• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

We’ve clearly has a lot of knock backs this transfer window. 

If so, that's concerning. However we've a Recruitment Team in place to identify people who will come to us. Let's hope they're on top of their game with two days to go and if not, why not. Otherwise we could end up with more Cole Stockton's. Time will tell very shortly 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We’ve clearly has a lot of knock backs this transfer window. 

That happens every window. And Hearts expect this, listen to any interview from Joe Savage and he talks about how you will get many rejections, even if you think you have sealed a player and before they sign they choose a different club.

Not concering from the perspective that we should be trying to sign a better wuakity of player to take us to the next level. As such we should expect knock backs.  

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That happens every window. And Hearts expect this, listen to any interview from Joe Savage and he talks about how you will get many rejections, even if you think you have sealed a player and before they sign they choose a different club.

Of course. 

ooh-aah-cantona

Lyle Taylor would be as popular for some as Colin Doyle when he tweeted he voted for Boris Johnson.

Can’t see Taylor signing anyway tbf

Knick backs probably mean we are shooting for the highest standard they think they can get. Rather that than chasing a livi forward.

Lyle Taylor would definitely be “a bit of a coup”. 

In all seriousness he would. Fast powerful

runner and a goal scorer all his career. 

Scored like 25 goals in 35 games for Falkirk, although that was a decade ago. good scoring rate even in recent years. 

14 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Don't believe a word that Twitter account posts but if we were in for Taylor I wouldn't be too disappointed. 8 goals in 32 games in the Championship last season between Nottingham Forest and Birmingham, should be capable of a better ratio up here, would need to be on no more than a 2 year deal though. 

Best penalty kick taker I have seen.

You Tube it, you'll be screaming to sign him after it.

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Simms, Mighten, the Korean lad amongst the ones we know of. 

Yeah,  Simms and Mighten for sure , Simms you can kind of understand playing with Sunderland in the Championship although that could go tits up with them losing their manager.

Mighten was playing in the Papa John's Trophy tonight getting sub off in a 3-1 defeat to Bradford, can only assume he wanted to stay closer to home. 

And the Korean lad,  well nobody really knows the situ  there.

Like the quality we are targeting though so knock backs are going to happen , re Mighten has a prime example of strange decision. 

40 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Opposite of what I’ve heard, busy and fruitful I’m expecting. 

I did say they were very busy. Hopefully what you have heard is closer to the truth. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Completely misinterpreted what you were saying. Apologies!

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Ramirez to leave Aberdeen and so is albian ajeti from Celtic.  Expect lots of moves next couple of days 

6 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Ramirez to leave Aberdeen and so is albian ajeti from Celtic.  Expect lots of moves next couple of days 

Doubt we'd be able to afford him but Ajeti would definitely be some signing. He'll probably end up in the championship or abroad though.

mickycameron98
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I'd take him if we were struggling last day of window and had nothing coming in up front. Then I'd take a punt. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Last time I saw Lyle Taylor had improved out of sight from his time in Scotland. 

Of the names suggested today, probably the best in the likely category, bearing in mind we have only Shankland now, probably not the worst suggested 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I did say they were very busy. Hopefully what you have heard is closer to the truth. 

Going by my track record on here recently, we won’t sign a soul.

(admittedly a whiff on the incoming shout a few weeks back - in my defence I was told foreign midfielder and that transpired, just a bit of a delay) 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ramirez is not playing for Aberdeen as he wants a transfer back to USA, why they haven't,  no idea, training with the kids apparently. Not a number 10, penalty box and not in any way a replacement for Boyce 

ooh-aah-cantona
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicolai-jorgensen/profil/spieler/100399

I'm sure we couldn't afford him but this guy looks class and it seems strange he doesn't have a club. 

I used to watch a bit of the Eredivisie back in the day and he was tremendous and he won the league under Gio Van Bronckhorst. 

I personally hope we push the boat out now for Seung Woo, I think we need a top drawer signing to replace boyce in the number 10 role, we also need a striker on top of that, For me someone like a Hungbo or McLaren type would do as a back up for Shankland.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Going by my track record on here recently, we won’t sign a soul.

