Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Going to be few posts tonight of confrontations between supporters.

Think RN is in for a shock and may have to sub Taylor Moore on.

Hope not. He'll get booed when his name is read out but it shouldn't go further than that until he is subbed off or it's full time.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Hope not. He'll get booed when his name is read out but it shouldn't go further than that until he is subbed off or it's full time.

It shouldn't, but it will.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Either way you're in for a treat. 

You Can pretend to enjoy the success led by Bob or go mental on the team selection after a bad result. 

Please Smithy, stop the Bob chat.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Canscot said:

My comment was aimed at all the radges making the GTF comments regarding Halliday. I was not personally attacking him although I can see how you could have been mistaken. 

No problem 

31 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Where’s Rimrod🤔

He's another slaver that won't reply in the hope that people forget he was talking utter shite.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Please Smithy, stop the Bob chat.

For Robbie's sake, I hope we win.

The “ Bob “ detractors will put 2+2 together, get 5 and blame him for any bad performance.

Souttar Souttar GTF Souttar GTF. Or.. Mr Wilson plays this before the game.. we will survive  😂

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Stretched it at Kingsley, I agree!

Smith has been a regular top performer since he came in, I'll never slate him, he's come to Edinburgh, committed himself here and performed very well.  He's settled himself and the family down and had plenty opportunities to leave, but hasn't been greedy or he'd have been away years ago.

Not a legend then. Just a good pro

No wonder he's being booed

We're not some Diddy club like Killie or St mirren. This is Heart of Midlothian FFS! 

Can you imagine Liverpool fan's accepting a key player signing a PCA with Man U? 

2 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

We're not some Diddy club like Killie or St mirren. This is Heart of Midlothian FFS! 

Can you imagine Liverpool fan's accepting a key player signing a PCA with Man U? 

Correct and the folk applauding him need a word with themselves.

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Do you really think we are rivals of Rangers in the same sense  Man U are rivals of Liverpool? Deluded if you do. The crowd tonight showed how unrepresentative of Hearts fans this thread has been. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Do you really think we are rivals of Rangers in the same sense  Man U are rivals of Liverpool? Deluded if you do. The crowd tonight showed how unrepresentative of Hearts fans this thread has been. 

We should at least aspire to be. Too pally with sevco is why we get called diet huns etc.

You think folk would be applauding him if he was heading to celtic in the summer?

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Probably a number posting are not even Hearts fans. Just agitators. 

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Folk applauding Souttar is very odd.

I know. When you're playing it out from the back, as we do, and Souttar is on the ball, with no cover behind him, it's a great idea to boo and try to put him off because ..... (you can explain that one)

Maybe those applauding had simply found a way to shut up the boo boys.

And it's as well that we had Souttar on the pitch, with Halkett going off injured. 

I can't stand Rangers but, as far as I can see, Souttar was playing for Hearts tonight and we picked up another three points, with another shut-out, whilst teams around us were losing or drawing. A good night's work. I'll applaud that.

Once again, a Neilson team prospers. Happy days.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

We should at least aspire to be. Too pally with sevco is why we get called diet huns etc.

You think folk would be applauding him if he was heading to celtic in the summer?

It is a small minority of our fans who get us the mini hun tag. Not the club or the vast majority of fans being pally with Rangers.  

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

I know. When you're playing it out from the back, as we do, and Souttar is on the ball, with no cover behind him, it's a great idea to boo and try to put him off because ..... (you can explain that one)

Maybe those applauding had simply found a way to shut up the boo boys.

And it's as well that we had Souttar on the pitch, with Halkett going off injured. 

I can't stand Rangers but, as far as I can see, Souttar was playing for Hearts tonight and we picked up another three points, with another shut-out, whilst teams around us were losing or drawing. A good night's work. I'll applaud that.

Once again, a Neilson team prospers. Happy days.

And sevco dropped points and a sending off maybe China syndrome setting in for van brokehorse

Anyone who is saying they wouldn’t leave hearts to join rangers is talking nonsense.  He’ll be tripling his wages, winning trophies and playing in the champions league.  Souttar isn’t a hearts fan like us, so he has no loyalty to hearts.  Some fans need to accept that footballers aren’t loyal, it’s a short career and they want to make as much money as they can.  
he shouldn’t be playing for us anymore but that’s up to neilson etc to make that call.  

1 minute ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

start him on saturday and the sub him as soon as the ball goes out for the he’ll of it 

Someone said he just needs to be on the bench for him to be cup tied

Didn’t boo him but didn’t applaud either. You can tell just before he got the ball the first time the crowd was dying to do it. Mind you souttar not going to his teammates to celebrate the first goal was an absolute disgrace. Even if annoyed at fans then thats still shocking

Telford_jambo123
Just now, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Someone said he just needs to be on the bench for him to be cup tied

surely you need to of played

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

The folk applauding made me embarrassed tbh.

have a break and at  least let the fans enjoy the win. 

Tonight showed that we are a far better team with Souttar, and his attitude and application could not be faulted. For that reason we should just keep him until the end of the season where it will be much cheaper and easier to replace him.

Boo’d the first time he got the ball. Didn’t bother after that. Thought applauding him was pathetic. 

Think though after tonight we’ve had our fun and we should just cup tie him at the weekend and leave him to rot till  his contract ends. 

He never went fully into a single challenge tonight or even celebrated our goals so there’s no way we can risk playing him against decent sides. However, by selling him to them this window we’re giving him exactly what he wants. Time for us to stand up for ourselves. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

have a break and at  least let the fans enjoy the win. 

Here, he had a cracking game but clapping a guy who's snuck off to join your rivals is tin pot stuff.

3 hours ago, kila said:

I agree. He’s a prick and I want him gone but booing his every touch is shite. We’ve got a match to win ffs. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Here, he had a cracking game but clapping a guy who's snuck off to join your rivals is tin pot stuff.

Probably wouldn't be clapping if others aren't booing. Can't have it all ways.

5 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Tonight showed that we are a far better team with Souttar, and his attitude and application could not be faulted. For that reason we should just keep him until the end of the season where it will be much cheaper and easier to replace him.

Masterpiece of a post, Renoir

Was surprised by the commitment by some to boo him the entire game.

To be fair he did put in a shift and we picked up the 3 points. It'll be better once he's gone though as this limbo state isn't good.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Exactly this. The boo-ing just got boring. They'd made their point - why the need to keep it up? The clapping started a fair bit into the game when it was just getting tedious, plus Souttar was playing well. His usual composed self using the ball well although he made a couple of slips. If they keep up the booing I think more and more Hearts fans will just rally round the guy. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Clapping makes our support look pathetic and accepting the shafting we're getting ,

There was always going to be boos and some might think it's ott but clapping a guy who is leaving under these circumstances? Na sorry .

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Happy Clappers 2 Boo Boys 0

Game I was at was Heart of Midlothian 2 St Johnstone 0.

Weirdly the 'happy clappers' (your name for them) only clapped the touches of one player in the Hearts team.

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Don’t think he had a cracking game…. His lack of pace caused us a couple of problems. Would love to see Gino run at him when he is playing for SEVCO.  

Don’t blame him for going, but he no longer is a Hearts player and deserves some stick. 

Edited by McCrae

Nucky Thompson

I wouldn't boo him while he was on the pitch playing for Hearts, but I would at full time and also if he got subbed.

Clapping him was just so fecking cringey :vrface:

Some Hearts fans are a bunch of pussies 

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Clapping makes our support look pathetic and accepting the shafting we're getting ,

There was always going to be boos and some might think it's ott but clapping a guy who is leaving under these circumstances? Na sorry .

Not sure they were specifically clapping JS more to drown out the boos.

Hopefully the point is now made, and we get behind the team against Celtic, no matter who plays.