Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

He actually speaks well.

Credit where it’s due.

However I don’t think he realises the size of the task of owning a Scottish football club. Especially as a foreign owner. 

As is always the case it’s the people that matter. I don’t think he has the right people in place that will make a significant difference.

Time will tell.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Longer session with fans

OMG..  The tenner smack bag crew..   They look and sound utterly broken..   Its like a skype meeting for the manic depressive action group.:vrface:

This is getting really messy is it not.Not usually you see stuff like this about the manager being spoken about openly straight after a sacking.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

He actually speaks well.

Credit where it’s due.

However I don’t think he realises the size of the task of owning a Scottish football club. Especially as a foreign owner. 

As is always the case it’s the people that matter. I don’t think he has the right people in place that will make a significant difference.

Time will tell.

Ron the Con sounding like a man out to just line his pockets..

Time will tell aye, with him bleeding them dry.. LOL.

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Hibs' unbeaten runs during the era of our 12, 17 and 22 without defeat (Hearts score first. I just couldn't do it from their pov):

87/88  L  1-2

0-0

0-0

88/89  0-0

L  1-2

L  0-1

97/98  2-2

L  1-2

99/00  1-1

L 0-3

L  1-3

00/01   0-0

2-6

1-1

D 0-0

01/02    L 1-2

1-1

14/15    D 1-1

1-1

L 0-2

15/16    D 2-2

0-1

16/17    0-0

1-3

17-18    0-1

0-0

We're on 6 at the moment and have also had other runs of 5+ but a "long" unbeaten run in the derby has a different meaning to Hearts fans.

Let’s go all the way back to 1900😁.   In 20 years Hearts won 30 derbies to Hibs 6 in all comps.  8 draws.   Incredible record at the time.  

A few wee unbeaten runs split by single Hibs wins.  They couldn’t muster consecutive victories. 

When Hibs managed to turn the tide for around 7 games as the 1920s progressed…what was the score of Hearts last victory in that incredible 20 year sequence?      

5-1.  😄🇱🇻🏆

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

This is getting really messy is it not.Not usually you see stuff like this about the manager being spoken about openly straight after a sacking.

My thoughts too. Something brewing behind the scenes that has caused the chief con man to raise his head from his gold blankets?? 

He speaks with forked tongue, hopefully..

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

He actually speaks well.

Credit where it’s due.

Time will tell.

I didn't get that feeling at all.Good on him for speaking to them but I thought he really didn't know much of how to go about running the club at all.

kingantti1874

I love the way he compared hibs revenue to hearts.. the hearts revenue he was comparing against being the championship season 😂

you were right the first time Ron. Your a closer to motherwell than hearts.  The end - goodnight 

Fair play for him on speaking to the fans however it's was all very corporate speak and most of it could be applied to any business.

Also thought he didn't really answer the last question on recruitment to well, looked uncomfortable and during the whole chat seemed to be praising their recruitment, however the body language and the faces of the audience didn't look like they were fully on board with these comments.

Due to it being recorded for public use it was all a bit nicey nicey. 

Edited by happyjam

5 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Fair play for him on speaking to the fans however it's was all very corporate speak and most of it could be applied to any business.

Also thought he didn't really answer the last question on recruitment to well, looked uncomfortable and during the whole chat seemed to be praising their recruitment, however the body language and the faces of the audience didn't look like they were fully on board with these comments.

Due to it being recorded for public use it was all a bit nicey nicey. 

Strangely he played down the importance of the recruitment team to aid his own argument - they 'just' vet the players, look at terms etc,  then it's decided by committee and manager get's a say.    Earlier he was talking about achieving excellence in every area but with recruitment he was just saying how hard working and committed his son is and he has good insight.   Didn't answer the question about what makes him the most qualified and suitable for that position.     Generally,  I think his style will play well to the Hibs fans but they have regressed badly and whether this guy has any substance will become very clear to all...

Watt-Zeefuik

The treatment of Ross and now Maloney is exactly how you get your club a reputation as a poison chalice.  It's one thing to fire a rookie manager after 4 months, it's quite another to sell a £3m player out from under him, refuse to use that to back any new signings, and then blame him for the catastrophe that follows.

You might be able to get away with that with a foreign manager who's not well known, but Scottish football is a very small place and Maloney and Ross are well known in the country. There's talk of them getting Kennedy from Celtic, but if Kennedy and Maloney are close, he's going to get an earful about the mess and not go near it.

Mackay has had enough pariah status (fully deserved) that he might be desperate enough to get a bigger job than Dingwall, but beyond that it's hard to imagine who with any Scotland connections will be desperate enough to take the abuse that that job comes with. Names like Martin Rennie start coming to mind. . .

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Strangely he played down the importance of the recruitment team to aid his own argument - they 'just' vet the players, look at terms etc,  then it's decided by committee and manager get's a say.    Earlier he was talking about achieving excellence in every area but with recruitment he was just saying how hard working and committed his son is and he has good insight.   Didn't answer the question about what makes him the most qualified and suitable for that position.     Generally,  I think his style will play well to the Hibs fans but they have regressed badly and whether this guy has any substance will become very clear to all...

Not sure Mr Brightside (or a few others) are on board.

