*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet

Is there a different process for footballers than the average Joe when it comes to the visa thing? I imagine things are expedited to an extent, but by how much? Harry Winks is off to Sampdoria and was granted a visa within a day it seems, according to Sky Sports News. Just curious as to how long we’ll have to wait for Kiomourtzoglou to be able to play for us. And IF we do sign anyone else that doesn’t hold a British passport in the last days of the window, then how long until they can play as well?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Not happened in my puff. Was Mahe not a free transfer 

Thats right aye, decent player Mahe.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is there a different process for footballers than the average Joe when it comes to the visa thing? I imagine things are expedited to an extent, but by how much? Harry Winks is off to Sampdoria and was granted a visa within a day it seems, according to Sky Sports News. Just curious as to how long we’ll have to wait for Kiomourtzoglou to be able to play for us. And IF we do sign anyone else that doesn’t hold a British passport in the last days of the window, then how long until they can play as well?

I think depends on the country they are moving to. Any player coming to the UK needs to get a work permit so will have to follow home office procedure. Think there can be some speeding up from normal work permits but from the time it has taken for Hearts players it doesn't look great. But it seems to affect players at all levels. I saw Newcastle's new striker Isak still hadn't got his work permit despite him passing all the require points to get one without it going to a panel. The journalist who was said it, reckoned it could be because it was a bank holiday.

Devlin seemed to take a whole month to get his work permit, there seemed to be that it was quickly granted but took forever to be physically provided. I remember at the time that he had to keep going to the British consulate but it was taking forever. Think Rowles was similar. 

I would hope it wouldn't take too long for Kio as he is coming from a European country, but you have thought the same with Australia.

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sweden international signed for Newcastle and didn’t get his visa before the weekend and still struggling for tomorrow’s game. Bloody Brexit 

26 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Neilson saying loans, splashing the cash tomorrow then...

Tbf we spent £400k 3 days ago and have paid fees for Cochrane, Grant and Shankland, it's not like we've been tight.

If we can't get the right permanent signings there's nothing wrong with a loan, especially if they are just to fill a gap til injured players are back.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think depends on the country they are moving to. Any player coming to the UK needs to get a work permit so will have to follow home office procedure. Think there can be some speeding up from normal work permits but from the time it has taken for Hearts players it doesn't look great. But it seems to affect players at all levels. I saw Newcastle's new striker Isak still hadn't got his work permit despite him passing all the require points to get one without it going to a panel. The journalist who was said it, reckoned it could be because it was a bank holiday.

Devlin seemed to take a whole month to get his work permit, there seemed to be that it was quickly granted but took forever to be physically provided. I remember at the time that he had to keep going to the British consulate but it was taking forever. Think Rowles was similar. 

I would hope it wouldn't take too long for Kio as he is coming from a European country, but you have thought the same with Australia.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Sweden international signed for Newcastle and didn’t get his visa before the weekend and still struggling for tomorrow’s game. Bloody Brexit 

Cheers. And aye, without getting too political, Brexit has been absolutely (unsurprisingly) shite.

17 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Boyle is Scottish. kio needs visa and work permit these are the breaks after leaving EU

👍Yeah, I’m sure he will be worth it mate

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Cheers. And aye, without getting too political, Brexit has been absolutely (unsurprisingly) shite.

Yup, while it allows Scottish clubs to target other countries for players, it is terrible and shows how bad the home office is at running things.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts are expected to be busy in the transfer market before the window closes on Thursday as they bid to replenish their squad following the injury news.

"We've had a lot of dialogue over the last few weeks (about recruitment) but we spoke again yesterday and had a discussion about what we need to bring in," said Neilson. "The injuries mean we maybe have to be a bit more aggressive in the market but we want quality, not quantity.

Can't help thinking he's sounding a wee bit hacked off at the lack of progress...

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

Can't help thinking he's sounding a wee bit hacked off at the lack of progress...

He’s getting quite repetitive with his quotes but starting to sound more concerned about lack of incomings 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Tbf we spent £400k 3 days ago and have paid fees for Cochrane, Grant and Shankland, it's not like we've been tight.

If we can't get the right permanent signings there's nothing wrong with a loan, especially if they are just to fill a gap til injured players are back.

What I'm saying Bob is I wouldn't take Bob's word 100%

4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

What can you do if a player doesn't want to come though.It seems like we were really close to getting that Mighten but he chose Sheffield Wednesday instead of us.Nothing more we can really do if they don't want to come.I certainly don't think we are missing out on players through lack of effort.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Don't think there's any doubt he is, tantalisingly close to a proper squad for whatever reason we are not filling the gaps 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why?

Just based on what I have heard. Kio was the real target for this window close and we got him.  Can cover several positions but best in midfield. Still expecting one in in January. Not sure we were really on the trail of anyone else or close to signing anyone else before Sunday happened.  Lots of activity now. Maybe going back to previous targets with better offers but don’t know. Hope my source is completely wrong. 

Cut The Crap
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He’s getting quite repetitive with his quotes but starting to sound more concerned about lack of incomings 

I did think his "wee bit more aggressive" line on Sunday might have been aimed at Savage and McKinlay (or whoever is negotiating and holding the purse strings). 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He always plays down the chances of things happening. 

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It's a quicker process if you have international appearances.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He always plays down the chances of things happening. 

Element too I suppose, we won't be held ransom and can loan a couple instead 

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Completely misinterpreted what you were saying. Apologies!

BackOfTheNet

I do wonder how things would have panned out signing wise if we made Europa League. I imagine it would give us more scope in terms of wages and fees. Maybe someone like Mighten would have chosen us over a League One side (if it was even his choice). Or would it be exactly the same now as if we qualified. Interesting, but we’ll never know I guess.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Element too I suppose, we won't be held ransom and can loan a couple instead 

That true, I always read it as that and as Savage has said before, its easy to make a signing, its hard to make a good signing.

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just based on what I have heard. Kio was the real target for this window close and we got him.  Can cover several positions but best in midfield. Still expecting one in in January. Not sure we were really on the trail of anyone else or close to signing anyone else before Sunday happened.  Lots of activity now. Maybe going back to previous targets with better offers but don’t know. Hope my source is completely wrong. 

Opposite of what I’ve heard, busy and fruitful I’m expecting. 

lost in space
11 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I did think his "wee bit more aggressive" line on Sunday might have been aimed at Savage and McKinlay (or whoever is negotiating and holding the purse strings). 

Not sure what he means with the "more aggressive" quote. More aggressive with who - agents/players? - giving them  "take it or leave it" offer. Or is he saying we have to more aggressive with spending??

Strange terminology!!

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I do wonder how things would have panned out signing wise if we made Europa League. I imagine it would give us more scope in terms of wages and fees. Maybe someone like Mighten would have chosen us over a League One side (if it was even his choice). Or would it be exactly the same now as if we qualified. Interesting, but we’ll never know I guess.

I suppose only time will tell, I cant imagine anyone knows much about guy that has just signed could be a baller or complete opposite.

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

No idea who whether reliable or not 

Might be wrong but I think they have been proved to just make shit up previously 

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

No idea who whether reliable or not 

He’s posted stuff before. Some right but mainly wrong. Did predict Forrest signing when looked like deal wasn’t happening 

Lyle Taylor was pretty decent at Birmingham on loan last season. I'd imagine he'd have Championship clubs in for him who'll blow us out the water with wages.

Seems unlikely but he's got a pretty good record goals and assists rate in Scottish football so might not be too bad.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

32 year old seems unlikely

In a normal situation, you'd probably be right but sometimes needs must....

RustyRightPeg

Here come the FFS played for Partick Thistle and I know nothing about his career since brigade re. Lyle Taylor. 

If the sight of his name being linked with us frustrates you just wait till you see how he takes pens 

1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

How often are we going to roll out the quality over quantity line? Its this seasons 

"Bit of a coup"

Every club stives for quality.

“Bit of a coup” is a personal favourite of mine. 

InternationalJambo

Taylor was always a pain in the arse when playing against us.

Edited by InternationalJambo

Don't believe a word that Twitter account posts but if we were in for Taylor I wouldn't be too disappointed. 8 goals in 32 games in the Championship last season between Nottingham Forest and Birmingham, should be capable of a better ratio up here, would need to be on no more than a 2 year deal though. 

40 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

"The purse strings" Hearts should have enough cash to get players that are required

We're a bit desperado for a striker and they don't grow on trees. Lyle Taylor has a good scoring record. He's massively experienced, still quick, good attitude as he's captained sides. Aye, he'd do a job for us. Might even be a master stroke. 

I'd rather an experienced head to replace Boycie than some wee laddie from a reserve team. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Varies. Italy always used to let footballers in comparatively easily (nothing to do with the president owning a football team). May still do. 

Spain did or does allow South Americans in more easily than uk (like uk did with us/Canada/oz. 

Now we have taken back control I don’t think we have that many reciprocal agreements with anybody and the system is completely overloaded as a result.  

weegie jambo

Good experienced striker. The internet has a good few links to him signing with Birmingham. I'd take him!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***