Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Exile fae Main Street

I have to say I don't see the correlation as to why JS wanting to be near his sick brother meant he had to sign with the Huns? Edinburgh's closer to Brechin than Glasgow is.... don't have any wish to abuse JS, just don't want him anywhere near our Club. The phrase he's made his bed.....

Bit tired of the sanctimonious claptrap being rolled to defend the guy, he's not a victim.

He needs to be gone, and let's see if his super duper caring new club come to his rescue. Not holding my breath.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

27 minutes ago, Trajan said:

Those defending Souttar are yet to explain why he couldn't do the decent, loyal thing by us and sign a year's extension on improved terms, thereby improving our stance on getting a decent transfer fee. You know, like club legends, Craig Gordon and Rudi Skacel, did. 

But then I suspect Souttar and McNamara wouldn't have gotten the same sign on bonus as they have now.

This ☝️

37 minutes ago, Trajan said:

Those defending Souttar are yet to explain why he couldn't do the decent, loyal thing by us and sign a year's extension on improved terms, thereby improving our stance on getting a decent transfer fee. You know, like club legends, Craig Gordon and Rudi Skacel, did. 

But then I suspect Souttar and McNamara wouldn't have gotten the same sign on bonus as they have now.

Edited by briever
Dupe

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

right up to a couple of days before robbie made a made a  public statement saying he was hopeful.  That statement hearts made was of of surprise.. it’s certainly wasn’t planned.

he’s made his bed. 

Plus the hearts statement on Friday basically said we weren’t aware he had signed a pre-contract. So unless the club is deliberately misleading the fans I think it’s clear the club hasn’t been certain of his plans.

(sorry just re-read your second sentence and realised you already said the same)

Edited by everton_jambo

25 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

The thing is, all those who are dishing out the abuse, would never ever have the stones to abuse John Souttar to his face. It's interesting they use the terms snake rat & Dopey when these terms apply  more to them.

I'd be happy to tell him to his face what I think of him.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Trajan said:

Defending Souttar is a strange term. 

Viewing it from his point of view is more apt. 

To answer your question, he has a Injury past and has signed a Contract with a club worth more than Hearts could offer. 

This gives him more financially security. 

He's also went to a better team. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defending Souttar is a strange term. 

Viewing it from his point of view is more apt. 

To answer your question, he has a Injury past and has signed a Contract with a club worth more than he would with us. 

This gives him more financially security than he would have if he signed with us. 

Not quite as he's still our player the rest of the season and could suffer a bad injury. Getting more money right away with a 1 year deal at Hearts on much higher wages would've perhaps been more financially sound if Rangers weren't willing to buy him there and then.

But I guess the Rangers sign on bonus is enticing enough compared to the higher wage we'd have given him for the rest of the season (and next if he did get injured).

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The EPL or any FA don’t make laws or can legally contravene them, it’s illegal. 

So the EPL clubs have made a gentleman’s agreement not to sign players on a pre contract from another EPL club then?

Why not in Scotland…..oh I forgot that won’t suit the OF! 😏

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s morally repugnant. It’s paper thin. It’s not even HIM that’s coming out and saying it FFS. If it were possible this wee interjection by his mentor has made him look even worse.

Just get him tae **** out of our club

Worse yet is according to Levein, he's spoke to Souttar to make sure its okay to wheel this narrative out in public to which he's agreed! Souttar obviously thinks it might've worked. How wrong he was. GTF John.

south morocco
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Worse yet is according to Levein, he's spoke to Souttar to make sure its okay to wheel this narrative out in public to which he's agreed! Souttar obviously thinks it might've worked. How wrong he was. GTF John.

Levein probably had a bet on the pre contract happening. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So the EPL clubs have made a gentleman’s agreement not to sign players on a pre contract from another EPL club then?

Pretty much. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It suits the OF, they get to undermine teams that might be challenging - they've been doing it for decades through their tabloid arms.

Pasquale for King
Just now, south morocco said:

That’s probably not far from the truth, or at least had a pal but a wedge on him signing for them. 

