Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Just now, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Rangers will be happy if we play him and keep him fit.

Stuff that!!!!!

Sit in the stand for me.!!!!!!!

Yip, let the games begin....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

I agree re Elvis. I wasn’t best pleased the day he kissed the Celtic badge but to be fair he had been taking dogs abuse from the home support. He stepped up to the plate as spokesman for the gang of 3 against Vlad then he played the captain’s part in the Gretna final by taking the first penalty. Hearts legend as far as I’m concerned.

Gimme an H...
11 minutes ago, briever said:

I can think of the following who were equal or better:

Weir
Pressley
Webster
McPherson 
McLaren
Ritchie

Add Zaliukas to that. 

Souttar is no where near the best since Levein.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, lou said:

Let's not boo during the game if he plays it will only unsettle the 10 we are supporting, by all means boo when Scott reads out the teams but the minute they cross that line, all that matters is a Hearts win, he never was and never will be bigger than the club.

I don’t expect him to play before the end of the window, too risky with the injury time bomb he is. Hearts probably won’t even want him to train till the talks are over one way or the other. Any second that 3x patched up Achilles could pop. 

He’ll only play again for us if the window “slams” shut and his new club hasn’t bothered to buy him. If that’s the case they’ve effectively just left him here to rot for 6 months on our bench. He’ll maybe get a few squaddie minutes away from home with Moore Halkett Kingsley the new starting back 3 but Souttar will be decent cover and will still be a competent level of player in training to help push the starters on to Europe and the cup hopefully.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope you're right but I think Robbie will play him to show rangers that he meant what he said.

Robbie will play him.  Thankfully, he’s  not as petty as the folk on here and he’ll pick his best team.  If it turns out Souttar’s head is elsewhere and it’s affecting his performances then he’ll hopefully know when it’s time to drop him. 

For anyone thinking of turning up and booing his every touch tomorrow, that’s not going to help the team either, quite the opposite. Turn up, support the team, like we’re meant to, make your feelings known to him at the full time whistle if you must. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Robbie will play him.  Thankfully, he’s  not as petty as the folk on here and he’ll pick his best team.  If it turns out Souttar’s head is elsewhere and it’s affecting his performances then he’ll hopefully know when it’s time to drop him. 

For anyone thinking of turning up and booing his every touch tomorrow, that’s not going to help the team either, quite the opposite. Turn up, support the team, like we’re meant to, make your feelings known to him at the full time whistle if you must. 

We have to get used to playing without him - why not get our new back 3 settled?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye good luck with that one mate. There's no way the Hearts fans are not going to make their feelings on this matter known from the warm up, until the full time whistle. You are delusional if you think otherwise. We don't support a lawn bowls team! Proper etiquette goes out the window from the terraces! 

20 minutes ago, briever said:

I can think of the following who were equal or better:

Weir
Pressley
Webster
McPherson 
McLaren
Ritchie

I'd throw in Zal too for the impact he had on the club.

JS is a very good defender but he's not inspirational, if anything his time at the club has coincided with failure and missed opportunities.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agree with your last paragraph if he does play. 

We've all had our say we shouldn't let it affect our support for the team. 

Having said that I hope Robbie doesn't select him. 

I dread seeing the divisions in our support over this getting played out in the Stadium tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye good luck with that one mate. There's no way the Hearts fans are not going to make their feelings on this matter known from the warm up, until the full time whistle. You are delusional if you think otherwise. We don't support a lawn bowls team! Proper etiquette goes out the window from the terraces! 

If he is involved tomorrow night it will be interesting to see the reaction of the greater Hearts support rather than just jkb regulars. I suspect there won’t be 85% of 17000 booing him. 

14 minutes ago, Barry Radge said:

I agree re Elvis. I wasn’t best pleased the day he kissed the Celtic badge but to be fair he had been taking dogs abuse from the home support. He stepped up to the plate as spokesman for the gang of 3 against Vlad then he played the captain’s part in the Gretna final by taking the first penalty. Hearts legend as far as I’m concerned.

He didn’t kiss the badge. He thumped it. Even back then, being at that game, I knew fine well it was aimed at Vlad & Co. But it was obviously ill advised. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Laughable to think your plea to fans here will have any effect. You’re pissing in the wind with that. If he’s in the stadium, he’ll get pelters and it’ll unsettle the rest of the team. Shouldn’t be anywhere near Tynecastle he is a player that has left the club and should be treated as such. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he is involved tomorrow night it will be interesting to see the reaction of the greater Hearts support rather than just jkb regulars. I suspect there won’t be 85% of 17000 booing him. 

More important things to worry about tomorrow. 

Three points and a massive step towards European trips again. 

A deal will inevitably be done before the end of the window.

He also won’t feature until then in case injury jeopardises it.

I’d be surprised if hes in the stadium tomorrow evening

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

A deal will inevitably be done before the end of the window.

He also won’t feature until then in case injury jeopardises it.

I’d be surprised if hes in the stadium tomorrow evening

Here's hoping🤞

Apart from the general bad feeling I think ,if he plays,the biggest problem he will have is if he makes a mistake.

Any mistake like the one where he let Aribo go and he will get pelters.He also has a habit of getting back too slowly when he breaks upfield.This looks like somebody not giving 100% and that's when the abuse will come.

I don't think he will play as if we are trying to negotiate a fee then we don't want him injured.

You also have to wonder if this is a Van Bronkhorst signing or Rangers hoovering up players to weaken the opposition.Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You might be right. I don't think I will make it to he game anyway. Working in Middlesbrough tomorrow and don't think I will be home in time so I wont be Booing him.

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Laughable to think your plea to fans here will have any effect. You’re pissing in the wind with that. If he’s in the stadium, he’ll get pelters and it’ll unsettle the rest of the team. Shouldn’t be anywhere near Tynecastle he is a player that has left the club and should be treated as such. 

This ☝️

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This ☝️

Spot on we should be looking forward he has burnt his bridges and fell into the Sevco cesspit let him rot like a zombie 

5 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Apart from the general bad feeling I think ,if he plays,the biggest problem he will have is if he makes a mistake.

Any mistake like the one where he let Aribo go and he will get pelters.He also has a habit of getting back too slowly when he breaks upfield.This looks like somebody not giving 100% and that's when the abuse will come.

I don't think he will play as if we are trying to negotiate a fee then we don't want him injured.

You also have to wonder if this is a Van Bronkhorst signing or Rangers hoovering up players to weaken the opposition.Time will tell.

Think this is closer to the truth... smelltic are trying it with boyle at the minute. It's what the uglies do.... ably aided and abetted by our wonderful weegie-sycophantic-OF rim-licking-media.

The last thing we need is a CB, who doesnt want to play for us, pulling out of 50/50 challenges.

Souttar sits in the reserves or he leaves. These are the only reasonable solutions.

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It might not be 85% but a good 1/3rd of the stadium boo our own players for a minor thing like a 0-0 scoreline at half time, so for a player who’s treated the club with contempt? Yeah, he’s going to get booed. So he shouldn’t be there.

It all boils down to his new club, do they want him to rot here for 6 months, or buy him for Hearts asking price - it’s a binary choice for Rangers a or b. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And the Hun media bandwagon rolls on!

EC81EF64-274E-4972-B544-9CC010182D2E.jpeg

The funny thing is Connor Goldson is getting the exact same treatment, 10x worse probably :lol: 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Agreed. Weir and Pressley were epic. I know he is called a snake etc. but Elvis was the best captain I have seen at Hearts since the early 80's.

Won't have a captain or leader like Elvis again the man was a warrior. Will still go down as one of my favorite players to wear the maroon of Hearts. 

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And the Hun media bandwagon rolls on!

EC81EF64-274E-4972-B544-9CC010182D2E.jpeg

Not sure why Hearts are in the headline. Ball is in the Rangers court.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, briever said:

This do?

PhotoFunia-1642409109.jpg

I mean I pictured it with darker clouds and the potential for a thunderstorm, but all considering...... this is off the scale tremendous!  Bravo Sir :)

I would actually donate £20 to this cause.

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Won't have a captain or leader like Elvis again the man was a warrior. Will still go down as one of my favorite players to wear the maroon of Hearts. 

Same.

Sorry, ssssssssame

😀

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Same.

Sorry, ssssssssame

😀

I have made my peace with Pressley, he was wrong for thumping (not kissing) the badge that day but I believe he regrets that and the way he captained the club through 2005/6 season was incredible

8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aye whatever rocks your boat, hate the snake myself.

Got to keep this going  to end of window and beyond so they can't sell Goldson and are left with an uncommitted centre half getting pelters from the fans, plus Balogun and the other unconvincing defenders they have whilst the opposition have strengthened their attack in prep for next OF derby. Unless of course an acceptable fee is paid. 

Edited by Riccarton3

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not sure why Hearts are in the headline. Ball is in the Rangers court.

Cannae say anything derogatory about sevco! No way!... it's all big nasty Hearts fault and their supporters for not wanting to help or bend-over to sevco. As per usual, with our pitiful media.

4 minutes ago, lou said:

I have made my peace with Pressley, he was wrong for thumping (not kissing) the badge that day but I believe he regrets that and the way he captained the club through 2005/6 season was incredible

100%

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I know of 7 Season ticket holders who will give him a hostile reception 

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We could also take points from them. It works both ways surely?

We could but again looking at the table slightly more likely we take points from Rangers than Celtic. I just don't see us as a threat to Rangers that would make screwing us a major objective for them.

9 minutes ago, lou said:

Aye me too, it's a real shame it's overshadowed his contribution to Hearts

56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

More important things to worry about tomorrow. 

Three points and a massive step towards European trips again. 

Thought you said you were not going if Souttar is involved? 

55 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Agreed, he isn’t going to play until Feb if a deal isn’t done.  Maybe not even then if his replacement does well. 

27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The funny thing is Connor Goldson is getting the exact same treatment, 10x worse probably :lol: 

That’s football fans for you. 

33 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It might not be 85% but a good 1/3rd of the stadium boo our own players for a minor thing like a 0-0 scoreline at half time, so for a player who’s treated the club with contempt? Yeah, he’s going to get booed. So he shouldn’t be there.

It all boils down to his new club, do they want him to rot here for 6 months, or buy him for Hearts asking price - it’s a binary choice for Rangers a or b. 

It’s nothing like 1/3rd that boo at half-time at 0-0. Lucky if it’s as many as 10%. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought you said you were not going if Souttar is involved? 

At least ten times ( I exaggerate). 😄

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Got to keep this going  to end of window and beyond so they can't sell Goldson and are left with an uncommitted centre half getting pelters from the fans, plus Balogun and the other unconvincing defenders they have whilst the opposition have strengthened their attack in prep for next OF derby. Unless of course an acceptable fee is paid. 

Clearly if they find a buyer for Goldson this window we will get a decent fee. Just depends whether the club Goldson is going to in the summer is willing to pay for him now. 

On 24/12/2021 at 12:49, Smith's right boot said:

What's the chances of this being the big man's last game for us?

Bcd as well. 

200 (1).gif

This lasted well 😄

14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Cannae say anything derogatory about sevco! No way!... it's all big nasty Hearts fault and their supporters for not wanting to help or bend-over to sevco. As per usual, with our pitiful media.

Yep. So transparent. As someone above said more or less, if this applies to Souttar then that rag should be looking for Rangers to release Goldson from Ibrox

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just depends on how much they want him this season. The amount they offer will be a message to the player himself about how highly they rate him and how much they want him. They’re not going to offer £30k, it’s derogatory to the player and has zero chance of succeeding. They will basically have to meet Hearts asking price to get him now. 

Hearts have several million quid worth of European football to play for so I reckon it could be up to £1m price. It’s up to Rangers to meet our price in order to get him. He’s our player. The club doesn’t give 2 hoots about fan polls of fans in the huff that a player is leaving. 

To me the message seems to be, Hearts are financially comfortable and don’t need to sell, and not bothered for him to leave on a free as long as we achieve our objective of getting 3rd. We’re only letting him leave if we get the cash we need to replace him. 

So it just depends if Rangers are wanting him now or not. Either pay or wait.

So for that reason everything will depend whether they are selling Goldson, and how important GVB feels it is to get Souttar now. 

As for him continuing to play and give his all, to be honest I’ve got no doubts. He’s been out so long, he is enjoying his football. If anything he will need to up his game to impress his new manager. 

A rare outbreak out of reason in 58 pages!

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We could but again looking at the table slightly more likely we take points from Rangers than Celtic. I just don't see us as a threat to Rangers that would make screwing us a major objective for them.

This is about a league title for them and the pot of money at the end. Potential of messing it up over a few 100k. They are at it as per. He is currently worth between 500k and 750k when balanced against CL monies. They are a gambling club pushed on by anything  Celtic might achieve. Club should sit tight, play the player. No need to sell. At all.

Edited by Riccarton3