Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who to listen to on this? Craig Gordon, Hearts fan and Hearts legend or someone all over the forum encouraging Hearts fans to boo their own team in a. crucial match?

I’ll go with the skipper I think. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"to boo their own team"..... that's very very false, maybe I'm not being clear.

Cheer the team.

Cheer the legends of Gordon, Halkett, Smith and Kingsley.

Boo the rat.

As I said earlier, do you have a special boo only John Souttar can hear? How exactly do you think doing that will help us win this game FFS. Each to their own but as a Hearts fan with an interest in us winning it's very futile and self-defeating.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

One question that may not of been asked is, how would those who have a problem with fans who boo feel if we had sold John To them midway through the season. Would it be ok if you booed him out an about or whatever it may be. The goodie two shoes attitude doesn't fit into things at all, it stinks of Craig Levein type mentality. We may still get money for John, that is yet to be decided. If John was to be transfered directly to them then i would still have a major issue no matter how much it is. £100M smackeroonies wouldn't soften the blow of one of our players going ot play for the main competition in the league midway through the season. How is that even acceptable in any situation. So what would the thinking be if we sold John to them for lets say £650,000

Boo him when he's in blue FFS. I will.

I’d think it’s safe to assume also as good as it would be to cup tie him I think we could kiss goodbye to any decent fee from the rangers if we did. 

6 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

One question that may not of been asked is, how would those who have a problem with fans who boo feel if we had sold John To them midway through the season. Would it be ok if you booed him out an about or whatever it may be. The goodie two shoes attitude doesn't fit into things at all, it stinks of Craig Levein type mentality. We may still get money for John, that is yet to be decided. If John was to be transfered directly to them then i would still have a major issue no matter how much it is. £100M smackeroonies wouldn't soften the blow of one of our players going ot play for the main competition in the league midway through the season. How is that even acceptable in any situation. So what would the thinking be if we sold John to them for lets say £650,000

If we sold Souttar to the Huns for 100 million everyone would be having a party. You are completely missing the point. I ain’t happy with it at all but the point some are making is that by showing our feelings could have a damaging negative effect on the squad. 
Gordon has already said that if there is fan backlash the players will rally round him 

it doesn’t then become the support Vs souttar, it becomes the support Vs the squad 

A distraction that we just don’t need right now 

All that said, he looked out for himself and could have went about this a different way if he really wanted to try and give the club something back 

Bottom line 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I’d think it’s safe to assume also as good as it would be to cup tie him I think we could kiss goodbye to any decent fee from the rangers if we did. 

I doubt if Rangers would give a shiny shite if he was cup tied. 

6 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

x5 his current salary plus a huge sign on fee which basically equates to a years salary on new deal.

Pretty confidential information - are you Souttar’s agent? 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Could've been worse at least it's not hobbos or the Tim's he's signed for.its chip paper news now.no one is bigger than HMFC let's get behind the rest of the boys tonight and get 3 points,so we can all have a laugh at the hobbits.im peeved off like the rest he's signed for the Huns,.c'mon lads it's about time we show them we will be a major force in Scottish football,that's the best way to get back at them take their prize  money hit where it hurts,then we can buy who we want when we want.savage has spent good and wisely for what we have to spend..FFS were sitting 3rd after the last couple of seasons I will take that anyday,,we are hearts,the jambos,the boys in maroon we are HMFC..get out there and give it some,,we run from no-one HHGH

I'm amazed Celtic didn't go for him given how bad Starfelt looks but they do have previous for being blind to good players right on their doorstep.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I won’t argue with anyone who boos him or gives him abuse, he’s obviously making the move that he feels will benefit him. But he deserves it.

If you want Hearts to win you should, because they're only helping the opposition by doing it.

4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Thanks for backing me up on that Toque.  Hopefully we'll all come to our senses come kick-off.

