Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

Jambos dad
28 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Open up the Roseburn, **** the Hibs

Never mind Hibs. It would be far better for Hearts to have guaranteed income for all 19 home matches than just thinking about one or two matches. We don't pander to the Old Firm anymore. Hibs have tried to cut back visiting fans before and it didn't work out for them. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Never mind Hibs. It would be far better for Hearts to have guaranteed income for all 19 home matches than just thinking about one or two matches. We don't pander to the Old Firm anymore. Hibs have tried to cut back visiting fans before and it didn't work out for them. 

Its been been mentioned a few times about ST holders buying  an OF seat as part of the sale , it would reduce that filths allocation but still bring in revenue. Be great if we done that , worth looking at i say

Edited by SCFHearts

Jambos4life
7 hours ago, Jambos dad said:

There has already been a fair number of new purchases, who have all but snapped up every available seat in the 3 stands, even though lots of people intending to buy season tickets are unaware they could, which is down to the wording on the website. 

The new purchases will probably cover the 5% who won't renew. 

I got caught out with the wording which was frustrating as once I realised I was left with literally the last two sitting together. Any idea of when we would expect to receive the season tickets in the post?

Fort Vallance
10 hours ago, McCrae said:

Always have some urn over; deaths, people moving away, work related. I reckon about 5% a year won’t renew. Would expect around 700 tickets to be made available.

I'm guessing the urn / death connection was a typo !

In terms of finance which thankfully for us now isn't the be all and end all, my rough calculations around the Roseburn are ;

If we were to give Rangers, Celtic and Hibs the full stand the income generated would be 3,300 (capacity of full Roseburn minus some segregation) * 6 (2 home games against each of the 3 of them) * £30 = £594,000. We could therefore assume that these 6 games would generate £550,000 at least from ticket sales. You would then have policing costs etc to come off. 

The Roseburn stand would be the same pricing for a season ticket as the Gorgie Stand with Bronze being in the lower section and Gold in the upper. Season Ticket prices range from £55 to £360. Trying to find an average price isn't straight forward without the proper information. I'd guess around £270 based on there would be more adult tickets than kids, students or over 65s.

In order to match that income (£550,000) from season ticket sales alone and also baring in mind we don't currently give Celtic and Rangers the full stand, the club would need to sell around 2,000 season tickets in the Roseburn Stand. We normally give 1,400 to Celtic and Rangers so selling 2,000 season tickets isn't achievable. I also don't believe there is a demand for 2,000 season tickets in the Roseburn Stand.

Based on that I'm unsure if we will open it up for season tickets and will perhaps keep it as it is for walk ups only. 

12 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

In terms of finance which thankfully for us now isn't the be all and end all, my rough calculations around the Roseburn are ;

If we were to give Rangers, Celtic and Hibs the full stand the income generated would be 3,300 (capacity of full Roseburn minus some segregation) * 6 (2 home games against each of the 3 of them) * £30 = £594,000. We could therefore assume that these 6 games would generate £550,000 at least from ticket sales. You would then have policing costs etc to come off. 

The Roseburn stand would be the same pricing for a season ticket as the Gorgie Stand with Bronze being in the lower section and Gold in the upper. Season Ticket prices range from £55 to £360. Trying to find an average price isn't straight forward without the proper information. I'd guess around £270 based on there would be more adult tickets than kids, students or over 65s.

In order to match that income (£550,000) from season ticket sales alone and also baring in mind we don't currently give Celtic and Rangers the full stand, the club would need to sell around 2,000 season tickets in the Roseburn Stand. We normally give 1,400 to Celtic and Rangers so selling 2,000 season tickets isn't achievable. I also don't believe there is a demand for 2,000 season tickets in the Roseburn Stand.

Based on that I'm unsure if we will open it up for season tickets and will perhaps keep it as it is for walk ups only. 

Great post i may add

What about category B season tickets in the Roseburn? Or season tickets minus the derbies (likely to only be one derby with Hibs in the bottom six).

Jambos dad
8 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Whether it's season ticket holders or walk ups, that doesn't change the Old Firm allocation. It just means more fans committing longer term.

Your £550,000 figure is based on giving the Old Firm the whole stand and I didn't think we wanted to go back down that route. 

Saint Jambo

Sorry, your logic/maths doesn't make sense. You can't both count the income from the full stand sales against the OF/Hibs in your revenue lost, and then say we can't sell the number of season tickets required because there will still be 1,400 OF/Hibs fans at those games. Those 1,400 tickets will also generate revenue.

The 'lost' revenue is only the seats that we can't sell to OF/Hibs fans. So by your figures that would be 1,900. Which would be £342k. Which again using your figures would be 1,267 season tickets. So that would be possible with segregation.

Do your figures take into account the bottom corner sections of the Roseburn that aren't occupied for bigger games? 

Stuart Lyon

Tried to add someone to my network so I could buy their ST with mine but e-tickets system said he could not be found. Asked him to log on which he did no bother  System is useless.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Tried to add someone to my network so I could buy their ST with mine but e-tickets system said he could not be found. Asked him to log on which he did no bother  System is useless.

Email the ticket office and they will sort it. 

Jambos dad
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Sorry, your logic/maths doesn't make sense. You can't both count the income from the full stand sales against the OF/Hibs in your revenue lost, and then say we can't sell the number of season tickets required because there will still be 1,400 OF/Hibs fans at those games. Those 1,400 tickets will also generate revenue.

The 'lost' revenue is only the seats that we can't sell to OF/Hibs fans. So by your figures that would be 1,900. Which would be £342k. Which again using your figures would be 1,267 season tickets. So that would be possible with segregation.

I definitely think that if there is demand to fill at least 1 section of the Roseburn with season ticket holders it doesn't affect Old Firm allocation or segregation arrangements. It would only affect the Hibs games and the way things are going with them they might not need the full stand. 

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Going to go in to the TO sometime today.

It seems that some folk have more than one reference which confuses the system. 

davemclaren
Just now, Jambos dad said:

I definitely think that if there is demand to fill at least 1 section of the Roseburn with season ticket holders it doesn't affect Old Firm allocation or segregation arrangements. It would only affect the Hibs games and the way things are going with them they might not need the full stand. 

My understanding of how the physical segregation arrangements work  is that we either give the away team 2 sections or the full stand. 

Jambos dad
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My understanding of how the physical segregation arrangements work  is that we either give the away team 2 sections or the full stand. 

That's what we currently do for the Old Firm matches, so we may lose a bit of revenue for the Hibs matches but have more guaranteed revenue at the other home matches 

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yea, this has been covered in the past. 
The barrier goes up separating L and M for toilets/catering etc. 
We can’t do only one section for away fans.

To add to that, for smaller teams we can give them only one section and move the segregation into L and sell home tickets in K, which would be the segregation line for Cat A games.

Stuart Lyon
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It seems that some folk have more than one reference which confuses the system. 

Thanks for that. Bizarre.

FarmerTweedy
59 minutes ago, Boab said:

There have been times in the past, at the peak of the Mad Vlad era, where we did give some away teams only one section, and we had three and a half sections of home fans.  I've no idea how segregation was done on the concourse as I wasn't in the school end myself, but it must be doable!

1 hour ago, Boab said:

We can if Home fans in L only use the entrance and exits for H J K. 

There is no barrier between the seats, only in the concourse. 

The G4S covering can easily be moved. 

Where there's a will 🤔

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We can if Home fans in L only use the entrance and exits for H J K. 

There is no barrier between the seats, only in the concourse. 

The G4S covering can easily be moved. 

Where there's a will 🤔

Sorry, that's what I was meaning in my second post. 

Jambos dad
32 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Just 15 now showing left for sale.

There shouldn't be any left by the cutoff date. I wonder how many will become available? 

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Just 15 now showing left for sale.

Have we had any updates from the club on sales?... I haven't hear a peep as yet.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Have we had any updates from the club on sales?... I haven't hear a peep as yet.

Renewals are up to the 11th of June.

You won't hear anything till after that date.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Renewals are up to the 11th of June.

You won't hear anything till after that date.

👍

The Gorgie
2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Minor quibble, but I wish they would release the unsold seats in lower G

Giving we no longer give Celtic and rangers the full end and the corner is sectioned off v hibs its ridiculous we still have a ticket ban there.

Category b tickets are the way to go for the roseburn. Give Hibs the full stand but can have these for the other games

Jambos dad
24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Category b tickets are the way to go for the roseburn. Give Hibs the full stand but can have these for the other games

I think if there is a demand by Hearts fans for season tickets they should be prioritised. If Hibs continue their downward spiral they might not need a full stand and we could have more fans in the stadium 

Psychedelicropcircle

Can I book a seat that wasn’t a ST seat last  season, or do I have to

wait till after June 11th as a non ST holder?

Jambos dad
9 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Can I book a seat that wasn’t a ST seat last  season, or do I have to

wait till after June 11th as a non ST holder?

You can but there's was very few still available this afternoon. 

Psychedelicropcircle
8 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

You can but there's was very few still available this afternoon. 

Nowt in C onwards there must be many seats retained for swaps!

weekend offender

**** hibs. Give the rats the same as the old firm dogs. I would love to hear them greeting about it

Edited by weekend offender

3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Nowt in C onwards there must be many seats retained for swaps!

Not sure about that.

Think there was around 500 available for new STs and Jalbo put up today that there were around 15 left.

3 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

**** hibs. Give the rats the same as the old firm dogs. I would love to hear them greeting about it

100%.  They'll take what we give them and be thankful.

No way they'll reduce our numbers, as they are desparate for cash, with their half empty ground.

weekend offender
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

100%.  They'll take what we give them and be thankful.

No way they'll reduce our numbers, as they are desparate for cash, with their half empty ground.

Exactly mate. Even if they did reduce our numbers they would just lose even more money. Don't think they would reduce ours though

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I would much rather have a Hearts fan sitting in the Roseburn with a season ticket than a Hibs  fan sitting there twice per season. They won’t cut our allocation at ER as they can’t afford to. The stand that we occupy doesn’t lend itself to be segregated easily so thats another reason they will give us the full stand. 

14 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

FAF get yer drift 

Jambos dad
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I would much rather have a Hearts fan sitting in the Roseburn with a season ticket than a Hibs  fan sitting there twice per season. They won’t cut our allocation at ER as they can’t afford to. The stand that we occupy doesn’t lend itself to be segregated easily so thats another reason they will give us the full stand. 

It might not even be per season, if they get relegated, whereas a new season ticket holder might renew it in the long term. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hibs have done it to the old firm at times. The old firm ruined their game as a spectacle when reduced away gates and think ours would be the same 

Psychedelicropcircle
42 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not sure about that.

Think there was around 500 available for new STs and Jalbo put up today that there were around 15 left.

Looks like cropcirclette will be sitting alone…. 

9 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Looks like cropcirclette will be sitting alone…. 

Get in sharp on the 12th I think it is and you might get lucky.

Jambos dad
40 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hibs have done it to the old firm at times. The old firm ruined their game as a spectacle when reduced away gates and think ours would be the same 

I am not sure if more Hearts fans at a big match would ruin the spectacle. Most big derby matches are heavily balanced to the home side  in terms of the crowd. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

I am not sure if more Hearts fans at a big match would ruin the spectacle. Most big derby matches are heavily balanced to the home side  in terms of the crowd. 

Exactly, if we had a 30’000 stadium would only have 3,500 of them ruin the ‘spectacle’?

Jambos dad
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly, if we had a 30’000 stadium would only have 3,500 of them ruin the ‘spectacle’?

The way things are going down Easter Road way a lot of them would have to turn up as empty seats to make up 3,500.

I don't think there's many away fans at El Classico and I think it's still not too bad a spectacle 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)