Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

I kind of want to see him in the side tonight.

Will tell us a lot about how much abuse we should give him for the rest of the season.

If he has a bad game, lets the booing get to him or pulls out of challenges, we know his head and heart aren't in it and we'll be fully vindicated in giving him shite.

If he has a MOTM performance and goes through a couple opposition players he will likely win the support of most anyway and won't get further booing etc if he plays the rest of the season, as the wuestion over his commitment on the park will be answered.

He'll still be a judas hun rat and be open to heavy slandering on here for the contract situation.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Hearts and TheRangers (Zombies) are now playing a game of brinkmanship, there is absolutely no way that Robbie can come out and say that he won't play Souttar, that he isn't committed etc because we are playing hardball over a fee. We will state that he has more value playing than freezing him out, I don't believe he will play.

TheRangers have done their due diligence and deemed him fit enough for a contract, despite his injury history, these are notoriously difficult to back out of and will not want him to risk getting injured playing for another club, they also can't afford him to sit kicking his heels for the next 6 months either. They will offer a fee but the ball is in our court now and the power of bargaining is weighted in our favour. 

Personally I never want to see him in a Hearts shirt again, I want ayers that are committed to the cause and while I will never grudge a player moving on and bettering himself, this does feel different and does feel like he could have done right by the club but chose personal gain with those c##ts 

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Show me where Gordon said that please

I think another poster posted a you tube clip of Gordon earlier in the thread being interviewed, and he clearly said that the squad would support him if there was any kind of fall out with the fans. He also said he was disappointed that he would be leaving

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No he doesn't because instead of being focused on the game, he has said very clearly the rest of the players will be distracted by it and have to compensate for it.

That’s some amount of paraphrasing going on there.

Our captain, who is aware that there is likely to be some negativity towards JS,  stated that the team will ensure we win the match. I’m happy with that. We are bigger than one person and CG is confident the team will prevail. That’s more reassuring than any doomsday scenario painted about a few people making their feelings known.

I’m not sure in the history of time whether an aggrieved person has ever ‘got over it’ simply by being patronised repeatedly by being told that is what they ‘need to do’. Good luck with that particular crusade.

I also think you may be overegging the effect of a ‘booo’ in changing behaviours.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think another poster posted a you tube clip of Gordon earlier in the thread being interviewed, and he clearly said that the squad would support him if there was any kind of fall out with the fans. He also said he was disappointed that he would be leaving

Thanks I saw that

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Our captain, who is aware that there is likely to be some negativity towards JS,  stated that the team will ensure we win the match. I’m happy with that. We are bigger than one person and CG is confident the team will prevail. That’s more reassuring than any doomsday scenario painted about a few people making their feelings known.

I’m not sure in the history of time whether an aggrieved person has ever ‘got over it’ simply by being patronised repeatedly by being told that is what they ‘need to do’. Good luck with that particular crusade.

I also think you may be overegging the effect of a ‘booo’ in changing behaviours.

Excellent post!

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

It's not patronising to want supporters to focus on supporting the team. We're grown-ups not toddlers. Do teams often win or players play well when distracted by or targeted by their own fans form the first minute? It's exactly what the other team wants.

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar has been at Hearts longer than Smith and has played about the same amount of times and at a similar or better level. Just sayin'. Its not like he’s been here a year and blatantly used us as a stepping stone. It stings because it's Rangers but folk need to just deal with it without hurting the team any more than his departure might, which I don't think it will to a huge degree.

No with the limited amount of games he’s played it feels like 6 months!

Edited by Thomaso

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar has been at Hearts longer than Smith and has played about the same amount of times and at a similar or better level. Just sayin'. It's not like he's been here a year and blatantly used us as a stepping stone. It stings because it's Rangers but folk need to just deal with it without hurting the team any more than his departure might, which I don't think it will to a huge degree.

The sting part for me is the club sticking by him, the club offering him an improved deal, and him allowing it to get to the stage of him walking away for free.

I'll boo him tonight but after tonight he's out my mind, fecking traitor.

The Wrinkly Ninja
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not patronising to want supporters to focus on supporting the team. We're grown-ups not toddlers. Do teams often win or players play well when distracted by or targeted by their own fans form the first minute? It's exactly what the other team wants.

Our captain doesn’t appear to enrol to the same school of drama. Again he is sure we will win the match.

I’ve been booing you all afternoon and there appears to have been no impact on performance 😬

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The behaviour of football fans in a football stadium has no correlation to the otherwise rational behaviour they display outside football.

We are are all adults, yes, but who hasn't booed or made some other ridiculous noises at the football ?

I know I have ! Many times !

It's all a bit silly really, when you think about it.

Making donkey noises is up there as daft !

Sorry, I digress !

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The Law makers are not to blame for this, and boo the player or not it’s Souttar that has brought this on himself. If I was Neilson I wouldn’t play him and I’d get another centre back in as cover with 2 strikers and leave Souttar and Rangers in no doubt he won’t play again this season for Hearts therefore putting the pressure on Souttar and Rangers relationship. Souttar would want Rangers to come up with a suitable offer or watch their future signing become unhappy about not playing. Yes playing hardball sends out a message to every player and the likes of Rangers that Hearts will not be messed about.

Challenging the idea that it is Souttar, and not the rule, that is the fundamental problem. Souttar was in the position of being made an offer which was attractive to him. Why shouldn't he accept? 

Are there any circumstances in which it is acceptable for a pre-contract to be agreed within the same league during a season?

I think that rule undermines the integrity of the game. For example, imagine this plausible scenario. In the last game of the season Rangers, needing 3 points to finish top and qualify for the Champions League, against Hearts, needing one point to qualify for Europe at all, the game heading for a draw, and in the last minute Souttar has to make a points-saving challenge. The rules should not allow such (hypothetical) possibilities.

As with so many things, it is not the individual, it is the system.

8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Halliday has never hidden who he supports, but I don't think anyone could question his commitment when he plays for us, 

My comment was aimed at all the radges making the GTF comments regarding Halliday. I was not personally attacking him although I can see how you could have been mistaken. 

jambo-in-furness

Shirley the answer is to judge Souttar on his performance,  it will quickly become evident if he’s not giving his all,  then Hearts/Nielsen can decide whether he rots or trots.  
Right now,  paying him to not play is working in the currants favour.

in my opinion of course.

45 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

i also posted this an hour or so ago

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Our captain doesn’t appear to enrol to the same school of drama. Again he is sure we will win the match.

I’ve been booing you all afternoon and there appears to have been no impact on performance 😬

He probably says he is confident we’ll win every match.  Unfortunately we’re only winning exactly 50% of our games and that’s in a good season.  So if our captain says they’ll focus on winning the game, or whatever words he used,it doesn’t necessarily mean we will win the game.  A positive reaction from fans can undoubtedly sway a match in a team’s favour and a negative one in the opposite direction.  It’s hardly rocket science.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think that was his reason for not moving to England rather than moving to Rangers.  He then had a choice of staying at Hearts or moving to Rangers.  He chose the employer that is going to maybe pay him 5 x his current wages, as would every single hypocrite on this board have done exactly the same thing!  Anyone that says differently is a liar. 

Depend on the job. 

Tbh, I wouldn't be a tory mp, a tobacco salesman, pharmaceutical rep, etc for multiple times my salary. 

I have morals..... 

I also wouldn't play for Celtic or Rangers, but I understand that Souttar not being a fan isn't motivated by Hearts emotionally. 

husref musemic
16 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Challenging the idea that it is Souttar, and not the rule, that is the fundamental problem. Souttar was in the position of being made an offer which was attractive to him. Why shouldn't he accept? 

Are there any circumstances in which it is acceptable for a pre-contract to be agreed within the same league during a season?

I think that rule undermines the integrity of the game. For example, imagine this plausible scenario. In the last game of the season Rangers, needing 3 points to finish top and qualify for the Champions League, against Hearts, needing one point to qualify for Europe at all, the game heading for a draw, and in the last minute Souttar has to make a points-saving challenge. The rules should not allow such (hypothetical) possibilities.

It was the system that made him do it ?

I've heard it all now.

20 hours ago, bawheed said:

DBEZfnzXkAAl7gF.jpg

Not Jamie Walker. Just a boy who looks like him. There's several key features of that kid that don't match Walker.

We've done this to death, sorry I don't feel like doing it again for the 12th time. Look at his eyebrows, his chin, his earlobes, and his nose. Just a remarkable resemblance otherwise.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Quite simply anyone who boos is very simple minded 

listen to Craig Gordon and Robbie neilson - 2 people who know John far better than anyone on here - he has their support

So support our team - don’t boo an individual- it can only result in something negative - not positive 

Bad twits ... record them on your phone and send it to Hearts .

Booers are not welcome and should receive a lifetime ban , twits .

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

It was the system that made him do it ?

I've heard it all now.

It was the system that permitted it. 

Anyway 70 pages and counting. The century is in sight.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Quite simply anyone who boos is very simple minded 

listen to Craig Gordon and Robbie neilson - 2 people who know John far better than anyone on here - he has their support

So support our team - don’t boo an individual- it can only result in something negative - not positive 

Quite simply it’s **** all of your business if people choose to boo, and to call them simple minded is very rich coming from you. I think grassing on Hearts fans who use sweary words towards opposition players and the referees and grassing those same fans who sing songs about paedos is a stronger indicator of simple mindedness. 
It would be lovely to hear the reaction you get from those around you when you start tutting and shaking your head at their booing and when you stand up and stick up for ‘John’ by telling him he’s great and he’s done the right thing and to ignore those potty mouthed simple minded fans who should be banished from the stadium. 

Edited by Brick Tamland
Spelling error

6 hours ago, Shanks said:

I find the whole 'I had to move to rangers because a family member is seriously ill'  is really bad taste

That’s not what’s been said. 
 He couldn’t move to England because of the family issue. Given that his choice was extend with us or sign up with Rangers. Think Levein was  trying to explain why he didn’t move to England and get us some money. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Quote simply it’s **** all of your business if people choose to boo, and to call them simple minded is very rich coming from you. I think grassing on Hearts fans who use sweary words towards opposition players and the referees and grassing those same fans who sing songs about paedos is a stronger indicator of simple mindedness. 
It would be lovely to hear the reaction you get from those around you when you start tutting and shaking your head at their booing and when you stand up and stick up for ‘John’ by telling him he’s great and he’s done the right thing and to ignore those potty mouthed simple minded fans who should be banished from the stadium. 

Barry Ferguson gets it. The more negative the reaction from Hearts fans, the less Rangers will have to pay to sign Souttar. But some of our simple minded fans don’t get it. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Hearts and TheRangers (Zombies) are now playing a game of brinkmanship, there is absolutely no way that Robbie can come out and say that he won't play Souttar, that he isn't committed etc because we are playing hardball over a fee. We will state that he has more value playing than freezing him out, I don't believe he will play.

TheRangers have done their due diligence and deemed him fit enough for a contract, despite his injury history, these are notoriously difficult to back out of and will not want him to risk getting injured playing for another club, they also can't afford him to sit kicking his heels for the next 6 months either. They will offer a fee but the ball is in our court now and the power of bargaining is weighted in our favour. 

Personally I never want to see him in a Hearts shirt again, I want ayers that are committed to the cause and while I will never grudge a player moving on and bettering himself, this does feel different and does feel like he could have done right by the club but chose personal gain with those c##ts 

This

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Barry Ferguson gets it. The more negative the reaction from Hearts fans, the less Rangers will have to pay to sign Souttar. But some of our simple minded fans don’t get it. 

More boos, less pounds ?

Barry Ferguson ?

:levein2:

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Barry Ferguson 😂😂😂😂😂. It’s up to Hearts if they sell Souttar to rangers not the fans. If Hearts are prepared not to play Souttar and not negotiate on the fee I doubt booing makes any difference to that. 

We shouldn’t boo because we should support the rest of the team. That’s my feeling but if folk want to boo then it’s understandable.  This pish about playing rangers game by booing is utter nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Nothing stopping Souttar inserting a confidentiality clause in the precontract then only announcing his decision after the season is completed, only reason for the announcement being made now was to try and force a move this window and not in the summer. 

MR INCREDIBLE
9 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

But !!!!!!
If we don’t play him at all they will stump up as they won’t want a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in months!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Barry Ferguson 😂😂😂😂😂. It’s up to Hearts if they sell Souttar to rangers not the fans. If Hearts are prepared not to play Souttar and not negotiate on the fee I doubt booing makes any difference to that. 

We shouldn’t boo because we should support the rest of the team. That’s my feeling but if folk want to boo then it’s understandable.  This pish about playing rangers game by booing is utter nonsense. 

Barry Ferguson isn’t the sharpest tool in the box but he might have something here.  If, after tonight, it’s obvious the situation is so toxic Neilson doesn’t want to play him anymore then surely Hearts are more likely to do a cut price deal in January rather than play hardball with a £500k fee?  It makes no sense at all for Hearts to pay Souttar’s wages for 6 months (probably a 6 figure sum?) to sit JS in the stand for the remainder of his contract, none whatsoever, other than suiting the bitters’ agenda. 

14 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Or we can push Rangers for more otherwise in the summer they get a player that’s not kicked a ball in 6 months, reality is that nobody knows how much it will take for Hearts to sell now or whether Rangers even want him before the summer.

Its all just bullshit conjecture, especially from wee bazza 

56 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You crack me up, i imagine i am in your radius of Booing.

Made me laugh so well done.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

But !!!!!!
If we don’t play him at all they will stump up as they won’t want a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in months!

The season finishes in 4 months.  Is it really a big deal if he doesn’t play during that time?  He’ll get a full pre season with them and it guarantees he won’t get an injury playing for Hearts.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

Non negociable?

Of course it is negotiable. But we have named our fee. The next step is with Rangers. Or do we just drop our price until Rangers accept it. That is not a negotiation. A Dutch auction I think it is called.

Sooo excited to be back tonight. Really aggrieved by JS actions. My focus as always wow on supporting the team. Won’t be doing anything that jeopardise  that. Can’t get the logic of booing pre and during the game if it risks impacting the team

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Barry Ferguson isn’t the sharpest tool in the box but he might have something here.  If, after tonight, it’s obvious the situation is so toxic Neilson doesn’t want to play him anymore then surely Hearts are more likely to do a cut price deal in January rather than play hardball with a £500k fee?  It makes no sense at all for Hearts to pay Souttar’s wages for 6 months (probably a 6 figure sum?) to sit JS in the stand for the remainder of his contract, none whatsoever, other than suiting the bitters’ agenda. 

Maybe. Will Rangers want to rescue Souttar from Hearts in the same set of circumstances, rather than allow their player to go through the mill and possibly lose his scotland place . You’re right of course he may have something but i personally doubt it . The bottom line is, for me obviously, is hearts have been played by rangers and Souttar. It’s clearly best he leaves now so it depends how bloody minded we are in the negotiations. A bit of booing won’t effect much

As I said, I won’t be booing him. All I want from tonight is 3 points. I’ll be ignoring him (unless he scores 😀).

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Sooo excited to be back tonight. Really aggrieved by JS actions. My focus as always wow on supporting the team. Won’t be doing anything that jeopardise  that. Can’t get the logic of booing pre and during the game if it risks impacting the team

Excellent post

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course it is negotiable. But we have named our fee. The next step is with Rangers. Or do we just drop our price until Rangers accept it. That is not a negotiation. A Dutch auction I think it is called.

i was thinking along the lines that we would have a price and they would run it down, with some thinking it appears we are being shafted out of any money. They can just sit on it, we though are in the mercy field. I do not think we should just accept their offer, was more to have a number in our minds they might eventualy get to. We then accept that offer.

Edited by Factuer Moi

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If sevco gave us £100K that's more than we would pay him in wages for the rest of the season.

You're right, he's not the sharpest tool in the box !

The main point re. money is, JS has ****ed us over, financially as it stands. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don't imagine JS would want to sit in the stand for the next 6 months, miss out of the Scotland qualifiers in March etc.

He's got more to lose than Hearts. We're used to paying him his wages while he's injured and using cover anyway :laugh:

If he goes now ,or soon, he will only be a bit part player at Ibrox anyway unless Goldson goes. He is a next year player for them. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Booing his name when read out seems a reasonable and fair thing, even every game he plays. Knowing footballers, I'm sure he's taking stick in the dressing room including some ironic boos when he enters the gym or dressing room or whatever. He's big enough to take all that.

When the players come out though, all focus should be on supporting the team and winning the match not making some sort of point about Souttar or Rangers.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

i was thinking along the lines that we would have a price and they would run it down, with some thinking it appears we are being shafted out of any money. They can just sit on it, we though are in the mercy field. I do not think we should just accept their offer, was more to have a number in our minds they might eventualy get to. We then accept that offer.

I am sure we have a number in mind. But having stated our initial number it would be crazy to reduce it before we get a response. If we did why would Rangers not just wait for our next number.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am sure we have a number in mind. But having stated our initial number it would be crazy to reduce it before we get a response. If we did why would Rangers not just wait for our next number.

I think we'll hold firm. We did with Walker, another players Rangers pushed under the bus by talking about how much they wanted him then not being willing to pay leaving the player in an awkward situation. But hey, if Souttar wants to work for that kind of employer known for their underhand dealings around transfers and their frequent poor treatment of players then it's up to him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If they have an interest in settling the issue and know our price, they would then come back with a price . That is what i am getting at . i suspect they will sit it out and get him for nowt

Vlad the impaler

I’d personally keep him this month,don’t play him and send a fat,unfit John Souttar to ibrox in summer! Not interested in the pennies they’ll offer. As for booing,if fans want to do that that’s their prerogative,I would boo his touches and support the rest of the team but it’s everyone’s individual choice and if you don’t want to then don’t. It doesn’t however make you a better,Uber fan

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

If sevco gave us £100K that's more than we would pay him in wages for the rest of the season.

You're right, he's not the sharpest tool in the box !

The main point re. money is, JS has ****ed us over, financially as it stands. 

If he is contracted to 30th June as someone suggested, that’s more than 22 weeks wages to pay.  Even at only £5k per week that’s well over £100k to pay him.  So we save that plus whatever fee we get.  You have to counter that with his worth to us of helping secure 3rd place which could be a lot more.  But we might do that without him. 

It’s all about doing what is least bad for Hearts.