Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He's looking  for a way out. A buyer.

Red flags going up everywhere in order to mobilise some interest imo

He knows they're the wee team :D 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As predicted absolute comedy gold.

If they can’t see this is just a money making racket for the Gordon family then they had better wake up quickly.

He’s basically improved every aspect of the club which adds value to his investment not the actual football team. The ground, the training centre the corporate sponsors and bought an truck load of youngsters it’s all just to line his pockets when he sells players and eventually sells the club.

The actual first team is irrelevant, they’d better start the collections round leith to buy that club asap.

Meanwhile back in Gorgie, the feet are up and cigars are lit😊

He said their revenue is up 50%, he must be including the sale of Boyle as crowds are down and they can’t finish any higher than they are and they will have compo to pay Dross and Baloney too.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Well, after listening to Ron on that podcast I must say I think the Hibs fans will be feeling so much better to have heard what their club's owner has to say. Well I know that I am so very much reassured by his words, words that contained no promises that he might fail to deliver.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Brain dead fans fawning on Ron the Con’s every word! 🤣

Hook, line and sinker for most of them. Talk about easily conned.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is it not a pub down leith?

It is Leith, it's their Motto - if he cant even get that right what is the point in him?  Dont feck with people's history.

Lost in translation

'It' refers to the good things apparently happening at the club.

'It' doesn't matter if the football's no good

Talk is cheap. 

Gordon, Cormack, Nelms and that fat assistant to Ogren all have plenty to say, but have the owners with US links ever delivered, genuinely?

Gordon? Cronyism, club run by commitee, callously sacked folk during the pandemic, cheekily put the cap out to the S Govt after that cost cutting and "deferring" wages, wrecked their season by cruelly sacking Ross before the Cup final, further botched it by hiring an utterly ineffective Maloney who anyone could tell was clueless after hearing him talk/observing his body language for 30 seconds, clearly looking for nothing more than a return on investment and already open to a way out of the losers. Basically hopes his "candid fan chat" will fool enough of the gullible muppets to stop them haemorraghing season ticket sales. 

Cormack? Massive ego, writes so many checks he can't cash. New stadium is sunk, Glass was a disaster and his ego won't let him ever accept he is to blame for Aberdeen's misfortunes.

Ogren? Doesn't understand Scottish football, his melt of a sporting director seemed genuinely bemused  that Hearts were a bigger draw for Robbie, they are spending way beyond their means (will concede its established them back in the top league) and I doubt they have much room for growth. Best of the 4 but got there by massively overspending on wages.  

Nelms? Complete and utter ****ing fandan. Deservedly taking Dundee back down the shitter. Hiring McGhee was the most ridiculous decision by any club. Hope they stay in the shitter for years and he scuttles off. Prick. 

Edited by Gizmo
hibs-level spelling

Boyces beard

Little Tike' real life car goes on sale - BBC News

Looks like Shaun might be getting a coaching role a Queens Park, I'm sure that's Leeann Dempster in his passenger seat.

Edited by Boyces beard

5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

He seems not to bad a lad!😉

Only to the gullible 😉

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Sounds to me like Mad Ron hopes that they avoid the play offs and then will appoint an experienced manager who has left his job elsewhere.

Hopefully he goes full soccerball with a crazy yank though

Looking for a big name with stature    means surname must consist of more than 8 letters and must be over 4 ft 6inches

What's his accent all about? 

All we learnt from the various bits posted was that Ron Gordon has put his son in charge of his internet access.  Maybe not directly providing it, but certainly coordinating it as part of a team.  He should really have persevered with his previous ISP.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Longer session with fans

Rodders talks like he's holding his nose. Probably is given he's speaking down to a bunch of tramps. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

All buying into Ron's pish on Hibs.net

He’s got them exactly where he wants them. If he really gave a shit about the club other than making a load of cash out of it he’d have asked them why they don’t show up. He didn’t because he doesn’t care he made £3m from Boyle, hes sitting waiting on the McGinn money and once he’s pocketed some and spent the rest increasing the value of his assets he’ll sell a few more players and that’ll continue until he’s milked the life out it and he flogs the club to the first dodgy gezzer willing to pay for it.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

According to the BBC the wrong decision was sacking Jack Ross. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61168373

So let me get this straight.  He made the wrong decision in sacking Ross, a too hasty decision in appointing Maloney and may have made the wrong decision in sacking him?  Must be filling the hobos full of confidence.

SectionDJambo

It all went horribly wrong for Gordon and Cormack, when they thought that voting to demote a rival club, who’s fans contributed significantly in gate receipts to them, was going to damage Hearts financially to our long term detriment. They thought it would finish us as a serious force in Scottish football.
Instead, it galvanised us, on and off the park, to make sure that we never again allowed ourselves to be in a position to suffer off the field shenanigans from them. 
Remember the training ban when we had a cup semi final against Hibs on the horizon? Done by a committee with a Hibs chairperson. We already had to have a very late start to our season. Our team shoved that one back in their faces by beating Hibs in that semi final, winning the Championship easily, and then romping home to the golden European ticket this season, whilst Hibs and Aberdeen flounder.

We have risen above their spiteful behaviour and improved our recruitment and continue to grow helped by the Foundation of Hearts. They woke Hearts up. Thanks lads.

1 hour ago, sac said:

He said their revenue is up 50%, he must be including the sale of Boyle as crowds are down and they can’t finish any higher than they are and they will have compo to pay Dross and Baloney too.

Is that 50% up on last year, the season they played behind closed doors?

Just now, RobNox said:

Is that 50% up on last year, the season they played behind closed doors?

He said it on that podcast thingy, didn’t specify over what period, but I think he was bull********

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That must be so reassuring to all Hibs fans, that Ron sees the current squad as being 'better than it is showing', well that's one way of saying he's no plans to spend more money on new and better players.

He’ll arrange for a few more American no marks to be slotted into the squad in the hopes they can be moved in for a few Bob. Whoever takes the job there will have to accept that he and his son will have a big say on signings. That might well put off a few prospective candidates.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Lost in translation

'It' refers to the good things apparently happening at the club.

'It' doesn't matter if the football's no good

That's certainly how I interpreted in the context of the discussion, some naughty people just lifting that particular phrase out of context.

34 minutes ago, RobNox said:

So let me get this straight.  He made the wrong decision in sacking Ross, a too hasty decision in appointing Maloney and may have made the wrong decision in sacking him?  Must be filling the hobos full of confidence.

Have a gander at Hibs net they’re lapping it up.

22 minutes ago, sac said:

He said it on that podcast thingy, didn’t specify over what period, but I think he was bull********

It might be true if he's comparing this year to last year, but then every club is going to see a massive uplift in turnover this year.  For instance, if our turnover returned to what it was 2 years ago, that would be a 60% increase on last year's turnover.

If he's talking about a 50% increase since he took over then that is BS,  it would put them miles ahead of us and Aberdeen and I see no way that they could have achieved anything like that, unless they are shifting a hell of a lot of $hitcoins

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Hook, line and sinker for most of them. Talk about easily conned.

So predictable too. My pet hibby has trotted out every party line under the sun. Even said farmer and petrie did due diligence to make sure Ronnie was the right person to sell to and it's being proved right 🤭

33 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's certainly how I interpreted in the context of the discussion, some naughty people just lifting that particular phrase out of context.

The only bit from Ron that MADE sense

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Vacancy being advertised already witha salary of 10 sportmon go coupons and a big foam finger

Looking for tiny wee candidates who take a size XS, ideally with initials SM, to save on trackie bottoms etc.

What I find hilarious is, the similarities to romanov. Bring in cheap players thinking he can punt them on at a hefty profit. However, at least Romanov did put his own (or his banks) cash to try and make the team successful. And to think they were laughing at us at the time. I can only see this going 1 way. Tick tock you sibling shaggers. 

48 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Looking for tiny wee candidates who take a size XS, ideally with initials SM, to save on trackie bottoms etc.

Does SM mean Small Man?

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

As much as the man is a complete fud, i would not want him joining Hibs. Regardless of all the baggage he comes with, he has done a great job at Ross County on a much smaller budget so if he leaves RC hopefully its to move back down south.

I certainly don't disagree, other than that I always have like Ross County and ICT punching above their weight, and him being there ruins it. Him being at Hibs would close a lot of cognitive dissonance.

On the Scotsman thing, Andrew Smith pointed out that his horrid texts aside, Mackay does love to play the damn-the-torpedoes attacking "attractive" football that Hibs like to imagine is core to their identity.

13 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

All is good at Hibs. They have a new canteen coming. 

Ron's ebay watch list. Bet he goes for the preowned one. Cheapskate. 

Screenshot_20220421-073435.jpg

indianajones

Saturday night, a random text from one Premiership boss detailed his impression of that afternoon's counterpart which didn't make for comfortable reading.

To paraphrase, a certain deluded arrogance, detached and not offering the respectful air and grace a rival manager would expect.

This gaffer just wasn't having him, his rant also included an out-of-his-depth reference and a something about having ideas above his station and appointing his own PA.

A surprising read in all honesty as Maloney has always appeared the mannerly type, extremely quiet and unassuming as a player and polite when accepting an invite to be interviewed as a coach.

Then a few rumours started to seep out from within the Easter Road inner sanctum. Off the record comments about players not buying into the methods of a regime which had replaced the universally popular Jack Ross.

Having a purist’s style of play is no crime but falling into the trap of trying to reinvent the wheel when organisation and getting a team to do the basics better was the priority at their time of need.

Said it before - The Aberdonian arrogance was rife with Maloney. You could really tell he attended Cults Academy. 

The Treasurer

Apologies if its already been highlighted, but a special mention for the headline in the Express about wee Shaun's sacking.

