🤭

Exile fae Main Street

Trouble is their next Manager might be better than Baloney?

Wee team, we Manager....

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I now understand why he was wearing a black tie at Hampden.

See the source image

That head's a bit big for the body, or is it the other way around?

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Dull Hibs

10 of Scotland's most bizarre sounding place names - Daily Record

It's twinned with an appropriately named American town so there's a good basis for this

Edited by scott herbertson

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They have 3 away games, with the sheep at home and St Johnstone on the last day. 

Porteous is still suspended. David Gray not proven. 

maroonlegions
4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Appointing a rookie manager mid way through a season with only a January transfer window and selling your best player is damning on the Hibs board.

Anyway, Hibs need to go for someone who has management experience and knows the club.

I'd suggest James McPake. Also has experience of promotion from the Championship and managing in the bottom six.

:sniff:

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Beautiful..

Mind we used to get absolute pelters under VR for the amount of coaches we'd had.  Hibs had just as many and now will have overtaken us the last, say 15 years I'd think?

Mental considering we were the batshit club apparently just how many managerial changes they've had.

Always said it all about Scottish football that while Hibs were getting through managers like a Leith trollop's douchebags, at the same time, Petrie was on the 3 man committee that appointed Scotland managers!!!!  Mental!!

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Could it be that Ron the Con thinks in USA style franchises and when we were down he thought we would all move over and support Hibs, Now he realises they will never get the better of us and he has bought a pig in a poke?

Ron doesn’t give a shiny one about Hibs as a football team and he certainly doesn’t care about ‘getting the better of Hearts’ 

Its merely an investment. He’s trousered a large portion of the Boyle money. He’ll flog Porteous in the summer and trouser that too. The only other asset they have is Cadden so he’ll be turned around and sold and he owns some prime location Edinburgh real estate he has already heavily hinted he wants to sell and move them out of town

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Dull Hibs

10 of Scotland's most bizarre sounding place names - Daily Record

It's twinned with an appropriately named American town so there's a good basis for this

Also twinned with Bland, New South Wales, Australia.

Yup; Dull, Boring and Bland. 😉

Exile fae Main Street
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Also twinned with Bland, New South Wales, Australia.

Yup; Dull, Boring and Bland. 😉

Superb!

5 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

They have 3 away games, with the sheep at home and St Johnstone on the last day. 

Porteous is still suspended. David Gray not proven. 

Oooooh that sounds good.

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ron Gordon and his committee certainly seem to be a group of astute business people with finely tuned football brains.

Either Ross and Maloney are on gardening leave still getting paid for a couple of years or Hibs just paid off two well-paid long-term contracts with very large lump sums in 9 months. Geniuses!

Now how many duds on 3/4/5 year contracts will the new man need to pay off? Campbell, Doyle-Hayes, MacGennis, Newell, Melkerson... 

You forgot Portaloo!! Add that lot together and Hibs will rake in £20M minimum at the next transfer window ...

.... Not

Edited by Wee Mikey

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Ron doesn’t give a shiny one about Hibs as a football team and he certainly doesn’t care about ‘getting the better of Hearts’ 

Its merely an investment. He’s trousered a large portion of the Boyle money and he owns some prime location Edinburgh real estate he has already heavily hinted he wants to sell and move them out of town

I don’t know if I’d ever stop laughing if flats and a Safe-Way went up down Easter Road.

2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I don’t know if I’d ever stop laughing if flats and a Safe-Way went up down Easter Road.

The developers would bite his hand off. Not sure Safeway is a thing these days though 😂

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

The developers would bite his hand off. Not sure Safeway is a thing these days though 😂

I’ve been away a while…😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )