Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Maybe Hearts have some bargaining power by telling Rangers that he'll be playing  for us against Auchenleck (and hence unavailable for them in the Cup) unless they pay X  to take him BEFORE the 22nd Jan.   

Of course, that could backfire on us if Rangers are happy to wait till the summer - in which case we're back to the issue of what effect a disillusioned Hearts support would have on the team if he plays.

Worth a try though, imo

If Souttar were to stay until the summer I dont see why fans would turn against him - other than his rat like behaviour in the last 2 weeks.  Make a statement that you're totally committed to the final 5 months of the season and play your best for the team.  The booing would be over in 5mins.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Initially I thought we were at the mercy of Sevco but it we leave him on the sidelines his participation in vital Scotland matches goes right down the pan…that will hurt him! He must have run this scenario past Sevco during his negotiations so I suspect it will be a “stand off” until the end of the month and then they will pony up some cash……

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don’t know that.  Let’s wait and see.  

Levein suggested as much and he seems particularly close to Jon

babertonjambo
58 minutes ago, lou said:

I wonder if he is training?

He certainly was yesterday Lou as I was up and Heriot Watt and saw it with my own eyes.  He was also wearing a blue training bib for good measure. 😒

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco will come in with 150k on deadline day. Watch these shitebags. 

I reckon you won’t be far off the mark with that.  They paid £200k to get Wright from Aberdeen after initially signing a pre contract. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein suggested as much and he seems particularly close to Jon

He was only speculating like we all are.  Levein was never in that position as a player himself.

3 minutes ago, babertonjambo said:

He certainly was yesterday Lou as I was up and Heriot Watt and saw it with my own eyes.  He was also wearing a blue training bib for good measure. 😒

Thanks, possibly is playing tomorrow then

7 minutes ago, briever said:

If Souttar were to stay until the summer I dont see why fans would turn against him - other than his rat like behaviour in the last 2 weeks.  Make a statement that you're totally committed to the final 5 months of the season and play your best for the team.  The booing would be over in 5mins.

He made a statement

He did it by signing for Rangers on a PCA.

It would appear he did so leaving the club to learn from Rangers social media account.

And if reports here are true, has asked to go this month.

Couldn't be less committed if he tried.

I would be astounded if he gave 100% over the coming months, with his head elsewhere, his fitness always a worry and a significant proportion of the fans on his back anytime he misplaced a pass

3 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Add Zaliukas to that. 

Souttar is no where near the best since Levein.

I'd say this even if he were with us today, big Zal was class, him and the Shepherd at the back, loved those days.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

This is about a league title for them and the pot of money at the end. Potential of messing it up over a few 100k. They are at it as per. He is currently worth between 500k and 750k when balanced against CL monies. They are a gambling club pushed on by anything  Celtic might achieve. Club should sit tight, play the player. No need to sell. At all.

Absolutely. They’re not the finished article, but Celtic have undoubtedly strengthened their squad and could still win the title.

Do TRFC think they need Souttar in their team for the rest of this season to get over the line? Or do they sit tight in the hope they’ll not need him and continue to show their disrespect for Hearts?

I suppose that’s the gamble.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

He made a statement

He did it by signing for Rangers on a PCA.

It would appear he did so leaving the club to learn from Rangers social media account.

And if reports here are true, has asked to go this month.

Couldn't be less committed if he tried.

I would be astounded if he gave 100% over the coming months, with his head elsewhere, his fitness always a worry and a significant proportion of the fans on his back anytime he misplaced a pass

He's got a Scotland place to fight for.

I'm the first to hold my hand up and admit I am the typical, fickle, football fan.

Do I want a negative atmosphere at Tynecastle tomorrow which could affect the squad as a whole? Of course not. Will I boo Souttar if he plays? Absolutely. He's made his bed and he will be reminded of that fact every time he pulls that maroon strip on again until his arse is booted out the door.

husref musemic
24 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Irony is a Rangers mouthpiece pontificating about what is owed and to whom.

Speaking of a rangers mouthpiece, Just listened to yesterday's sportsound.

Around the 12th minute Daryl Broadfoot thinks that most hearts fans should bask in the joy of having had JS & send him to the huns with thanks & best wishes. 

What a condescending weegie hun pr1ck. 

Edited by husref musemic

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Not sutting in the stands he doesn't

😉

I know, he must know this will be Scotland's best chance playing at a WC and consequently his only chance - that would surely have some incentive for him.

Just now, Locky said:

I'm the first to hold my hand up and admit I am the typical, fickle, football fan.

Do I want a negative atmosphere at Tynecastle tomorrow which could affect the squad as a whole? Of course not. Will I boo Souttar if he plays? Absolutely. He's made his bed and he will be reminded of that fact every time he pulls that maroon strip on again until his arse is booted out the door.

