Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Anyone who took time out of their day to write a bad review on the guys business needs to have a word with themselves.

I can imagine any potential signing looking at this situation and thinking is it worth the hassle when they have a select bunch of halfwits intruding on a players private life.

All the great work our supporters do is always slightly blighted by a few absolute morons.

Behave,  its just a bit of banter, im sure nobody will take these reviews seriously. 

Wee Japanese guy " No way I'm signing for this club, have you seen the reviews they wrote about that cafe in Arbroath, ****ing shocking stuff "

😂😂😂😂😂

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he isn’t for **** sake 😂 

Pressley, Weir, Webster to name but 3 - all better by a very long way. 

even guys like Pasquale Bruno and Jose Goncalves were better 

Would add Zali - a very under-rated defender and as dangerous at set-pieces as Soapy. And Berra, Dave McPherson and Paul Ritchie. I like Soapy and he stands out because of his passing and runs forward, which is important to the way we play just now, making him leaving a sore one. 

However, he'll only be able to do that so well IMO if Rangers switch to a back 3. In a back 4 at Hearts it was Berra who stood out as the better defender alongside him as I remember in 18/19 before their injuries. Take that out of Soapy's game and he's a decent CB but not a massively commanding one. It very much will depend on who they play him with. Interested to see how he does but not as much as if he'd gone south.

No interest in him now. Just hope that Sevco come up with the appropriate amount of money for him so that we can move forward. If not he can go play with the youths. He’s finished now as far as most Hearts fans are concerned. 

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Behave,  its just a bit of banter, im sure nobody will take these reviews seriously. 

Wee Japanese guy " No way I'm signing for this club, have you seen the reviews they wrote about that cafe in Arbroath, ****ing shocking stuff "

😂😂😂😂😂

Its banter if you’re a moron.

1 hour ago, My half sister said:

It will be a tough decision for John if he gets in the World Cup squad and he has to spend a month in Quatar.

Surely he will withdraw! Seemingly Glasgow is the limit of his travel time…..

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, kila said:

Don't think polls survive thread merges but it was pretty much clear 90%+ of KB don't want him wearing maroon again.

Surely then they should have left it as it was. 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

A fantastic example of the Sevco PR machine in full Swing. 

This. It's annoying most of the abuse is aimed at Souttar. He's hardly in a position to tell them when to announce it.

This is all about Rangers using the media to make it as hard as possible for us to play him for the rest of the season so they can get him sooner and for as little money as possible. They've done it a thousand times before. 

Souttar's agent clearly only cares about the money because Rangers have now put his client in a very difficult situation if we play hard ball, which it looks like we will. 

48 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Anyone who took time out of their day to write a bad review on the guys business needs to have a word with themselves.

I can imagine any potential signing looking at this situation and thinking is it worth the hassle when they have a select bunch of halfwits intruding on a players private life.

All the great work our supporters do is always slightly blighted by a few absolute morons.

I'd imagine the coffee shop will be glowing in it's new found notoriety. It's just had national coverage free of charge...

I understand where you are coming from on the slightly blighted part but unless we accept a derisory offer the Daily Record will continue to pimp for Rangers and ratchet up it's disdain of all things HMFC. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

I'd imagine the coffee shop will be glowing in it's new found notoriety. It's just had national coverage free of charge...

I understand where you are coming from on the slightly blighted part but unless we accept a derisory offer the Daily Record will continue to pimp for Rangers and ratchet up it's disdain of all things HMFC. 

Any minute now we'll be accused of holding back Souttar's career by not just giving him to Rangers when they want.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Personally he's the best CB we've had since Levein. We should treat him exactly the same as any other player and he should fulfil his contract with us until June. The only games I would possibly leave him out for is against his next club. 

Hahahahaha he’s barely in the top ten ffs, McLaren, Ritchie, Bruno  Pressley, Webster, Zaliuskas, Goncalves, Weir, Berra all played at a higher level than he will. His stats are worse than 3 other CBs at the club this season 😆

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha he’s barely in the top ten ffs, McLaren, Ritchie, Bruno  Pressley, Webster, Zaliuskas, Goncalves, Weir, Berra all played at a higher level than he will. His stats are worse than 3 other CBs at the club this season 😆

Switch in McPherson for Goncalves and that's about right.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

..... The thing that’s really pissing me off though is that we’ll likely not get a penny for a player who could go for millions in a year or two.,

That's my main concern, and why I think we should just get rid now. I don't care about getting any money from them at the moment. As someone said earlier in the thread, any money we are likely to get will only be about the same as one month's FOH income.

