*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Louis Moult hahahahahha no chance. He’s hardly kick a ball the past 4 seasons. Playing in league one too. 

0% chance surely 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

We would be better going with what we have than signing Moult, pure panic merchant stuff considering a joker like him 

If he ends up here in any shape or form his agent has had our pants down 

Just now, gedster said:

Lewis Moult FFS, what next, Cole Stockton to the rescue..

Maybe we don’t actually  have the funds that many of us believe we have

Im all for quality over quantity, but we are desperate for bodies, I’d hate to look back at the end of the season and realise we have missed a genuine opportunity to kick on and move away significantly from all of the other non OF teams 

4 minutes ago, gedster said:

Lewis Moult FFS, what next, Cole Stockton to the rescue..

Cole Stockton apparently on the verge of a £600K* move from his current League One club after a 25 goal season last year. Which goes to show the quality required in League One strikers (which is why I really hope that Hibs sign McKirdy - he'll make Doidge look like Pele).

* according to the papers.

Signing Moult and leaving Henderson sidelined. What a truly awful piece of business that would be. Not happening IMO at least I hope not.

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Don't agree with this. He was a good player that consistently averaged a goal every other game for them for 2.5 years. 15 league goals in his first season, 15 in his second and 8 in his last half-season.

My issue is that he's been constantly injured from then until about 6 months ago and isn't getting a game at Burton. Looks like injuries have finished him.

Yeah it looks that way  He's not the same player he was at Motherwell. He's hardly kicked a ball in 3 seasons. He's nowhere near SPL level now, nevermind Hearts. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

We would be better going with what we have than signing Moult, pure panic merchant stuff considering a joker like him 

If he ends up here in any shape or form his agent has had our pants down 

I'm feeling the same be as well allowing McKenzie Kirk or the like from the under 19s to deputise for shankland 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Port Vale have offered £150,000 for Morecambe striker Cole Stockton, according to reporter and transfer expert Alan Nixon.

He reports the Vale’s bid should put them ahead of Fleetwood and Shrewsbury in the race to sign the striker, but still falls well short of Morecambe’s minimum £600,000 valuation. He says ‘Port Vale have made a £150,000 bid for Morecambe striker Cole Stockton in a final effort to land their top target’.

Beat me to it! :)

If Louis Moult signs, then the whole quality over quantity mantra has gone out of the window eh. 

Clock’s ticking Savage and co. Squad very light. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Signing Moult and leaving Henderson sidelined. What a truly awful piece of business that would be. Not happening IMO at least I hope not.

Based on what?

What has Henderson done to justify being a regular starter with Boyce out?

Moult scored around 30 league goals in 2 seasons with Motherwell. 

He's had his injury problems but so has Boyce. So did Sow. Others as well we have brought in who were looking to get back on track. Some worked some didn't.

Edited by Bauld

It’s a squad game and if he stays fit he could be a decent option for us. Scored goals here before the question mark is over his fitness issues seems to have had a horrendous time down south. 

If what we anticipated doing before Boyce got injured still gets done plus Moult then you can understand it. Doesn't replace Boyce on a like for like basis by dropping in and linking the play etc. 

Would be a bit of a strange one. Options probably fairly limited and time isn't on our side. Expect any incomings to be UK based at this late stage. 

Failure to replace Souttar just over 24 hours before end of window is really difficult to comprehend.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Carter said:

If what we anticipated doing before Boyce got injured still gets done plus Moult then you can understand it. Doesn't replace Boyce on a like for like basis by dropping in and linking the play etc. 

Would be a bit of a strange one. Options probably fairly limited and time isn't on our side. Expect any incomings to be UK based at this late stage. 

Failure to replace Souttar just over 24 hours before end of window is really difficult to comprehend.

We've replaced Souttar with an Australian International who has been sensational but sadly he is out for 8 weeks.

29 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If Moult is back up for Boyce and we have another target, then fair enough.  If its not, then what have our recruitment team being doing past few weeks, there must be better out there, Aberdeen seem to have found a decent striker.

We’ve had numerous knock backs. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

It’s a squad game and if he stays fit he could be a decent option for us. Scored goals here before the question mark is over his fitness issues seems to have had a horrendous time down south. 

Don't you feel that his agent is trying to pull a rabbit out a hat for him, looking for a desperate mug to give him a way out  

He us clearly finished now , without a doubt 

All his Xmases will have came at once if we bite 

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If Moult is back up for Boyce and we have another target, then fair enough.  If its not, then what have our recruitment team being doing past few weeks, there must be better out there, Aberdeen seem to have found a decent striker.

Did I dream we spent at least half a million on Shankland or is he not decent?

Shankland is the #1 striker. 

IF Moult signs, he will not play every game, far from it. He will be utilised as a squad player, I’d be willing to put my mortgage on that. 

Nelly Terraces

Very much hope this is just idle speculation, as getting Moult would be an utter waste of time. There's absolutely no point in replacing what you currently have with far less quality, just for the sake of it.

Can’t see us signing Moult. I do think there was genuine interest before though, The Sun making an educated guess would be my own guess. 

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Very much hope this is just idle speculation, as getting Moult would be an utter waste of time. There's absolutely no point in replacing what you currently have with far less quality, just for the sake of it.

I agree. Go with what we have if that’s all that we can manage but I doubt the story is right. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Can’t see us signing Moult. I do think there was genuine interest before though, The Sun making an educated guess would be my own guess. 

Hope so!! 

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:spoton:

He'd probably be out for 6 months after his first training session. Would be an absolute waste of time.

Drew Wallace
On 08/02/2022 at 21:34, Guest ToqueJambo said:

One thing's for sure, we know Savage is already working away on some targets.

Mon that’s to sensible stick to repetitive unfunny patter that’s the way to go 😜

If we sign Moult then I will trust the coaching staff on this one over the usual moaners on kickback. It’s a forced signing if nothing else due to the weekends injury’s, I would be hoping to sign another forward on top of that one, if he does sign then I hope he shuts all the doom mongers on here up. 

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Based on what?

What has Henderson done to justify being a regular starter with Boyce out?

Moult scored around 30 league goals in 2 seasons with Motherwell

He's had his injury problems but so has Boyce. So did Sow. Others as well we have brought in who were looking to get back on track. Some worked some didn't.

Aye, 5 years ago ffs. :lol:

Just now, Cruyff said:

Aye, 5 years ago ffs. :lol:

So the last time he played in this league then? He's only 30 so age isn't an issue.

People on here can't decide if he's shite because they can't remember him or if he's shite because he's had a bad injury.

If he's fit now and ready to play. Passes any medical. 

That's good enough for me.

Stendelnator

Have to laugh at people saying because it’s in the Sun, it can’t be taken seriously but these same people will jump on the dick of some random bloke in a pub saying their mate knows about a player having a medical and is being announced that day

Just now, Bauld said:

So the last time he played in this league then? He's only 30 so age isn't an issue.

People on here can't decide if he's shite because they can't remember him or if he's shite because he's had a bad injury.

Or he's shite because he can't get a look in at Burton Albion , Burton ****in Albion  

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Hibs were in the league Cup?

Never saw them last night.

:pleasing:

Didn't realise that Hibs were in the league cup this year ;)

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bauld said:

Folk on here in coo coo land. They seem to think “quality” means every single player we sign comes from a bigger league. 

I’m with you. If Moult is fit, he will be an asset for us. 

It was only last week folk were screaming out for a bit of physicality up the top end of the pitch. Short memories. 

Leveins Battalion

Something doesn't stack up,we've just spent £350 k on an area of the park we are already pretty strong in.

No chance we are not signing a quality striker,we needed one before Boyces injury and we will get one.I think we have the cash for this.

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Have to laugh at people saying because it’s in the Sun, it can’t be taken seriously but these same people will jump on the dick of some random bloke in a pub saying their mate knows about a player having a medical and is being announced that day

The sun up here usually not too far away with transfer rumours.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

He's done mate. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Or he's shite because he can't get a look in at Burton Albion , Burton ****in Albion  

Is that because of him not being good enough?

Personal issues at the club? 

I bet within 5 minutes I could find loads of players we've signed who were at a club that would consider Hearts a step up but were not getting any game time there.

Just now, PapaShango said:

The sun up here usually not too far away with transfer rumours.

I’m afraid you are right, the Sun gets far more of there football exclusives correct than all the other newspapers, it’s a shit newspaper but people are loath to admit they do get it spot on regularly when it comes to transfer stories

Just now, jbee647 said:

I’m afraid you are right, the Sun gets far more of there football exclusives correct than all the other newspapers, it’s a shit newspaper but people are loath to admit they do get it spot on regularly when it comes to transfer stories

They are usually on the ball regarding us. 

I'm happy with Moult so long as another striker follows. He can't be the replacement for Boyce.

fabienleclerq

If we sign moult it'd need to be pay as you play or a loan we can terminate. 

Even at that I don't think he's what's required. 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We started so well with transfers. But as I said before. Our penny pinching is going to hurt us.

penny pinching

or perhaps 

working within a budget  !

Just now, Homme said:

I'm happy with Moult so long as another striker follows. He can't be the replacement for Boyce.

This !

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, Homme said:

Henderson may now get his chance until January 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Is that because of him not being good enough?

Personal issues at the club? 

I bet within 5 minutes I could find loads of players we've signed who were at a club that would consider Hearts a step up but were not getting any game time there.

Burton are desperate for points , they have not had a win in 6 and are sitting bottom of league 1 

I'll be absolutely astonished if he ends up here 

A 30 year old injury prone player who can't get a game for a team sitting bottom on league 1  

His agent will have worked a miracle if they get him up here .

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We started so well with transfers. But as I said before. Our penny pinching is going to hurt us.

You’ve got to remember paying new players well over the odds can seriously upset the apple cart. I was in the company of an ex Dunfermline player who explained the team went to shit under Paton when they brought in a bunch of players on way over the wage the guys who’d won promotion were on. Things aren’t always as straightforward as they seem. 

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have probably spent over a million on transfer fees so far this summer. Can't say that very offen

Jamboscanbevicius

A fit Moult could be a very shrewd signing. But I am not sure that there has been a fit Moult for a few years, and I very much doubt we are the club to break that cycle. I think we would likely be burning budget for very few appearances.

Callum P would be immense but unfortunately I doubt that will happen.

More likely we end up with a 20 y/o from Everton/Brighton etc on loan 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***