Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Let the boos ring out tonight. Let him know what the fans think of his decision.

We should all hisssssss every time the snake gets the ball and slithers forward with it, before launching a diagonal to no one.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Booing some one on your own team is childish behaviour mate 

will only make ourselves look silly 

He's wearing a Hearts strip but his head and heart will be in Govan. 

Hope  a deal is done today and get the hun🐀to ****. 

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye that will really help the team.  Great idea!  

What John has done has not helped the team. Yet, he will probably still play.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hopefully the booing is loud right from the moment his name is read out on the team sheet. 

No booing as he wont be in the team.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hopefully the booing is loud right from the moment his name is read out on the team sheet. 

I think that would be fine but during the game will be detrimental to the team. Surely we still want to win the game?  

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What if there were no offers elsewhere or moving down South wasn’t an option for you?  I was referring to a situation where the choice was between staying at Hearts or going to Rangers and earning, who knows double, treble, quadruple your wages.  If you say you’d turn that down out of principle, sorry but I don’t believe you.

That is not a situation that would happen and you know it so stop trying to be clever. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

What John has done has not helped the team. Yet, he will probably still play.

Agreed but if he plays and we keep a clean sheet or he scores the winner / equaliser he’s helping the team.  We can’t cut our nose to spite our face, leave the emotion out of it. 

Just watched Craig Gordon talking about Souttar.

Questions are:

1. Above all else, do we want Hearts to win tonight?

2. How will booing help?

Unfortunately, many of the easily-offended brigade will probably boo, but to achieve what?

Over the years, there's been too much booing at Tynecastle. Get behind the team.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That is not a situation that would happen and you know it so stop trying to be clever. 

Really?  Looks like it did just happen and that’s why we’re discussing it.  I’m not trying to be clever at all, just pointing out the sheer hypocrisy in this thread.  It’s ****ing mental. 

Fxxx the SPFL

3 points is more important tonight and the rest of the season than booing JS there will be a time and place for that possibly last home game of the season for those that want to do it provided we have achieved 3rd place. i have never booed a Hearts player in my life and i don't intend to now. I hate what he has done and the way it's been done but no booing from me.

Can not understand why any hearts fan would want him to play.

His heart is not in Gorgie anymore it is now along the M8.

Can you imagine Souttar being announced in the the starting line up, meanwhile Moore or Smith are sitting on the bench thinking "JS doesnt even want to be here and he is getting a game before me".

Good for team morale that eh.

If JS plays it is detrimental to the rest of the squad and will create a toxic atmosphere in Tynecastle this evening.

Edited by Mac80

husref musemic
22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Instead of acting like petulant children and booing him tonight, try to just ignore him and cheer and support the team.

it’s what his teammates want 

resorting to booing and nasty shouts will only help the opposition 

"The kumbuya approach" to a hun in the camp.

no thanks.

Jambof3tornado

He will be. 

Imagine the outcry if he gives away a penalty or slips to let an attacker through 1 on 1. Genuinely dont think Robbie will want the distraction which is exactly what this move has become.

For that reason Soapy will have a slight strain removing him from the spotlight. 

If no deal is done by the end of the window I can see him getting back in but whilst he could still move in the next 2 weeks he shouldnt be near the playing side.

2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Can not understand why any hearts fan would want him to play.

His heart is not in Gorgie anymore it is now along the M8.

Can you imagine Souttar being announced in the the starting line up, meanwhile Moore or Smith are sitting on the bench thinking "JS doesnt even want to be here and he is getting a game before me".

Good for team morale that eh.

If JS plays it is detrimental to the rest of the squad and will create a toxic atmosphere in Tynecastle this evening.

Better make a bid then.

36 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Wake up and smell the coffee. I don’t like what’s happened but he’s got a short career and will want to make up as much money as he can in that time.

As for giving him abuse, leave that to thicker elements of our support. He’ll be wearing a Hearts jersey not a sash.

Tbf I agree with not giving him abuse. Well until he is in the away dressing room at least.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Imagine the outcry if he gives away a penalty or slips to let an attacker through 1 on 1. Genuinely dont think Robbie will want the distraction which is exactly what this move has become.

For that reason Soapy will have a slight strain removing him from the spotlight. 

If no deal is done by the end of the window I can see him getting back in but whilst he could still move in the next 2 weeks he shouldnt be near the playing side.

Yes, it won’t be pretty if that happens, or if he loses form or appears less committed!  I would be surprised if Neilson doesn’t take the risk though and I’d be surprised if he’s away in January.  I really do hope Hearts play hardball on the £500k fee and if they do I don’t there is any danger Rangers will pay this.

19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Questions are:

2. How will booing help?

Unfortunately, many of the easily-offended brigade will probably boo, but to achieve what?

Over the years, there's been too much booing at Tynecastle. Get behind the team.

Will Souter go into a 50:50 challenge where he may be injured? 

Course he won’t 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Course he won’t 

Well, wait until he doesn't then boo...

MR INCREDIBLE
26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think that would be fine but during the game will be detrimental to the team. Surely we still want to win the game?  

If it does cause detriment to the team Neilson must take some blame for playing the snake.

Jambof3tornado

Yes, it won’t be pretty if that happens, or if he loses form or appears less committed!  I would be surprised if Neilson doesn’t take the risk though and I’d be surprised if he’s away in January.  I really do hope Hearts play hardball on the £500k fee and if they do I don’t there is any danger Rangers will pay this.

Why risk playing him if we dont need to though? Unsettle his teammates for no real reason.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Well, wait until he doesn't then boo...

No booing from me but won’t be giving 100% and everyone knows that including himself

Just now, GBJambo said:

No booing from me but won’t be giving 100% and everyone knows that including himself

I dunno - depends what 100% is. Souttar has always been a 100% player - it's what can get him hurt. But so can being under-committed...

There are going to be plenty of opportunities to boo him when he plays against us over the next few years. 

He's still a hearts player so he will get my support until that is no longer the case. 

As much as I’ve had a go at Souttar on here, booing will get us nowhere. I personally think RN will bench him but if he plays him I hope folk focus on the rest of the team and game and not JS. 

Another huge 3 points on offer tonight. 

6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Course he won’t 

I would look at it from a more practical point. There is a chance he will be away by the end of this transfer window. Due to that we need to prepare for it now by trying to bed in a new starting RCB. If not we end up further down the road and having to do it closer to games such as the Celtic and hibs ones rather than against bottom of the table st Johnstone

I would suggest he will be on the bench. Only coming on if an injury or a series of injuries forces Neilson to bring him on.

This is the sensible thing to do in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Wouldn't it be great if those planning to turn up and boo Souttar, instead turned up and spent the game chanting their support for Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley and Smith. As the loyal fans we are, show our appreciation of the players who have signed extensions rather than focussing on the one who is leaving.

I’m sure fans have it in them to do both, and I hope they do. Give the rest of the team the backing they deserve, yet show that rat ******* what we think of the way he’s treated our club. 

Supporting our team and giving JS it tight aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ll see that tonight 👍🏼

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Course he won’t 

If he plays and not giving 100% he will get subed.

kingantti1874

Lots of valid points. The solution to all is that John Souttar shouldn’t play..

There is a only a problem if we make a problem.

Taylor Moore, Smith and Haring can all play that position and are commited to the club

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I would look at it from a more practical point. There is a chance he will be away by the end of this transfer window. Due to that we need to prepare for it now by trying to bed in a new starting RCB. If not we end up further down the road and having to do it closer to games such as the Celtic and hibs ones rather than against bottom of the table st Johnstone

Yip. 

We know he's away. Make playing decisions on the basis he could be away very shortly. I.e. play players who are staying.

52 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye that will really help the team.  Great idea!  

This

Anyone with half a brain will know this too 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As much as I’ve had a go at Souttar on here, booing will get us nowhere. I personally think RN will bench him but if he plays him I hope folk focus on the rest of the team and game and not JS. 

This 

37 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Questions are:

2. How will booing help?

Too many narrow minded people will boo sadly 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree and I think Robbie is playing mind games with der hun. 

Make them think he is playing Soutar tonight to get them to stump up for fear of their new player getting injured tonight. 

Then repeat next week at Auchinleck where he could be cup tied. 

It's clear The Rangers are hoping Hearts will agree to a cut price deal so as to make the problem of Souttar go away. 

They did the same with Scott Wright. 

Sporting integrity 😂😂😂😂

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If it does cause detriment to the team Neilson must take some blame for playing the snake.

It’s his job to pick the best team. If Souttar is still giving his all then he’s in that team.  If he’s not, then he shouldn’t play.  It’s that simple.

There’s a bit of me that wants to see him rot in the reserves for the rest of his contract but I realise that’s just petty, childish emotion.  We’re still paying his wages and IF he’s still going to give 100% then he has to play.  

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Going by the now standard “whatever Neilsons says to the press, the opposite is probably true”  logic, Souttar won’t be in the squad 

I watched the interview yesterday, a told this article is written by a Jambo. Was sent to me in the Pm. Makes a lot of sense, Robbie is telling as much the truth as he can, cornered on Souttar and has options on Hendo depending on if we get a striker in. It is a good read, has a bit more depth in it than the other shite written by certain pressers.

Edited by Factuer Moi

20 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

And the boo boys get no blame whatsoever? 

Do we actually want Hearts to win? Of course we do. So behave accordingly.

If I was going to boo, I would boo the rule-makers who allow pre-contracts within the same league. That's what caused this problem, not Souttar.

47 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Questions are:

2. How will booing help?

Booing won't help... but a packed Tynecastle, full of emotion (and because fans are fans) will occur if he plays, whether we like it or not. I hate booing, I have never booed one of our own and I'm not about to start - as it IS detrimental to the 'team'. This is one reason why he shouldn't play. The other reason is, he has signed for another team - a rival no less and on top of that, he has stated he WANTS to leave this month! IMO this is not a player committed to our cause. He shouldn't be any where near the first team squad IMO.

8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And the boo boys get no blame whatsoever? 

Do we actually want Hearts to win? Of course we do. So behave accordingly.

If I was going to boo, I would boo the rule-makers who allow pre-contracts within the same league. That's what caused this problem, not Souttar.

One of the most sensible posts yet.  The boo boys have to ask themselves what is more important, supporting our team and cheering them on to a win, or enjoying the self satisfaction of booing and harrying Souttar with the risk of disrupting our play?

I know which one I'd chose, do you know?