Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You post like you’ve been hit by a lorry. Bits and pieces all over the place. Didn’t you say a couple of hours ago that it was in his pre contract that he can’t play against Rangers ? 

Yes ,brand new member with quite an odd style

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Poor taste comment. 

I agree. Using a sick family members illness as an excuse for signing for SevCo is a poor taste comment.

The point I’m making is if he’s wheeling out this excuse now, how will it be when he may have to move again?  He will 100% chase the money.

29 minutes ago, Lido said:

He's a Hearts player till the summer unless Hearts decide otherwise, ie we accept an offer from Rangers in the next couple of weeks.

He’s a Hearts player in so much as he is under contract with Hearts.

In his mind he is now a Rangers player….

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

He’s a Hearts player in so much as he is under contract with Hearts.

In his mind he is now a Rangers player….

Same as Halliday then?🤔

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

65 pages. 

To me it seems pretty simple. He has accepted an offer to at least double his wages. As at least 99 or per cent of professional footballers would do. The clue is in the word professional. 

We play him if in training and in games he demonstrates that he is an asset to the team. If not we don't.

I really don't understand why it is 65 pages worth of difficulty.

Not just double if that.   It's a four yeal deal.   Sets him up for that time regardless of his fitness.    Then again, we don't know the stipulation upon entering the actual contract.    Is he to be in the same  condtion as his medical.   If that stipulation exists.    Where there any get out clauses.   Anyway it's none of our business or Hearts.    Pff 4 Yr deal. 

:levein_interesting:did someone say four year deal :thinking2:

7 hours ago, heartened said:

Its obvious we knew he was talking to other clubs, however the statement suggests no knowledge of him even potentially signing a pre-contract until Rangers announced it.  Either Soapy couldn't be arsed telling Hearts or Rangers just couldn't stop shooting their load as early as possible over their coup (without allowing Soapy the time to break the news).

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8295509/hearts-robbie-neilson-john-souttar-rangers-this-month/

According to this article RN states he was kept informed of the situation by Souttar.

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

65 pages. 

To me it seems pretty simple. He has accepted an offer to at least double his wages. As at least 99 or per cent of professional footballers would do. The clue is in the word professional. 

We play him if in training and in games he demonstrates that he is an asset to the team. If not we don't.

It's because of who he is joining. 

Everyone knows about the professional aspect of football but this is one PC transfer that should really have been kept under wraps until the end of the season. 

I appreciate players have to look after themselves and I'll be doing the same tonight by watching on ST stream. Getting too old to risk catching Covid. 

7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I agree. Using a sick family members illness as an excuse for signing for SevCo is a poor taste comment.

The point I’m making is if he’s wheeling out this excuse now, how will it be when he may have to move again?  He will 100% chase the money.

Maybe when you realise the nature of the illness you will realise it probably won’t be an issue. 

65 pages. 

👍👍

The Treasurer

65 pages. 

I see what you're saying FA but I don't think it's as simple as you say.

The club have to take into account how his being in the team would impact on the rest of the squad if, as looks almost certain, he will get pelters from the supporters.

Also how would players who have committed their future to the club feel about being left out for someone who has no future at Tynecastle

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Canscot said:

Same as Halliday then?🤔

Halliday has never hidden who he supports, but I don't think anyone could question his commitment when he plays for us, 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Halliday has never hidden who he supports, but I don't think anyone could question his commitment when he plays for us, 

this is correct. He’s no world beater but in my opinion has been a useful player for us.. he has contributed some important moments and has played a role in turning round the club.  

StevenNaismith

Read a stat last night that 2178 days have passed since John Souttar signed for Hearts. In that time he has spent 828 days injured and missing 101 games. So he has spent 38% of his time as a Hearts player injured. 

His actions are those of a mercenary, not a professional.

He was happy to extend his contract with us to the end of this season, and happy to be paid by us when he was a cripple, unable to be any use to us on the pitch. 

We have honoured our side of the bargain as we do with all players who suffer injury on the pitch.

Now it seems we are not good enough for him as he's been lured by the bigoted and borrowed Ibrox buck. He can't get out the door quick enough. He has no concerns at all about walking out on people who have been good to him and stuck by him.

If his brother is ill then that's genuinely sad but how does that stop him staying with Hearts til the end of the season. Clearly it's just an excuse to hide his greed and lack of honour.

Quote frankly he just needs to go asap. 

Edited by stuart500

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Absolutely this. People can argue all day about his abilities if they want but his commitment to the club when on the park isn’t up for debate imo. 

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Over analysis of a player leaving football Club quite incredible.

Yes one of our best players jumping ship to a rival Club is of absolutely no interest to Hearts fans on JKB…..

18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The club have to take into account how his being in the team would impact on the rest of the squad if, as looks almost certain, he will get pelters from the supporters.

Also how would players who have committed their future to the club feel about being left out for someone who has no future at Tynecastle

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on. I don’t see how everyone doesn’t get this. This most definitely has the potential to turn nasty and impact the squad in a negative way 

if as the reports suggest that he is close to leaving us now, I wouldn’t be half surprised if we have accepted an offer lower than our asking price and for the reasons above  

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on. I don’t see how everyone doesn’t get this. This most definitely has the potential to turn nasty and impact the squad in a negative way 

if as the reports suggest that he is close to leaving us now, I wouldn’t be half surprised if we have accepted an offer lower than our asking price and for the reasons above  

Exactly. He's thrown a grenade in the dressing room and is quite happy to walk away early to get his bumper pay deal. He has no sense of shame. Just greed.

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

65 pages. 

Awww the poor soul turned down c£400k a year so he could earn £600k a year

Denies us any kind of return on our investment in his rehab. 

Rolls out his mentor Levein to spin some bull about this being about his brother. 

Hope his career bombs and he can sit at home counting his dirty cash. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rolls out his mentor Levein to spin some bull about this being about his brother. 

BOOM!!!!!  

16 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

It’s unfortunate however after hearing a bit more about his deal I’d regrettably be doing the same as JS. 

Tell us more then

13 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Exactly. He's thrown a grenade in the dressing room and is quite happy to walk away early to get his bumper pay deal. He has no sense of shame. Just greed.

Not only happy to walk away… stated publicly he WANTED away this month!

GTF. 

38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is correct. He’s no world beater but in my opinion has been a useful player for us.. he has contributed some important moments and has played a role in turning round the club.  

He's what?

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Tell us more then

x5 his current salary plus a huge sign on fee which basically equates to a years salary on new deal.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

£200k over four years = £800k. Not sure if footballers operate outside IR35 but if so, he could bank half a million quid over that period. More likely to be picked for Scotland (due to myopic way we select players for the national team). So that could open doors to more sponsorship money.

Off the back of also being able to attend to a very sick relative I can see it being hard to turn down. Perhaps JS is looking to divert extra income to the care of the sick relative?

Personally, if it were me and no sick relative involved, I'd be heading down south to maximise my income even more.

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tend to agreed. Had an excellent start to the season, scoring a couple of goals and had a tremendous game against Celtic when we beat them at Tynecastle. Down the pecking order when the new players arrived but still  a useful player to have around. 

59 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Read a stat last night that 2178 days have passed since John Souttar signed for Hearts. In that time he has spent 828 days injured and missing 101 games. So he has spent 38% of his time as a Hearts player injured. 

That is telling. And when we offered him the contract near the start of the season that % would have been even higher.

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Jeezo, I understand folk want as good a deal for Hearts as possible. But the obsession with figures on here. I can only assume fans of compare the market.com

There's also a weird obsession with sell on clauses. How many such clauses have we actually benefited from?

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

guess will find out tonight 

Wouldn't take an umbrella with me if that account told me it was raining outside. Full of havers including in the past year alone Andy Irvine's (sic) new 2 year deal, and more recently Sam Nicholson having re-signed in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Wouldn't take an umbrella with me if that account told me it was raining outside. Full of havers including in the past year alone Andy Irvine's (sic) new 2 year deal, and more recently Sam Nicholson having re-signed in the summer.

Know what you mean so added will find out later quote. 

33 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

x5 his current salary plus a huge sign on fee which basically equates to a years salary on new deal.

Where u getting this information from ? 5x … the Orcs hardly have that kind of money lying around 

34 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

He probably could've got more in the English Championship.

Fort Vallance
17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If only we had an u21 team, what a difference that would make. 

If only I was as smart as you.

36 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

It's a huge signing on fee for a player The Rangers see as back up. 

Doesn't seem right. 

I notice you are a new poster. 

Are you connected to JS ? 

Is that how you know confidential details ? 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Doesn't seem right. 

He’s talking pish 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Doesn't seem right. 

No idea. Rangers just got £12m in so perhaps £500k sign on, potential £500k transfer and look to sell on at some point. Who knows.

In response to your other point, I’m a long time viewer but heard through family so thought I’d sign up and post. 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Yes one of our best players jumping ship to a rival Club is of absolutely no interest to Hearts fans on JKB…..

Especially when Hearts haven't played for about three weeks. 

Why would we want to discuss such a trivial matter ? 🤔 

7 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

No idea. Rangers just got £12m in so perhaps £500k sign on, potential £500k transfer and look to sell on at some point. Who knows.

In response to your other point, I’m a long time viewer but heard through family so thought I’d sign up and post. 

🤔

Anyway welcome to JKB 👍

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The rest of the squad are professional footballers too. At some point in their careers they will all play for a club where they have no future (if they have not already done so). And have played and/or will play with players who have no future with their club.

And hopefully they are all professional enough not to let a team mate getting "pelters" from the stands affect their commitment and performance.

(I think I was 12 when my boyhood hero Willie Wallace was tapped by Celtic and left. I think my reaction was more adult than many on this increasingly ludicrous thread)

14 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's not Soapy anymore. It shall forever be Splinter.

He will now be a Soapy dodger.

This rat ***** better never wear the maroon again.  *****.

Shows up how Hearts being such a 'nice' club since Budge came in is not going to get us anywhere.

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

They needed £10m just to see the end of the season out.