(admittedly a whiff on the incoming shout a few weeks back - in my defence I was told foreign midfielder and that transpired, just a bit of a delay) 

‘Toughest window in memory’ was a comment I was given.  Too much money at all levels down south even with our good cash situation. Our signings also tend to be longish due diligence projects so no knee jerk signings usually. Grant was on the radar for a year before we signed him being a good example. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

‘Toughest window in memory’ was a comment I was given.  Too much money at all levels down south even with our good cash situation. Our signings also tend to be longish due diligence projects so no knee jerk signings usually. Grant was on the radar for a year before we signed him being a good example. 

Thousands of season tickets sold and 18000+ at games. Fans have invested, time for the Recruitment Team to deliver more quality in a shrinking time frame. Fingers crossed.... 

gorgierulesapply88
26 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Lyle Taylor would definitely be “a bit of a coup”. 

In all seriousness he would. Fast powerful

runner and a goal scorer all his career. 

Scored like 25 goals in 35 games for Falkirk, although that was a decade ago. good scoring rate even in recent years. 

We don't need dinosaurs.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It is the knee jerk injuries that could force us into some knee jerk signings.

14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I personally hope we push the boat out now for Seung Woo, I think we need a top drawer signing to replace boyce in the number 10 role, we also need a striker on top of that, For me someone like a Hungbo or McLaren type would do as a back up for Shankland.

We're no going to get him. Too much paperwork and red tape. Maybe in January. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We're no going to get him. Too much paperwork and red tape. Maybe in January. 

complete guesswork, but I suspect (provided it is true he is out of contract at the end of the year) we will look to sign him up on a pre-contract and sign him in January.

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

No idea who whether reliable or not 

Hibs are actually linked with Harry mckirdy. Already sounds like 1 of them 

Hibs have opened talks with Swindon Town over Harry McKirdy.

Lee Johnson is keen to bolster his striking options and after the Leith club were linked with the 25-year-old previously, the boss has made his move to try and land him this window.

McKirdy was hit with a three-match ban and a £1500 fine for his reaction to an opening day red card for Town,

He was punished for throwing a protein shake against the wall of the officials' changing room and covering their clothes.

Cut The Crap
48 minutes ago, bawheed said:

"The purse strings" Hearts should have enough cash to get players that are required

I think Robbie probably agrees.

BackOfTheNet

I understand people trying to guess who we may go for, or try finding someone on transfermarkt that would fit the bill, but me I want a completely out of the blue name like Kiomourtzoglou was. Someone who has us scrambling up Wikipedia and YouTube and hopefully getting us excited at the prospect. However, as much as I’d love an exciting deadline day, given the numbers we need, I want these out of the blue signings to start tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

complete guesswork, but I suspect (provided it is true he is out of contract at the end of the year) we will look to sign him up on a pre-contract and sign him in January.

I agree. 👍

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

We don't need dinosaurs.

Just as well he’s only 32 then.

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If we can’t bring in players good enough for Hearts who we can afford and want to come here, you have to ask wtf the 3 man recruitment team have been doing for 3 months.

Discussion pending for the weekend in case your not talking shite.

I’d be astonished and deeply disappointed if we havent got 3 in by Thursday night to cover the bleeding obvious gaps we’ve got, made worse by injuries but which we’ve known about in one case for a year and in the other case since Simms left in May.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

War chest is being opened

Neilson met the Tynecastle Park board on Monday and, along with sporting director Joe Savage, is now pressing ahead with plans to sign a new forward. He also hopes to recruit one or two additional players.

Just now, Sertse said:

Neilson met the Tynecastle Park board on Monday and, along with sporting director Joe Savage, is now pressing ahead with plans to sign a new forward. He also hopes to recruit one or two additional players.

I read it as if it was 2 attackers as he said this, “We have a couple of targets and hopefully we can get them over the line“. So 4 in total. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***