Souttar won't make the bench tomorrow,  he will be parked till the window closes then used as back up to Moore and Smith unless our valuation is met .

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have the papers run with the story about his brother's ill health? Surprised they are not making more of that tbh

It's only a factor relating to him not moving to England. I expect staying at Hearts till the summer ticks the box regarding his brother. No mileage, no pun intended, involved

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Souttar is selected to play and doesn't give 100% then he risks injury in challenges, he is now a liability to us 

Can someone with knowledge of how player contracts work answer this please ? 

Can a player signing a pre-contract  insist that a "sell-on fee for his current club" clause to be inserted into the eventual contract, and have that condition put into the pre-contract ?     In other words, could JS have already set the ball rolling for that when he signed the pre-contract ?   If such a thing is possible, how do we know for sure that he hasn't ?

Thanks  

Edited by Lone Striker

3 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Around the 12th minute Daryl Broadfoot thinks the most hearts fans should bask in the joy of having had JS & send him to the huns with thanks & best wishes. 

Just a moron. Best ignored.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

If Souttar is selected to play and doesn't give 100% then he risks injury in challenges, he is now a liability to us 

I feel like he’s a liability anyway. Anytime he played and took a heavy tackle I instantly worried he’d be out again for a considerable period. I’m looking forward to to having that concern.

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Souttar won't make the bench tomorrow,  he will be parked till the window closes then used as back up to Moore and Smith unless our valuation is met .

Would seem a sensible short term solution until 31st (the first part) and decent cover thereafter.

Edited by Riccarton3

10 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Around the 12th minute Daryl Broadfoot thinks that most hearts fans should bask in the joy of having had JS & send him to the huns with thanks & best wishes. 

🤣🤣🤣...aye Broadfud, because that's how you and the orks felt about the Gerrard leaving hunbrox to better himself at Aston Villa! What a twat!

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Can a player signing a pre-contract  insist that a "sell-on fee for his current club" clause to be inserted into the eventual contract, and have that condition put into the pre-contract ?     In other words, could JS have already set the ball rolling for that when he signed the pre-contract ?   If such a thing is possible, how do we know for sure that he hasn't ?

Thanks   

a pre-contract  ?   

Contracts are agreements between 2 or more parties. A pre-contract is just a contract that is going to start sometime in the future. In this case, because the starting date takes him past his current deal with Hearts, there is no need to involve Hearts in any way. The deal will be worked out between JS and sevco. 

The current deal is between JS and Hearts until the end of the season. Both parties are committed to keeping their side of the bargain, (playing for us in exchange for salaries), unless a new arrangement is made that both parties are happy with. Sevco would be introduced at this stage if a new deal can be agreed, as they would be providing funding to release JS out of the current contract. All cards are on the table as who gets what, JS gets a move, and a bigger wage, sevco get their player earlier in the season, and Hearts get cash, maybe a sell if it can be negotiated.

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

His agent has been working on his next move for months. Suspect they know where he is going come summer. 

Well if it’s a summer move JS will be here until then, I just don’t see them spending money they don’t have too. 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks  

Of course he can and I made that point the other day that we don’t know this hasn’t happened.  I think it would be unusual though.  Calum Paterson did it, although that wasn’t a pre contract as he was completely out of contract.  So if a player wants to negotiate that for his former club then it’s entirely up to him (and the club he is signing for) to negotiate that as part of a pre contract agreement.

4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Contracts are agreements between 2 or more parties. A pre-contract is just a contract that is going to start sometime in the future. In this case, because the starting date takes him past his current deal with Hearts, there is no need to involve Hearts in any way. The deal will be worked out between JS and sevco. 

The current deal is between JS and Hearts until the end of the season. Both parties are committed to keeping their side of the bargain, (playing for us in exchange for salaries), unless a new arrangement is made that both parties are happy with. Sevco would be introduced at this stage if a new deal can be agreed, as they would be providing funding to release JS out of the current contract. All cards are on the table as who gets what, JS gets a move, and a bigger wage, sevco get their player earlier in the season, and Hearts get cash, maybe a sell if it can be negotiated.

👍... not really up on my 'PCA's' also... what would/could happen to JSs PCA with sevco if he gets injured again, whilst playing for us? ...can they tear it up? (genuine question.)

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well if it’s a summer move JS will be here until then, I just don’t see them spending money they don’t have too. 

League in the bag, aye?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍... not really up on my 'PCA's' also... what would/could happen to JSs PCA with sevco if he gets injured again, whilst playing for us? ...can they tear it up? (genuine question.)

I would doubt it.   Presumably it’s a legally binding contract, as is any contract, and it’s there to protect the player as well as the new club.  

59 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

So Souttar is off down the M8 in the summer, good luck to him. I only wish he had been less cloak and dagger with this. But it is what it is.

But what about now ? He is a Heart's player and we still need him to do a job for us. And it is in his interests to do that especially if he wants to be involved with Scotland this season.

I get the attitude some have with his decision, but some of us are hypocrites - how can on one hand we say he can rot in the reserves? which of course does us no favours, especially when we may well need a defender of his quality to be professional and ensure we achieve European football next season. (I might be in 2 minds about playing him against Sevco, but against anyone else, he would be shooting himself in the foot if he didn't give 100% to the goals of the team and play his best for Hearts) And then on the other hand expect Sevco to pay a fee for him to take him now ? - this weakens us even if we just use him as a back up player whilst starting Moore. Injuries can happen so we might need him more than we think! Those that don't want to see him in maroon again, I understand, but that is a passionate decision and not one properly thought through!

I think it is time to prioritise our aims and goals for the rest of the season. We have a player who has decided to move on in the summer, but he should be professional enough to do his job to the best of his ability for his current employers. A fair few fans will be vocal and treat him like a lepper. It will be interesting how he is treated if Robbie selects him and he bags a goal or 2 which he is more than capable of. 

He will get some stick and he is probably expecting that, but there is a wise time to do that, and we need to be savvy here. If we boo him whilst he is playing for Hearts then we may as well just let him rot in the reserves, but if we need him, and treat him right WHILST he is playing for us, he will see what it means to be Hearts through and through. We can aye boo him and tell him the error of his ways when he is not representing us!

We need to rise above this vitriol and save it for the right time. Hearts' season goals can be achieved.

Souttar refusing to sign any new deal with Hearts is to prevent us making money while strengthening Rangers. He's a rat ******* and he knows what he's up to. He does not give a **** about Hearts, that much is now clear. So why the **** should we play him when he'll not be committed? Let's ruin his football career (Scotland call ups) for the next 6 months instead of letting him have his cake and eat it. His Hearts career is over. If he plays on Tuesday then Robbie is a fool. But I hope Robbie and the squad see him as a rat too.

Otherwise if we don't take a stance then we might as well just not bother competing with the Old Firm... ever.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I would doubt it.   Presumably it’s a legally binding contract, as is any contract, and it’s there to protect the player as well as the new club.  

👍

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not our problem after June :)

10 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The current deal is between JS and Hearts until the end of the season. Both parties are committed to keeping their side of the bargain, (playing for us in exchange for salaries), unless a new arrangement is made that both parties are happy with. Sevco would be introduced at this stage if a new deal can be agreed, as they would be providing funding to release JS out of the current contract. All cards are on the table as who gets what, JS gets a move, and a bigger wage, sevco get their player earlier in the season, and Hearts get casFrom h, maybe a sell if it can be negotiated.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course he can and I made that point the other day that we don’t know this hasn’t happened.  I think it would be unusual though.  Calum Paterson did it, although that wasn’t a pre contract as he was completely out of contract.  So if a player wants to negotiate that for his former club then it’s entirely up to him (and the club he is signing for) to negotiate that as part of a pre contract agreement.

Thanks to you both for the explanations. 👍  It seems  we could only get a future sell-on fee in one of 2 ways -

1) JS has put a clause in the PCA indicating that the eventual contract must include a sell-on clause in favour of Hearts for X percentage

or

2) Rangers & Hearts negotiate during January to do the transfer this month - an up-front fee plus future sell-on percentage  - which makes the PCA redundant.

lost in space

If Souttar was bright - and I have seen no evidence to support he is -he would have done more to ensure playing for the rest of the season, thereby giving him a chance to play for Scotland.

He could have stayed at Hearts and signed for huns at end of season.

He could have (and may have) "required" Sevco put in a bid of £500k.

He could have received confirmation that Neilson would continue to play him (doubt that was likely).

He has gambled on his international career for one thing only - MONEY.  It may come back to haunt him.

10 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Going by Neilsons latest comments he’s playing on Tuesday, oh well, roll on the fun!

Think that was just paper talk trying to force The Rangers into bidding, I dont think Neilson/Hearts will be stupid enough not to read the room and have the rat nowhere near the team tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Largo said:

GVB has said in todays press conference the John will join Rangers in the summer . 

Hearts must have named their price

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t expect him to play before the end of the window, too risky with the injury time bomb he is. Hearts probably won’t even want him to train till the talks are over one way or the other. Any second that 3x patched up Achilles could pop. 

He’ll only play again for us if the window “slams” shut and his new club hasn’t bothered to buy him. If that’s the case they’ve effectively just left him here to rot for 6 months on our bench. He’ll maybe get a few squaddie minutes away from home with Moore Halkett Kingsley the new starting back 3 but Souttar will be decent cover and will still be a competent level of player in training to help push the starters on to Europe and the cup hopefully.

How did he pass the Rangers medical then?

I really really hope we tell rangers to **** off.  

Would love the snake to be stuck here for a few months so I can boo him like ****.

48 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks  

Think he might have told us by now if he had.