Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

The Ronny roar? After beating Hearts? 😂😂 They may not even be in the same division next season, let alone trying to beat the famous 😉🇱🇻

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Tommy Wright the new favourite for manager I believe 😂

please tell me your not at wind up

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Said it before - The Aberdonian arrogance was rife with Maloney. You could really tell he attended Cults Academy. 

Did you spell his school wrong?

11 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Oh my giddy aunt.  Marvellous.

Flairy!

indianajones
13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Did you spell his school wrong?

:rofl:

That would sum the place up perfectly to be honest.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

I said almost the exact same thing to my youngest when I was explaining Karma; that word heard a lot in my house over the last wee while!

I said if you do the right thing and always try to do the right thing, you will be on the right side of Karma as good things happen to good people. I am not a religious man at all but I firmly believe if you send some goodwill out to the World, do the right thing, you will reap the rewards.

Teams in the league like the vermin, the sheep, scumdee et al, all voted in a way to seemingly protect themselves whilst, more pertinently, seeking to destory a rival. I have no doubt they thought by voting a certain way, they would damage Hearts for a good few years and make themselves stronger in the process.

But my dear old friend Karma had other ideas. We have came back with a vengeance in some style, for the most part, and now WE are the ones reaping the rewards. I posted a couple of years ago that by voting as they did, all they have done was create a monster that they would have to deal with.

Well, the monster is only going to grow and get stronger; year on year, we should improve in every facet.

Interesting times ahead for us all!

Good read. I'd add that the deliberate harm that was heaped upon our club has galvanised us all, including the board, and, I suspect, James Anderson, into ensuring we get pay-back on the field of play, where football's fate is meant to be decided - and not by the anti-sport manipulation of ballotting greedy and self-interested clubs.

Karma, indeed, is being played out before our very eyes.

Appointing Tommy Wright so quickly after sacking Maloney would go completely against all the chat that has been coming out from Ron about taking the time to get the right man in this time. So it could very well be true. Let us hope so!

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Seems, like folk who said they voted Trump because he's "a straight talker", that if you speak some words for long enough, the confused and gullible will attribute meaning and authority to them and believe they are in safe hands.

The actual jist of Ron's "conversation" was thus:

1) Ross sacking was an error
2) Maloney was hired too quickly
3) Yet paradoxically sacking him may have been wrong
4) Hibs are in the best hands, anyone want to buy the club from me?

He's very unsure of his decision-making which reveals  he is out of his depth and the surety and belief, which a  successful businessman is bound to carry with him, has not afforded him any real understanding of the challenges of running a club successfully in Scottish football. This is a far tougher league than people give it credit for. 

Didn't see a shred of contrition or any real suggestion that, having conceded that several strategic decisions taken may have been wrong, that he is going to change his approach to mitigate. 

As I said earlier, the US based club owners don't adapt well to the sporting climate here. It's not a franchise, fans are loyal to the extreme and the US bullish approach just doesn't work. 

Good stuff. 

The last part of your post reminded me that when the "vote" was taking place I'm sure Ron the Con was quoted as saying that if Hearts were in a lower division he fully expected fans to switch and follow the local club in the higher division, 

That shows a total lack of knowledge as to how Scottish football or football in general works, thinking it is the same as American sports franchises

36 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

please let this be true!!!

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Appointing Tommy Wright so quickly after sacking Maloney would go completely against all the chat that has been coming out from Ron about taking the time to get the right man in this time. So it could very well be true. Let us hope so!

Let's think, how did Tommy do in his last job?  Oh, he took his club down via the play-offs 🤞

1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Awwww gonnae let it be true. Their fans would go into meltdown.

E2PJ-ReX0AYsAse.jpg

2 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

E2PJ-ReX0AYsAse.jpg

What a nasty looking bunch. The one on the left has the eyes of a man who has a colleciton of headless barbies under his bed

Interesting that Ron the Con says that Maloney may have been sacked even if Hibs had won the semi-final. Surely not - no club would sack a manager who took them to a cup final before the final was played...would they?

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Tommy Wright being rumoured on Twitter now. ****ing hopefully 😂😂😂😂

That would be fantastic. Hoofball and hacking hibernian. 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Saturday night, a random text from one Premiership boss detailed his impression of that afternoon's counterpart which didn't make for comfortable reading.

To paraphrase, a certain deluded arrogance, detached and not offering the respectful air and grace a rival manager would expect.

This gaffer just wasn't having him, his rant also included an out-of-his-depth reference and a something about having ideas above his station and appointing his own PA.

A surprising read in all honesty as Maloney has always appeared the mannerly type, extremely quiet and unassuming as a player and polite when accepting an invite to be interviewed as a coach.

Then a few rumours started to seep out from within the Easter Road inner sanctum. Off the record comments about players not buying into the methods of a regime which had replaced the universally popular Jack Ross.

Having a purist’s style of play is no crime but falling into the trap of trying to reinvent the wheel when organisation and getting a team to do the basics better was the priority at their time of need.

Said it before - The Aberdonian arrogance was rife with Maloney. You could really tell he attended Cults Academy. 

At first I thought Goodwin (still at St Mirren at that time), but that doesn’t fit with the “a few weeks in” part of the article in terms of fixtures. So my next guess is Courts at Dundee United.

Edited by leginten

indianajones
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

At first I thought Goodwin (still at St Mirren at that time), but that doesn’t fit with the “a few weeks in” part of the article in terms of fixtures. So my next guess is Courts at Dundee United.

Whoever it was is bang on the money. 

A total Lord Farquaad.

31 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

E2PJ-ReX0AYsAse.jpg

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What a nasty looking bunch. The one on the left has the eyes of a man who has a colleciton of headless barbies under his bed

Knowing H1b5, they'll likely be thinking that Tommy Wright is a direct descendant of the famous Wright Brothers. That way, they can claim a connection to yet another 1st.

Only 1 year after their previous Scottish

Cup win:-

Screenshot_20220421-153226_Google.jpg

Hibs fans need to watch replays of Tommy Wright's St Johnstone. 

At least the Hibs have the right pitch for Wright's football. 

"Innovative, modern, attacking...on the leading edge" is what Ron said he wants. 

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

tell you this Hibs dominated era has been torture 😂😆

imagine how bad it will be when there's a level playing field though

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oh my giddy aunt.  Marvellous.

Flairy!

There's a song in there; let me ponder ...

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs fans need to watch replays of Tommy Wright's St Johnstone. 

At least the Hibs have the right pitch for Wright's football. 

"Innovative, modern, attacking...on the leading edge" is what Ron said he wants. 

That's it!!! What Ron wants, and what the deluded Hobos want: a 'Safe pair of hands." Hahaha ... 😄

Anything you want (you got it):-

A relegation Party?

Anything you need (you got it):-

A 5-1 drubbing in the biggest Hampden Derby showdown ... EVER?

Anything at all:-

Cuffed twice in a row to consign them to bottom 6 and ruin their season?

Please don't die, H1b5. We love you. 🤭

Roy Orbison Anything  You Want

adambraejambo

I'm hoping they have their own Levein moment and say the right man for the job was here all Along and announce Stevie Kean. If they appoint Wright though that be just as funny.  

18 hours ago, superjack said:

What I find hilarious is, the similarities to romanov. Bring in cheap players thinking he can punt them on at a hefty profit. However, at least Romanov did put his own (or his banks) cash to try and make the team successful. And to think they were laughing at us at the time. I can only see this going 1 way. Tick tock you sibling shaggers. 

1 thing I would say for vlad he never brought in cheap players. We did get a load of kaunas players but some of them were decent in the fleeting glimpses we got of them but the likes of tall,goncalves,pinilla,jankuskas etc the guy spent big on us.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Saturday night, a random text from one Premiership boss detailed his impression of that afternoon's counterpart which didn't make for comfortable reading.

To paraphrase, a certain deluded arrogance, detached and not offering the respectful air and grace a rival manager would expect.

This gaffer just wasn't having him, his rant also included an out-of-his-depth reference and a something about having ideas above his station and appointing his own PA.

A surprising read in all honesty as Maloney has always appeared the mannerly type, extremely quiet and unassuming as a player and polite when accepting an invite to be interviewed as a coach.

Then a few rumours started to seep out from within the Easter Road inner sanctum. Off the record comments about players not buying into the methods of a regime which had replaced the universally popular Jack Ross.

Having a purist’s style of play is no crime but falling into the trap of trying to reinvent the wheel when organisation and getting a team to do the basics better was the priority at their time of need.

This is where he really was the Hibs' Cathro. It's one thing to take over a team that's in freefall where the manager had lost the team and lost faith in each other, and rally them around a style. It's quite another when you'd had a successful manager who'd maybe had a bit of a slow run but was otherwise really well liked.

If you take over a functional, cohesive team, the first words out of your mouth when you address them for the first time should be something like, "I don't want to change what's working." If things start to break down a bit, then you say, "okay, now it's time to change up the style." If you push your style from the off, you better win a whole bunch right away or else all the players are going to think, "he tried to fix something that wasn't broken and now we're losing, **** this guy."

7 hours ago, indianajones said:

A while back on Clyde1 super scoreboard, Marvin Bartley a big Hibs man complained after the livvy game at Easter road that there had been disrespectful comments during the game from the opposition dugout. He didn’t name and shame but said David gray apologised on their behalf. Said he expected better and not like him to badmouth his former club. I presumed it was Caldwell but does seem like could have been maloney

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

There's a song in there; let me ponder ...

That's it!!! What Ron wants, and what the deluded Hobos want: a 'Safe pair of hands." Hahaha ... 😄

Anything you want (you got it):-

A relegation Party?

Anything you need (you got it):-

A 5-1 drubbing in the biggest Hampden Derby showdown ... EVER?

Anything at all:-

Cuffed twice in a row to consign them to bottom 6 and ruin their season?

Please don't die, H1b5. We love you. 🤭

Roy Orbison Anything  You Want

The Travelling Dangleberries

6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Seems, like folk who said they voted Trump because he's "a straight talker", that if you speak some words for long enough, the confused and gullible will attribute meaning and authority to them and believe they are in safe hands.

The actual jist of Ron's "conversation" was thus:

1) Ross sacking was an error
2) Maloney was hired too quickly
3) Yet paradoxically sacking him may have been wrong
4) Hibs are in the best hands, anyone want to buy the club from me?

He's very unsure of his decision-making which reveals  he is out of his depth and the surety and belief, which a  successful businessman is bound to carry with him, has not afforded him any real understanding of the challenges of running a club successfully in Scottish football. This is a far tougher league than people give it credit for. 

Didn't see a shred of contrition or any real suggestion that, having conceded that several strategic decisions taken may have been wrong, that he is going to change his approach to mitigate. 

As I said earlier, the US based club owners don't adapt well to the sporting climate here. It's not a franchise, fans are loyal to the extreme and the US bullish approach just doesn't work. 

Good stuff. 

5) Rocky is a good signing.

2 minutes ago, briever said:

5) Rocky is a good signing.

He was rag dolled by Simms!

Porteous was tag dolled by Simms!

Next?

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He was rag dolled by Simms!

Porteous was tag dolled by Simms!

Next?

Gordon said that yesterday - I was adding to the list Gizmo made.

I think this may be the most attractive Football (or any other sport) Manager’s job going. 

3 month’s work for 3 1/2 year’s pay.  No need to work your notice. 

Dusting down my CV as we speak.

hereford_hearts

Somewhere in Belgium - 

RM - Shaun, where have you been for the last 4 months? 

SM - Err, in the cupboard sorting out the bibs. 

RM - Good lad. Do the cones now, but be a bit quicker this time! 

30 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Somewhere in Belgium - 

RM - Shaun, where have you been for the last 4 months? 

SM - Err, in the cupboard sorting out the bibs. 

RM - Good lad. Do the cones now, but be a bit quicker this time! 

More likely SM response

I've been right next to you, since you tower over me you probably could not see me

20 hours ago, Sid said:

I think this may be the most attractive Football (or any other sport) Manager’s job going. 

Don't, you'll end up doing a better job. 

Can't be difficult :lol:

22 hours ago, Sid said:

Surely there is a 3 months probationary period?

maroonlegions
21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Surely there is a 3 months probationary period?

Aye, tenner bag smack heids are usually given it, very apt i think.  

:greggy:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like the Hibernian line dancing flash mob are about to cost Gray his knighthood. And he knows it. 

Edited by Mister T

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )