• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Never thought I'd say it but I'm not impressed with us after Moult.    We're clearly done to bare bones on our search for a striker.    Decent backup I suppose. 

I hope we get at least a decent forward to replace Boyce. 

Struggling to see where Moult fits into the "as good as or better than we already have" thing. I mean is he really that much better than Henderson that we'd stump up a transfer fee and what will probably be a half decent wage?? Surely there's got to be better out there??

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why are Hibs mentioned in every single article we are when it comes to players?

Moult would be a shrewd signing. Not a wow factor but he’ll score 10-15 in our team once he gets going. 

You think so?? Has done absolutely nowt at Burton Albion, even before his injury (and has barely kicked a ball in 2 and a half seasons).

An easy comparison is Boyce who was has very mixed reviews amongst our support, but had at least scored a few for them before coming here. 

Sorry. Don't see any value what so ever in signing someone like Moult. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Place is an absolute cesspit for folk who’ve never kicked a ball thinking they know better than those in charge. 

If the club want Moult they must see something in him. 

Have we been linked with Moult or is it just folk being daft on here?

Moult, out of favour at bottom of the table League One side Burton.

He really isn't the standard of signing I'd expected us to be going for now 😐

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sun reporting it. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Struggling to see where Moult fits into the "as good as or better than we already have" thing. I mean is he really that much better than Henderson that we'd stump up a transfer fee and what will probably be a half decent wage?? Surely there's got to be better out there??

You think so?? Has done absolutely nowt at Burton Albion, even before his injury (and has barely kicked a ball in 2 and a half season).

An easy comparison is Boyce who was getting slated a couple of weeks ago and had at least scored a few for them before coming here... 

I mentioned Moult way back weeks/months ago on this thread without so much as a bite. He had a habit of scoring goals against the Old Firm, had a fantastic scoring record at Motherwell. A serious injury wrecked his time at Preston. Then more health issues. Done nothing of note since but if he's getting back to full fitness, I for one won't be disappointed at this signing. I trust those that matter are happy with his fitness, so it's a thumbs up from me. 

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He was linked a while back but think got injured not long after. Very injury prone 

I made a joke above.

Most clubs want “better than they have” but people need to stop believing Hearts can strictly live by that process.   It was becoming a bit pretentious. 

Sometimes you need to lower expectations(not too much!) and take players who can be useful, esp this close to the window closing. 

Maybe lessons learned though?  To have one natural striker available at this point isn’t really good enough.  We got away with it from January to May with just Boyce and Simms.  

I think if you're looking at signing 4 players in a couple of days, one of which is to replace an unexpected long-term absentee, they're not all likely to be quality. That's pretty much inevitable unfortunately.

Louis Moult would be desperate stuff, though. Can't get a game at Burton and has done his knee at least twice since leaving Motherwell.

Edited by DC_92

Churchill Barrier
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Quality over quantity......Louis Moult 😂

If Moult is back up for Boyce and we have another target, then fair enough.  If its not, then what have our recruitment team being doing past few weeks, there must be better out there, Aberdeen seem to have found a decent striker.

Edited by Churchill Barrier
Spelling

2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I mentioned Moult way back weeks/months ago on this thread without so much as a bite. He had a habit of scoring goals against the Old Firm, had a fantastic scoring record at Motherwell. A serious injury wrecked his time at Preston. Then more health issues. Done nothing of note since but if he's getting back to full fitness, I for one won't be disappointed at this signing. I trust those that matter are happy with his fitness, so it's a thumbs up from me. 

I'll give everyone a chance but its a very underwhelming name to be linked with based on what Robbie has been saying in the press. 

Can Moult stay fit 

That's my worry 

No scored In a while, would take weeks/month to get to a starter place for me 

do we have a month to get someone up to speed 

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If Moult is back up for Boyce and we have another target, then fair enough.  If its not, then what have our recrutnent team being doing past fee weeks, there must be better out there, Aberdeen seem to have found a decent striker.

Correct. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'll give everyone a chance but its a very underwhelming name to be linked with based on what Robbie has been saying in the press. 

He would do well against lower table dross on a sunday. 

gorgierulesapply88
5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

sure Katic has been mentioned previously, not that there was ever any chance..

The big centre half Zurich had and Katic beside him could prove a shrewd bit business for them.

4 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If Moult is back up for Boyce and we have another target, then fair enough.  If its not, then what have our recruitment team being doing past few weeks, there must be better out there, Aberdeen seem to have found a decent striker.

Aye. I’ve no complaints over some of the signings we’ve made, they’ve been very good, it’s just the thought process towards squad building?

Its irked me since January that we only ever seem to have 2 , what we’d deem, natural strikers. Now one, with Boyce injured. 

Ginnelly is a stop gap and does a good job but I don’t have him in the CF bracket.  

Hope this is just agent talk trying to drum up interest in his players.

Moult is nowhere near the standard we should be looking at. Also why would you replace someone who has just had a major knee injury with someone who has he multiple knee injuries in the past 5 years?!

LarrysRightFoot

Let’s wait and see who we sign. Not saying we aren’t after Moult, I’m just not convinced we are just because it’s in the Sun. 

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Moult 8 goals in his last 50 games 🥴

yeah but seemingly puts a shift in 😜

14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Moult would be a good addition to the squad i think. Not guaranteed a start every week thoguh.

We need someone that does start every week . Might as well play Gino or Henderson 

6 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Can Moult stay fit 

That's my worry 

No scored In a while, would take weeks/month to get to a starter place for me 

do we have a month to get someone up to speed 

14 games in the last 2 and a half years that gives me the fear 

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Moult is nowhere near the standard we should be looking at. Also why would you replace someone who has just had a major knee injury with someone who has he multiple knee injuries in the past 5 years?!

This

17 minutes ago, gov said:

Sam is happily living the dream in America, not a chance he would come back 😂

apologies, should have made it more obvious that it was a tongue in cheek suggestion as every other 'former player bingo's suggestion had been commented on

2 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20220831-163131_Firefox.thumb.jpg.ace360f707fa584fc33548b7df4ae86f.jpg

Moult is 30 now and seems like his knees are maybe susceptible. Can't see us being interested, but happy to be proven wrong.

You know a player's injury prone when they've been out of action for more days than there were in the year ;)

BackOfTheNet

Moult? Really? Remember when we thought he might be signing before because he followed Hearts on Instagram or something? IF he’s to sign then it better be followed with something not as underwhelming.

Churchill Barrier
2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Im sure we will be told,

Bit of a coup getting him, proven scorer in our league, other clubs in for him,.so delighted to get it over the line.

Or something like that...

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Let’s wait and see who we sign. Not saying we aren’t after Moult, I’m just not convinced we are just because it’s in the Sun. 

Can’t possibly be after him unless he is free and paid by Burton. We just get him fit again and see if he is any good. 

What's the problem?

Has scored in this league before. Experienced. Works hard for the team even if not scoring.

Sounds like for like with Boyce. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A proper carthorse. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Still making a living off a purple patch at Motherwell umpteen years ago. 

Don't agree with this. He was a good player that consistently averaged a goal every other game for them for 2.5 years. 15 league goals in his first season, 15 in his second and 8 in his last half-season.

My issue is that he's been constantly injured from then until about 6 months ago and isn't getting a game at Burton. Looks like injuries have finished him.

Wonder if the people throwing their toys out of the pram over the prospect of Nouble signing, would be happy with Moult signing instead?

Personally, would prefer Nouble from the limited games I’ve seen of him.

Phil D. Corners

Fair play to Savage. 

Last seasons Moult signing stories got me excited. This season it feels underwhelming when I look what we got already. 

Savage has my trust. 👌🏻

1 minute ago, gedster said:

Lewis Moult FFS, what next, Cole Stockton to the rescue..

Port Vale have offered £150,000 for Morecambe striker Cole Stockton, according to reporter and transfer expert Alan Nixon.

He reports the Vale’s bid should put them ahead of Fleetwood and Shrewsbury in the race to sign the striker, but still falls well short of Morecambe’s minimum £600,000 valuation. He says ‘Port Vale have made a £150,000 bid for Morecambe striker Cole Stockton in a final effort to land their top target’.

Stendelnator
7 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Im sure we will be told,

Bit of a coup getting him, proven scorer in our league, other clubs in for him,.so delighted to get it over the line.

Or something like that...

“Overwhelmed to get this done”

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***