From lockdown.net Mr Brightside

"I think the guy is totally deluded. His barometer of success will be Web Stats and impressions. Losing your identity will mean we wont be average anymore? He doesnt like Persevere? Very concerned. But there is nothing we can do now. It's his club and he can do what he wants which by the sounds of it will be promoting his boy to CEO after the masterclass in recruitment is done."

Edited by happyjam

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Near pissed myself when he was talking about the phrase “hib’d” it 😆😆

A few of them were squirming with that one.😂

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Near pissed myself when he was talking about the phrase “hib’d” it 😆😆

What time on the vid does he say that?

38 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Let’s go all the way back to 1900😁.   In 20 years Hearts won 30 derbies to Hibs 6 in all comps.  8 draws.   Incredible record at the time.  

A few wee unbeaten runs split by single Hibs wins.  They couldn’t muster consecutive victories. 

When Hibs managed to turn the tide for around 7 games as the 1920s progressed…what was the score of Hearts last victory in that incredible 20 year sequence?      

5-1.  😄🇱🇻🏆

👍

They've only won 3 derbies in-a-row twice. Three Scottish Cup ties in the 1880's and three league games in the early 1920's. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, briever said:

What time on the vid does he say that?

after half way, didn’t listen to it all just skipped for some highlights 😂 he also doesn’t like the phrase “persevere” 😂

Bungalow Bill
23 minutes ago, happyjam said:

A few of them were squirming with that one.😂

About 18:20 in to it. Almost spat my tea out! Superb. 

WorldChampions1902

One of the most famous Peruvians is Mario Llosa (pronounced ‘Loser’). Fellow Peruvian ‘Ron The Con’ is also pronounced ‘Loser’.  Llamageddon looms for the rodents. Can’t come quick enough.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

He actually speaks well.

Credit where it’s due.

Time will tell.

Con men often do. It's how they sell their scams to people. 

27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Mackay has had enough pariah status (fully deserved) that he might be desperate enough to get a bigger job than Dingwall

Now that would be fun, given they have a poll on Hibs.net that shows a large majority against appointing him.  Could be a major backlash from fans if he is given the job.

Boyces beard

hahaha he actually said Hib'd it and he also slated the history of the club saying it was average (it's no that good to be fair). The guys didn't look to happy with his answers, they are in trouble.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never knew Ron was a comedian 🤣 😂 😆  hibs and excellence in the same sentence? Now that is funny! Hehehe

TyphoonJambo
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

after half way, didn’t listen to it all just skipped for some highlights 😂 he also doesn’t like the phrase “persevere” 😂

Is it not a pub down leith?

indianajones

Watched the entire video. 

I dont think the guy knows how a football club works. 

He lists all the things that are great with hibs. New canteen, social media engagement and content, facilities etc. Seems to forget that its all secondary to winning which is the only point of football. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Watched the entire video. 

I dont think the guy knows how a football club works. 

He lists all the things that are great with hibs. New canteen, social media engagement and content, facilities etc. Seems to forget that its all secondary to winning which is the only point of football. 

No point in having corporate facilities if there is no-one to us them.  Nice Peruvian lady on the wall.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Longer session with fans

Him getting out there in front of the fans suggests they're up shit creek. Season tickets can't be looking good. 

Sounds to me like Mad Ron hopes that they avoid the play offs and then will appoint an experienced manager who has left his job elsewhere.

Hopefully he goes full soccerball with a crazy yank though

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Boyces beard
44 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Mackay has had enough pariah status (fully deserved) that he might be desperate enough to get a bigger job than Dingwall, but beyond that it's hard to imagine who with any Scotland connections will be desperate enough to take the abuse that that job comes with. Names like Martin Rennie start coming to mind. . .

As much as the man is a complete fud, i would not want him joining Hibs. Regardless of all the baggage he comes with, he has done a great job at Ross County on a much smaller budget so if he leaves RC hopefully its to move back down south.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

As much as the man is a complete fud, i would not want him joining Hibs. Regardless of all the baggage he comes with, he has done a great job at Ross County on a much smaller budget so if he leaves RC hopefully its to move back down south.

agreed. 

highlandjambo3

Hahaha…..Ron the con just saying on STV news that sacking SM may have been the wrong decision……clueless from bottom to top……please, please keep it going 😂😂😂

Edited by highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They love him for his decisive decision over the weekend but, buts but…..he’s only just admitted it might have been the wrong decision …….. ma sides 😂

AllyjamboDerbyshire
23 minutes ago, OTT said:

Him getting out there in front of the fans suggests they're up shit creek. Season tickets can't be looking good. 

That must be so reassuring to all Hibs fans, that Ron sees the current squad as being 'better than it is showing', well that's one way of saying he's no plans to spend more money on new and better players.

adambraejambo
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That must be so reassuring to all Hibs fans, that Ron sees the current squad as being 'better than it is showing', well that's one way of saying he's no plans to spend more money on new and better players.

All is good at Hibs. They have a new canteen coming. 

6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Its when he starts slating Preserve and 'hibit' :D 

I swear he's a secret jambo on the wind up. Probably not even American :D 

We'll find out next year this has all been an elaborate Sacha Baron Cohen character. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )