Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Berra than you
13 minutes ago, Largo said:

GVB has said in todays press conference the John will join Rangers in the summer . 

He actually said "we will see what happens in the coming weeks, but at the moment I will welcome hom in 22/23 season". The west coast media are putting out headlines saying he won't come till summer but in reality that's not what was said. Imo he's just trying to be respectful as at present he's still a hearts player.

Souttar should not play tomorrow.His presence will have a negative affect on the team and atmosphere.

I would give him some game time v Auchinleck and let Rangers know we are doing so.Then we need to indicate that Souttar will not be a first pick if he remains.We should as a club be able to make this stance.

It's then up to Rangers and Souttar.

IMO Rangers want him now and Souttar wants to go.The current impasse is about power and money.

Souttar is a good player but definitely one who cannot afford to be distracted or let his level drop.

He really needs to go but as a club we should not be walked over.

Jambo in Bathgate

Souttar is finished as a Hearts player. Tomorrow night he will most likely be booed throughout the game. This will in turn affect the rest of the team. Therefore to play him would be daft. 

Monsieur Maroon

I would play JS in January and tell Rangers the deadline for them to take him this window is the 24th. If no acceptable offer (and I mean a good fee and sell on) is made by that point I would drop him for Moore for the remainder of the season.  I would forego a crap fee as a message to other clubs and players thinking of doing similar to Hearts in the future that we won’t and don’t need accept poor offers for our players.  It will put our players off leaving on FCAs in future or if they do, should ensure we get something for it.

Hearts do not need to drop trou for £200k or whatever rubbish they are offering.  Then JS really can be really be saved by the gallant Rangers in summer from his Tynecastle hell.  I think overall it’s better business by hearts in the long term.

It never ceases to amaze me how efficient Rangers and their media gobshites are at putting potential rivals firmly back in their box. 

And so many fall for it, time after time. 

John Souttars contract to play football belongs to Hearts and nobody else. 
If someone meets our valuation he will leave. If not it will be up to Neilson to decide if he is the best option to play. 

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

Speaking of a rangers mouthpiece, Just listened to yesterday's sportsound.

Around the 12th minute Daryl Broadfoot thinks that most hearts fans should bask in the joy of having had JS & send him to the huns with thanks & best wishes. 

What a condescending weegie hun pr1ck. 

Indeed he is and yet some supposed Hearts fans on here are suggesting that’s what we do as well. 

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks to you both for the explanations. 👍  It seems  we could only get a future sell-on fee in one of 2 ways -

1) JS has put a clause in the PCA indicating that the eventual contract must include a sell-on clause in favour of Hearts for X percentage

or

2) Rangers & Hearts negotiate during January to do the transfer this month - an up-front fee plus future sell-on percentage  - which makes the PCA redundant.

Yes, and in the case of 1) we’re completely relying on JS to do a classy thing off his own back.  

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Indeed he is and yet some supposed Hearts fans on here are suggesting that’s what we do as well. 

Didn't see any posts saying that ?

Broadfoot , as well as being a hun , is a professional apologist for our rulers 

Bob needs to get himself on the same hymn sheet. If he doesn't drop him he'll be inviting unneeded pressure on himself as well.

Has he not dropped someone in the past for being an unnecessary distraction? Sure he has. I remember him talking about the team needing to be focused.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

1 hour ago, briever said:

He's got a Scotland place to fight for.

He is a Hun. 

He won't be bothered unless it's to further his career. 

Leave him to stew until the 1st of June if Sevco don't pay up. 

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Bob needs to get himself on the same hymn sheet. If he doesn't drop him he'll be inviting unneeded pressure on himself as well.

Has he not dropped someone in the past for being an unnecessary distraction? Sure he has. I remember him talking about the team needing to be focused.

I agree however he still plays Halliday when required despite his obvious leanings towards Rangers and continual spouting about them.

1 hour ago, briever said:

He's got a Scotland place to fight for.

Not so sure he will need to fight for it once he is at his preferred new workplace.

section s heart

Don't think Souttar will play tomorrow. He'll either be flagged up as a potential distraction (which he would be), or Robbie will use the old line that he got a knock in training. 

Our priority is to win the match, and  we're better using Moore or Smith at the back in the circumstances. 

These things are "part and parcel of football" and Souttar has "assured" Rob he'll give "100%" so there's no chance he's being left out.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Souttar refusing to sign any new deal with Hearts is to prevent us making money while strengthening Rangers. He's a rat ******* and he knows what he's up to. He does not give a **** about Hearts, that much is now clear. So why the **** should we play him when he'll not be committed? Let's ruin his football career (Scotland call ups) for the next 6 months instead of letting him have his cake and eat it. His Hearts career is over. If he plays on Tuesday then Robbie is a fool. But I hope Robbie and the squad see him as a rat too.

Otherwise if we don't take a stance then we might as well just not bother competing with the Old Firm... ever.

This covers what I'm thinking .. don't like thinking this way, but it is all due to how JS has acted with us

37 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Souttar is finished as a Hearts player. Tomorrow night he will most likely be booed throughout the game. This will in turn affect the rest of the team. Therefore to play him would be daft. 

I agree.  

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree however he still plays Halliday when required despite his obvious leanings towards Rangers and continual spouting about them.

It's all wrong with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got all that media work in his contract with us in the championship.

He'll be for the chop.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Could Robbie not have come out with that statement before now. 

The statement from the club at the weekend suggested that they knew nothing about this. 

Looks like Robbies had a phone call from his old boss. 🤔

HeartsandonlyHearts

Drop him tomorrow. Let Rangers know he’ll be cup tied this coming weekend unless they meet Hearts asking fee. Ball would then be in the Newco court. Time for Hearts to take care of Hearts.

Today we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts.

Thats what they told us all back in 2020. Time to prove it.

No longer active
1 hour ago, kila said:

Souttar refusing to sign any new deal with Hearts is to prevent us making money while strengthening Rangers. He's a rat ******* and he knows what he's up to. He does not give a **** about Hearts, that much is now clear. So why the **** should we play him when he'll not be committed? Let's ruin his football career (Scotland call ups) for the next 6 months instead of letting him have his cake and eat it. His Hearts career is over. If he plays on Tuesday then Robbie is a fool. But I hope Robbie and the squad see him as a rat too.

Otherwise if we don't take a stance then we might as well just not bother competing with the Old Firm... ever.

Your post is full of emotion. We are all disappointed that he has decided that Sevco is his preferred destination. We need to do what is best for Hearts. I think that if we play him he will give his all - he has a Scotland chance that he wants and to play well for your club is a must to be involved with Scotland

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

"Wanting a fee" would be a result of ongoing talks. 

No. 

Hearts have named the price. 

Nothing else to talk about 

I feel that unless Rangers buy him now they will get a player low in confidence next season as it looks like it will be poisonous if he plays again. I understand Robbie playing him as to finish third is huge this season but against a Saints team fighting for their lives we will be playing into their hands if it becomes all about Souttar. We have good cover and plenty of experience of playing without him so leave him out and let them protect their asset. Shame it has had to end this way. 

Just now, jimbojambo said:

I feel that unless Rangers buy him now they will get a player low in confidence next season as it looks like it will be poisonous if he plays again. I understand Robbie playing him as to finish third is huge this season but against a Saints team fighting for their lives we will be playing into their hands if it becomes all about Souttar. We have good cover and plenty of experience of playing without him so leave him out and let them protect their asset. Shame it has had to end this way. 

Could be worth considering playing him in away games with less of a crowd to get on his back. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Could Robbie not have come out with that statement before now. 

The statement from the club at the weekend suggested that they knew nothing about this. 

Looks like Robbies had a phone call from his old boss. 🤔

Maybe RN (Hearts) naively thought there was no need to state the bleeding obvious . The statement from the club only referenced communication (or lack of it) from rangers 

I'll be kind and assume your last sentence was a joke 

4 hours ago, lou said:

I have made my peace with Pressley, he was wrong for thumping (not kissing) the badge that day but I believe he regrets that and the way he captained the club through 2005/6 season was incredible

Your choice, but it wasn’t just thumping the badge though was it - acted like a demented dick that day!

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

We don't need the Levein/Robbie stuff, Douglas. It detracts from the actual issues, and provides endless pages of utter pish, from folk with agenda's about either.

1st chance Neilson has had to speak himself about it & that's what he's said. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on it, and it's not some nefarious scheme concocted by Hearts. 

Rangers jumped the shark. Two parties to blame here. Them & Souttar. 

As it is, the dance goes on.

It says to me that RN is doing what he can to dampen the fires that have been started most likely to protect JS as I imagine RN still wants to play JS but knows it will be difficult if he is constantly getting booed

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he might have told us by now if he had. 

