*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We are looking to sign a forward, Allan Preston was saying on the Radio at the weekend, that the pool of available players in this position is particularly small and competition to make signings is fierce.

It's difficult, the squad was looking in reasonable shape prior to the recent injuries. When we've tried to make rushed signings in the past it has lumbered us with the Kastaneers of this world.

Yes and that was reportedly the lad from Nottigham Forest who has just signed a one year loan deal with Sheffiled Wednesday.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We are looking to sign a forward, Allan Preston was saying on the Radio at the weekend, that the pool of available players in this position is particularly small and competition to make signings is fierce.

It's difficult, the squad was looking in reasonable shape prior to the recent injuries. When we've tried to make rushed signings in the past it has lumbered us with the Kastaneers of this world.

There’s no doubting it’s more competitive for those types of players however I wouldn’t be taking the words of Alan Preston or any of the sportsound cast who seem to be oblivious that there’s options outwith Scotland and Joel Nouble.

I’m still hopeful we’ll get a few in but still think we’ve been a little slow this transfer window.

You’re right that the injuries have caught us a little off guard but with the amount of games we knew we had we were always bound to have people out.

RustyRightPeg

If the club make signings in the next two days, those doubting the hierarchy at the club should be made to do lines on a chalkboard and be banned for a week while they calm doon 

upgotheheads
50 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He is a very good player but is he better than what we have ?

Watt comes into the same category as Lafferty, a good player but you wouldn't want him anywhere near your squad, especially one with a number of impressionable young players.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Watt comes into the same category as Lafferty, a good player but you wouldn't want him anywhere near your squad, especially one with a number of impressionable young players.

No chance that either of them are being signed or even considered! As others have said our net will be getting cast further afield than Scotland and I’m fairly confident we will get a couple of bodies in the door.

58 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Really? What if the players of the required standard weren't available or weren't interested?

Should we just sign anyone for the sake of it?

You’d like to think we’ve whittled it down by now and we’ve excluded those not available or not the standard or not affordable or not interested

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If the club make signings in the next two days, those doubting the hierarchy at the club should be made to do lines on a chalkboard and be banned for a week while they calm doon 

To be fair, although I’m not saying nothing will happen, we are on the penultimate day of the window, and there’s no names or sign that anyone is close yet. We know that signings can come out of nowhere, but will do little time left it’s only natural to question whether someone is coming in. As I say, I believe there will be at least one, but I understand those being unsure.

35 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

John Robertson got a game because he was an exceptional young talent, none of our young players are anywhere as good, if they were they would have played numerous times already. They’re only being talked about now is because we’re at the bare bones, nothing else

This, I know nothing in life is certain, but anyone in Edinburgh youth football at that time absolutely knew John Robertson, Mackay and Bowman were destined to be successful professional footballers 

Just an example, but Nicky Clark has signed for St Johnstone today. He's not good enough for Hearts, but equally if we were looking just to boost numbers, he's known to the coaching staff, has played with Shankland previously and is experienced in the league.

That's the kind of signing we could have made if the objective was to add numerical depth to the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Just an example, but Nicky Clark has signed for St Johnstone today. He's not good enough for Hearts, but equally if we were looking just to boost numbers, he's known to the coaching staff, has played with Shankland previously and is experienced in the league.

That's the kind of signing we could have made if the objective was to add numerical depth to the squad. 

Exactly and this place would go into meltdown with a signing like that and rightly so.

Seaside Dave

I can't see us signing 4 players between now and tomorrow night. Is the deadline close 5pm tomorrow or 11pm? 

3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

I can't see us signing 4 players between now and tomorrow night. Is the deadline close 5pm tomorrow or 11pm? 

Neither... midnight in Scotland.👍

larbert_jambo
13 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Can dip into the free agent market if need be after the window closes 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Can dip into the free agent market if need be after the window closes 

They won’t be able to play in Europe

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Scottish Premiership loan?

I hope not as would suggest it would be an OF player and not keen to loan from either.

Today, my rangers supporting work mate told me that we have made enquiries about Charlie MaCann. Dunno if there is any truth in it. Good young player but no point if it's a loan?!?

14 hours ago, Homme said:

Well at least the club are remembering we are short :lol:

That's what Shaun Maloney and Lee Johnston both said.

Just now, gorgieheart said:

3pm ?  scarf aloft  ? 

Not sure? 

Apparently its immenint rather than imminent???

1 minute ago, Ranga82 said:

Today, my rangers supporting work mate told me that we have made enquiries about Charlie MaCann. Dunno if there is any truth in it. Good young player but no point if it's a loan?!?

doubtful, he was MOTM last night

going nowhere

and a midfielder...we have that are covered

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just had a look in the Tynecastle office 

8DF352DF-5C8C-44CC-A9AF-9A6CE727666B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ranga82 said:

Heard we've got an eye on him but Rangers rate him so are reluctant to sell.

24 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hearing the first new signing is Immenint

Check his Wiki page and he's hardly played and never scored.  3 year deal?

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They won’t be able to play in Europe

Deadline for ECL squad is midnight on 2/9/22, so there’s still a small window to bring in free agents.

Just now, Dia Liom said:

My source says expect 1, possibly 2, new defensive midfielders by Friday morning.  👍 🥁

Can they please have missed preseason due to injury

26 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Saying a signing is imminent on a day when signings, according to the manager himself, are likely is classic JKB.

Yeah 🤣, should be announced today or tomorrow 🙄

3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I wish I had a source. Very envious of all you guys ITK at Tynecastle 

Just make one up like pretty much everyone else. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Negan said:

Alban Ajeti by 3pm

Ex St Gallen player, would've been handy a couple of weeks ago

Lone Striker
17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I hope not as would suggest it would be an OF player and not keen to loan from either.

Why ?

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Why ?

For one you can’t play them against the team they are from and secondly not keen to develop either of their players for them.

10 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I wish I had a source. Very envious of all you guys ITK at Tynecastle 

😂

59 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’d like to think we’ve whittled it down by now and we’ve excluded those not available or not the standard or not affordable or not interested

And if there’s none left on the list???

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***