Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly this. The boo-ing just got boring. They'd made their point - why the need to keep it up? The clapping started a fair bit into the game when it was just getting tedious, plus Souttar was playing well. His usual composed self using the ball well although he made a couple of slips. If they keep up the booing I think more and more Hearts fans will just rally round the guy. 

People slaver on page after page about fees and the club being shafted yet look to make the situation MORE toxic right in front of Rangers eyes.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

heartgarfunkel
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Game I was at was Heart of Midlothian 2 St Johnstone 0.

Weirdly the 'happy clappers' (your name for them) only clapped the touches of one player in the Hearts team.

Yes, absolutely bizarre.  That type will be feeling sorry about his new team dropping two points tonight.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Also I seen and heard nobody clapping him.

It was rife, but to be fair I think it was an I’ll conceived attempt to drown out the boos, which is well intentioned as the key was to get behind the team.

I don’t think many would have been clapping in solidarity with Souttar but could be wrong

5 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Clapping makes our support look pathetic and accepting the shafting we're getting ,

There was always going to be boos and some might think it's ott but clapping a guy who is leaving under these circumstances? Na sorry .

Agreed. I understand not booing him but no way did he deserve to be applauded.

Just now, everton_jambo said:

It was rife, but to be fair I think it was an I’ll conceived attempt to drown out the boos, which is well intentioned as the key was to get behind the team.

I don’t think many would have been clapping in solidarity with Souttar but could be wrong

This

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

Folk clapping Souttar :vrface:

Folk clapping the St Johnstone player bring the ball down well :vrface:

Lovely touch Tbf 

Back of the Bus

I watched him tonight and all I saw was a Rangers player wearing maroon. He did ok but let’s not pretend the elephant in the room didn’t exist on the park. 

Never booed him but never clapped him either. 

He’s treading water at our great club. That’s just a fact.

The question for me is, If he had to go in for a 60/40 in the 6 yard box to prevent Hibs scoring, would he put his body on the line. 

I’m not convinced he would. 

That’s the litmus test.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

No-one would have been clapping Souttar if some weren't booing. It was to get the boo boys to STFU so everyone could enjoy the game. It was embarrassing. Boo at the start, fine if you feel the need. But all the way through? Murder and distracting for everyone.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No-one would have been clapping Souttar if some weren't booing. It was to get the boo boys to STFU so everyone could enjoy the game. It was embarrassing. Boo at the start, fine if you feel the need. But all the way through? Murder and distracting for everyone.

I thought it created an unnecessary atmosphere. 

Just now, maroon said:

Lovely touch Tbf 

Haha the weird thing about that was that you can understand the impressed drawing of breath initially but it was the way he then played a nice pass and go to set up a dangerous counter and people applauded again! 

Always thought Cammy McPherson looked a decent player at St Mirren, could be worth a look. Chris Kane too

9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Clapping makes our support look pathetic and accepting the shafting we're getting ,

There was always going to be boos and some might think it's ott but clapping a guy who is leaving under these circumstances? Na sorry .

This.

Clapping him is a bit Killie. 

No wonder people were booing although maybe not for the entire game. Just for 1st touch or something makes the point 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shouldn't have clapped or booed. 

No one clapped until quite a way in. It was just getting annoying. When I think of some of the charlatans we've seen in maroon over the years, Souttar's never let us down on the pitch. As you say doesn't need to be clapped but neither does he need to be booed the whole way through.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wouldn't boo him while he was on the pitch playing for Hearts, but I would at full time and also if he got subbed.

Clapping him was just so fecking cringey :vrface:

Some Hearts fans are a bunch of pussies 

Not as cringey as booing him. We have some utter helmets as fans. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If your distracted by boo's at the football, then maybe football isn't for you.

Just now, everton_jambo said:

Haha the weird thing about that was that you can understand the impressed drawing of breath initially but it was the way he then played a nice pass and go to set up a dangerous counter and people applauded again! 

Always thought Cammy McPherson looked a decent player at St Mirren, could be worth a look. Chris Kane too

Yeah Tbf seemed harmless as he had his back to goal on the half way line but when he turned started to worry. 

Played well throughout would happily take him  

With Halkett going off injured turns out playing him was not such a bad idea. Still would prefer he left ASAP but changing my mind on him playing. 

bigis semiauskas
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wouldn't boo him while he was on the pitch playing for Hearts, but I would at full time and also if he got subbed.

Clapping him was just so fecking cringey :vrface:

Some Hearts fans are a bunch of pussies 

It was the pussies beside me that were going boooooo 

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. He’s a prick and I want him gone but booing his every touch is shite. We’ve got a match to win ffs. 

Exactly. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, LMc said:

If you boo your own players maybe football isn’t for you.  Grown men losing their shit over this is pretty pathetic. 

16 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You sound quite Furios. 

Found the whole thing awkward 😆, sad to see what its turned into and a little part of me felt sorry for him but then i remembered that he has signed for Rangers, for the record, i didnt boo, or clap, hopefully he leaves within the week, good win, HHGH

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

It was annoying and off-putting. Many agreed. Even when going to take a throw-in. If they'd done it for his first few touches, ok fine - point made. But the whole effing game. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If you boo your own players maybe football isn’t for you.  Grown men losing their shit over this is pretty pathetic. 

Football is a pantomime, that's what makes it fun. Booing wasn't loud enough.

11 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Must have been Gorgie Road end lot. No clapping in N or vicinity.

He Cosby have been less interested when we scored the first. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You sound quite Furios. 

Not on this occasion .

11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He deserves to be booed. He's a dick. 

If you were offered four times what you are earning now would you tell them to feck off

I was hugely impressed by the dafties near me that decided that booing wasn’t enough so started screaming for the ref to red card him every time he was involved in a tackle. Top thinking boys. Gets a red, would be suspended and then no point in Rangers coughing up cash for a suspended player. 

We got three more points tonight. Three closer to bumper Euro payout.  
Was Souttar positive, neutral or negative in achieving that tonight.  
I would say positive. 

not happy he’s going to Rangers but want us to make sure we get over the line. I believe playing Souttar will help towards this. 

Booing him doesn’t help us get there.  

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fans have every right to boo their own players. It's part of football. If the team isn't playing well, they'll get boo'd. If a player decides halfway through the season to sign a pre contract with a club who is a direct rival, they'll get boo'd.

Fans have turned soft as shite over the last 10 years. 

Thought Police

If Rangers were paying me £25k a week I’d give you all a reason to boo every time I played at Tynecastle.

Well deserved, and to those fans who were clapping the rat… remember he will be playing against us in 6 months time…. And he’s just shafted us over after doing so much for him. Nob

couldn’t give a flying monkeys when we scored stood in the centre circle both goals, horrible horrible rat, away along the m8 ya turncoat w**k.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, LMc said:

Fans have every right to boo their own players. It's part of football. If the team isn't playing well, they'll get boo'd. If a player decides halfway through the season to sign a pre contract with a club who is a direct rival, they'll get boo'd.

For the whole 90 minutes when he barely put a foot wrong?  Most fans support their team, maybe have a moan or the odd boo at half time or full time but it takes a special kind of moron to boo one of your player’s every single touch for 90 minutes.

Of course I forgot Souttar is the first player to ever sign a pre contract for Rangers.  Well he must be judging by the overreaction on here and at Tynie tonight right?

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

If you were offered four times what you are earning now would you tell them to feck off

I'd show a bit more class and test myself down south where the same/if not more was likely on offer. 

Not jump ship to that cesspit of a football club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, LMc said:

What do you hope to achieve exactly? We've had many players play for us with no intention of signing a new deal and knowing where they're going to go next, or at least have some idea of it. The difference is Rangers decided to announce it to force the issue. Booing is just playing into their hands. Why not save up the booing for when he plays for the other team so at least it benefits us?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Johnny Sandiego
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Didnt hear anyone boo a Hearts player. I heard plenty boos towards a Rangers player though.

No one was "losing their shit" either to be honest. Was just a clear message that signing for a rival mid-season is not acceptable.

The complete mental cases who decided to clap him are the ones who have properly lost their shit. A bunch of moronic seals if you ask me.

Wasn't at the game but read the various newspapers match reports. The Daily Record,(strange), never mentioned Souttar at all, whereas other reports at referred to his obvious oredicament/booing by fans etc. It was as if "he's one of our now"....

Pasquale for King

Booed him when his name was read out on the team sheet and as he left the pitch, I think that sufficed, for me anyway. Still can’t wait to see him leave. 
Nor celebrating the first goal with his soon to be ex teammates was a bit weird. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Didnt hear anyone boo a Hearts player. I heard plenty boos towards a Rangers player though.

No one was "losing their shit" either to be honest. Was just a clear message that signing for a rival mid-season is not acceptable.

The complete mental cases who decided to clap him are the ones who have properly lost their shit. A bunch of moronic seals if you ask me.

You make it sound like fans were supporting Souttar. No-one clapped Souttar when the boo-ers finally ran out of puff.