Not sure we can deduce anything from that.  He'd only confirm it to Robbie or the Board surely - not publicly. The old "undisclosed fee" thing perhaps ?

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

It says to me that RN is doing what he can to dampen the fires that have been started most likely to protect JS as I imagine RN still wants to play JS but knows it will be difficult if he is constantly getting booed

..he should have thought about that!

Both he and rangers have caused this. And whether we like it or not, both have created a 'situation' just when we're in third place and looking to kick on. It's all very well some of our support saying, 'grow up' 'that's football' 'it's happened before and will happen again' or 'he's just looking after his best interests'..... this is football. We're all fans and we all know (with the best will in the world) that come match day, if JS is anywhere near the vicinity of Tynecastle, the atmosphere will be toxic. There WILL be booing, there WILL be taunts and this WILL affect the team... at a very important stage of the season. There is nobody to blame but JS and Rangers... and how they've handled this. We expect it from the OF... but, for the sake of the team and our push for as good as we can do in the league, it's best all round if he's nowhere near Tynecastle. He won't/can't give 100% in these circumstances - FFS he's signed a contract with another team, he's stated he WANTS to leave in January!... not someone I want pulling on  a maroon jersey again.

30 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Souttar will play tomorrow. 100%. No doubt about it.

Correct, I said on this thread as soon as he signed the pre contract he will still be playing.  Neilson won't disturb the back line if he doesn't need too

best in the land
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

..he should have thought about that!

Both he and rangers have caused this. And whether we like it or not, both have created a 'situation' just when we're in third place and looking to kick on. It's all very well some of our support saying, 'grow up' 'that's football' 'it's happened before and will happen again' or 'he's just looking after his best interests'..... this is football. We're all fans and we all know (with the best will in the world) that come match day, if JS is anywhere near the vicinity of Tynecastle, the atmosphere will be toxic. There WILL be booing, there WILL be taunts and this WILL affect the team... at a very important stage of the season. There is nobody to blame but JS and Rangers... and how they've handled this. We expect it from the OF... but, for the sake of the team and our push for as good as we can do in the league, it's best all round if he's nowhere near Tynecastle. He won't/can't give 100% in these circumstances - FFS he's signed a contract with another team, he's stated he WANTS to leave in January!... not someone I want pulling on  a maroon jersey again.

This. And Neilson needs to be careful as he splits fan opinion as it is. 

If he plays souttar apart from cup game he'll be under pressure. 

Not that Neilson gives a monkey's about hearts fans anyway. 

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Souttar should not play tomorrow.His presence will have a negative affect on the team and atmosphere.

I would give him some game time v Auchinleck and let Rangers know we are doing so.Then we need to indicate that Souttar will not be a first pick if he remains.We should as a club be able to make this stance.

It's then up to Rangers and Souttar.

IMO Rangers want him now and Souttar wants to go.The current impasse is about power and money.

Souttar is a good player but definitely one who cannot afford to be distracted or let his level drop.

He really needs to go but as a club we should not be walked over.

Let Rangers know Hee Haw.  RN will be asked in advance if he's playing and Robbie just needs to confirm that he will one of our first picks.

I want him to play v Celtic, 20k booing Ratty McRatFace.

The club knew he was away, was just a matter of waiting for the clock to tick down. On the surface things were looking rosey and correct at the club. Word is that John is available to play, he has been training. The club accepted there would be no signing extention, Souttar plays.

19 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Maybe RN (Hearts) naively thought there was no need to state the bleeding obvious . The statement from the club only referenced communication (or lack of it) from rangers 

I'll be kind and assume your last sentence was a joke 

I'm beyond caring now. 

Last bit was just a bit of sarcasm because of Levein's intervention yesterday regarding John's personal situation. 

We move on and if the huns do stump up, the fans will never know whether it's 50k or 500k. 

So we'll never know if our club stood firm or capitulated. 

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Let Rangers know Hee Haw.  RN will be asked in advance if he's playing and Robbie just needs to confirm that he will one of our first picks.

I want him to play v Celtic, 20k booing Ratty McRatFace.

You seem to care more about making it a poisoned atmosphere rather than caring what’s best for us as a team on the day 

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How did he pass the Rangers medical then?

In a medical they will scan Souttars ankle and it’ll look fine, perfectly healthy, fully healed. Medical passed. Tells you absolutely nothing about whether it could potentially pop the next day. What tells you the risk is, the same ankle has gone 3 times in the recent past, the most recent time through an innocuous jump for a header as I recall.

As i say the boy is an injury time bomb so I would wrap him in cotton wool and tell him he’s on holiday till the window shuts, no contact or competitive training, just fitness, so should Rangers decide they want to pay up, he is injury free and we get the cash in paid full with no refunds. He should not be in any match day squads at all until after deadline day if he’s still here. 

Then that changes if the window shuts and his new club has decided to leave him here to rot, he can resume training and take up the squaddie role. Moore slots in the starting 11. It is time for us to prioritise getting a good look at Moore through a run of 5-10 games ASAP at RCB as a possible replacement for John next season and that’s the case whether John is here or not. And we also need to get a good look at Michael Smith at RCB now as well.

Neilson is a complete idiot if he picks him and thinks it’s business as usual. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You seem to care more about making it a poisoned atmosphere rather than caring what’s best for us as a team on the day 

Yeah, that's correct, part of me was worried I wasn't being clear with my feelings :)  Nobody loved Judas did they?

Edited by Armageddon

4 minutes ago, best in the land said:

RN is certainly his 'own' man... and I don't have a problem with that - but reading the link a few posts above, he states 'no one player big than the club' and 'IF he's part of the squad'.. I'm not sure he'll play him unless absolutely necessary. And, for the good of the team, I hope this is the case. We have 3 home league games coming up (in a row) at Tyne and I can see us dropping needless points if he plays with a support (whether rightly or wrongly) abusing him. It'll be a distraction that can be easily avoided... TM isn't as good as JS, but he's not THAT much worse that it'll cause dropped points IMO. We also have Smudge - so we're well (and ably) covered.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm beyond caring now. 

Last bit was just a bit of sarcasm because of Levein's intervention yesterday regarding John's personal situation. 

We move on and if the huns do stump up, the fans will never know whether it's 50k or 500k. 

So we'll never know if our club stood firm or capitulated. 

Really don't think we will capitulate . But , of course , that will be open to interpretation .

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In a medical they will scan Souttars ankle and it’ll look fine, perfectly healthy, fully healed. Medical passed. Tells you absolutely nothing about whether it could potentially pop the next day. What tells you the risk is, the same ankle has gone 3 times in the recent past, the most recent time through an innocuous jump for a header as I recall.

As i say the boy is an injury time bomb so I would wrap him in cotton wool and tell him he’s on holiday till the window shuts, no contact or competitive training, just fitness, so should Rangers decide they want to pay up, he is injury free and we get the cash in paid full with no refunds. He should not be in any match day squads at all until after deadline day if he’s still here. 

Then that changes if the window shuts and his new club has decided to leave him here to rot, he can resume training and take up the squaddie role. Moore slots in the starting 11. It is time for us to prioritise getting a good look at Moore through a run of 5-10 games ASAP at RCB as a possible replacement for John next season and that’s the case whether John is here or not. And we also need to get a good look at Michael Smith at RCB now as well.

Neilson is a complete idiot if he picks him and thinks it’s business as usual. 

I have spent the last few days winding myself up on whether John Should play, have called him Dopey. Right now i just want our club to be successful, and if that means Souttar plays then iwill not boo him while he is playing for us. Took a lot for me to get to this decision, nothing any of us can do about it.

7 minutes ago, best in the land said:

I've been a long time admirer of Robbie Neilson but I think it would be ill judged of him to play JS tomorrow at least. 

A lot of his more severe critics are just waiting on a downturn to rip into him. A poor performance tomorrow would be blamed on Souttargate and the knives would be out. 

Dont even think of what would happen if Auchinleck done a Brora. 😱

Fort Vallance

Stick him in the U21's till the end of the season. See how much he values his Scotland Jersey. The Jersey he wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for Hearts.

Brick Tamland
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Here’s Mother Theresa again. 
You seem to care more about making Tynecastle some kind of Old Corinthian arena by grassing on Hearts fans who swear at players and referees and sing songs with sweary words in them. 
Unless John Souttar is completely thick, he would have known selling his soul to Sevco would result in a fans backlash. 
By all means you stand up and shout “ignore them John, all the best with your new club, I hope you do really well with them”, to create a more positive atmosphere but I think you might be going solo on that shout. 
And you have no idea how the other players will react to fans booing him or otherwise.