Nobody is going to boo the team, where is the evidence that the team will be booed, it’s Souttar that many will single out to be booed is it not. My worry about tonight is fan unrest caused by arguments regarding Souttar as well as the other Hearts players being affected by the negative atmosphere that could be toxic, let’s hope Neilson wakes up to the situation and pulls Souttar out of the squad.

wentworth jambo

**** Sevco and **** Souttar....we looked after him through major injury troubles - now he appears to be through them, he's off at the first opportunity that one of the uglies show a bit of interest. Good player (Nothing more than that) but an incredibly stupid boy - how many have trod the M8 from east to west and been more than a benchwarmer - not many. Fair play to anyone who boos him....that's why Levein will always be a club legend in my eyes and Souttar never will be - after his serious injury Levein still had chances to leave but publicly stated "How can I leave after the way Hearts have looked after me"...

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm amazed Celtic didn't go for him given how bad Starfelt looks but they do have previous for being blind to good players right on their doorstep.

probably have someone lined up from the J-League 🤣

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If we sold Souttar to the Huns for 100 million everyone would be having a party. You are completely missing the point. I ain’t happy with it at all but the point some are making is that by showing our feelings could have a damaging negative effect on the squad. 
Gordon has already said that if there is fan backlash the players will rally round him 

it doesn’t then become the support Vs souttar, it becomes the support Vs the squad 

All that said, he looked out for himself and could have went about this a different way if he really wanted to try and give the club something back 

Bottom line 

I was asking a difference of scenario, i have made a tonne of comments since friday. Went from being a crazed psycho drunk and disorderly ( in the house ) to calming down over the last 24 hours. I didn't ask for one of our players to be part of the game to undermine us. I posted and video on Gordons comments and have stated my intention to support John. I was calling him Dopey for a couple of days . as it goes with Soapy. Not once have i forgotten who i support, i will not be booing neither will i be judging. We again suffer due to others.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty confidential information - are you Souttar’s agent? 🤔

Or a Hun in disguise?🤔

5 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

No idea. Rangers just got £12m in so perhaps £500k sign on, potential £500k transfer and look to sell on at some point. Who knows.

In response to your other point, I’m a long time viewer but heard through family so thought I’d sign up and post. 

“Who knows”??   I thought you DID know? 😏

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Nobody is going to boo the team, where is the evidence that the team will be booed, it’s Souttar that many will single out to be booed is it not. My worry about tonight is fan unrest caused by arguments regarding Souttar as well as the other Hearts players being affected by the negative atmosphere that could be toxic, let’s hope Neilson wakes up to the situation and pulls Souttar out of the squad.

It's a team game that's the point.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Anyone booing Souttar is effectively booing the team.  Didn’t our captain say as much?

During the game I mean. 

Wtf is going on, I’m agreeing with Toque Jambo today!😳

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

4 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

**** Sevco and **** Souttar....we looked after him through major injury troubles - now he appears to be through them, he's off at the first opportunity that one of the uglies show a bit of interest. Good player (Nothing more than that) but an incredibly stupid boy - how many have trod the M8 from east to west and been more than a benchwarmer - not many. Fair play to anyone who boos him....that's why Levein will always be a club legend in my eyes and Souttar never will be - after his serious injury Levein still had chances to leave but publicly stated "How can I leave after the way Hearts have looked after me"...

That is rubbish! Show me where Levein made that comment!

Nobody made an offer for Levein due to his injuries and that’s why he stayed at Hearts. If a big offer had come in he would be off like a shot - just like when Leicester appeared when he was Manager! 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I doubt if Rangers would give a shiny shite if he was cup tied. 

Disagree mate. If they want him now they will want him available for all there games. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Anyone booing Souttar is effectively booing the team.  Didn’t our captain say as much?

No - he said Souttar should be congratulated for coming back after two serious injuries. The headline totally mis-represented his comments.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Exactly where I'm at. Booing WILL happen if he's in the ground. Why would we chance a toxic atmosphere when we really don't have to? Leave him out. We're really not THAT short of a decent player for his position. Lunacy to chance it when we're beginning to look good and trying to solidify 3rd spot.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That is rubbish! Show me where Levein made that comment!

Nobody made an offer for Levein due to his injuries and that’s why he stayed at Hearts. If a big offer had come in he would be off like a shot - just like when Leicester appeared when he was Manager! 

Levein has a lot to answer, sick boy should shut it.

31 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"to boo their own team"..... that's very very false, maybe I'm not being clear.

Cheer the team.

Cheer the legends of Gordon, Halkett, Smith and Kingsley.

Boo the rat.

Legends?

I’ll give you CG but Kingsley has been here 5 mins and the other two regularly get slated on here 

FWIW I wouldn’t play Souttar again 

15 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gordon has already said that if there is fan backlash the players will rally round him

Bottom line 

Show me where Gordon said that please

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

No - he said Souttar should be congratulated for coming back after two serious injuries. The headline totally mis-represented his comments.

Didn’t he also say if the fans turned on Souttar that the players would rally round to support him?  So, then it’s the whole team against the fans.  It won’t end well. 

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

I was asking a difference of scenario, i have made a tonne of comments since friday. Went from being a crazed psycho drunk and disorderly ( in the house ) to calming down over the last 24 hours. I didn't ask for one of our players to be part of the game to undermine us. I posted and video on Gordons comments and have stated my intention to support John. I was calling him Dopey for a couple of days . as it goes with Soapy. Not once have i forgotten who i support, i will not be booing neither ill i be judging. We again suffer due to others.

Point 1, the rule needs changed in Scotland that Pre contracts can’t be agreed in the middle of the season, with rivals in the main league. It doesn’t happen down South for the very reason that we find ourselves in now 

Point 2, as someone said earlier, Souttar has literally dropped a bomb in the changing room and we should be going all out to get him out of there, and pronto 

Point 3, Sevco are a Shitehouse institution who try their utmost to do deals like this on the cheap,  not to benefit them, but more to damage their rivals in the same league and to take advantage and weaken anyone who looks like they could become a threat to them 

Point 4, Europe should be the full focus of our attentions and Squad unrest needs to be avoided at all costs. Boo him by all means but doing it if he plays for us between now and the end of the season could have a negative effect on our performances. Better wait until he pulls on their shirt for the first time, then let him have it 

Fair enough re your previous post 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Didn’t he also say if the fans turned on Souttar that the players would rally round to support him?  So, then it’s the whole team against the fans.  It won’t end well. 

Maybe I missed that “rally round” comment - can somebody post it here.

Quite simply anyone who boos is very simple minded 

listen to Craig Gordon and Robbie neilson - 2 people who know John far better than anyone on here - he has their support

So support our team - don’t boo an individual- it can only result in something negative - not positive 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Regardless of what anyone says, even our great Captain, emotions are running high with regards to Souttar and there is going to be a lot of booing i suspect.

Lets just hope it does not affect the team to much but it will undoubtedly have some negative effect.

Just now, Boyces beard said:

Regardless of what anyone says, even our great Captain, emotions are running high with regards to Souttar and there is going to be a lot of booing i suspect.

Lets just hope it does not affect the team to much but it will undoubtedly have some negative effect.

So why do it at all?  If people genuinely want what’s best for hearts tonight then they won’t boo 

If i wasn't working tonight I'd be cheering the other 10 players on the park and going silent for ratboy. I don't do booing. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I don’t think he said that either. Gave a lot of support to JS but also expect him to get a bit of stick and all the players were In it together rather than rally round. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

“This team will continue to improve and that’s just the way it is. I’m sure the rest of the team will get round him if there is any negativity and make sure we win the game. It’s not about one player. It’s about winning this match.”

Why wouldn't they? They're a team and they're all Souttar's pals, which makes the idea that he will deliberately under-perform or be a liability and let them down, nevermind letting fans down, ridiculous. 

The point is the players should be focused on the game not helping Souttar through it because of fans getting on his back.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, The Tackle said:

If i wasn't working tonight I'd be cheering the other 10 players on the park and going silent for ratboy. I don't do booing. 

As it should be and any genuine hearts fan would do too 

6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Point 1, the rule needs changed in Scotland that Pre contracts can’t be agreed in the middle of the season, with rivals in the main league. It doesn’t happen down South for the very reason that we find ourselves in now 

Point 2, as someone said earlier, Souttar has literally dropped a bomb in the changing room and we should be going all out to get him out of there, and pronto 

Point 3, Sevco are a Shitehouse institution who try their utmost to do deals like this on the cheap,  not to benefit them, but more to damage their rivals in the same league and to take advantage and weaken anyone who looks like they could become a threat to them 

Point 4, Europe should be the full focus of our attentions and Squad unrest needs to be avoided at all costs. Boo him by all means but doing it if he plays for us between now and the end of the season could have a negative effect on our performances. Better wait until he pulls on their shirt for the first time, then let him have it 

Fair enough re your previous post 

Well said, everything about it stinks, have said a lot about the situation. Not going to boo or eff and blind about it. All i am doing is howling at the wind on here. Taking the opportunity to raise my heckles and then hopeful of some comforting words. Like Hearts agree a sum of money for Souttar to Rangers right away. That solves it.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Well said, everything about it stinks, have said a lot about the situation. Not going to boo or eff and blind about it. All i am doing is howling at the wind on here. Taking the opportunity to raise my heckles and then hopeful of some comforting words. Like Hearts agree a sum of money for Suottar to Rangers right away. That solves it.

It's for Rangers to agree to our fee.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Legends?

I’ll give you CG but Kingsley has been here 5 mins and the other two regularly get slated on here 

FWIW I wouldn’t play Souttar again 

Stretched it at Kingsley, I agree!

Smith has been a regular top performer since he came in, I'll never slate him, he's come to Edinburgh, committed himself here and performed very well.  He's settled himself and the family down and had plenty opportunities to leave, but hasn't been greedy or he'd have been away years ago.

“This team will continue to improve and that’s just the way it is. I’m sure the rest of the team will get round him if there is any negativity and make sure we win the game. It’s not about one player. It’s about winning this match.”

Why wouldn't they? They're a team and they're all Souttar's pals, which makes the idea that he will deliberately under-perform or be a liability and let them down, nevermind letting fans down, ridiculous. 

The post is the players should be focused on the game not helping Souttar through it because of fans getting on his back.

Correct ...which is why he shouldn't play. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The point is the players should be focused on the game not helping Souttar through it because of fans getting on his back.

Cheers

The Wrinkly Ninja

The post is the players should be focused on the game not helping Souttar through it because of fans getting on his back.

So people can boo Soutter and get the point they feel they need to get across over and the rest of the team will ensure that we will win the match.

CG blows your booing harms the team argument out of the water.

Let the booing commence and 3 points are in the bag.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Armageddon said:

Stretched it at Kingsley, I agree!

Smith has been a regular top performer since he came in, I'll never slate him, he's come to Edinburgh, committed himself here and performed very well.  He's settled himself and the family down and had plenty opportunities to leave, but hasn't been greedy or he'd have been away years ago.

Souttar has been at Hearts longer than Smith and has played about the same amount of times and at a similar or better level. Just sayin'. It's not like he's been here a year and blatantly used us as a stepping stone. It stings because it's Rangers but folk need to just deal with it without hurting the team any more than his departure might, which I don't think it will to a huge degree.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

So people can boo Soutter and get the point they feel they need to get across over and the rest of the team will ensure that we will win the match.

CG blows your booing harms the team argument out of the water.

Let the booing commence and 3 points are in the bag.

No he doesn't because instead of being focused on the game, he has said very clearly the rest of the players will be distracted by it and have to compensate for it.