Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Exactly my thinking. He’s only on loan because we weren’t able to get a permanent deal done. With him being here now he can push Bristol to agree a deal on his end as well as us. But what kind of message does it send if Souttar can do what he did and stay in the team? 

Totally! get him away from the senior squad and use the players that actually want to play for the jersey (which is a pretty good looking back line BTW)... not the ones that want away this month!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I thought he'd snapped one achilles twice and then snapped his other achilles?

anyways - I totally agree with the sentiment that we select potential replacements to play instead of JS so that we are as ready as possible for when he leaves.

didn't we also do pretty well without JS in the team in the earlier part of the season? don't think he'll be as big a miss as some think....

Yep, TM played the RCB role for two games... with two clean sheets IIRC.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

So was it confirmed today that Souttar was in fact with contact with the club about his move to Rangers? So the whole snakeing Hearts thing was made up?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

So was it confirmed today that Souttar was in fact with contact with the club about his move to Rangers? So the whole snakeing Hearts thing was made up?

All that was said was that Hearts were aware that he was speaking with other clubs.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

All that was said was that Hearts were aware that he was speaking with other clubs.

Yes and only because he had told them he was rejecting their offer.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Because he told them he wasn't accepting their offer? As in not doing the thing he has been baselessly accused of?

22 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

The only way he won't be in the squad is if we reach an agreement for him to be transferred immediately.

If that doesn't happen he'll 100% be in the match day squad tomorrow.

He won't, trust me 

14 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Sums it up.  Told the club a while ago he was leaving. 

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

1) negotiation with JS and sevco, I would be gobsmacked if JS added in a sell on clause to benefit a third party (Hearts). It will have a cost to sevco, less income should they sell JS in future. The might say ok we will put in a clause but reduce your wages, it just isn't going to happen.

Well yes...... but balance that against the fact that  they would be getting him for nothing now.  Sell JS for £3m in a couple of years, and they still pocket £2.7m  if JS has insisted on a 10% sell-on clause for us.   No need to reduce his wages.

Folk on here are in a rage, calling him a rat.  Maybe - just maybe - he's got a conscience, and has done a decent thing for the club who stood by him through his injuries ?

19 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I would suspect most of us knew back in November that John was looking elsewhere and that Rangers would be the likely destination. Nothing wrong with it or is it illegal, it is pre thought by the Agent and potentially John. Rangers must of been in some form of contact somehow.really pissed me off that it is being done when we need stability. Another piece that gets up my arse is that when we showed our CEO the offer to John, he neaded to sit down, such was the offer that John could of stayed 6 months and had a more fitting departure.

Now though we have the Radio snake charmer to deal with, the illness to a relative really blew it apart. A low level shot across the bows that shook me, no way would i ever insult anyone who does something for the benefit of others, in this case i will hold up on that part as i do not know anything about it. So here we are the night before the post lock out games and we are well and truely pissed off. That is the worst part of the last 7 days, we had the addition of Natty Akka and the extention signings of Halkett Kingsley Smith along with the previous Craig Gordon delights.

The Souttar affair pulled our pants down, i am wearing a belt this week.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

I would suspect most of us knew back in November that John was looking elsewhere and that Rangers would be the likely destination. Nothing wrong with it or is it illegal, it is pre thought by the Agent and potentially John. Rangers must of been in some form of contact somehow.really pissed me off that it is being done when we need stability. Another piece that gets up my arse is that when we showed our CEO the offer to John, he neaded to sit down, such was the offer that John could of stayed 6 months and had a more fitting departure.

Now though we have the Radio snake charmer to deal with, the illness to a relative really blew it apart. A low level shot across the bows that shook me, no way would i ever insult anyone who does something for the benefit of others, in this case i will hold up on that part as i do not know anything about it. So here we are the night before the post lock out games and we are well and truely pissed off. That is the worst part of the last 7 days, we had the addition of Natty Akka and the extention signings of Halkett Kingsley Smith along with the previous Craig Gordon delights.

The Souttar affair pulled our pants down, i am wearing a belt this week.

Bang on the money 

Alex McLeish has suggested Rangers could miss out on millions of pounds by keeping Connor Goldson at Ibrox this month.

The former Gers boss, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, admitted he does not think the 29-year-old will pen a new deal even if the Light Blues win the Premiership and qualify for the Champions League.

As reported by the Daily Record last week (Friday, 31 December), Rangers are set to renew contract talks with Goldson as he heads into the finals six months of his current deal.
The Gers will reportedly not sanction a transfer this month, even if it means losing him on a free in the summer.

They must have been eyeing Souttar for months, they are only signing him as a just in case, he wont get a game if Goldson stays. Guessing they really want to sell Goldson for millions and have a replacement (Souttar) ready so are not as relaxed about waiting for summer and getting him for nothing as they appear.

Edited by alanbauld
was not complete

lost in space
20 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He won't, trust me 

How can you be so sure Soutrar won't play? Is he fit? Can't see huns paying up at this time and Neilson looks as though he wants to play him.

Go on  give us a clue!!!

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Yeah, that's correct, part of me was worried I wasn't being clear with my feelings :)  Nobody loved Judas did they?

🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

How can you be so sure Soutrar won't play? Is he fit? Can't see huns paying up at this time and Neilson looks as though he wants to play him.

Go on  give us a clue!!!

John is available to play, at this point **** all can be done. Without instigating anything here, there is the option Rangers accept what we are asking.

John has no power in this part of the Pre Contract, as it stands he has given his word to Rangers. There are no further details as they have yet to be be signed off.

The essence of the agreements is that John signs for Rangers at the end of his deal with Us, then they step in and offer him terms etc.

It may also be said that he doesn't play V Them

So in effect unless our prayers are answered , John is very much our player, he plays tomorrow.

Edited by Factuer Moi

9 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

John is available to play, at this point **** all can be done. Without instigating anything here, there is the option Rangers accept what we are asking.

John has no power in this part of the Pre Contract, as it stands he has given his word to Rangers. There are no further details as they have yet to be be signed off.

The essence of the agreements is that John signs for Rangers at the end of his deal with Us, then they step in and offer him terms etc.

So in effect unless our prayers are answered , John is very much our player, he plays tomorrow.

My sentiments exactly 

The Wrinkly Ninja
51 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I can’t see where that is confirmed. Where did you find it?

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

My sentiments exactly 

It pains me to admit that i am hurt by the events, i cannot boo the Big Man though, not while he is wearing the famous.

Not a chance o that, i will whine like **** here though, well as much as i am allowed to.

What are your thoughts on these events , my sentiments are hay wire

13 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

He must know the terms already or he would be especially daft signing a pre contract agreement. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I can’t see where that is confirmed. Where did you find it?

He’s asking. Don’t think he’s stating it. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

He must know the terms already or he would be especially daft signing a pre contract agreement. 

The Pre contract is not the full on contract, it is an offer to sign the full on contract. So yes John would know the ins and outs of the full terms agreements at this stage. He cannot state them or can he hold them as he doesn't as yet have the right to.

The Wrinkly Ninja
14 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

If you are taking the view that he is very much our player and should play then why wouldn’t he play against Rangers? 

57 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

?

2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

If you are taking the view that he is very much our player and should play then why wouldn’t he play against Rangers? 

Because in ethics he is our player and also in both parties Sporting interests not to play him against his future club, due to terms agreements in the Pre Contract. Not stating that it is in there , i am saying it should be.

Edited by Factuer Moi

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

He’s asking. Don’t think he’s stating it. 

Oh aye. Right enough 😬

That makes two of us that want to know now!

Berra than you
47 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Because he told them he wasn't accepting their offer? As in not doing the thing he has been baselessly accused of?

I have no idea what went on so wouldn't accuse souttar of anything. There is a difference though between being aware he was speaking to clubs, and being aware he has signed with another club. Fwiw I don't think it matters either way, and it would be best for everyone if he moved on this month.

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, Factuer Moi said:

Because in ethiucs he is our player and also in both parties interests not to play him against his future club, due to terms agreements in the re Contract. Not stang that it is in there , i am saying it should be.

The pre contract is between him and Rangers. They can’t dictate when he plays while he is contracted to Hearts despite their best efforts.

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The pre contract is between him and Rangers. They can’t dictate when he plays while he is contracted to Hearts despite their best efforts.

I am positive that in the Pre contract it can be stipulated by Rangers not play him against them then.

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

I am positive that icontract it can be stipulated by Rangers not play him against them then.

😳not while he has an existing contract with us.

10 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

The Pre contract is not the full on contract, it is an offer to sign the full on contract. So yes John would know the ins and outs of the full terms agreements at this stage. He cannot state them or can he hold them as he doesn't as yet have the right to.

Fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I am positive that in the Pre contract it can be stipulated by Rangers not play him against them then.

It can't,  they have zero rights over JS until he signs for the, which he hasn’t.  It's in his own interests to get this done in January.  If he gets injured badly playing for us he has no club come summer if Rangers pull the plug.

Just now, db211833 said:

It can't,  they have zero rights over JS until he signs for the, which he hasn’t.  It's in his own interests to get this done in January.  If he gets injured badly playing for us he has no club come summer if Rangers pull the plug.

Yeah this is the corner John got Us and Himself into, Rangers are of course the Shepards. I also got tangled up in the pre contract, i still think John was tapped.

Money in the door tomorrow and John will be fine.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Alex McLeish has suggested Rangers could miss out on millions of pounds by keeping Connor Goldson at Ibrox this month.

The former Gers boss, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, admitted he does not think the 29-year-old will pen a new deal even if the Light Blues win the Premiership and qualify for the Champions League.

As reported by the Daily Record last week (Friday, 31 December), Rangers are set to renew contract talks with Goldson as he heads into the finals six months of his current deal.
The Gers will reportedly not sanction a transfer this month, even if it means losing him on a free in the summer.

They must have been eyeing Souttar for months, they are only signing him as a just in case, he wont get a game if Goldson stays. Guessing they really want to sell Goldson for millions and have a replacement (Souttar) ready so are not as relaxed about waiting for summer and getting him for nothing as they appear.

Not many Rangers fans I’ve discussed this with see him as a replacement for Goldson, more a squad player, as they realise they will need far better CBs than Souttar to play in the CL. 

17 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

thats complete rubbish. He’s our player until the end of the season. We are paying his wages. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, db211833 said:

They can’t pull the plug, it’s a legally binding contract. 

It's not worth sitting a player the whole rest of the season in a fit of pique but he should definitely be out of the squad tomorrow, just to let tempers cool a bit.

As I said before, start him in Auckinleck. It cup ties him and it gives him a chance to show something on the pitch outside of the cauldron of Tynecastle.

On another note, those who insist Pressley kissed the badge also probably insist that Levein passed notes to the sidelines and that Jamie Walker wore a Rangers scarf to Ibrox. Oh, and maybe that Sinbad made a movie called Shazaam.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

thats complete rubbish. He’s our player until the end of the season. We are paying his wages. 

Was covered above, i already saw my error. I was thinking something else and mixing it in with the pre contract side.

Edited by Factuer Moi

19 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Nope.... but Could he be trusted to play against them anyway?

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Nope.... but Could he be trusted to play against them anyway?

My error, i was looking at Us selling him and had the pre contract in my head at the same time, mixed them up.

John would be trusted to play against them, no arguements there. Unless you are a dirty rat like Levein.

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Well yes...... but balance that against the fact that  they would be getting him for nothing now.  Sell JS for £3m in a couple of years, and they still pocket £2.7m  if JS has insisted on a 10% sell-on clause for us.   No need to reduce his wages.

Folk on here are in a rage, calling him a rat.  Maybe - just maybe - he's got a conscience, and has done a decent thing for the club who stood by him through his injuries ?

FFS man, players dont negotiate sell on clauses - where on earth is this nonsense coming from?

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They can’t pull the plug, it’s a legally binding contract. 

Well they could. They would just have to agree compensation. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, briever said:

FFS man, players dont negotiate sell on clauses - where on earth is this nonsense coming from?

I think because Callum Paterson managed to convince Cardiff to insert one into his deal, I think we got £15k maybe. It’s extremely rare and would go against everything Rangers have ever done for it to happen in this case. 
If we sell him we might manage to get one though. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Well they could. They would just have to agree compensation. 

He would be due his whole contract which could be up to £3m, can’t see them doing that can you?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think because Callum Paterson managed to convince Cardiff to insert one into his deal, I think we got £15k maybe. It’s extremely rare and would go against everything Rangers have ever done for it to happen in this case. 

yep sure it got us £75k if i remember?

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's the only way we would get a sell on clause - if we sell him to the huns.

Find it strange Robbie only referred to talking to "teams" 

Never mentioned Rangers by name 

I think he's just trying to diffuse the situation and I think he'll pick the rat tomorrow night (just like CL when it comes to being stubborn or trying to prove a point )

Rat ***** should never pull our strip on again ... absolutely shafted us 

HeartsandonlyHearts
43 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Oh aye. Right enough 😬

That makes two of us that want to know now!

You, him and me.

And a few thousand others.