Someone from the club should just get on the phone and say "Keep your money. Take him now, but we want a 50% sell on clause*".  Because we all know, that in 12 months time, he will get sold down south, with the usual "Old Firm supplement" added to the fee, and they will rake in millions. So I want Hearts getting a good wedge of that.

If it all goes wrong for him at Der Hun, and he ends up back at Brechin, then fair enough - we're not going to get a fee anyway, so nothing lost.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Switch in McPherson for Goncalves and that's about right.

I was going to say him but not sure if he’s since Levein 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was going to say him but not sure if he’s since Levein 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂

True, they overlapped. Since Levein was signed I suppose

Is John like an emergency paramedic or something? The guy drives to training in the Rapid Response Unit car by the sounds of it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Him hiding behind an ill family

member is a shocker, if he really cares he’s have not signed until the end of his contract and also not mentioned the health of a family member.

Here’s the tick list to keep an eye on:

- He tests positive for COVID so stays out the limelight.

- He makes a public monetary donation to MND Scotland and thanks them for their work.

- He does a very public newspaper interview about the health of a family member.

The fact he’s got Levein to talk about this is shambolic “Here Soapy, I’m going on BBC Radio Scotland, want me to me to mention anything to calm things down for how much you’ve ****ed this?”

Edited by Armageddon

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

Someone from the club should just get on the phone and say "Keep your money. Take him now, but we want a 50% sell on clause*".  Because we all know, that in 12 months time, he will get sold down south, with the usual "Old Firm supplement" added to the fee, and they will rake in millions. So I want Hearts getting a good wedge of that.

According to at least one report we are asking for add-ons. Totally agree it would be a very Rangers thing to buy him to try to flip him. Paul Ritchie is a cautionary tale for any player thinking Rangers is a guaranteed good career move.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

That's my main concern, and why I think we should just get rid now. I don't care about getting any money from them at the moment. As someone said earlier in the thread, any money we are likely to get will only be about the same as one month's FOH income.

If it all goes wrong for him at Der Hun, and he ends up back at Brechin, then fair enough - we're not going to get a fee anyway, so nothing lost.

It’s a good shout but they’re unlikely to go for that unfortunately. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Here’s the tick list to keep an eye on:

- He tests positive for COVID so stays out the limelight.

- He makes a public monetary donation to MND Scotland and thanks them for their work.

- He does a very public newspaper interview about the health of a family member.

One is out as testing is done through us, although as everyone is getting covid now it's not as big a deal as it was.

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Pish. 
I dont doubt his family members illness but:

If he was aware of that months ago then why didnt he sign a new deal at Hearts?

Or

Did he/was he talking to sevco months ago & knew this was in the pipeline?

Or

He was hoping for a big money move to the EPL but didnt get any interest?

I’m not buying the family members illness as a reason for signing for the tribute act!

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. It's annoying most of the abuse is aimed at Souttar. He's hardly in a position to tell them when to announce it.

This is all about Rangers using the media to make it as hard as possible for us to play him for the rest of the season so they can get him sooner and for as little money as possible. They've done it a thousand times before. 

Souttar's agent clearly only cares about the money because Rangers have now put his client in a very difficult situation if we play hard ball, which it looks like we will. 

According to google searches. 

These are the agents for JS. 

Could be wrong? Edinburgh company. Looks like it’s all about the money to me. 🤷‍♀️

https://www.linkedin.com/company/consilium-sports-group-ltd

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

One is out as testing is done through us, although as everyone is getting covid now it's not as big a deal as it was.

Ok a family member then and he has to isolate, somebody else will be blamed and he’ll wimp out of Tuesday.

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Are agents about anything else?

No. 😂😂

Not when an ex-Hibby/Celtic player is the director. Wee Jackie will be rubbing his wee boaby about this. 

Oh dear, look at the time. Seems like it’s a good moment to put this to bed , move on and stop hating a once loved player. 

It’ll be easier to sleep and enjoy the next game.

2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Oh dear, look at the time. Seems like it’s a good moment to put this to bed , move on and stop hating a once loved player. 

It’ll be easier to sleep and enjoy the next game.

I dont hate him, I hate rangers and I hate the way he has engineered his move away from our club. I have lost quite a bit of respect for him; however, I will still get my 8 hours in tonight and still give him dogs on Tuesday if he shows up 👍

I

56 minutes ago, ramrod said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I had a wee look at the link on here for trip advisor. 

It's actually very funny some of the reviews and there's as many piss taking posts from hun fans. 

You would have to be really thick not to cotton on to the wind ups. 

It's not going to do his business any harm at all. So all his fans on here can relax. 

It's a strange choice of business in a wee town. Where's his passing trade coming from . 

Celtic fans on the way home from up north 😏

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a good shout but they’re unlikely to go for that unfortunately. 

Obviously, 50% would be the starting point of negotiations. Personally, I would take nothing less than 30%. He may end up on the scrapheap so surely 30-50% of any "possible" transfer is a fair deal, considering they will be getting him right now for hee-haw

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

If its true he didn't give the club the courtesy of a heads up he was signing for them then quite honestly I hope his business fails. 

Two clubs released a statement on twatter  at the same time as in 1800 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

Obviously, 50% would be the starting point of negotiations. Personally, I would take nothing less than 30%. He may end up on the scrapheap so surely 30-50% of any "possible" transfer is a fair deal, considering they will be getting him right now for hee-haw

Sounds fair to me, still not sure they would go for it as we know that fairness isn’t something they’re familiar with. 

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

Rangers are in the bargaining strong position here.  There’s no way they’ll agree to 30-50%, they’ll tell us to ram it, take him for nothing in the summer with no sell on fee.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

It was quoted that our CEO neared a cardiac when he was told how much we’d offered Raticus to sign a new contract at Hearts. 

Who is Raticus?

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Was there any bids turned down before the pre contract 

No. 

And none of the other teams Interested are quoted of offering big money to get him earlier either. 

You'd think he turned down a £10m move to a top club and then decided naw, I'll go to Rangers for **** all just to piss Hearts off. 

The fact was a few  shitey English clubs were Interested in him on a pre contract ( no fee mentioned) and he chose rangers. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Rangers are in the bargaining strong position here.  There’s no way they’ll agree to 30-50%, they’ll tell us to ram it, take him for nothing in the summer with no sell on fee.

Are they though?

I suppose it depends on what happens with Goldson & whether they feel they need Souttar for the league run in & the Scottish Cup.

They also don't know whether we're going to sit their asset on his chorus for 6 months.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defending Souttar is a strange term. 

Viewing it from his point of view is more apt. 

To answer your question, he has a Injury past and has signed a Contract with a club worth more than Hearts could offer. 

This gives him more financially security. 

He's also went to a better team. 

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

A fantastic example of the Sevco PR machine in full Swing. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Sevco dont need him as according to some tav is even better when standing in at cb. :lol: Whilst back in reality when goldson leaves they are probably goosed if souttar ever gets a similar injury again. Just pony up even the 400,000 rumour will leave a few of them raging it seems 

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Are they though?

I suppose it depends on what happens with Goldson & whether they feel they need Souttar for the league run in & the Scottish Cup.

They also don't know whether we're going to sit their asset on his chorus for 6 months.

I would like the last bit to happen. 

It would suit JS as well considering his recently revealed personal situation. (which I fully sympathise 

with) 

Let's face it The Rangers are going to offer buttons if anything at all. 

Bugger keeping their player fit for them. 

Bazzas right boot

I think they'll pay £500k and a 10% sell on fee and he'll move this week. 

Souttar will be keen to leave now. 

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Are they though?

I think they are, although they do have a couple of injury prone centre backs. I thought Goldson was offski in the summer, refusing to sign a new contract?

The season ends in May, so it’s a maximum of months not playing, although not sure exactly when contract ends but he’ll have a pre season then ready for season starting in August, not sure that’s a big issue for Rangers.