Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Booed him when his name was read out on the team sheet and as he left the pitch, I think that sufficed, for me anyway. Still can’t wait to see him leave. 

I'm booing a picture of him right now.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Johnny Sandiego
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

What do you hope to achieve exactly? We've had many players play for us with no intention of signing a new deal and knowing where they're going to go next. The difference is Rangers decided to announce it to force the issue. Booing is just playing into their hands.

I wanted to let Souttar know he is no longer fit to wear the Hearts jersey, and let Neilson know that playing a guy who opts to sign for a rival mid season is not acceptable. 

Booing is playing into no ones hands, its simply making a vocal protest.

wattie exploited

I still think he should have signed a extension so we get proper money for him  for that he deserved to be booed but I think he now knows  he must play 110 %  great or the booing will get worse !

thought he played well and as long as he plays well for hearts and we get into Europe then great :rifle:

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Didnt hear anyone boo a Hearts player. I heard plenty boos towards a Rangers player though.

No one was "losing their shit" either to be honest. Was just a clear message that signing for a rival mid-season is not acceptable.

The complete mental cases who decided to clap him are the ones who have properly lost their shit. A bunch of moronic seals if you ask me.

Agreed. 

If folk want to clap him I suggest they invest in a season ticket at Ibrox next year. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Didnt hear anyone boo a Hearts player. I heard plenty boos towards a Rangers player though.

No one was "losing their shit" either to be honest. Was just a clear message that signing for a rival mid-season is not acceptable.

The complete mental cases who decided to clap him are the ones who have properly lost their shit. A bunch of moronic seals if you ask me.

Spot on. 

They still going to be cheering him when he's playing for them next season? Oh well done John, great game, thanks for beating us clap clap clap... 

**** John Souttar. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For the whole 90 minutes when he barely put a foot wrong?  Most fans support their team, maybe have a moan or the odd boo at half time or full time but it takes a special kind of moron to boo one of your player’s every single touch for 90 minutes.

Of course I forgot Souttar is the first player to ever sign a pre contract for Rangers.  Well he must be judging by the overreaction on here and at Tynie tonight right?

Souttar was poor. He's not able to win the close challenges. Maybe he doesn't have the bottle. 

He can do the simple things well but is out of his depth when it gets tougher. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Johnny Sandiego
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You make it sound like fans were supporting Souttar. No-one clapped Souttar when the boo-ers finally ran out of puff.

The fans who clapped Souttar were 100% supporting him. I would also guarentee if those seals hadn't clapped then the booing would have stopped long before it did.

It was a crazy decision by Neilson to play him and the fans had every right to vent their frustration.

The booing was an unnecessary distraction and I hope the kids have got it out their system now.

There will be plenty of opportunities to boo Souttar in the coming years…..let’s get behind the whole team now.

Having a defender possibly distracted by the constant booing or abuse from the stands isn’t going to do us any good.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I wanted to let Souttar know he is no longer fit to wear the Hearts jersey, and let Neilson know that playing a guy who opts to sign for a rival mid season is not acceptable. 

Booing is playing into no ones hands, its simply making a vocal protest.

And so you'd rather strengthen that rival by giving in to their underhand tactics to force a move as soon as possible, weakening us in the process? The only club the boo boys are helping is Rangers.

If we get the fee we want great, let him go. If not, I'd rather not give a good player to a rival mid season or pay him a good wage to sit on the sidelines. Playing him and sticking to our guns on the fee sends out a message that we won't be messed around.

Edited by ToqueJambo

way out west jambo

1st 10 minutes Souttar’s trying to take a free kick around the half way line and there’s fans trying to put him off taking the free kick during his run up (0-0 at this point as well) 🤦🏼‍♂️

It was embarrassing tonight, call that supporting your team by booing your own player?

Fair enough, boo when his name is read out, even boo his first touch to express your disappointment, but the whole game?  Section N even indulged in a bit to "Souttar GTF" and followed it up with "Hullo Hullo", brainless morons.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And so you'd rather strengthen that rival by giving in to their underhand tactics to force a move as soon as possible, weakening us in the process? The only club the boo boys are helping is Rangers.

If we get the fee we want great, let him go. If not, I'd rather not give a good player to a rival mid season or pay him a good wage to sit on the sidelines. Playing him and sticking to our guns on the fee sends out a message that we won't be messed around.

This is spot on. It’s a game of chess now. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Get him to **** for 25k. In  fact, we could pay them to remove the toxic smell. I mean,, I don't give a monkeys for Hearts finances. It's important Rangers get their man cheap and early 👍

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Don't come back to Tynie

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Either way you're in for a treat. 

You Can pretend to enjoy the success led by Bob or go mental on the team selection after a bad result. 

You’ve played that card too often Tosh - it was pish first time and it’s still pish!

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm booing a picture of him right now.

Brilliant.  😂😂😂😂

Don't support the booing but I'm very disappointed in him.

Johnny Sandiego
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nope, let him rot on the bench if we dont get the fee we want. That would be a far stronger message to any players who want to do this in the future. 

To play him is weak and spineless if you ask me.

The fans who clapped Souttar were 100% supporting him. I would also guarentee if those seals hadn't clapped then the booing would have stopped long before it did.

It was a crazy decision by Neilson to play him and the fans had every right to vent their frustration.

So As well as getting shafted by Souttar and the Orcs we also get shafted paying him for 6 months for sitting on his fat proverbial. Does that really make any sense ?.

Save the seethe for when he returns with the flute band and give him dogs abuse as you see fit. We have a real chance of getting a European spot this season and if the club choose to play him and in order to help us get there then that's fine.

If we didn't have to pay him, fair enough, put him on the bench to rot, but that's not the case.  Come the end of the season he will be a hun and at that point I couldn't care less about him. Until that point he is our bitch and seen as Europe is concerned which will net us some much needed funds to continue to invest in the squad, we have to do what's right for Hearts, certainly not JS, and certainly not for anyone else. 

If we choose to keep him, and play him, even against his will, he just needs to STFU and get on with it. He knows fine well if he gives anything less than 100% there will be a lynch mob after him. Do I really care how he feels - Absolutely not.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It was embarrassing tonight, call that supporting your team by booing your own player?

Fair enough, boo when his name is read out, even boo his first touch to express your disappointment, but the whole game?  Section N even indulged in a bit to "Souttar GTF" and followed it up with "Hullo Hullo", brainless morons.

Hearts won comfortably though.

Neilson says Souttar isn't bothered. 

Bored of the Souttar stuff already to be honest.

if he leaves we will pocket several hundred K. If not, we play him, he’s class and we’ve got third to secure and a Scottish cup to win. 

Edited by hearts00

Didn't bother either booing or clapping him this evening.

He actually played quite well in the first half but started to wobble at bit near the end. It would be best for him if he leaves now tbh.

I'm concerned Halkett has an injury so we probably have no choice but to play Souttar at the moment.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The ones with the biggest rep as mini-huns doing their best to help the huns by forcing the Souttar transfer through asap 🤔

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Will be their next Tuesday to do as i see fit seal boy.

I wont be there next Tuesday, enjoy...

Edited by Chuck Berry

That’ll be a lonely shift. Better take a picture of Souttar to boo. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The ones with the biggest rep as mini-huns doing their best to help the huns by forcing the Souttar transfer through asap 🤔

As I said, only a handful of braincells between them.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Nope, let him rot on the bench if we dont get the fee we want. That would be a far stronger message to any players who want to do this in the future. 

To play him is weak and spineless if you ask me.

You're 100% wrong. Sticking to our guns the way we're doing gives us the best chance of getting a good fee in future, and indeed this January.

Must admit I went along to the game all bitter and twisted, intent on giving Souttar pelters!

Once in the ground I couldn’t make myself boo a player wearing the maroon and one who didn’t put a foot wrong.

I found myself clapping every nice touch/tackle by him, mainly to annoy the two arseholes who were leading the booing chorus in the next row.

Souttar is still an disrespectful ungrateful tosser mind!

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Don't come back to Tynie

Tbh, all clubs have fans who react differently to stuff like Souttar joining rangers than you or I. I thought the reaction was quite mild given the sneakiness of rangers and Souttar. It’s divisive stuff and with even the slightest regard for hearts from Souttar it could have been avoided. 

The stick he got was well deserved, just glad it didn't cost us anything, hopefully he is away to his beloved buns soon. Good bye 👋 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

It’s on Wednesday. 😂😂😂. Booo on Tuesday though.  

Guest ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Must admit I went along to the game all bitter and twisted, intent on giving Souttar pelters!

Once in the ground I couldn’t make myself boo a player wearing the maroon and one who didn’t put a foot wrong.

I found myself clapping every nice touch/tackle by him, mainly to annoy the two arseholes who were leading the booing chorus in the next row.

Class. The best response, including the last line.

20 minutes ago, jager man said:

Can't believe some folk were cheering Soutar getting booked. Fair enough boo if you want but cheering a booking come on.

Should have been a red.

Has anyone considered that he may have arranged to do something to say thanks to Hearts? Maybe donate his signing on fee to the youth set up or something along those lines?

Edited by brux

Was embarrassing listening to some “fans” booing a player playing for hearts 

absolutely shocking behaviour 

I started clapping every time he got the ball and then loads of people did the same thankfully 

some people need to grow up 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, all clubs have fans who react differently to stuff like Souttar joining rangers than you or I. I thought the reaction was quite mild given the sneakiness of rangers and Souttar. It’s divisive stuff and with even the slightest regard for hearts from Souttar it could have been avoided. 

TBH I was expecting some sort of reaction, and actually understand it, but not for the whole game. It became an embarrassing distraction.  At one point the opposition were cheering him whilst our morons were booing him. I mean dear god...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

🤣 

Will be a lonely walk home on Tuesday.

jZ5YnT.gif

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was embarrassing listening to some “fans” booing a player playing for hearts 

absolutely shocking behaviour 

I started clapping every time he got the ball and then loads of people did the same thankfully 

some people need to grow up 

Of course you did flower. You should have reported them. 

Johnny Sandiego
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂😂😂 Dont want to spoil the game for anyone so will get my booooos in the night before

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Good stuff

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I neither clapped or booed but I'd be gutted if he's still here and he gets booed at Easter Road. 

I think the point has been made. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Looks like Craig Gordon was right to be certain that we would win the match despite any negativity and right to believe that the team would endure and come out on top.

The doomsday scenario painted on here by the dramatic society that seemed to predict a complete derailing of our season and collapse of the club in front of our very eyes as our rivals take full advantage of the inability of players to concentrate on kicking a ball while a few folk are booing didn’t really materialise. Which is good.

The happy clappers can be happy they clapped happily and the equally weird boo brigade can be happy that they showed it to the man. I’m happy that I still have a club to watch given the predictions on this thread never mind that we have three more points than we had at the start of play.

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, jager man said:

Can't believe some folk were cheering Soutar getting booked. Fair enough boo if you want but cheering a booking come on.

And cheering when he missed a shot in the first half feckin saddos 

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

TBH I was expecting some sort of reaction, and actually understand it, but not for the whole game. It became an embarrassing distraction.  At one point the opposition were cheering him whilst our morons were booing him. I mean dear god...

It was too much I agree. I get why you’re saying you’re embarrassed by it but it’s just fans that view themselves as ultras or a bit more partisan or whatever.  I wasn’t embarrassed tbh but it annoyed me a bit because it was a distraction from the game. 

Just now, iainmac said:

I neither clapped or booed but I'd be gutted if he's still here and he gets booed at Easter Road. 

I think the point has been made. 

The problem is a lot of the boo-ers were loving the fun they were having. A bunch near me were excited waiting for his first touch so they could boo. 

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

He’s a Hearts player as long as he pulls on a maroon shirt and is contracted to us which he is.  I neither booed nor clapped him, I thought both were cringey.