Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Largo said:

GVB has said in todays press conference the John will join Rangers in the summer . 

Just flushing money down the toilet IMO.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Here’s Mother Theresa again. 
You seem to care more about making Tynecastle some kind of Old Corinthian arena by grassing on Hearts fans who swear at players and referees and sing songs with sweary words in them. 
Unless John Souttar is completely thick, he would have known selling his soul to Sevco would result in a fans backlash. 
By all means you stand up and shout “ignore them John, all the best with your new club, I hope you do really well with them”, to create a more positive atmosphere but I think you might be going solo on that shout. 
And you have no idea how the other players will react to fans booing him or otherwise. 

You have to assume some players will be thinking the same as us, Gordon, Smith, Halkett and Kingsley all signing on, they are the guys we need around this club, there are bound to be some thinking that Soapy is a twat.  Soapy doesn't seem to get his head around the fact we spent time and money getting him back from being sent to the glue factory.

I wouldn't want us to play him tomorrow just incase his wee chocolate ankle goes, we would be stuck paying his wages for the next few months.  Hopefully we just keep him wrapped in cottonwool on the bench, means we can still boo him when he's warming up but the risk to him getting injured yet again will be minimal.

9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Here’s Mother Theresa again. 
You seem to care more about making Tynecastle some kind of Old Corinthian arena by grassing on Hearts fans who swear at players and referees and sing songs with sweary words in them. 
Unless John Souttar is completely thick, he would have known selling his soul to Sevco would result in a fans backlash. 
By all means you stand up and shout “ignore them John, all the best with your new club, I hope you do really well with them”, to create a more positive atmosphere but I think you might be going solo on that shout. 
And you have no idea how the other players will react to fans booing him or otherwise. 

This saga has had its funny moments and that is one of them

😂😂😂 

If you want another go onto trip advisor for reviews on Soapy's coffee shop. 

best in the land
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I wouldn't want us to play him tomorrow just incase his wee chocolate ankle goes, we would be stuck paying his wages for the next few months.  Hopefully we just keep him wrapped in cottonwool on the bench, means we can still boo him when he's warming up but the risk to him getting injured yet again will be minimal.

His chocolate ankle hopefully will go when we play him in the cup to cup tie the rat

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I wouldn't want us to play him tomorrow just incase his wee chocolate ankle goes, we would be stuck paying his wages for the next few months.  Hopefully we just keep him wrapped in cottonwool on the bench, means we can still boo him when he's warming up but the risk to him getting injured yet again will be minimal

Surely that would become apparent when the accounts were published

11 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Stick him in the U21's till the end of the season. See how much he values his Scotland Jersey. The Jersey he wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for Hearts.

Not only stick him in the 21's but play him as a holding midfielder, just as a wee reminder of where he was at before Hearts rescued his career.

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I have spent the last few days winding myself up on whether John Should play, have called him Dopey. Right now i just want our club to be successful, and if that means Souttar plays then iwill not boo him while he is playing for us. Took a lot for me to get to this decision, nothing any of us can do about it.

There are many reasons for him to not play, at least until the window is shut. 

And there’s 1 reason for him to keep playing him, business as usual: he’s a slightly better RCB than Taylor Moore / Michael Smith.

I’d go with the many reasons not to play him tbqh 

2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

His chocolate ankle hopefully will go when we play him in the cup to cup tie the rat

I'd play him for the first min and sub him off.

20 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I have spent the last few days winding myself up on whether John Should play, have called him Dopey. Right now i just want our club to be successful, and if that means Souttar plays then iwill not boo him while he is playing for us. Took a lot for me to get to this decision, nothing any of us can do about it.

In a nutshell.  Simple, but many will get their knickers in a twist about it. 

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And there’s 1 reason for him to keep playing him, business as usual: he’s a slightly better RCB than Taylor Moore / Michael Smith.

Trust me , i went nuts. Stopped drinking early this morning, i been on it full tank since Friday morning. Wound myself up to **** , this has the potential to unhinge and dismantle every type of squad spirit right out the door. Returning after yet more closed games, to this shiteness. The whole situation stinks is pre thought out, i could go a lot further than shouting abuse, i thought those days were over.

No their ****ing not

Edited by Factuer Moi

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In a medical they will scan Souttars ankle and it’ll look fine, perfectly healthy, fully healed. Medical passed. Tells you absolutely nothing about whether it could potentially pop the next day. What tells you the risk is, the same ankle has gone 3 times in the recent past, the most recent time through an innocuous jump for a header as I recall.

As i say the boy is an injury time bomb so I would wrap him in cotton wool and tell him he’s on holiday till the window shuts, no contact or competitive training, just fitness, so should Rangers decide they want to pay up, he is injury free and we get the cash in paid full with no refunds. He should not be in any match day squads at all until after deadline day if he’s still here. 

Then that changes if the window shuts and his new club has decided to leave him here to rot, he can resume training and take up the squaddie role. Moore slots in the starting 11. It is time for us to prioritise getting a good look at Moore through a run of 5-10 games ASAP at RCB as a possible replacement for John next season and that’s the case whether John is here or not. And we also need to get a good look at Michael Smith at RCB now as well.

Neilson is a complete idiot if he picks him and thinks it’s business as usual. 

Well put 👍🏽

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its a catch 22 situation.hopefully they come in with a decent offer to release him now,its the most sensible outcome for everybody.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Not a bad shout 👍🏽

Bazzas right boot

I've got a feeling we'll play him in January, but if he's not away by the transfer window then he'll be dropped. 

No point in risking our own defenders via cloggers like St Johnstone and AT.😁

9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

In a nutshell.  Simple, but many will get their knickers in a twist about it. 

I got my knickers in such a twist that they snapped, good news is my baws are A Ok

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've got a feeling we'll play him in January, but if he's not away by the transfer window then he'll be dropped. 

I agree.

I think it’s a difficult situation for the club because if we don’t play him we show that we’re desperate to move him on and it doesn’t give us a strong GMS negotiating. Whereas if we do play him he will bring the atmosphere of the stadium down.

What I think will happen is that he will start against St Johnstone but be bench against Auchenleck.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don’t think it sends a good message. I’d rather see Moore given the game time to get good with the idea he’s our new starting CB. Think we have two games till we play Celtic, so it’s two games for Moore to bed in properly. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don’t think it sends a good message. I’d rather see Moore given the game time to get good with the idea he’s our new starting CB. Think we have two games till we play Celtic, so it’s two games for Moore to bed in properly. 

Definitely. I've liked what I've seen of Moore, time for us to get a better idea. He could be our next CB signing.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Many reasons not to play him would be my vote 👍

In fact there are so many I can't be bothered listing them. 

16 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Its a catch 22 situation.hopefully they come in with a decent offer to release him now,its the most sensible outcome for everybody.

The words “Rangers” and “decent” just don’t work together!

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks to you both for the explanations. 👍  It seems  we could only get a future sell-on fee in one of 2 ways -

1) JS has put a clause in the PCA indicating that the eventual contract must include a sell-on clause in favour of Hearts for X percentage

or

2) Rangers & Hearts negotiate during January to do the transfer this month - an up-front fee plus future sell-on percentage  - which makes the PCA redundant.

1) negotiation with JS and sevco, I would be gobsmacked if JS added in a sell on clause to benefit a third party (Hearts). It will have a cost to sevco, less income should they sell JS in future. The might say ok we will put in a clause but reduce your wages, it just isn't going to happen.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Many reasons not to play him would be my vote 👍

In fact there are so many I can't be bothered listing them. 

Please list them, allow me to snugle up when you do though

I wonder what he will do when his SevCo contract is up and the ill family member needs him as much as he/she currently does, will be interesting to see his future moves with this is mind.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's all wrong with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got all that media work in his contract with us in the championship.

He'll be for the chop.

I would be surprised if he is offered another deal.

53 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Stick him in the U21's till the end of the season. See how much he values his Scotland Jersey. The Jersey he wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for Hearts.

As he's signed a contract with Rangers, he will be guaranteed to be in every Scotland squad now regardless.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I wonder what he will do when his SevCo contract is up and the ill family member needs him as much as he/she currently does, will be interesting to see his future moves with this is mind.

The other brother at Stoke doesn’t seem to be that bothered 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

The cup-tie against Auchinleck will concentrate minds. If we play him  his value to Rangers this window plummets as he's cup-tied. I think we might see movement before then.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m now totally expecting a press release from Tynecastle at lunchtime tomorrow saying the deal is completed and he’s gone. 

Oh

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

If only we had an u21 team, what a difference that would make. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In a medical they will scan Souttars ankle and it’ll look fine, perfectly healthy, fully healed. Medical passed. Tells you absolutely nothing about whether it could potentially pop the next day. What tells you the risk is, the same ankle has gone 3 times in the recent past, the most recent time through an innocuous jump for a header as I recall.

As i say the boy is an injury time bomb so I would wrap him in cotton wool and tell him he’s on holiday till the window shuts, no contact or competitive training, just fitness, so should Rangers decide they want to pay up, he is injury free and we get the cash in paid full with no refunds. He should not be in any match day squads at all until after deadline day if he’s still here. 

Then that changes if the window shuts and his new club has decided to leave him here to rot, he can resume training and take up the squaddie role. Moore slots in the starting 11. It is time for us to prioritise getting a good look at Moore through a run of 5-10 games ASAP at RCB as a possible replacement for John next season and that’s the case whether John is here or not. And we also need to get a good look at Michael Smith at RCB now as well.

It’s his Achilles that’s been the issue not his ankle. Scans of the ankle joint will probably look fine. I’m sure they had reports from the surgeon(s) before signing him. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Moore should play and Soutter shouldn’t. We should have a better idea over the next 3 games whether Moore is the player we need for the rest of the season. It would be good to see how he links with Natty and it would be good to give him three games while Kingsley and Halkett are also playing.

There is still the possibility that Soutter will leave before the end of the month. I would rather we knew before the transfer window closes whether Moore is going to be the replacement or whether we need another body at the last minute. No point in rushing in a last minute replacement if we don’t need them.

No point finding out in February that Moore isn’t up to it when we can’t do anything about it.

Soutter looks after himself. We look after the club. 

20 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Poor taste comment. 

Well we all know that Robbie has history with what he says about players. He said that Souttar was giving 100% in training and that he would give 100% in the team IF SELECTED.

It will be interesting to see if he does start or is in the squad.

I agree with you regarding playing Taylor Moore, especially if we are considering keeping him.  Not so sure about Smith because we know what he can do in a variety of positions.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The other brother at Stoke doesn’t seem to be that bothered 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Maybe there before diagnosis. It’s a very fast disease. 

It depends on how close we are to a deal with der hun as to whether souttar will be involved tomorrow. If in positive negotiations, he won't be involved. If they are playing hardball, I could see souttar being on the bench and only coming on If we needed him. 

I'm hoping we play players who want to be here so Moore, halkett and Kingsley should be our back 3, with Atkinson and cochrane as wing backs. Still a very decent back 5. 

Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

It depends on how close we are to a deal with der hun as to whether souttar will be involved tomorrow. If in positive negotiations, he won't be involved. If they are playing hardball, I could see souttar being on the bench and only coming on If we needed him. 

I'm hoping we play players who want to be here so Moore, halkett and Kingsley should be our back 3, with Atkinson and cochrane as wing backs. Still a very decent back 5. 

More than decent I’d say - it’s our back 5 of the future and everyone is in their best positions 👍

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

You are spectacularly missing the point.
It is the way he has done it, he could easily have shown some loyalty to the club and the supporters that helped him through these injuries, and come back from them, by signing a contract extension with a modest release clause. That way, for the 100 or so games he missed because of his injuries, but got paid for, and for the fact that Hearts turned him into a full Scottish International, it would have been a way of him saying thanks for your support and showing a bit gratitude and loyalty, And, he would have still got 3-5 times his wages.
But he chose not to do that, he chose to go to Sevco for a medical and Hearts found out about that when Sevco announced it. That is incredibly disrespectful to everyone at Hearts, and I include the supporters in that, and it is a snakey, shitey thing to do and for that he deserves all the stick that comes his way.  
His choice to shite on us, our choice to either boo the ****er off the park or warmly congratulate him on becoming a Sevco player and wish him all the best… As a Hearts fan, and only Hearts, I’ll be choosing to not wish him all the best. 
The Sevco PR machine is in full flow and we will be painted worse than Boko Haram if we even think about booing him. 
**** John Souttar, **** Sevco and **** the lickspittle Scottish media. 

And you are missing the point that Sevco or any other team that would be interested would just let that contract run down and sign him for free anyway. Thus he misses out on another year of huge wages in his prime years. Not to mention he could get crocked first game out for Sevco and that could be it for him. At least he will have (assumption) a three year contract in his pocket for some compensation. Family first as I hope you and others who are slating him would do too. No?

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The cup-tie against Auchinleck will concentrate minds. If we play him  his value to Rangers this window plummets as he's cup-tied. I think we might see movement before then.

Snap.  Unless Rangers are happy for him to stay with us and pick him up free in June.  I now think that is the likeliest scenario given the Levein has said he won't be going anywhere else.

59 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Definitely. I've liked what I've seen of Moore, time for us to get a better idea. He could be our next CB signing.

Exactly my thinking. He’s only on loan because we weren’t able to get a permanent deal done. With him being here now he can push Bristol to agree a deal on his end as well as us. But what kind of message does it send if Souttar can do what he did and stay in the team? 

2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Souttar will play tomorrow. 100%. No doubt about it.

He will definitely not be in the match day squad tomorrow 100% take that to the bank 

Just now, ramrod said:

He will definitely not be in the match day squad tomorrow 100% take that to the bank 

The only way he won't be in the squad is if we reach an agreement for him to be transferred immediately.

If that doesn't happen he'll 100% be in the match day squad tomorrow.

I thought he'd snapped one achilles twice and then snapped his other achilles?

anyways - I totally agree with the sentiment that we select potential replacements to play instead of JS so that we are as ready as possible for when he leaves.

didn't we also do pretty well without JS in the team in the earlier part of the season? don't think he'll be as big a miss as some think....

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I thought he'd snapped one achilles twice and then snapped his other achilles?

anyways - I totally agree with the sentiment that we select potential replacements to play instead of JS so that we are as ready as possible for when he leaves.

didn't we also do pretty well without JS in the team in the earlier part of the season? don't think he'll be as big a miss as some think....

I think you’re right there, his brother has had problems with them also irc.