*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Cut The Crap
3 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Expect naebody, just a feeling.....

Yes, the dreaded "Hearts have announced that their business in this transfer window is concluded" seems more likely by the hour.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My source tells me there is a possibility of a signing today, tomorrow and the following 2 weeks. Thereafter we will be active in the January window, but since its not the best window to shop in, it will not be too much.

The source also tells me we will be doing this all again in 2023.

Source finally wanted to wish all Kickbackers a Merry

:fth:

Thank goodness for midnight tomorrow, free agency, anything a bonus

29 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Can dip into the free agent market if need be after the window closes 

Only one day to do that if they are to play in group matches. No problem if they don’t and just play domestic matches but would be better if they could play both. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

For one you can’t play them against the team they are from and secondly not keen to develop either of their players for them.

imo, neither of these have much relevance given the urgency we now have.    Losing against the OF is fairly common (unfortunately), and 9 months at Hearts isn't really much of a gift to an  OF club who now seem fixated on buying  experienced players way beyond our level anyway.

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

Given that Keo came out of the blue a few days ago after working on the deal for a month, why are folk acting as though radio silence means we haven’t started work on a striker or winger yet?

Because they're idiots, basically! 

20 hours ago, CMc said:

Folk know we can work on more than one deal at a time, right?

Quite a lot don't seem to be able to grasp that at all!  Mainly because they're idiots! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Isn't Moult injured...again?

I didnt know he still played football. Nipper Lawrence anyone? Did a job for a year

Naisys Tackle

Gives a signing please Hearts.  Dont want to depend on Ginos decision making improvement turning him into a superstar :lol: 

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, One five said:

Weird how the hobos got it done at a weekend in 24 hours or so ! 

It's almost as if Scottish people don't need a work permit! 

I certainly hope Savage is a bit more composed than a lot of the folk on this board, he will have players earmarked, spoken to, potentially agreements in principle in place, I don't think he's been sitting on his hands all summer but biding his time to make sure he gets the quality we are looking for and sometimes that's worth waiting for.

My interpretation of the "being more aggressive" quote is less about panic buying and more to do with giving a "take it or leave it, we will move on" final offer on the table.

What is making transfers more difficult at all levels is the upcoming world cup,there tends to be quieter transfer windows in the lead up to a world cup and it goes batshit mental afterwards. Players may be wary of moving now and not making world cup squads, or shortselling their value if they catch the eye. Take the Korean lad for example, had a tough time in Europe but still desperate to get back, having a very good season and could have an eye on breaking into the Korean team, if he comes to Scotland and fails to settle his chance may go, stay in Korea and he goes to the world cup his value may rocket....I get that not all of the targets we have will be international players, but the guys their current clubs are looking to upgrade to may be, which leaves them stuck

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You obviously never read my other posts 

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

A bit late to that particular party are you not.... 

If there’s any signings today hopefully they keep all announcements until 19.40 - a nice reward for the 8,000 or so who have bought the tickets for tonight. 

heartandsoul
31 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yes, the dreaded "Hearts have announced that their business in this transfer window is concluded" seems more likely by the hour.

This

24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

So far on Facebook there has been ajeti, mikey Johnston and louis moult. Anyone else?

Mikey Johnston is a cracking player. Take him in a heartbeat.

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

After 375 pages of mainly crap I am quite looking forward to it.

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Then we either lower the standard or we pay more

Or play the kids like Robbie clearly stated ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

After 375 pages of mainly crap I am quite looking forward to it.

You think 300 pages were good? I reckon we could probably have squeezed the good stuff, into maybe 10 pages, 1 page for each signing and 1 for each decent rumour, Korean and Mighten, anyone else that has passed us by?

Hectormasson
29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Gives a signing please Hearts.  Dont want to depend on Ginos decision making improvement turning him into a superstar :lol: 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌

Drew Wallace
36 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I certainly hope Savage is a bit more composed than a lot of the folk on this board, he will have players earmarked, spoken to, potentially agreements in principle in place, I don't think he's been sitting on his hands all summer but biding his time to make sure he gets the quality we are looking for and sometimes that's worth waiting for.

My interpretation of the "being more aggressive" quote is less about panic buying and more to do with giving a "take it or leave it, we will move on" final offer on the table.

What is making transfers more difficult at all levels is the upcoming world cup,there tends to be quieter transfer windows in the lead up to a world cup and it goes batshit mental afterwards. Players may be wary of moving now and not making world cup squads, or shortselling their value if they catch the eye. Take the Korean lad for example, had a tough time in Europe but still desperate to get back, having a very good season and could have an eye on breaking into the Korean team, if he comes to Scotland and fails to settle his chance may go, stay in Korea and he goes to the world cup his value may rocket....I get that not all of the targets we have will be international players, but the guys their current clubs are looking to upgrade to may be, which leaves them stuck

Spot on 👍

39 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

😄 

I read that post, too.

Wild optimism verging on lunacy.

He's a decent player to have in the squad/off the bench but that's it.

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Moult 🤣

And that's the full house in Transfer Window Bingo! 

would rather have Ted Moult.Does Everest install the transfer window by any chance?

1 minute ago, martoon said:

😄

I read that post, too.

It's all relative, though. If Tam McAnus can be described as a H1b5 legend, then that makes Gino a superstar almost by default.

Is there a Transfer Deadline Day thread yet?

Praying that someone doesn't come in with a 'too good to refuse' bid for any of our players.

Thinking Barrie McKay must be high on suitors lists since he's been excellent this year and his displays in Europe have been top notch. Devlin another that could potentially attract a decent fee. 

Hopefully we are waiting for the epl clubs to finish up business so we can ring thrm up.

"We noticed you've signed this guy for X million so does that mean you would let us offer you're other talented young laddie some first team football and European experience?"

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

But if we are talking about Boyle, is he not Australian?

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, martoon said:

😄

I read that post, too.

Totally.  We just cant see what others can though.

Dont do drugs kids. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Jambos dad said:

I take it he isn't. I just didn't know. 

Nah.  Dont think hes ever even lived there mate. 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Hopefully we are waiting for the epl clubs to finish up business so we can ring thrm up.

"We noticed you've signed this guy for X million so does that mean you would let us offer you're other talented young laddie some first team football and European experience?"

You could be not far off the mark here. 

We may have a couple of loans lined up but they could be depending on transfer movement from the parent club 

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Is there a Transfer Deadline Day thread yet?

Praying that someone doesn't come in with a 'too good to refuse' bid for any of our players.

Thinking Barrie McKay must be high on suitors lists since he's been excellent this year and his displays in Europe have been top notch. Devlin another that could potentially attract a decent fee. 

I had the total fear earlier as Barrie McKay was trending but was for a goal award. Someone claimed weeks there would be an unexpected departure but that hasn’t happened yet

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

So far on Facebook there has been ajeti, mikey Johnston and louis moult. Anyone else?

Jimmy Dunne

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nah.  Dont think hes ever even lived there mate. 

Thanks Robbie, it was probably because he has played for Australia, I have assumed he was Australian. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Thanks Robbie, it was probably because he has played for Australia, I have assumed he was Australian. 

Yeah can see that mate.  McLeish like the stupid jake he is said he would never get selected for Scotland so went to OZ and now the World Cup. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah can see that mate.  McLeish like the stupid jake he is said he would never get selected for Scotland so went to OZ and now the World Cup. 

It's coming back to me now. Old age doesn't come alone. 

10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jimmy Dunne

7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Callum Paterson

Hurray! remember, if they've not played for us before or are Scottish then this rules out a lot of folk's imagination when thinking who we could / should sign.

get Jamie Walker on loan. Knows us, Hearts man, scores goals etc etc 🤣

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It looks to me as if Gino is very much in Neilson's plans, he definitely adds something that's hard to replace with his pace, and his performances have been very good this season. 

It's only worth replacing GMS if we an find someone better, and that won't be as easy as some seem to think.

👍

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or play the kids like Robbie clearly stated ?

Indeed, if the kids are better than what was available and affordable, he’ll be forced to play them. However the flaw in that argument is, if they are good enough, why hasn’t he played them already.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed, if the kids are better than what was available and affordable, he’ll be forced to play them. However the flaw in that argument is, if they are good enough, why hasn’t he played them already.

He has played them, in the last game. Lewis Neilson was in the team of the week. Connor Smith looked very decent too. I'd rather see us play them than panic and bring in some journeyman who just blocks off their progress.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He has played them, in the last game. Lewis Neilson was in the team of the week. Connor Smith looked very decent too. I'd rather see us play them than panic and bring in some journeyman who just blocks off their progress.

Even with the kids available we are short on squad options in key areas.

Smith and Neilson did do well but as has been shown time and time again kids also need to be managed correctly and will not be able to play 3 games in 9 days. 

We need people in the door. Even if it's loans.

If those are the only two options(play what youth we have or sign journeymen) I agree.

Sibbick or Neilson tonight dya think ? Pollock or Grant to start ? C Smith or Halliday/M Smith ? Henderson ?

Perfect opportunity to start at least 2 of the above 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***