• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If we can’t bring in players good enough for Hearts who we can afford and want to come here, you have to ask wtf the 3 man recruitment team have been doing for 3 months.

Discussion pending for the weekend in case your not talking shite.

I’d be astonished and deeply disappointed if we havent got 3 in by Thursday night to cover the bleeding obvious gaps we’ve got, made worse by injuries but which we’ve known about in one case for a year and in the other case since Simms left in May.

I have only passed on what I have heard.  Certainly not itk myself.  That’s what forums are for isn’t it? 🤔 Looking forward to the discussion if it’s necessary. 

7 minutes ago, feej said:

Daily record saying Robbie's would like  4. 

Meantime at Tynecastle Hospital 🏥 work goes on 😎👍😷 

RustyRightPeg

This is the most relaxed I’ve been through the whole window tbh.

There’s no reason for us not to sign players now.

Throughout this window RN has always aired on the side of we just need a couple more in certain areas - now he’s fully admitting we’re going to be bringing in multiple bodies. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Throughout this window RN has always aired on the side of we just need a couple more in certain areas - now he’s fully admitting we’re going to be bringing in multiple bodies. 

I have heard we have made one player a priority. Any more will be bonus loans tomorrow from English sides.

Edited by Tour22

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ah, but when he aired on the side of caution we signed players, now he’s saying we need players maybe that means we won’t? 👀 

::troll::

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mind folk said similar about Bjorn Johnson. Then he got a move to AZ and played for the Norwegian national team. You can either see it or you can't. Don't worry if you can't.

I’d take him now in a heartbeat, at least the player he was when with us. Cathro damaged his time at Hearts unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

We will have 1 "ooya" signing.

Supplemented by 2 more "it'll have to do until January" signings.

I'm going 2 "ooyas" and 1 who TF is that?

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah, but when he aired on the side of caution we signed players, now he’s saying we need players maybe that means we won’t? 👀 

::troll::

I don’t think even Robbie can bluff his way out of this injury situation 🤣

Couldn't care less if it's permanent transfers or loans. Loans served us well last season, one of which we've managed to make permanent.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Anyone want to raise our "ooya's"?

I'm out at "2 ooys's" this is too much for me, I'm folding 😕

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Not saying that it's the issue but Justin kluivert has just been refused a work permit to play for Fulham because he didn't play enough games last season. Post brexit is defo having an effect on signing players

Kluivert for Hearts!

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Player doesn’t want to come

Players family doesn’t want to come

Player wants too much money

Agent wants too much money

Players club wants too much money

Player’s club will only sanction loan, player doesn’t want a loan deal

Players club won’t sanction a loan deal, want to sell

et al 

‘there’s no reason for us not to sign players now’ 

14 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

I have heard we have made one player a priority. Any more will be bonus loans tomorrow from English sides.

Wouldn’t surprise me, push the boat on one and pick up loans if poss. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Oh no.  Not again!!

On a more definite note, should I be letting my non-football loving boss that the next two days are exclusively an F5 fest?

My wife accused me of being in contact with another woman because I'd been on my phone so much over the last few days 😆 

When I explained about the transfer window she was relieved, but I bet she thinks I'm a right sad prick 😆 

1 minute ago, Hansel said:

My wife accused me of being in contact with another woman because I'd been on my phone so much over the last few days 😆 

When I explained about the transfer window she was relieved, but I bet she thinks I'm a right sad prick 😆 

We all are on here. Join the club. 😂😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I lived in Aberdeen for about 2 years when it was a thriving party town. That was 20 years ago. It was a great place to live and work and play.

Went back for a weekend with old friends last year and it’s a grey soul destroying place, like a ghost town in comparison. All the good boozers gone. Place is filthy and run down. All the money has gone. No danger I’d go back there to live.

You were probably in the city centre, only pensioners go by day and kids by night, where I live and work is well above average, schools are all rebuilt modern etc, its easier to get out of the place too :) Much quicker to eateries around the county. Plenty of great places to eat and drink, not a city centre in this country that is clean tbh, the city centre is in dire need of regeneration this much is true.

However on point, if I could live in the States over Aberdeen, I would, winter is biting, and its remote enough that some entertainment is far enough away. Aberdeen gets far more sunshine and less rain than most Scottish cities, usually protected by Grampians, you can look that up, however the wind is biting, give me the South or West USA any day, Aberdeen is merely a village in comparison.

Which boozers did you go to by the way?

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Player doesn’t want to come

Players family doesn’t want to come

Player wants too much money

Agent wants too much money

Players club wants too much money

Player’s club will only sanction loan, player doesn’t want a loan deal

Players club won’t sanction a loan deal, want to sell

et al 

‘there’s no reason for us not to sign players now’ 

I was going from the angle that Robbie might not want too many more bodies in to upset the apple cart, not that we’re physically incapable of doing so.

If you want to go full panic mode crack on buddy, it’ll be a long couple of days for you though. 

Can we all just agree on one thing

We do not play with 1 striker, we play a front 3 with a number 10 linking the play, honestly I might be a pedant but it's irking me more and more when folk say we only play 1 up front. 

As for Boyce, I have been hugely frustrated with his regression in front of goal but he was still massively important to our way of playing, our attacking fluidity and our successes. Personally I am not sure Jorge Grant is good enough to play the 10 role if we seriously want to be challenging and replacing Boyce will be tough, the only hope is whoever we get is a bit more clinical in front of goal 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There is the possibility of 1 or 2 leaving as well, not really been discussed however Roberto did quite clearly state this in his Sportsound interview on Sunday, a couple wanted more game time and out by Thursday.

If thats the case then we really need 4 or 5 :)

How exciting

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

There is the possibility of 1 or 2 leaving as well, not really been discussed however Roberto did quite clearly state this in his Sportsound interview on Sunday, a couple wanted more game time and out by Thursday.

If thats the case then we really need 4 or 5 :)

How exciting

I don’t think we can let anyone go. The amount of injuries and recoveries than we need all bodies available 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Newton51 said:

I don’t think we can let anyone go. The amount of injuries and recoveries than we need all bodies available 

He did say he didn't want anyone to go, however his tone suggested he might have to. You dont want unhappy campers

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He did say he didn't want anyone to go, however his tone suggested he might have to. You dont want unhappy campers

Probably Gino and GMS . They will be needing replaced . 

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Hope it's not Geno.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll go for an "oh well",  and two "mmm hmm's".   That's probably not raising the value so I'll add "a couple in January to boost the squad". 

44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Pant wetters - assemble!!

Unreal isnt it

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have only passed on what I have heard.  Certainly not itk myself.  That’s what forums are for isn’t it? 🤔 Looking forward to the discussion if it’s necessary. 

Why bother

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit early for this sort of talk isnt it

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

It’s a bit shit that we are still here scrambling out trying to make signings when we have had all summer  

That's the nature of it, though; the good stuff at the end

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

It’s a bit shit that we are still here scrambling out trying to make signings when we have had all summer  

Its like a competition to see who can post the daftest comment on here at the moment….

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's the nature of it, though; the good stuff at the end

True but only if we get the players we are after ! We have gaps all over the place .

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

We will have 1 "ooya" signing.

Supplemented by 2 more "it'll have to do until January" signings.

Doesn’t seem an unreasonable assumption though one man’s ‘ooya!!’ is another man’s ‘ehhh?’  

18 minutes ago, Bozi said:

We do not play with 1 striker, we play a front 3 with a number 10 linking the play, honestly I might be a pedant but it's irking me more and more when folk say we only play 1 up front. 

As for Boyce, I have been hugely frustrated with his regression in front of goal but he was still massively important to our way of playing, our attacking fluidity and our successes. Personally I am not sure Jorge Grant is good enough to play the 10 role if we seriously want to be challenging and replacing Boyce will be tough, the only hope is whoever we get is a bit more clinical in front of goal 

Don't agree. We play with 1 striker; Shankland. 

It's not defensive though, as you say there's plenty attacking intent included with the two wingers and the CF/CAM.

23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I was going from the angle that Robbie might not want too many more bodies in to upset the apple cart, not that we’re physically incapable of doing so.

If you want to go full panic mode crack on buddy, it’ll be a long couple of days for you though. 

So what does ‘there’s no reason not to sign players now’ mean? 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

At my age, you take your ooya's when you can get them.

Your age you don’t get multiple ooya’s its one n done innit? 

Francis Albert

These days the forum seems to talk more about transfer windows than games. The January window is already getting mentions!

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, poultry said:

Hope it's not Geno.

10 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Probably Gino and GMS . They will be needing replaced . 

It looks to me as if Gino is very much in Neilson's plans, he definitely adds something that's hard to replace with his pace, and his performances have been very good this season. 

It's only worth replacing GMS if we an find someone better, and that won't be as easy as some seem to think.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Doesn’t seem an unreasonable assumption though one man’s ‘ooya!!’ is another man’s ‘ehhh?’  

Whatever you are into Dave 😮

RustyRightPeg
Just now, soonbe110 said:

So what does ‘there’s no reason not to sign players now’ mean? 

In my eyes it means due to the new injuries in key areas, they absolutely 100% need addressed. I think there’s a chance we could’ve stuck to our guns if the right players didn’t come up at the right price. Now we are being “more aggressive” I expect to see a flurry of activity.

2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You should have passed your superior wisdom on to the club at the time instead of to a randomer on a message board 6 years later. 

Think the club had enough going on with Cathro....

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

😂

Bjorn Johnson is now at his 5th club in 5 years since leaving Hearts. He has had one good season….the hit the footballing high of the Korean League and is now back in the MLS where he has scored 2 goals in 18 months apparently.

You really should have picked a better example to try and justify you’re ludicrous post.

Josh Ginnelly……superstar 😃

Perfectly illustrated my point there mate. It wasn't 1 good year. He was very good at Hearts then Cathro ruined his career with us. Very good at Ado Den Haag, gets €1m move to AZ. Very good strike rate at AZ and Rosenberg. Now seems to have fallen away the last couple of years .... Was definitely a much better player than many realised. It will only be now that folks start to appreciate Liam Boyce too ....

28 minutes ago, Bozi said:

😂 I would say, also being pedantic, that the way you’ve phrased it is wrong.

We do play with one striker (shankland, but with 3/4 forwards. I guess if you were being open minded you could say we were playing with two strikers (Boyce) although he has been deployed as more of a number 10 in my eyes than a striker (number 9).

Apolgies if this has been posted already and I have missed it.

Mighten has signed for Sheffield Wednesday on a one year loan deal in the English League rather than Hearts as his club wanted him to stay in England.

Edited by wavydavy

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***