Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

Attendances have really gone downhill recently. 

Sorry I don’t get the correlation between a few guys I know not going and it affecting attendances. At no time did I make the comparison or claim that our attendances were falling. 

I know a few guys that like me no longer go every week. Not a big deal. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Portable Badger

I’ve often wondered if the numerous guys, back in the 80s, that would hurl abuse at the players, before throwing their scarves over the fence and onto the pitch, professing to never return to watch the team, ever did

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I’ve often wondered if the numerous guys, back in the 80s, that would hurl abuse at the players, before throwing their scarves over the fence and onto the pitch, professing to never return to watch the team, ever did

My mate threw his scarf on the pitch when we got relegated back in the 70s

A policeman threw it back and he wore it (as a rag) to the 98 Final

Now framed on his wall

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Now framed on his wall

Pleased to hear he saw the error of his ways !!!   Decent copper as well !

Cant imagine how I’d have got on watching the team back in the 70s though.  Tales were grim for sure!

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

Not many Hearts men haven’t felt like that PB….but no PHM would ever follow through on that threat

3 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I preferred a riot 

4 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

back in the day it wasn’t that rare. It was peanuts to get in, and there were a lot of radges in these days. Think back to the songs that were sung etc. 
different eras 

Portable Badger
7 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

I preferred a riot 

😂

certainly watching games back then had a certain ‘edge’ to it compared to today (Though not as much as the non-segregated games back in the earlier days).   Fond memories though were made that’s for sure

14 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Sorry I don’t get the correlation between a few guys I know not going and it affecting attendances. At no time did I make the comparison or claim that our attendances were falling. 

I know a few guys that like me no longer go every week. Not a big deal. 

Yeah

Some people die as well.

Great you can celebrate not going to games. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I was about to renew today and have just read through this thread. 

Now too feart to do so. I haven't even written a will yet, FFS!

Just buy a memorial garden plaque before the season starts and leave the second date blank ................................... get a loved one to drop me a PM if the worst happens and I will pop down with a Sharpie before a game

I suppose as we get older it gets a bit easier to decide to give the football a miss due to disability or just not wanting to risk your health going out in dreadful weather. 

It's still worth making the effort though and at 71  I intend using my ST as long as I'm able. 

I'll keep my ST on and donate it on the occasions my health keeps me at home which I hope will be few and far between. 

51 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I was about to renew today and have just read through this thread. 

Now too feart to do so. I haven't even written a will yet, FFS!

See the problem is there’s no natural progression these days. Us old codgers have no choice but to sit with the snotty nosed youngsters where our moaning and groaning and constant references to the good bad old days is no appreciated. Once upon a time you were right down at the front on the terracing as a kid playing chase then one day you found yourself in the singing and fighting bit till you were too unfit and drunk to run away fast enough so you progressed to behind the goals. Your eyesight started to go in middle age so with a few extra bob in your pocket you moved to the enclosure where you started to learn to have a go proper at the dug oot until all of a sudden you found yourself smoking a pipe, wearing a flat cap for the rain and your bad leg leg forced you to move into death row in the old stand. One day the folk around you would say “ No seen old Jock for a while” If old Jock was lucky his final move would be to a wee blue Invacar back down at the front of the terracing where it all started. If not its was a case of  “ You missed his funeral last Tuesday, nice sandwiches” 

Nookie Bear
14 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Now framed on his wall

Just wish Neil Lennon had been so generous with the coin i gave him.

john thomas
7 minutes ago, Texaco said:

See the problem is there’s no natural progression these days. Us old codgers have no choice but to sit with the snotty nosed youngsters where our moaning and groaning and constant references to the good bad old days is no appreciated. Once upon a time you were right down at the front on the terracing as a kid playing chase then one day you found yourself in the singing and fighting bit till you were too unfit and drunk to run away fast enough so you progressed to behind the goals. Your eyesight started to go in middle age so with a few extra bob in your pocket you moved to the enclosure where you started to learn to have a go proper at the dug oot until all of a sudden you found yourself smoking a pipe, wearing a flat cap for the rain and your bad leg leg forced you to move into death row in the old stand. One day the folk around you would say “ No seen old Jock for a while” If old Jock was lucky his final move would be to a wee blue Invacar back down at the front of the terracing where it all started. If not its was a case of  “ You missed his funeral last Tuesday, nice sandwiches” 

Thanks

Cheered me up no end 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Brilliant - made me laugh at a lot

The kids of today......

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Texaco said:

So true. There should be a designated auld codgers section. 😄

The Treasurer
25 minutes ago, Texaco said:

That is scarily accurate. 

Made me laugh and depressed the hell out of me at the same time 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So true. There should be a designated auld codgers section. 😄

So would the club let us block book rows 10-12 in all sections in the wheatfield? coz I reckon there are more than 450 of us ol' gits.

Edited by brownkg
grammer

scott herbertson
Just now, brownkg said:

So would the club let us block book rows 10-12 in all sections in the wheatfield? coz I reckon there is more than 450 of us ol' gits.

It's a terrifying thought

I used to look across to the enclosure where my grandfather stood with hundreds of other 'bunnets' never thinking I would be that age sometime 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, brownkg said:

So would the club let us block book rows 10-12 in all sections in the wheatfield? coz I reckon there are more than 450 of us ol' gits.

Have to be near the toilets right enough and not too many steps up. We can only ask…

Worthing Jambo
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have to be near the toilets right enough and not too many steps up. We can only ask…

Just install commode seating👍

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It's a terrifying thought

I used to look across to the enclosure where my grandfather stood with hundreds of other 'bunnets' never thinking I would be that age sometime 

I can remember on my 10th birthday(1973), working out I would be 37 in the year 2,000, thinking not worried about that, it's ages away!

Jambo in Bathgate
On 21/04/2022 at 16:42, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s a shame for those that live far away and can’t make it to many games!

It is a shame considering Sky only shows in the main Celtic and Rangers away games. It must have brought in extra revenue for teams. 

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I can remember on my 10th birthday(1973), working out I would be 37 in the year 2,000, thinking not worried about that, it's ages away!

I can remember writing in my exercise book at Duddingston primary when i was 10  the date 6/6/66 and thinking "7/7/77 8/8/88 9/9/99" then getting confused about 0/0/00 then thinking "1/1/11" and laughing about how far away that was - I couldn't even work out how ancient  I would be....

Dougie Masterton
1 hour ago, Texaco said:

brilliant just made my morning.

Dougie Masterton
52 minutes ago, brownkg said:

you speak for yourself son. 

sprinbox98

I’m trying to call the ticket office but both numbers are just cutting out. Anyone else having any issues with contacting them?

gowestjambo
7 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

you speak for yourself son. 

Not everyone has an end of the row seat Dougie, for a quick nip downstairs......

Dougie Masterton
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Not everyone has an end of the row seat Dougie, for a quick nip downstairs......

well planned.

Percival King
16 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

And I wondered how many of the angry Rangers fans who burnt their season tickets when they signed Mo Johnston eventually returned. And whether those that didn't ever reflect on their stupidity.

Jambos dad
1 hour ago, brownkg said:

But are we the 150 per year that someone worked out passes away each season?

By my calculation there will be none of the 450 around in 3 years. 

I hope there are plenty more ready to fill our shoes. 

1 hour ago, Texaco said:

Brilliant! And perfectly in one post summarises the life of the typical Hearts supporter!

Ford Prentice

Don't have a problem with people who have lost interest in Hearts* but don't see why they feel the need to still post on here. Go find a golf, gardening or shopping forum to moan on and leave this one for those of us who care.

* If you're tired of Tynecastle you're tired of life.

Jambos dad
9 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Don't have a problem with people who have lost interest in Hearts* but don't see why they feel the need to still post on here. Go find a golf, gardening or shopping forum to moan on and leave this one for those of us who care.

* If you're tired of Tynecastle you're tired of life.

Yes, it seems a bit unusual that someone who has lost interest in watching Hearts is still interested in going on a fans forum. 

Percival King
2 hours ago, Texaco said:

Superb observation. It was like a rite of passage we all went through, standing in the corner of the shed as teenagers, going radge when a throw-in went against us, singing crude songs about policemen and policewomen (of course I never took part in any of that), everyone spitting every 5 seconds, piss running down the terracing, then piling down the terracing when we scored (even if that was against Clyde or East Stirling). Happy days, glad I had that time, glad I grew out of it and glad I now have a nice padded seat to rest my knees.

lost in space
3 hours ago, Texaco said:

Superb post.

gerryjambo41
2 hours ago, Percival King said:

And I wondered how many of the angry Rangers fans who burnt their season tickets when they signed Mo Johnston eventually returned. And whether those that didn't ever reflect on their stupidity.

I used to work as a crowd control engineer in Partick in Glasgow , one of our regulars was filmed setting fire to his season ticket outside Ibrox , my boss who was a sellik fan barred him for it 😂

TorinoJambo
19 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Pleased to hear he saw the error of his ways !!!   Decent copper as well !

Cant imagine how I’d have got on watching the team back in the 70s though.  Tales were grim for sure!

I went regularly from 1968 onwards. In fact I've never stopped. The 70s were rotten for the most part, with the odd few exceptions, but character forming. I still see loads of fellow sufferers at games so it must have been contagious. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 hours ago, Texaco said:

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Percival King
4 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I went regularly from 1968 onwards. In fact I've never stopped. The 70s were rotten for the most part, with the odd few exceptions, but character forming. I still see loads of fellow sufferers at games so it must have been contagious. 

Yep, it was grim until the 82/83 season, but if nothing else, it hopefully helps us retain a bit of perspective when we now get beaten or go on a bad run.

iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, Texaco said:

I laughed at this, then suddenly realised it was me in a nutshell. My god time moves very quickly 

maroonlegions

Renewed my ST yesterday Section Q  and paid the £450.  Happy to give the club my harderarned and my support again and will be going to away games to.

FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

Bazzas right boot

Renewed!

C'mon Hearts!

Big Bobs Barmy Jambo army has another recruit!

By the looks of it there are 4 singles available atm.

Just bought my first season ticket and more importantly, my 9 year old daughter’s first season ticket. I can’t wait to tell her that she can go to every game, she’ll be buzzing almost as much as me!

Back to 2005
10 hours ago, Texaco said:

The life cycle of a Hearts fan. Brilliant post. 

On 04/06/2022 at 07:50, soonbe110 said:

Candy strip for me. Must have been early 60’s. 

wrong thread mate ha ha 

Brian Badonde
1 hour ago, Anoeta said:

Just bought my first season ticket and more importantly, my 9 year old daughter’s first season ticket. I can’t wait to tell her that she can go to every game, she’ll be buzzing almost as much as me!

How did you buy them. When I look online there are only 3 seats avaliable and they are not next to eachother?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)