Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

Famous 1874

More renewed than Hibs have sold in general sale. Hibs started there’s practically at Christmas too 😂

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Was it not the year before that the discount disappeared? 

I think it depends what option you took although I honestly can not remember all the details I take the V12 ten payments option now

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I reckon if you email call the ticket office they'd accommodate it,they are really good every time I have an issue. 

Aye, I have already - cheers. I’ve also found them helpful, but this time seems I got duff info initially. Hopefully can get sorted out this week. Just a bit frustrating if it could have already been sorted out over last few weeks. 

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Aye, I have already - cheers. I’ve also found them helpful, but this time seems I got duff info initially. Hopefully can get sorted out this week. Just a bit frustrating if it could have already been sorted out over last few weeks. 

Depends what you're looking to actually do. If you just wanted to buy a vacant seat, you could have done that any time. If you've got season tickets already, and want an extra one, and also want them all to be together, then assuming there weren't an available set of empty seats, then you were always going to have to wait till the renewal period ended.

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Was it not the year before that the discount disappeared? 

It was for the season just past, it was based on the fact that many of us paid full price for the Championship season (2020/21) and got the same, 14 or so streamed games, as any other season ticket holder got, regardless of where they sat in the stadium.

55 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Depends what you're looking to actually do. If you just wanted to buy a vacant seat, you could have done that any time. If you've got season tickets already, and want an extra one, and also want them all to be together, then assuming there weren't an available set of empty seats, then you were always going to have to wait till the renewal period ended.

The latter is what I want to do. Which is essentially getting three vacant seats together and releasing our current two. 

I was not aware that currently vacant seats were on sale (or had been in renewal phase). If they were, then what I’m wanting to do should have been possible…I would have thought? Seems to be what others have done as per some comments on here, unless I’m misunderstanding. 

maroonsgotop
20 hours ago, luckydug said:

First time I've had to bother with the seat moving caper. 

I'm wondering if you have to go to the ticket office in person. 

Looking to move a bit further down in the main stand. Can still manage up the stairs but coming down makes me dizzy. I am scared I stumble and cause an accident. 

The Season Ticket renewal window has now closed with more than 12,500 Jambos securing their seat for 22/23.

A seat moving window will open at 9am on Wednesday June 15th and will run until 5pm on Saturday June 18th. 

All unsold seats will then be released on general sale at 9am on June 21st. 

How to Renew

Season Ticket holders can renew via the following sales channels:

NOTE: Supporters who are disabled are asked to contact Keith Ferguson, Hearts’ Disability Access Officer, if they have any questions relating to the purchasing of their Season Ticket: [email protected]. For more information on relevant ticket pricing please CLICK HERE.

Season ticket holders will be issued a new smart card for the 22/23 season as a result of the turnstile automation project. These will be posted out during the summer once the work is complete and the turnstiles have been fully tested.

UPDATE%2022.23%20Season%20Ticket%20Prici

Click HERE for full 22/23 Season Ticket terms and conditions.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Peebo said:

The latter is what I want to do. Which is essentially getting three vacant seats together and releasing our current two. 

I was not aware that currently vacant seats were on sale (or had been in renewal phase). If they were, then what I’m wanting to do should have been possible…I would have thought? Seems to be what others have done as per some comments on here, unless I’m misunderstanding. 

Kind of depends, really. It seems there were, at the very start of the renewal/sales period, some groups of vacant seats available, but that very quickly those were taken up, and it was largely single seats dotted around the ground that were left very quickly. If you got in touch with the ticket office right at the start of the period, it might have been technically possible to do what you were looking for, even if it didn't fit the club's plan to have the renewal period followed by the moving period.  It's hard to say whether that was actually the case though, without knowing exactly when you contacted the ticket office and exactly what seats were still available at that point. Of course, there's also questions over where seats might have been available, and where you'd have been looking for. For instance, if you're in the middle of the Wheatfield upper just now and could only have got three seats together in the Gorgie stand down the front by a corner flag or right behind the goal, would that actually have met your needs?

6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

It was for the season just past, it was based on the fact that many of us paid full price for the Championship season (2020/21) and got the same, 14 or so streamed games, as any other season ticket holder got, regardless of where they sat in the stadium.

I completely missed that.

12 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Hopefully we can get near 15k season tickets by August

Thats it, no like the season starts next week

Same with bringing in players

Some just want it now, like pant wetting bairns at times 

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Kind of depends, really. It seems there were, at the very start of the renewal/sales period, some groups of vacant seats available, but that very quickly those were taken up, and it was largely single seats dotted around the ground that were left very quickly. If you got in touch with the ticket office right at the start of the period, it might have been technically possible to do what you were looking for, even if it didn't fit the club's plan to have the renewal period followed by the moving period.  It's hard to say whether that was actually the case though, without knowing exactly when you contacted the ticket office and exactly what seats were still available at that point. Of course, there's also questions over where seats might have been available, and where you'd have been looking for. For instance, if you're in the middle of the Wheatfield upper just now and could only have got three seats together in the Gorgie stand down the front by a corner flag or right behind the goal, would that actually have met your needs?

Who knows? I wasn’t given the option.

I did get in touch at start of renewal period and was told to renew existing seats then get back in touch at the seat moving phase. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Who knows? I wasn’t given the option.

I did get in touch at start of renewal period and was told to renew existing seats then get back in touch at the seat moving phase. 

Nobody was given the option to move their seats before the end of the renewal period. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nobody was given the option to move their seats before the end of the renewal period. 

It could be done by default. Buy x new seats that were available and not renew your existing x seats. 

Psychedelicropcircle
On 11/06/2022 at 18:48, McCrae said:

I am surprised that 2000 people have not renewed.

i was just making sure CL had left the building🤭

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I moved seat so I could buy another ticket

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It could be done by default. Buy x new seats that were available and not renew your existing x seats. 

This is why I’m confused and frustrated. I explained what I wanted to do but was told I needed to wait (renew first then sort in the move window). It seems I did not need to wait (I didn’t care about the mechanics of the move/purchase of additional ticket). 

I’ll call the TO tomorrow and hopefully sort it out (have already emailed about it).

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

This is why I’m confused and frustrated. I explained what I wanted to do but was told I needed to wait (renew first then sort in the move window). It seems I did not need to wait (I didn’t care about the mechanics of the move/purchase of additional ticket). 

I’ll call the TO tomorrow and hopefully sort it out (have already emailed about it).

A seat moving window will open at 9am on Wednesday June 15th and will run until 5pm on Saturday June 18th. 

All unsold seats will then be released on general sale at 9am on June 21st. 

14 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Thats it, no like the season starts next week

Same with bringing in players

Some just want it now, like pant wetting bairns at times 

Bringing in as many players as you can before pre season is a good thing. Not essential but it’s good.

Selling lots of season tickets early is also a good thing because it might mean the Roseburn can be opened up to ST’s.

Hardly pant wetting to prefer those things to happen early rather than later is it ?

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Bringing in as many players as you can before pre season is a good thing. Not essential but it’s good.

Selling lots of season tickets early is also a good thing because it might mean the Roseburn can be opened up to ST’s.

Hardly pant wetting to prefer those things to happen early rather than later is it ?

I think we are all aware about bringing in players as quick as we can and those behind the scenes will doing just that, but it can take time.Done fine so far 

As for ST's sales i think they are fantastic but some still moaned about it

The next two weeks or so will determime whats happening with the Rroseburn and Hearts will do whats required

12 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

I think we are all aware about bringing in players as quick as we can and those behind the scenes will doing just that, but it can take time.Done fine so far 

As for ST's sales i think they are fantastic but some still moaned about it

The next two weeks or so will determime whats happening with the Rroseburn and Hearts will do whats required

I’m not sure that nearly 2000 non renewals is ‘fantastic’ it’s a lot more than I expected for sure. However I’m not ‘moaning’ or ‘pant wetting’ just discussing it and there is plenty time yet to get the numbers up, although I do feel the COL crisis might impact us this year.

Two weeks time see what the ST sales are and over that period what players are ,in until then just have to wait , dont see the big deal 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

I think the issue is that if you've actually contacted the ticket office and asked to move your seats, they'll have told you the moving period is after the renewal period ends, which would actually be pretty reasonable of them. If they were handling moving people while the renewal period was still on the go, I imagine it would have been a bit of a nightmare for them as they'd have constantly had folk getting in touch wanting to move groups of seats, with very limited availability.  It made far more sense to leave the moving period until after the renewal period ended.  What folk who have commented on this thread have done is simply ignore the ticket office and effectively do the move themselves by buying season tickets in new seats and not renewing their old ones. They've done that off their own backs using their own initiative and you could have done likewise! I guess the ticket office could have told you that you could do that, although whoever you spoke to might not have actually thought of the fact that it could be done that way, never mind been aware some folk were doing it!

In truth, you'll probably find you've got a better choice of seats available for you to move to now, as all the unrenewed seats will now be available!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think the issue is that if you've actually contacted the ticket office and asked to move your seats, they'll have told you the moving period is after the renewal period ends, which would actually be pretty reasonable of them. If they were handling moving people while the renewal period was still on the go, I imagine it would have been a bit of a nightmare for them as they'd have constantly had folk getting in touch wanting to move groups of seats, with very limited availability.  It made far more sense to leave the moving period until after the renewal period ended.  What folk who have commented on this thread have done is simply ignore the ticket office and effectively do the move themselves by buying season tickets in new seats and not renewing their old ones. They've done that off their own backs using their own initiative and you could have done likewise! I guess the ticket office could have told you that you could do that, although whoever you spoke to might not have actually thought of the fact that it could be done that way, never mind been aware some folk were doing it!

In truth, you'll probably find you've got a better choice of seats available for you to move to now, as all the unrenewed seats will now be available!

I could indeed have used my initiative. Instead, I decided to contact the ticket office, explain what I wanted to do (nothing too outlandish, I suspect) and then followed their advice. I use my initiative on a daily basis for all sorts of situations but here, I didn’t think there a better course of action than following the advice of the ticket office about the purchase of tickets.

I find the advice/comms confusing and find the fact I could - apparently - already be sorted out frustrating. And I’m also confident it will be sorted out soon. No big deal other than short term annoyance. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I could indeed have used my initiative. Instead, I decided to contact the ticket office, explain what I wanted to do (nothing too outlandish, I suspect) and then followed their advice. I use my initiative on a daily basis for all sorts of situations but here, I didn’t think there a better course of action than following the advice of the ticket office about the purchase of tickets.

I find the advice/comms confusing and find the fact I could - apparently - already be sorted out frustrating. And I’m also confident it will be sorted out soon. No big deal other than short term annoyance. 

The comms could certainly have been clearer re the ability to buy empty seats in the 3 home stands.  

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The comms could certainly have been clearer re the ability to buy empty seats in the 3 home stands.  

Thing is, it seemed clear…that non-Season Ticket holders had to wait to the general sale. I was not aware that any seats were being sold in the renewal window apart from folks renewing. From club email end of April…

The Season Ticket renewal window is now open and will run until June 11th. A general sale will commence thereafter for non-Season Ticket holders who wish to buy a seat at Tynecastle for 22/23.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Thing is, it seemed clear…that non-Season Ticket holders had to wait to the general sale. I was not aware that any seats were being sold in the renewal window apart from folks renewing. From club email end of April…

The Season Ticket renewal window is now open and will run until June 11th. A general sale will commence thereafter for non-Season Ticket holders who wish to buy a seat at Tynecastle for 22/23.

Clearly not correct then. 😎

John Findlay

SPFL league fixtures come out this Friday. First league game is the weekend of July 30th. Let's see how many season tickets we have sold by then, which is still six weeks away.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

When I spoke to the ticket office about moving seats they informed me you had to do it in the ticket office or over the phone. The reason being is that when they open up seats as "available" they can't restrict it to people who currently have season tickets, so anyone would be able to buy them.

I assume this is the same reason why we were able to buy them in the renewal period. They maybe just didn't want 12500 coming to gorgie so had to hope for the best.

41 minutes ago, Dayman said:

When I spoke to the ticket office about moving seats they informed me you had to do it in the ticket office or over the phone. The reason being is that when they open up seats as "available" they can't restrict it to people who currently have season tickets, so anyone would be able to buy them.

I assume this is the same reason why we were able to buy them in the renewal period. They maybe just didn't want 12500 coming to gorgie so had to hope for the best.

Saint Jambo
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not sure that nearly 2000 non renewals is ‘fantastic’ it’s a lot more than I expected for sure. However I’m not ‘moaning’ or ‘pant wetting’ just discussing it and there is plenty time yet to get the numbers up, although I do feel the COL crisis might impact us this year.

I feel like I provide this comment every year...

A book, Soccernonics, quotes an academic article that found that when season ticket sales are static, 1 in 8 season ticket holders don't renew and are replaced by new or returning season ticket holders. That academic paper is now about 20 years old. People don't renew for a whole bunch of personal reasons. It seems like our number of non-renewals would be pretty much in line with that 1 in 8 figure, although some of the non-renewers may still choose to renew before the start of the new season.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Someone else posted earlier the figures Hearts announced at the end of the renewal periods of the previous few seasons and they were all in the region of 10-10.5k, so I'd say it looks pretty fantastic and that you simply had a somewhat unrealistic expectation of how many people would renew in the renewal period. It's worth bearing in mind that a significant number of people simply won't have decided yet whether to renew, but will end up doing so, and quite a lot of people just always leave it late as they're not really particularly bothered about keeping the same seat from year to year, and prefer to just not shell out their cash at the last moment they have to.

FWIW, my expectation for renewals was higher too, and I was a little disappointed at first, until it was put into context against previous seasons!

Gorgie_Rules

Reckon we’ll sell 1,500 - 2,000 when it opens up next week with up to a further 500 before season starts to take us to somewhere between 14,500-15,000 come the first game.

Fort Vallance

Probably a stupid question. It appears that quite a few people have bought new season tickets in different seats rather than renew and try and change later. Do we know if the 12.5k sold are renewals or does that include new sales ?

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Probably a stupid question. It appears that quite a few people have bought new season tickets in different seats rather than renew and try and change later. Do we know if the 12.5k sold are renewals or does that include new sales ?

Includes both. 

9 hours ago, Peebo said:

I agree, communication could have been better.

Instead of calling it a ST renewal window, why not say Phase 1 is now open during which ST holders can renew their existing seats and any seats currently not held by ST holders will be available for open purchase.

Phase 2 will allow anyone who has purchased a ST during Phase 1 to switch their seats, as we'll now know which previous ST ticket holders did not renew, so better seats may be available.

Phase 3 will be an open sale of any remaining seats after the first 2 phases.

Probs around 16k available to people wanting a season ticket and also get a seat for the european games. There is always a fuss of some sorts.  12500 is a really good number to start with...times are harder for many but people want to watch he big team. Roll on Friday for the fixtures.

FarmerTweedy
21 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Probs around 16k available to people wanting a season ticket and also get a seat for the european games. There is always a fuss of some sorts.  12500 is a really good number to start with...times are harder for many but people want to watch he big team. Roll on Friday for the fixtures.

That sort of number would require selling season tickets for the Roseburn stand. I'm totally in favour of that if there's that level of demand, but it would raise a question over what happens for home cup ties where we need to give the away team that whole stand!

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That sort of number would require selling season tickets for the Roseburn stand. I'm totally in favour of that if there's that level of demand, but it would raise a question over what happens for home cup ties where we need to give the away team that whole stand!

Yea, I’m sure hospitality is around 1500 in all areas ?

Add that to the 12.5 and the Roseburn plus seats for walk-ups (?) and there’s not much left in the three stands. 
I have a feeling it will be around 14K.

whether that means walk-ups will be the Roseburn and no STs there, I’m not sure but if demand exceeds that, they’ll have to make a decision about the Roseburn.

I should add, Cup games are not included in STs so Cup games would be a free for all if the Roseburn was given over. The 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Good point. 

Would that mean Roseburn Stand STs would not be able to have the same guarantees as other parts of the stadium ? 

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, Boab said:

I should add, Cup games are not included in STs so Cup games would be a free for all if the Roseburn was given over. The 

ST holders usually get to buy their seats first. What’s the o pop recent age you require to give for cup matches. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

ST holders usually get to buy their seats first. 

What if there is more ST holders than seats available for a home cup tie ?

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What if there is more ST holders than seats available for a home cup tie ?

Depends on the percentage of the stadium you have to give to away teams. Not sure what that is. 

It’s a good problem to have though imo. 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Depends on the percentage of the stadium you have to give to away teams. Not sure what that is. 

Rangers and Celtic can give what they like the rest are told what to allocate.

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Good point. 

Would that mean Roseburn Stand STs would not be able to have the same guarantees as other parts of the stadium ? 

Previously they have just been category B, meaning they don’t get the big games. Could be wrong but I think they get first dibs on seats elsewhere in the stadium when an away side has the full Roseburn - looks like this will only be hibs for the foreseeable though.

Sales these days seem to be on the cusp of keeping the Old Firm to a reduced allocation which is great.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

For the Scottish Cup, away teams are basically entitled to 20%, with some flexibility allowed to ensure safe segregation. In practice, that means away teams are entitled to have the entire Roseburn stand if they want it. Of course, in reality, many clubs wouldn't want it all, but if we're playing the weeteam, the mutton molesters, or one of the arsecheeks, they'd demand the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

ST holders usually get to buy their seats first. What’s the o pop recent age you require to give for cup matches. 

20%.

sorry, just seen above post.

If it was a team who would fill it, there would no doubt be restrictions in Lower N and G.

Doesn’t leave a lot after STs.

A good reason to get one if you can.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)