*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I hope we don't sign players until the last minute. 

Far too much fun to be had watching some posters mentally unfurl themselves as the deadline approaches. 

Not funny. I'm coming out in a rash 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

33 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Can we all just agree on one thing

We do not play with 1 striker, we play a front 3 with a number 10 linking the play, honestly I might be a pedant but it's irking me more and more when folk say we only play 1 up front. 

As for Boyce, I have been hugely frustrated with his regression in front of goal but he was still massively important to our way of playing, our attacking fluidity and our successes. Personally I am not sure Jorge Grant is good enough to play the 10 role if we seriously want to be challenging and replacing Boyce will be tough, the only hope is whoever we get is a bit more clinical in front of goal 

Can we all agree instead that we play with 1 striker and 2 forwards either side of him in a front 3? If we play the 4-2-3-1 we then play with a front 4 by adding in a no.10 behind the striker...

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think the club had enough going on with Cathro....

Perfectly illustrated my point there mate. It wasn't 1 good year. He was very good at Hearts then Cathro ruined his career with us. Very good at Ado Den Haag, gets €1m move to AZ. Very good strike rate at AZ and Rosenberg. Now seems to have fallen away the last couple of years .... Was definitely a much better player than many realised. It will only be now that folks start to appreciate Liam Boyce too ....

I'm sure another poster recently said he didn't do very well after ADH. Just had a quick look, doesn't seem like he had a very good strike rate at AZ and Rosenberg. Looks c. 1 in 4 which is okay at best for a striker/centre forward.

I like Johnsen and was disappointed when he left; if you think 1 in 4 is very good then I can follow your argument, but a lot of other people will think that's very meh.

27 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

It’s a bit shit that we are still here scrambling out trying to make signings when we have had all summer  

I presume you are an offshoot of GB News?

Sorry, I mean offshite.

Captain Canada

Everyone will be so disappointed when we announce Mark McNulty, Andy Carroll and Dean Sturridge as our new forward line 😂

The Old Tolbooth
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Doesn’t seem an unreasonable assumption though one man’s ‘ooya!!’ is another man’s ‘ehhh?’  

And that's just when yer cutting the grass! 

20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Don't agree. We play with 1 striker; Shankland. 

It's not defensive though, as you say there's plenty attacking intent included with the two wingers and the CF/CAM.

It's the way some on here are using it in their thinly veiled "negative Neilson" comments. It's 3 forwards not 5 midfielders and 1 attacker which is probably how I should have phrased it 

9 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 I would say, also being pedantic, that the way you’ve phrased it is wrong.

We do play with one striker (shankland, but with 3/4 forwards. I guess if you were being open minded you could say we were playing with two strikers (Boyce) although he has been deployed as more of a number 10 in my eyes than a striker (number 9).

See above yeah it's almost a 4 forward player system but the anti-Robbie brigade always seem to use terms like 1 up front and it's getting annoying now 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can we all agree instead that we play with 1 striker and 2 forwards either side of him in a front 3? If we play the 4-2-3-1 we then play with a front 4 by adding in a no.10 behind the striker...

Like I say, an inelegant term of phrase by me, I should have said 1 attacker because as you rightly say, we constantly play with 3 or 4 forwards minded players 

12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

No, no ,dear God  no!

His heart (sic!) isn't in it at Aberdeen - hugely homesick or similar.

He was brought over at the same time as Stephen Glass.

I've personally seen him play against Cowdenbeath in the league cup this season and he missed 2 unbelievable sitters

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure another poster recently said he didn't do very well after ADH. Just had a quick look, doesn't seem like he had a very good strike rate at AZ and Rosenberg. Looks c. 1 in 4 which is okay at best for a striker/centre forward.

I like Johnsen and was disappointed when he left; if you think 1 in 4 is very good then I can follow your argument, but a lot of other people will think that's very meh.

He scored 5 in 11 appearances for Rosenborg? AZ was 6 in 22 which is still decent for the Eredivise, especially when you factor in substitute appearances. 

FarmerTweedy
21 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

Tin hat on but Tony Watt anyone.

Offer them Gary MS and a small amount of cash.

Hard worker, some skill and was playing well with Motherwell before his current move. Plus unfinished business with us?

Anyone thinking Tony Watt would be a good signing for us has a tin head rather than a tin hat!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He scored 5 in 11 appearances for Rosenborg? AZ was 6 in 22 which is still decent for the Eredivise, especially when you factor in substitute appearances. 

13 in 42 all comps for both of them from what I can see. Roughly 1 in 4.

Rosenberg in isolation, yeh better, but it's a pretty small sample of games.

I liked him but I don't think he's really one that got away, albeit I'd have preferred we kept him.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I hope we don't sign players until the last minute. 

Far too much fun to be had watching some posters mentally unfurl themselves as the deadline approaches. 

You can barely post without having a dig at the fans.....bizzaare behaviour,but expected.

17 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

No, no ,dear God  no!

His heart (sic!) isn't in it at Aberdeen - hugely homesick or similar.

He was brought over at the same time as Stephen Glass.

I've personally seen him play against Cowdenbeath in the league cup this season and he missed 2 unbelievable sitters

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

Aye... Heed's doon, tools are doon, home time. He and his family are miserable in Scotland and think Aberdeen is a shitehole (not wrong) and want to go home. And not that I'm remotely interested in him for Hearts but:

1) No way we'll match his rumoured wage at Aberdeen and;

2) No way he'll take a wage cut to continue living in Scotland (even if Edinburgh is a big improvement). 

Back to MLS he goes.

Next! 

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I liked him but I don't think he's really one that got away, albeit I'd have preferred we kept him.

Much closer to 1 in 3 than 1 in 4 tbf

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Nearer 1 in 3 than 1 in 4 so not bad. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My prediction for today. No media reports about players and no signings. This place tearing its hair out.

This

54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think the club had enough going on with Cathro....

Perfectly illustrated my point there mate. It wasn't 1 good year. He was very good at Hearts then Cathro ruined his career with us. Very good at Ado Den Haag, gets €1m move to AZ. Very good strike rate at AZ and Rosenberg. Now seems to have fallen away the last couple of years .... Was definitely a much better player than many realised. It will only be now that folks start to appreciate Liam Boyce too ....

🤣

Very good strike rate……6 goals in 18 months.

With this level of stupidity It’s no wonder you think JG can be a superstar. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

🤣

Very good strike rate……6 goals in 18 months.

With this level of stupidity It’s no wonder you think JG can be a superstar. 

Which 18 months?

This has got no signings written all over it eh? 🤣 i find expecting the worst and hoping for the best is the best policy with Hearts.

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This has got no signings written all over it eh? 🤣 i find expecting the worst and hoping for the best is the best policy with Hearts.

With 3 months to think about it. 3 men working on it. A clear idea of what we need and a bucketful of funds we’ve never had since Romanov, No more signings would be completely unacceptable, no matter the reason given

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

With 3 months to think about it. 3 men working on it. A clear idea of what we need and a bucketful of funds we’ve never had since Romanov, No more signings would be completely unacceptable, no matter the reason given

I mean hopefully we sign players but we have sepnt around 1.5 million on transfer fees this summer. Also, Signed our best senior players on higher paid contracts.

Edited by Tour22

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I think Johnsen is vastly over-rated by some of our support due to a couple of OK moments. Considering he was about 6'6 but still quick, his record of 5 goals in 35 league appearances is mince. Stevie May scored 5 in 35 in 20/21, and he's widely regarded as a complete huddy on here. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think Johnsen is vastly over-rated by some of our support due to a couple of OK moments. Considering his physical attributes, his record of 5 goals in 35 league appearances (so 1 in 7) is mince. Stevie May scored 5 in 35 in 20/21, and he's widely regarded as a complete huddy on here. 

All better ratios than Tam McManus, the striker.

43 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So who’s at Edinburgh airport today hovering in case anyone flies in for signing talks? @Mr Sifter has previous for this in his taxi I am sure :) 

My youngest works at Fever Tree at Edinburgh Airport and he has been instructed to let me know if there are any ballers arriving! If they are coming in to speak to the Hobos (and if they are decent players) he will give them directions to Tynecastle!

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

All better ratios than Tam McManus, the striker.

McManus actually managed 4 in 29 one season. So about the same. 

Let that sink in 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

McManus managed 4 from 29 one season. So about the same. 

Let that sink in 🤣

😄

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Really? What if the players of the required standard weren't available or weren't interested?

Should we just sign anyone for the sake of it?

18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Obviously not listened to Robbie. Hearts aren't going to just bring bodies in for the sake of it. They need to be quality. I like how you ignore all the money spent and all the signings made and boil it all down to transfer deadline day. Sky have done a number on you ... 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Anyone thinking Tony Watt would be a good signing for us has a tin head rather than a tin hat!

He is a very good player but is he better than what we have ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, franco2209 said:

You can barely post without having a dig at the fans.....bizzaare behaviour,but expected.

More of  an observation than a dig Tbh. 

I never said mentally unfurling on a public forum over transfer activity was a bad thing, just amusing. 

Which it clearly is. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Really? What if the players of the required standard weren't available or weren't interested?

Should we just sign anyone for the sake of it?

We shouldn’t sign players for the sake of it however if we’re honest it’s not a minute pool we’re looking at. There’ll literally be hundreds if not thousands of players across the world who we could add to our team to make us better.

I agree 100% with the clubs strategy (targeting quality over quantity) however if we fail to add to what we have just now I don’t think you can look at that any other way than a failure.

Whether it means we’ve been targeting players out with our reach, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as on occasion you can get one who slips through the net. However for us to not have a plan B or backup would be foolish.

FWIW I’m not saying the above is true as we might sign 3/4 players over the next few days. However  I agree that if we fail to sign anyone it’s a failure. One which Neilson and Savage would probably agree with.

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

oh dear. you must really miss Craig Levein and his scouting set up.

if our targets are of higher quality (which they absolutely appear to be these days) - but they turn us down for a permanent move due to our wage structure - I'm fine with this.

If a loan target of higher quality doesn't materialise because <<insert suggestions already posted on here a million times>> then I'm fine with that.

I just can't drum up the same level of enthusiasm I forced upon myself when we signed the likes of Amankwaa, Maclean, Damour, Whelan etc....

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Reluctantly I think i would have to agree with this.

No one expected the injuries we had on Sunday.

Must have thrown the club into a mini turmoil.

Behind the scenes must be scenes!

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Why are your knickers in such a twist that you just assume the opposite of what the club have publicly stated? 

27 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

My youngest works at Fever Tree at Edinburgh Airport and he has been instructed to let me know if there are any ballers arriving! If they are coming in to speak to the Hobos (and if they are decent players) he will give them directions to Tynecastle!

So does my lad. Small world.

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

When’s a good time to blood young players? If they are good enough to play at Hearts then they are good enough to play for Hearts. They won’t playing for B team or on the bench. We lose too many young players because they’re not given the chance. Young Neilson is an example. 

Remember they all started young. 

image.jpeg.120381261842f9570656c7bc92ee4757.jpeg

John Robertson got a game because he was an exceptional young talent, none of our young players are anywhere as good, if they were they would have played numerous times already. They’re only being talked about now is because we’re at the bare bones, nothing else

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Reluctantly I think i would have to agree with this.

I think so too, it will be magnified even more if we have a shit season obviously. Frantic calls will be being made to the major teams looking to loan out promising players, this seems more likely than any other moves

With Alex Neil just in the door at Stoke he will probably want to do some deals so perhaps his relationship with Savage might help us get a decent loan?

1 minute ago, Wee Hammy said:

With Alex Neil just in the door at Stoke he will probably want to do some deals so perhaps his relationship with Savage might help us get a decent loan?

Not sure having watched them pre season I would be wanting any of their players!

Cut The Crap
1 minute ago, Wee Hammy said:

From Stoke?

:notsure:

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

Jacob Brown or big Harry

Sinbad the Sailor
4 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

More worried about him looking to sign any of our players 😬

35 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

We shouldn’t sign players for the sake of it however if we’re honest it’s not a minute pool we’re looking at. There’ll literally be hundreds if not thousands of players across the world who we could add to our team to make us better.

I agree 100% with the clubs strategy (targeting quality over quantity) however if we fail to add to what we have just now I don’t think you can look at that any other way than a failure.

Whether it means we’ve been targeting players out with our reach, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as on occasion you can get one who slips through the net. However for us to not have a plan B or backup would be foolish.

FWIW I’m not saying the above is true as we might sign 3/4 players over the next few days. However  I agree that if we fail to sign anyone it’s a failure. One which Neilson and Savage would probably agree with.

We are looking to sign a forward, Allan Preston was saying on the Radio at the weekend, that the pool of available players in this position is particularly small and competition to make signings is fierce.

It's difficult, the squad was looking in reasonable shape prior to the recent injuries. When we've tried to make rushed signings in the past it has lumbered us with the Kastaneers of this world.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***