It simply says  "Hibs-it"  

15 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It all went horribly wrong for Gordon and Cormack, when they thought that voting to demote a rival club, who’s fans contributed significantly in gate receipts to them, was going to damage Hearts financially to our long term detriment. They thought it would finish us as a serious force in Scottish football.
Instead, it galvanised us, on and off the park, to make sure that we never again allowed ourselves to be in a position to suffer off the field shenanigans from them. 
Remember the training ban when we had a cup semi final against Hibs on the horizon? Done by a committee with a Hibs chairperson. We already had to have a very late start to our season. Our team shoved that one back in their faces by beating Hibs in that semi final, winning the Championship easily, and then romping home to the golden European ticket this season, whilst Hibs and Aberdeen flounder.

We have risen above their spiteful behaviour and improved our recruitment and continue to grow helped by the Foundation of Hearts. They woke Hearts up. Thanks lads.

I said almost the exact same thing to my youngest when I was explaining Karma; that word heard a lot in my house over the last wee while!

I said if you do the right thing and always try to do the right thing, you will be on the right side of Karma as good things happen to good people. I am not a religious man at all but I firmly believe if you send some goodwill out to the World, do the right thing, you will reap the rewards.

Teams in the league like the vermin, the sheep, scumdee et al, all voted in a way to seemingly protect themselves whilst, more pertinently, seeking to destory a rival. I have no doubt they thought by voting a certain way, they would damage Hearts for a good few years and make themselves stronger in the process.

But my dear old friend Karma had other ideas. We have came back with a vengeance in some style, for the most part, and now WE are the ones reaping the rewards. I posted a couple of years ago that by voting as they did, all they have done was create a monster that they would have to deal with.

Well, the monster is only going to grow and get stronger; year on year, we should improve in every facet.

Interesting times ahead for us all!

2 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

I said almost the exact same thing to my youngest when I was explaining Karma; that word heard a lot in my house over the last wee while!

I said if you do the right thing and always try to do the right thing, you will be on the right side of Karma as good things happen to good people. I am not a religious man at all but I firmly believe if you send some goodwill out to the World, do the right thing, you will reap the rewards.

Teams in the league like the vermin, the sheep, scumdee et al, all voted in a way to seemingly protect themselves whilst, more pertinently, seeking to destory a rival. I have no doubt they thought by voting a certain way, they would damage Hearts for a good few years and make themselves stronger in the process.

But my dear old friend Karma had other ideas. We have came back with a vengeance in some style, for the most part, and now WE are the ones reaping the rewards. I posted a couple of years ago that by voting as they did, all they have done was create a monster that they would have to deal with.

Well, the monster is only going to grow and get stronger; year on year, we should improve in every facet.

Interesting times ahead for us all!

Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee all suffering bad this season. 

Just the scale of the suffering to be confirmed. 

15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Have a gander at Hibs net they’re lapping it up.

Seems, like folk who said they voted Trump because he's "a straight talker", that if you speak some words for long enough, the confused and gullible will attribute meaning and authority to them and believe they are in safe hands.

The actual jist of Ron's "conversation" was thus:

1) Ross sacking was an error
2) Maloney was hired too quickly
3) Yet paradoxically sacking him may have been wrong
4) Hibs are in the best hands, anyone want to buy the club from me?

He's very unsure of his decision-making which reveals  he is out of his depth and the surety and belief, which a  successful businessman is bound to carry with him, has not afforded him any real understanding of the challenges of running a club successfully in Scottish football. This is a far tougher league than people give it credit for. 

Didn't see a shred of contrition or any real suggestion that, having conceded that several strategic decisions taken may have been wrong, that he is going to change his approach to mitigate. 

As I said earlier, the US based club owners don't adapt well to the sporting climate here. It's not a franchise, fans are loyal to the extreme and the US bullish approach just doesn't work. 

Good stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee all suffering bad this season. 

Just the scale of the suffering to be confirmed. 

Too true, popcorn at the ready.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Saturday night, a random text from one Premiership boss detailed his impression of that afternoon's counterpart which didn't make for comfortable reading.

To paraphrase, a certain deluded arrogance, detached and not offering the respectful air and grace a rival manager would expect.

This gaffer just wasn't having him, his rant also included an out-of-his-depth reference and a something about having ideas above his station and appointing his own PA.

A surprising read in all honesty as Maloney has always appeared the mannerly type, extremely quiet and unassuming as a player and polite when accepting an invite to be interviewed as a coach.

Then a few rumours started to seep out from within the Easter Road inner sanctum. Off the record comments about players not buying into the methods of a regime which had replaced the universally popular Jack Ross.

Having a purist’s style of play is no crime but falling into the trap of trying to reinvent the wheel when organisation and getting a team to do the basics better was the priority at their time of need.

Said it before - The Aberdonian arrogance was rife with Maloney. You could really tell he attended Cults Academy. 

Where is that from?

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )