Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

I wonder if Maloney had been told he had one game to keep his job.  He had that look about him on the lead up to Saturday.  Wee shame. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I don’t know if I’d ever stop laughing if flats and a Safe-Way went up down Easter Road.

Could happen, especially if this carries on. They're already surveying fans to get their view of a new stadium elsewhere. 

joondalupjambo

Going against the grain here because nobody knows what was in SM's contract.  What if there was a break clause in favour of Hibs whereby if he failed to keep them in top six this season then they could shake hands and part with an agreed low sum payout.  It just seems to me that as a business man Ron the Con would not sack him knowing he has to pay off all his remaining years.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Could happen, especially if this carries on. They're already surveying fans to get their view of a new stadium elsewhere. 

The intention behind that question should be ringing alarm bells. If I was a Hibs fan I’d be seriously worried about where my club will be jn 18 months - 2 years

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Has to be Broony, he knows the " Hibs Way" .....

Great shout. Him or some American coach but Brown has to be a shoe-in. Another rookie coach would be some risk obviously. Brown's coaching career ay Aberdeen seemed to last about 2 days. He probably won't be able to resist coming out of playing retirement as well. I hope they go for experience and McInnes would be an obvious target, even though they'd need to pay for him. That will really piss off the massive section of their support who buy into the flair myth. Or maybe they could reappoint Jack Ross

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Going against the grain here because nobody knows what was in SM's contract.  What if there was a break clause in favour of Hibs whereby if he failed to keep them in top six this season then they could shake hands and part with an agreed low sum payout.  It just seems to me that as a business man Ron the Con would not sack him knowing he has to pay off all his remaining years.

That's some clause to offer to a rookie coach. Why would Maloney accept? And remember they sacked Ross months after extending his contract at huge expense. No, they'l be paying Maloney off.

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

They'll go for Malky MacKay this time.

I’ve heard he’s the likely candidate.

If Robbie has any designs on any of the County players, he might be advised to make his move sooner rather than later.

kirkierobroy

There's a fall - from plotting a World Cup win for Belgium with Martinez to being SACKED BY HIBS - which is pretty much Scots for 'unemployable'.

17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Heighten Shaun's Legs?

Too late for that now. They did try to Hack Simms' Legs, but he was too quick & strong. Mind you, they managed to hack McKay, Halkett, and Haring into next week.

HeartsandonlyHearts
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The intention behind that question should be ringing alarm bells. If I was a Hibs fan I’d be seriously worried about where my club will be jn 18 months - 2 years

Well Championship to start but know idea where they’d be playing.

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Well Championship to start but know idea where they’d be playing.

They dont own Fester Rd anymore do they?

No Idle Talk

Funny to think that just ten days ago they were all standing in the Roseburn singing 'We've got (doo doo) Shaun Maloney' 😄

Factuer Moi
18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

When you go will you send back , a letter from America.

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's some clause to offer to a rookie coach. Why would Maloney accept? And remember they sacked Ross months after extending his contract at huge expense. No, they'l be paying Maloney off.

But they won't be paying the full contact.  There will have been clear severance terms in the contract. Not necessarily low but a rookie manager would be much easier to deal with than one that others wanted. No getting away from it though, this year has cost them big.

14 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

IMG_20220419_154057.jpg

Classic pluck names out a hat when it's a Scottish club of that level. A single £1000 bet could change that whole market as it's so small.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Classic pluck names out a hat when it's a Scottish club of that level. A single £1000 bet could change that whole market as it's so small.

Malky Mackay please. That would be fun. Values.

33 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I don’t know if I’d ever stop laughing if flats and a Safe-Way went up down Easter Road.

Safeway is no more. I suggest that a branch of Netto would be more appropriate for the area.

Dearie me what a shower o she-ite who do they think they are, glory days were in black & white they make up the numbers   every season ats it! and they’re disregarding managers left, right & centre as though they’re Real Madrid deserve o they get.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Given the ‘stature’ of their sacked manager, it’ll be Lidl.

55 minutes ago, Cheile said:

Safeway is no more. I suggest that a branch of Netto would be more appropriate for the area.

Surely Subway is more apt with all the coaches coming and going?

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Malky Mackay please. That would be fun. Values.

Mackay has plenty experience. That's the last thing we would want for them. Brown on the other hand😂

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Mind we used to get absolute pelters under VR for the amount of coaches we'd had.  Hibs had just as many and now will have overtaken us the last, say 15 years I'd think?

Mental considering we were the batshit club apparently just how many managerial changes they've had.

Always said it all about Scottish football that while Hibs were getting through managers like a Leith trollop's douchebags, at the same time, Petrie was on the 3 man committee that appointed Scotland managers!!!!  Mental!!

Mind Blowing stats.

They are so wrapped up in their flair , that they just cant see the wood from the trees..

Long may it  continue ..  

Will be forever grateful to my late auld man and grandad for introducing me to Edinburgh's finest when "i was a young".. 

Since i was young...... 

FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

Whoever gets the poisoned chalice as new manager of the Hobos, better be prepared for derby misery and living in our shadow. Who would want it? Only the desperate!

maroonlegions
55 minutes ago, briever said:

I do, I dont want them going out of business - its too much fun pumping them every year.

I want them dead, why, because they voted that way with us.. They wanted us dead and i will never forget that, horrible ned club, full of tenner bag smack heads. Rrearend, O Conner??    Just an example of their mentality.. 

Take the National Express when your clubs in a mess

and Maloneys gone.

From the thug called Porto

No Intertoto and the fans won’t pay

To the jambos who know that their clubs on a role not an I Pad stole

Everybody sing

Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da

They’re going down their club is pish.

Devine comedy “National Express”

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I want them dead, why, because they voted that way with us.. They wanted us dead and i will never forget that, horrible ned club, full of tenner bag smack heads. Rrearend, O Conner??    Just an example of their mentality.. 

Like this, you mean?

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

HSL to the rescue!!!

Ha ha.

Imagine then donating their tenners instead of spending it on tenner smack bags..LOL.

Bazzas right boot

We've broken them again. 😂😂😂

If St Mirren beat them they could easily lose all 5 games and it would all depend on what St Mirren / St Johnstone can muster up. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Ron doesn’t give a shiny one about Hibs as a football team and he certainly doesn’t care about ‘getting the better of Hearts’ 

Its merely an investment. He’s trousered a large portion of the Boyle money. He’ll flog Porteous in the summer and trouser that too. The only other asset they have is Cadden so he’ll be turned around and sold and he owns some prime location Edinburgh real estate he has already heavily hinted he wants to sell and move them out of town

We should bid for Cadden, as a squad player

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

There are many examples of Clubs moving to a different city, especially in baseball and football (not soccer!).  It often happens when a Club unsuccessfully tries to blackmail their host city into building them a new stadium.  When they don't get the shiny new stadium, they leave town.

I think Portree Hibs has a nice ring to it.

Tbf with their women already playing at Livi they could just become Livi Hibs , share the stadium , though they’ll still report gates of 16000 i’d imagine

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We've broken them again. 😂😂😂

If St Mirren beat them they could easily lose all 5 games and it would all depend on what St Mirren / St Johnstone can muster up. 

you do realise if st mirren beat hibs they go above them

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Ach leave him and Jimmy to their miserablenesseses we will all just dream they **** up lose all 5 and go down until they can’t while they throw the toys out the pram about the thought of it

Bazzas right boot

The timings of the sackings are what would alarm me more if I was hibs. 

No plan, just knee jerk reactions. 

Ross got sacked before the lc final despite having credit in the bank from the previous season. 

Maloney survived last week when they dropped to the bottom 6 but then sack him after a narrow 2-1 defeat in the sc sf. 

Not giving him a summer is also  strange. 

All his signings will be like Wtf? And get me out of here, best player sold, best defender looking to move ASAP and a few injured. 

Sacking him now will make things worse for them. 

If St Mirren beat them this weekend for me they will finish 2nd bottom, they will crash. 

:jambobanana:

Big Gogs has gone full Vlad. 

They just skipped the good bit. 

Like heading straight to divorce and missing out all the new dating sex if in a relationship. 

I wouldn't put it past him employing an American as manager. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbf with their women already playing at Livi they could just become Livi Hibs , share the stadium , though they’ll still report gates of 16000 i’d imagine

I always thought Livi was our territory , sort of.  Keep them well away otherwise it'll bring the property values down.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We should bid for Cadden, as a squad player

And Porteous. 

Bob could make him a player. 

Just now, sadj said:

Ach leave him and Jimmy to their miserablenesseses we will all just dream they **** up lose all 5 and go down until they can’t while they throw the toys out the pram about the thought of it

If St Mirren win on Saturday I’ll definitely be down the cash and carry for a massive bag of pop corn.

A St J win, Livi/Abn draw and a St M win this weekend and it’s all to play for.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Yeah. 

But 2nd bottom is the play off spot, they won't go 2nd bottom. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And Porteous. 

He's already a thug, becoming a player would be quite something for him.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And Porteous. 

He is very much in the Griffiths mould, he wouldn’t play for Hearts and no one (except you maybe) would want him playing for Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If St Mirren win on Saturday I’ll definitely be down the cash and carry for a massive bag of pop corn.

A St J win, Livi/Abn draw and a St M win this weekend and it’s all to play for.

Outside of Cadden I just don’t see anything in them thats remotely positive. Hes the only one in their squad id even look at if available too

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

They were only 4 points clear of 11th at game 33. The gap is 8 this time. Unfortunately that’s probably enough this time

Unfortunately Likley true, however if they get beat of st mirren this weekend and St Johnstone win I think it will be more about what St Johnstone can do as opposed to hibs getting out of it themselves. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )