Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

There’ll be a queue half way up Eater Road for that job. You get paid well, play shite football for 3 months, then get a huge pay off…

Actually…

Dear Ron please see attached my CV.
I promise to make the Hibernian 51ers play super slick soccer ball….

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’ll be a former player to soothe the baying mob (both of them)

Gray or Murray would be my guess.

Wishing them well 

Not really

FTH!!!!

They had a set up that was working with Leanne Dempster and Jack Ross, in comes Ronnie, and hey presto, he's Hibsed it, perfect fit.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can I just say that this sacking proves how tin pot it looks to want or to sack a manager largely because of results in the derby.

Watching Sky Sports most of the chat is around the most recent defeats to us. Harper said that those two results against us might have made Ron the Don’s mind up.

Trying to step back from this and see the world from a non-Scottish perspective people must think that that sort of thinking is slightly mental.

They are defined by us but we should not be defined by them - as it has a very “small club” mentality behind it.

We should always remember this.

You’re right but the actual reasons he’s been sacked are performances, drop in crowds and poor signings in January. The two losses in a week has consigned them to the bottom 6 and no European football, effectively costing them millions. 
There are many reasons why he was sacked, a bit like saying this is the first time in ten years we will finish above them in this league for instance. 

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Took me a wee while...

Bhaun Maloney mubt se sacked by Hisb soard with finibhed articleb and forget project bigningb - Tam McManub

Textsook McManub

You just know the truth will out very soon about the shambles going on down there. An ex Celtic player with plenty pals in the Scottish media it’s got comedy gold written all over it. You can be sure every ex player, pundit and journo are praying for a St Mirren win on Saturday so they can get the boot in. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can I just say that this sacking proves how tin pot it looks to want or to sack a manager largely because of results in the derby.

Watching Sky Sports most of the chat is around the most recent defeats to us. Harper said that those two results against us might have made Ron the Don’s mind up.

Trying to step back from this and see the world from a non-Scottish perspective people must think that that sort of thinking is slightly mental.

They are defined by us but we should not be defined by them - as it has a very “small club” mentality behind it.

Ron the Con has tried to model Hibs on us. He visited Tynecastle to look at what we were doing business wise. He is also envious of FOH and has been trying like a bear to get HSL to pony up. He’s their Romanov, he won’t go bust though. More likely to sell up if he wants an exit. He’ll probably be looking for £20 M no way Hibs fans can find a way to become owners with that sort of money. Unless they start up again somewhere else. 

59 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

What's the story with The Pepsi big max ???  I missed that one....

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CMK6-pIG&rs=AOn4CLCc1t6F10la8fnc8HdCnkT5ByTjvQToo short to ride it. Or ride anything. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

David Gray still is a Jambo. Source - David Gray 😂 

Maybe Agent Gray will finish the job, guiding them smoothly to the Championship:whistling:

millerjames398
2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

He does not leave with his head held high! 

To be fair he could have one them a treble..and still not been able to do that😂

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

The question is did he walk or was he pushed? Got a feeling he’s seen the writing on the wall there and walked.

No danger he walked. He’s unemployable now in Scotland

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Just been on the news he turned up to training this morning and was told to pack his bags!

been here before
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

"Failed at Hibs" is hardly a barrier to future employment. :lol:

been here before
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just been on the news he turned up to training this morning and was told to pack his bags!

24894998_preview.webp.bb27743cc317c9cf05f752383c754c84.webp

On 19/04/2022 at 22:00, AlimOzturk said:

Hibs might not survive Ron Gordon. I am convinced he will bail out as soon as he realises the complete sespit of a club he has bought. 

Would the Hibs fans step up like the hearts fans did? Doubtful. 

Karma is a strange thing. 

If they don't then I reckon we should....

Factuer Moi
23 minutes ago, Spot the dog said:

Very unfair of Hibs, he won't be able to get another job until December...

Sants helpers are embarrassed though, heard M&D'S need a new Height meter for the Cups and Saucers Ride 

Edited by Factuer Moi

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

look at his teeny little hands.. his poor wife 

It’s fine he’s married to a Barbie doll

TyphoonJambo
25 minutes ago, Spot the dog said:

Very unfair of Hibs, he won't be able to get another job until December...

Panto season starts mid November.  He'll be fine.

Be highly amusing if Belgium win the World Cup and Maloney has walked away from that for the experience of 4 miserable months in Leith.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Be highly amusing if Belgium win the World Cup and Maloney has walked away from that for the experience of 4 miserable months in Leith.

Guess there's a good chance Martinez invites him back in, like Nuno did with Cathro when he left us.

What i wonder is, having tried to instill some of what he picked up at Belgium in to Hibs, is if Maloney does go back, whether he'll try to instill the Hibs values he learnt into the Belgian setup?

Did some counting. I'm 36 years old, and in my lifetime, Hearts average league position is 4.9. Hibs is 7.5. Hibs have finished above Hearts 10 times. Hearts above Hibs 24 times. We've won three Scottish cups to their one. 

That's long term, entrenched superiority. With our ownership model, they will never overtake us within Scottish football on a sustainable basis. 

And whoever walks in the door will know it.

Natural order is spot on. 

*Statos will note I've missed out the two most recently completed seasons. That's because I don't regard our demotion as valid. 

1 hour ago, SM Sheffield said:

The chat about Knutsen and some of them suggesting Sean Dyche as another realistic option is hilarious. They should have went for McInnes when he was available.

There's more chance of them signing shaun the sheep than Sean Dyche. 

18 minutes ago, been here before said:

"Failed at Hibs" is hardly a barrier to future employment. :lol:

Not always, but when you get rimmed two weeks running by your rivals and tell everyone you performed great the second time it’s only ending one way. If he hadn’t came out with that shite he’d still be in a job probably. He’s a remake of Cathro. That’s the biggest job he’ll ever get. He isn’t head coach material and the next guy is destined to fail too because that squad needs starting from scratch. They’ve got a rebuild job on their hands way bigger than we’ve had recently. Their decent players are past their best or grossly over rated. Their new signings are shite and on huge money. On top of all that, they have really Hibsed it getting rid of Ross and they’ll now need to pay Maloney for 3 years of a contract AND get a decent name in to clear up the mess.

Theyll need to find a way to force that ownership out or they are falling off a cliff 

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Guess there's a good chance Martinez invites him back in, like Nuno did with Cathro when he left us.

What i wonder is, having tried to instill some of what he picked up at Belgium in to Hibs, is if Maloney does go back, whether he'll try to instill the Hibs values he learnt into the Belgian setup?

When Dr Bruyne is raking his studs down someone's achilles, we'll know the Maloney effect

132goals1958
26 minutes ago, H2 said:

They had a set up that was working with Leanne Dempster and Jack Ross, in comes Ronnie, and hey presto, he's Hibsed it, perfect fit.

Correct. Sacking Jack Ross particularly before a cup final was madness. The problem with an overseas owner is a lack of knowledge of the Scottish game. He probably built up a perception of Shaun Maloney as a potential top coach due to his association with Martinez and Belgium and somehow saw a positive spin off at Hibs. I really hope St Johnston reap the benefit of sticking by Callum Davidson and stay up. Sticking by someone through a sticky spell is often the preferred option. Think the next choice might be clouded by who they think will sell the most season tickets.

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

As the large boards said at the game 

Hibs in numbers

Scottish cup final appearances 36

Scottish cup wins 3

They have won 1 in every 12 SC finals they have played in.

Utterly horrific 

It's even worse than that. They have only won it twice.

The first one they claim was won by Hibernian's, who ceased to exist when the newly formed Celtic nicked all their players in 1888.

Hibernian claim they were founded in 1875 but it was was actually Hibernians that were founded then.

Hibernian were founded in 1892.

avhudtheteeshirt

I just wonder how much sacking Maloney will cost them?

Boyle's transfer fee looks like it will come in useful!

They need to think about a Celtic style roll on contract!

Celtic is yearly, Hibs could go weekly or maybe stretch to monthly!!!!

3 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Gutted by this. I hoped they’d have him for at least another year. Hoping Ron brings in a yank now from the soccer leagues. 

He'll probably appoint one of his nephews, the one who's really good at FIFA

3 hours ago, graygo said:

I feel a relegation coming on.

I think they’ve got enough of a gap unfortunately. One win probably keeps them up and even if they lost the lot. St Johnstone would need to win 3

12 minutes ago, Masonic said:

how much compensation they paying for terminating his contract? must be sizeable

Not if it’s done by height.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Masonic said:

how much compensation they paying for terminating his contract? must be sizeable

3.5 year deal,4 months in.

Oh my sides!!

Factuer Moi

Maloney's fate was served here months ago, we all knew he was a duffer. Well done everyone for your part in another glorious sacking.

Ross then Maloney.

Morgan may get his wishes , Guess who might be back lol

1 hour ago, Australis said:

A warning to the next manager, when Rons laddie signs players and you don't play them.

If this is the reason he's gone then that is brilliant. 

Dropping Mueller and Melkersen and not playing Hauge. Going back to a traditional Scottish set up which was very similar to the Jack Ross team. 

Reflecting on it, though setting aside that Maloney is probably useless it's an unfair decision. 

As someone said let the trial by media commence. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I just wonder how much sacking Maloney will cost them?

Boyle's transfer fee looks like it will come in useful!

They need to think about a Celtic style roll on contract!

Celtic is yearly, Hibs could go weekly or maybe stretch to monthly!!!!

That's what I was wondering too, I reckon he'd be on £6k per week minimum, which amounts to almost a million in compo, I really hope it's double that though :D 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Could it be that Ron the Con thinks in USA style franchises and when we were down he thought we would all move over and support Hibs, Now he realises they will never get the better of us and he has bought a pig in a poke?

18 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Did some counting. I'm 36 years old, and in my lifetime, Hearts average league position is 4.9. Hibs is 7.5. Hibs have finished above Hearts 10 times. Hearts above Hibs 24 times. We've won three Scottish cups to their one. 

That's long term, entrenched superiority. With our ownership model, they will never overtake us within Scottish football on a sustainable basis. 

And whoever walks in the door will know it.

Natural order is spot on. 

*Statos will note I've missed out the two most recently completed seasons. That's because I don't regard our demotion as valid. 

Since both contested in the same league.  

Based on highest league position, so if either team was in the 2nd division the team in 1st division is classed as higher.

Hearts 73   59%
Hibs 50   41%

2022 Hearts
2021 Hibs
2020 Hibs
2019 Hibs
2018 Hibs
2017 Hearts
2016 Hearts
2015 Hearts
2014 Hibs
2013 Hibs
2012 Hearts
2011 Hearts
2010 Hibs
2009 Hearts
2008 Hibs
2007 Hearts
2006 Hearts
2005 Hibs
2004 Hearts
2003 Hearts
2002 Hearts
2001 Hibs
2000 Hearts
1999 Hearts
1998 Hearts
1997 Hearts
1996 Hearts
1995 Hibs
1994 Hibs
1993 Hearts
1992 Hearts
1991 Hearts
1990 Hearts
1989 Hibs
1988 Hearts
1987 Hearts
1986 Hearts
1985 Hearts
1984 Hearts
1983 Hibs
1982 Hibs
1981 Hearts
1980 Hibs
1979 Hibs
1978 Hibs
1977 Hibs
1976 Hibs
1975 Hibs
1974 Hibs
1973 Hibs
1972 Hibs
1971 Hearts
1970 Hibs
1969 Hearts
1968 Hibs
1967 Hibs
1966 Hibs
1965 Hearts
1964 Hearts
1963 Hearts
1962 Hearts
1961 Hearts
1960 Hearts
1959 Hearts
1958 Hearts
1957 Hearts
1956 Hearts
1955 Hearts
1954 Hearts
1953 Hibs
1952 Hibs
1951 Hibs
1950 Hibs
1949 Hibs
1948 Hibs
1947 Hibs
1938 Hearts
1937 Hearts
1936 Hearts
1935 Hearts
1934 Hearts
1933 Hearts
1932 Hearts
1931 Hearts
1930 Hearts
1929 Hearts
1928 Hearts
1927 Hibs
1926 Hearts
1925 Hibs
1924 Hibs
1923 Hibs
1922 Hibs
1921 Hearts
1920 Hearts
1919 Hearts
1918 Hearts
1917 Hearts
1916 Hearts
1915 Hearts
1914 Hearts
1913 Hearts
1912 Hearts
1911 Hibs
1910 Hibs
1909 Hibs
1908 Hibs
1907 Hearts
1906 Hearts
1905 Hibs
1904 Hearts
1903 Hibs
1902 Hearts
1901 Hibs
1900 Hibs
1899 Hearts
1898 Hibs
1897 Hearts
1896 Hibs
1895 Hearts
1894 Hearts
1893 Hearts
1892 Hearts

4 hours ago, MrBones said:

Wonder what wee Shaun thinks of Hibs values now?

Brilliant!  :bravo:

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Like kicking the opposition off the park!

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I love that Lennon is a "hero"!  Just ALL about values that club is.  Their hero last time he was there was absolute poison, had players by the throat, went whole days without speaking and others where he did nothing but berrate them.  Used offensive language and threats to their then CEO and caused near riots with his behaviour on the touchline, as well as shamefully calling racism in to the equation.

Heroic stuff.

Broon?  Ok, was a good player for them, won a LC, got battered in a few derbies, left at first chance, had a good career at Celtic where he generally behaved like a flat-track bully hiding behind his henchmen (his henchmen could be the better players who allowed him to be selected, the bigger players who stopped him being snapped or the refs who let him away with his shite for 10 years or more).  He then went and made a tit of himself in Aberdeen.  Hibs hero?  Not sure about that one.  I guess the bar is low.

Theres a lit more to the time at Aberdeen too. Happy for him to go to Hibs if he does likewise there 😍

Though not sure why Maloney was sacked , according to the BBC defeats to us consigned them to bottom 6 and the cup… 😳

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think they’ve got enough of a gap unfortunately. One win probably keeps them up and even if they lost the lot. St Johnstone would need to win 3

It's Hibs we're talking about, they "had enough points" when Butcher took them down.

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )