Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lots of valid points. The solution to all is that John Souttar shouldn’t play..

There is a only a problem if we make a problem.

Taylor Moore, Smith and Haring can all play that position and are commited to the club

That would be the sensible thing to do. 

Neilson however is set on putting JS

in the shop window for the only potential buyer. 

A stupid act of stubbornness that could upset the team and the fans. 

If it all goes wrong he has practically loaded the shotgun for his detractors. 

1 minute ago, RENE said:

What if Souter scores the winner tonight?  Will the boo boys boo him?

we got a new player ? :greggy:

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

10 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

One of the most sensible posts yet.  The boo boys have to ask themselves what is more important, supporting our team and cheering them on to a win, or enjoying the self satisfaction of booing and harrying Souttar with the risk of disrupting our play?

I know which one I'd chose, do you know? 

When is football or the fan ever sensible. Boo boys are there to boo. A spectator or supporter who habitually jeers or finds fault; especially (in plural) a particular section or group among the supporters of a team, distinguished as behaving in this manner. Aways been hundreds of Boo Boys and Girls at football, can't see it changing soon. If the gripe is a dig at the fan base for booing, then surely the player should not of signed with a side that is the competition midway through the season. I have decided not to boo, i won't be whining at those who do though. There will be some form of protest shown, at the mmoment it seems in favour of booing Souttar. Yes adults boo whine scream like spoiled rotten children , never will they  ever be as disloyal as the player they are abusing. That right there is the fans choice as they are clearly pissed right off with him.

Edited by Factuer Moi

10 minutes ago, RENE said:

What if Souter scores the winner tonight?  Will the boo boys boo him?

I’ve never heard Hearts fans booing a Hearts goal yet. Quite an obvious answer. 

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That would be the sensible thing to do. 

Neilson however is set on putting JS

in the shop window for the only potential buyer. 

A stupid act of stubbornness that could upset the team and the fans. 

If it all goes wrong he has practically loaded the shotgun for his detractors. 

Shop window ?

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

When is football or the fan ever sensible. Boo boys are there to boo. A spectator or supporter who habitually jeers or finds fault; especially (in plural) a particular section or group among the supporters of a team, distinguished as behaving in this manner.Aways been hndreds of Boo Boys and Girls at football, can't seeit changing soon. If the dgripe is a dig at the fan base for booing, then surely the player should of signedwit ha side that isn't the competition midway through the season. I have decided not to boo, i won't be whining at those who do though. There will eb some form of protest shown, at the mmoment it seems in favour of booing Souttar. Yes adults boo whine scream like spoiled rotton children , never will they  ever be as disloyal as the player they are abusing. That right there is the fans choice as they are clearly pissed right off with him.

Yep, you're spot on mate. It is a fan's prerogative - we all spend enough money following and supporting our club... so, if you want to boo, I certainly won't be judging. It's just a personal dislike of mine, never liked it. But if fans boo the halftime whistle when a score is 0-0... you better believe they're going to boo a player jumping ship to the uglies, whether we like it or not. Just keep him away, we don't need him as we're well covered in that area. Why risk a toxic atmosphere for the sake of one player who doesn't want to be here?

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Is he cup-tied if he gets named in the matchday squad or does he actually need to appear on the pitch?

Think if he is on bench then he is cup tied?

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, you're spot on mate. It is a fan's prerogative - we all spend enough money following and supporting our club... so, if you want to boo, I certainly won't be judging. It's just a personal dislike of mine, never liked it. But if fans boo the halftime whistle when a score is 0-0... you better believe they're going to boo a player jumping ship to the uglies, whether we like it or not. Just keep him away, we don't need him as we're well covered in that area. Why risk a toxic atmosphere for the sake of one player who doesn't want to be here?

The topic regarding John signing a pre contract with the defending league champions while we are seeking to step up and challenge. midway through the season. That is the main issue i have.

John is a great person and i feel sad that i can never speak to him again with the same passion , i will remember him for halfing Thumb boy v Dundee end of last year.

Nothing worse than hating a much loved player and person. If John plays he will show a great heart and bottle, that may swing it for me. We are all cornered by the events.

Each to their own, no need to judge the people who choose how they handle things.

Been going to Tynecastle for over 50 years and seen some awful performances from the team and from referees and booed them off. However I won't boo individual players as completely pointless and undermines team morale. This is Tynecastle let's make some noise ( the right kind)

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

Is he cup-tied if he gets named in the matchday squad or does he actually need to appear on the pitch?

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Think if he is on bench then he is cup tied?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I believe that is correct. 

I don't think that is correct. I'm sure they need to actually play some part of the game. I could be wrong though

13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Shop window ?

Talking about getting a decent settlement from The Rangers. 

Feck sake you're hard work😂

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Talking about getting a decent settlement from The Rangers. 

Feck sake you're hard work😂

Ah so we play JS so that rangers can see how good he is ?

Stupid of me . I just assumed they'd watched him already

A remix of the Diamond Daniel Stendel song:

We’ve got a rat in Johnny Souttar.
A rat that is going to Hun FC.
We paid him through COVID with 2 lockdowns, paid him through all his injurieeeeeeees.
But we’ve got better at the back, Souttar you’re a twat

Fuvk off to Ibrox you wee Hun rat.

Edited by Armageddon

The White Cockade

Anybody who thinks dogs abuse at Souttar for 90 minutes won’t affect our team and out performance is a moon howler 

Real Hearts fans want to do this game and for the team to play as well as possible 

Plenty of time to boo him when he’s wearing a blue shirt

MarkDevriesScores4
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I don't think that is correct. I'm sure they need to actually play some part of the game. I could be wrong though

The rules were changed to accommodate covid restrictions last year or the year before and I believe that Gordon was on the bench for Celtic for a cup game but was still able to play for hearts after the move. Not sure if the same rules are still in place. I’d play him for 5mins against auchinleck to be on the safe side 😉

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Ah so we play JS so that rangers can see how good he is ?

Stupid of me . I just assumed they'd watched him already

😴😴

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Anybody who thinks dogs abuse at Souttar for 90 minutes won’t affect our team and out performance is a moon howler 

Real Hearts fans want to do this game and for the team to play as well as possible 

Plenty of time to boo him when he’s wearing a blue shirt

in all honesty, it is a very important game and i'd hope that the fans focus very quickly runs away from Souttar.

21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Can imagine the rage from the tardis if we were to drop John altogether, i wonder if they are waiting to see if he plays. Going by some of their talk, John is only joining as a 3rd or 4th choice CB,talk some nonsense. I have spent days thinking about the situation, come to the conclusion that the only reason i wouldn't play him tonight would be to piss them off. Play him tonight to see if he does have the heart for it.

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Can imagine the rage from the tardis if we were to drop John altogether, i wonder if they are waiting to see if he plays. Going by some of their talk, John is only joining as a 3rd or 4th choice CB,talk some nonsense. I have spent days thinking about the situation, come to the conclusion that the only reason i wouldn't play him tonight would be to piss them off. Play him tonight to see if he does have the heart for it.

Too much thought about the Rangers.

46 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

When is football or the fan ever sensible. Boo boys are there to boo. A spectator or supporter who habitually jeers or finds fault; especially (in plural) a particular section or group among the supporters of a team, distinguished as behaving in this manner. Aways been hundreds of Boo Boys and Girls at football, can't see it changing soon. If the gripe is a dig at the fan base for booing, then surely the player should not of signed with a side that is the competition midway through the season. I have decided not to boo, i won't be whining at those who do though. There will be some form of protest shown, at the mmoment it seems in favour of booing Souttar. Yes adults boo whine scream like spoiled rotten children , never will they  ever be as disloyal as the player they are abusing. That right there is the fans choice as they are clearly pissed right off with him.

I'm as disappointed as many at the way the Souttar situation has turned out, but I find it strange that some elements will put booing him ahead of doing best for the team.

Compromise - don't boo him during the 90 mins. Wait til after the game when he's ready for scuttling off down the tunnel & let him have it with both barrels.

If he plays anyway

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Too much thought about the Rangers.

Ya think so, too much talk about John Souttar joining them. I am merely adding in my tonne load

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I'm as disappointed as many at the way the Souttar situation has turned out, but I find it strange that some elements will put booing him ahead of doing best for the team.

Booing after a bad result is normal if that's your thing, but it's a whole different level of stupidity to boo your own football team during or even before a game. A very "special" level of stupidity.

Rangers not Souttar or Hearts are the real villain of this piece. You boo Souttar you're booing Gordon, Devlin and the rest. Unless you possess some sort of special boo only people called John Souttar can hear. A boo at Hearts is also effectively a cheer for St J or whoever we're playing, and Rangers will certainly be pleased to hear it. Just think about that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

And the boo boys get no blame whatsoever? 

Do we actually want Hearts to win? Of course we do. So behave accordingly.

If I was going to boo, I would boo the rule-makers who allow pre-contracts within the same league. That's what caused this problem, not Souttar.

The Law makers are not to blame for this, and boo the player or not it’s Souttar that has brought this on himself. If I was Neilson I wouldn’t play him and I’d get another centre back in as cover with 2 strikers and leave Souttar and Rangers in no doubt he won’t play again this season for Hearts therefore putting the pressure on Souttar and Rangers relationship. Souttar would want Rangers to come up with a suitable offer or watch their future signing become unhappy about not playing. Yes playing hardball sends out a message to every player and the likes of Rangers that Hearts will not be messed about.

9 hours ago, Section Q said:
On 17/01/2022 at 14:18, The Treasurer said:

No. 

Hearts have named the price. 

Nothing else to talk about 

I think playing him will be a distraction for the whole team.

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If he plays, plays well and we win, then I'll have no issue with that.

Wouldn't it be great if those planning to turn up and boo Souttar, instead turned up and spent the game chanting their support for Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley and Smith. As the loyal fans we are, show our appreciation of the players who have signed extensions rather than focussing on the one who is leaving.

Booing Souttar tonight will be counter productive, both risking a negative atmosphere in the stands transferring onto the pitch and weakening our negotiating position with Rangers if there is a possibility of him being Sold this window.

(Comments on booing not aimed at Dazo, who I have no idea if he is planning to boo or not.)

Have we been especially loyal to Souttar? We honoured his contract including supporting him when he was injured as any club would do. We agreed a contract extension in 2019 when he had returned to fitness not while he was injured. When he has been fit he has given his all to Hearts on the pitch and I don't remember any complaints about his work ethic in training. He also seems to have worked very hard to come back from injury.

We've been unluckily with the timing of his injuries and I'd rather he went outside Scotland, but I think it is a stretch to say we've shown any level of unusual loyalty to Souttar.

Can't disagree with that tbh, all on point.

I do think though that we have been very loyal and supportive towards him.  I'm sure that many a club would have explored ways to have extricated themselves from the contract and dumped him on the pavement - in the same way that you'd stiff a face painter for example. Whether or not he's treated us fairly is up for debate, personally speaking (rational head on) I felt he could have made a more graceful exit and still achieved the same result.

56 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Hopefully Scott Wilson has "The Snake" by Al Wilson in his playlist tonight

R.E.S.P.E.C.T a must too.

best in the land

If souttar plays for hearts again he'll get stick and so will Neilson for picking him. 

Loads of players have left hearts but its the manner that is the problem. 

1 minute ago, best in the land said:

Rat in mi kitchen- ub40

We've already said "goodbye"
Since you gotta go, oh you'd better
Go now, go now, go now (go now, ooh)
Before you see me cry?

Don't boo him?  Hahaha come on, he needs to know our club are more important that he sees us.

Put him on the bench, have him warm up, have him on the pitch training at HT, don't allow him to hide behind other peoples life excuses.

We babysat him for years and he's taken one huge shite on our badge.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Can't disagree with that tbh, all on point.

I do think though that we have been very loyal and supportive towards him.  I'm sure that many a club would have explored ways to have extricated themselves from the contract and dumped him on the pavement - in the same way that you'd stiff a face painter for example. Whether or not he's treated us fairly is up for debate, personally speaking (rational head on) I felt he could have made a more graceful exit and still achieved the same result.

I think Hearts as a club have been loyal but I honestly don't think Souttar has connected with the Hearts support or vice versa the way other players have, because he's been absent so much. He's not been part of a successful team either. I certainly don't have that sinking feeling I usually get when a key player ups sticks and leaves. Maybe that's why some are so quick to lay into the guy.

As others have said, it's the pre-contact situation that is the problem. It puts the player and "selling" club in a very difficult situation. Folks should just think of him as a loan player and judge him on his performances from now on.

MR INCREDIBLE

My booing will be half towards Rat Souttar and half Neilson for playing him.

Don’t  see the problem letting him rot and not playing for 4 or 5 months and we should let Sevco know this!!

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Hearts as a club have been loyal but I honestly don't think Souttar has connected with the Hearts support or vice versa the way other players have, because he's been absent so much. He's not been part of a successful team either. I certainly don't have that sinking feeling I usually get when a key player ups sticks and leaves. Maybe that's why some are so quick to lay into the guy.

As others have said, it's the pre-contact situation that is the problem. It puts the player and "selling" club in a very difficult situation. Folks should just think of him as a loan player and judge him on his performances from now on.

Loan him to Rangers for the remaining part of his contract, they cover all.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Don't boo him?  Hahaha come on, he needs to know our club are more important that he sees us.

Put him on the bench, have him warm up, have him on the pitch training at HT, don't allow him to hide behind other peoples life excuses.

We babysat him for years and he's taken one huge shite on our badge.

Who to listen to on this? Craig Gordon, Hearts fan and Hearts legend or someone all over the forum encouraging Hearts fans to boo their own team in a. crucial match?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, MR INCREDIBLE said:

My booing will be half towards Rat Souttar and half Neilson for playing him.

Don’t  see the problem letting him rot and not playing for 4 or 5 months and we should let Sevco know this!!

That's exactly what Rangers want you to to do mate. Job done for them.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who to listen to on this? Craig Gordon, Hearts fan and Hearts legend or someone all over the forum encouraging Hearts fans to boo their own team in a. crucial match?

"to boo their own team"..... that's very very false, maybe I'm not being clear.

Cheer the team.

Cheer the legends of Gordon, Halkett, Smith and Kingsley.

Boo the rat.

Edited by Armageddon

I won’t argue with anyone who boos him or gives him abuse, he’s obviously making the move that he feels will benefit him. But he deserves it.

Jambo_jim2001

Could've been worse at least it's not hobbos or the Tim's he's signed for.its chip paper news now.no one is bigger than HMFC let's get behind the rest of the boys tonight and get 3 points,so we can all have a laugh at the hobbits.im peeved off like the rest he's signed for the Huns,.c'mon lads it's about time we show them we will be a major force in Scottish football,that's the best way to get back at them take their prize  money hit where it hurts,then we can buy who we want when we want.savage has spent good and wisely for what we have to spend..FFS were sitting 3rd after the last couple of seasons I will take that anyday,,we are hearts,the jambos,the boys in maroon we are HMFC..get out there and give it some,,we run from no-one HHGH

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

I think playing him will be a distraction for the whole team.

Correct because Souttar playing for Hearts again doesn’t sit well with many supporters. Souttar playing against St Johnstone will not help our players, the team and cause unrest and maybe arguments among the fans at the game. Is playing Souttar worth it for the good of our Hearts family, I think not.  Put the onus on Rangers via Souttar to come up with the money to get Souttar and leave it at that. I’ve never wanted, like the rest of us, to watch a Hearts player getting booed every time he touches the ball because as far as many of us believe that he is a Rangers player now.

One question that may not of been asked is, how would those who have a problem with fans who boo feel if we had sold John To them midway through the season. Would it be ok if you booed him out an about or whatever it may be. The goodie two shoes attitude doesn't fit into things at all, it stinks of Craig Levein type mentality. We may still get money for John, that is yet to be decided. If John was to be transfered directly to them then i would still have a major issue no matter how much it is. £100M smackeroonies wouldn't soften the blow of one of our players going ot play for the main competition in the league midway through the season. How is that even acceptable in any situation. So what would the thinking be if we sold John to them for lets say £650,000

Edited by Factuer Moi

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

One question that may not of been asked is, how would those who have a problem with fans who boo feel if we had sold John To them midway through the season. Would it be ok if you booed him out an about or whatever it may be. The goodie two shoes attitude doesn't fit into things at all, it stinks of Craig Leveing type mentality. We may still get money for John, that is yet to be decided. If John was to be transfered directly to them then i would still have a major issue no matter how much it is. £100M smackeroonies wouldn't soften the blow of one of our players going ot play for the main competition in the league midway through the season. How is that even acceptable in any situation. So what would the thinking be if we sold John to them for lets say £650,000

Fekk me 

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Booing after a bad result is normal if that's your thing, but it's a whole different level of stupidity to boo your own football team during or even before a game. A very "special" level of stupidity.

Rangers not Souttar or Hearts are the real villain of this piece. You boo Souttar you're booing Gordon, Devlin and the rest. Unless you possess some sort of special boo only people called John Souttar can hear. A boo at Hearts is also effectively a cheer for St J or whoever we're playing, and Rangers will certainly be pleased to hear it. Just think about that.

Thanks for backing me up on that Toque.  Hopefully we'll all come to our senses come kick-off.