36 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

The thing is, all those who are dishing out the abuse, would never ever have the stones to abuse John Souttar to his face. It's interesting they use the terms snake rat & Dopey when these terms apply  more to them.

And I’ll wager you would have the stones to use the term snake rat to anybody’s face on here either…..

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

This is all part of Levein reinventing himself in the media.

3 hours ago, 77Mackay77 said:

His current job ends in less than six months. And he has accepted a new job on roughly 5-6 times what his current job is paying him while allowing him to still be close enough to support a very very sick relative. 

And you are the ******* embarrassment. I’m ashamed that you are actually a Hearts supporter.

And don’t try and be smart by putting words in my mouth, who mentioned it being brave? No one but you.

It is very clear to anyone that by signing for Rangers he has foregone his career ambition to play down south for the sake of his brother. Maybe he will end up there one day but perhaps not that is the risk he has taken. But a risk that is understandable in the circumstances. 

We’re done. Away and howl at the moon. 

Away and have a coffee and a cake at "Maison Dieu Coffee Roasters"

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You don't know why a paid pundit is covering the hottest news story in Scotland? 

One who has connections to both the club and player? 

Fair enough. 

Read the post again. Maybe a bit slower this time. No issue with Levein covering the story, but not sure why he is getting involved in Souttar's reasons for moving, particularly when they are probably a lot more complex than what Levein is spouting about. 

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Not quite as he's still our player the rest of the season and could suffer a bad injury. Getting more money right away with a 1 year deal at Hearts on much higher wages would've perhaps been more financially sound if Rangers weren't willing to buy him there and then.

But I guess the Rangers sign on bonus is enticing enough compared to the higher wage we'd have given him for the rest of the season (and next if he did get injured).

pretty sure the pre contract being signed will mean rangers have to honour it even if he gets a bad injury while playing for us. depends on terms of pre contract i would imagine but would be surprised if souttar would sign it otherwise 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Most of the die hard jambos I know continue to put money into the club with out so much as a second thought to themselves or their financial situation and have done for years. That’s why the FOH is so strong and thriving.

The man you refer to continued to suck money out the club, when his career at the club was over, as well as the very lifeblood and wouldn’t hesitate to throw anyone under a bus to save his brass neck. How fitting that one snake turns to another to release a statement with his approval and bang on about professionalism when that particular mouthpiece was a fraud, a charlatan and cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds and a demotion. He didn’t have the moral fibre required to be associated with our great club.

This statement merely sums up my feelings about his tenure and the worst spell of any Hearts supporter dating back to the mid 70’s 

Spot on, he’s never put a single penny into the club and taken millions out all told. 

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Also shows you Levein Can’t keep his paws off the club!

1 minute ago, Bill Bones said:

pretty sure the pre contract being signed will mean rangers have to honour it even if he gets a bad injury while playing for us. depends on terms of pre contract i would imagine but would be surprised if souttar would sign it otherwise 

That's true, there was talk of him having a medical there.

If he does get a sign-on bonus from them, when would he receive it? In the summer once he's no longer a Hearts player I'd hope.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, briever said:

This is all part of Levein reinventing himself in the media.

Getting paid also, Brechin won’t be paying much. Another manager who had nothing but disdain for the press who then join them when they get found out for the abject failures they are. 

2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Read the post again. Maybe a bit slower this time. No issue with Levein covering the story, but not sure why he is getting involved in Souttar's reasons for moving, particularly when they are probably a lot more complex than what Levein is spouting about. 

You tell me - to who’s advantage was it when this “Hearts Legend” came out with this?

Hearts or Souttar/Rangers?

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

EPL rule is no pre-contracts between clubs in same league before April 1 - makes a lot of sense 

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And I’ll wager you would have the stones to use the term snake rat to anybody’s face on here either…..

You'd lose.

26 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I have to say I don't see the correlation as to why JS wanting to be near his sick brother meant he had to sign with the Huns? Edinburgh's closer to Brechin than Glasgow is.... don't have any wish to abuse JS, just don't want him anywhere near our Club. The phrase he's made his bed.....

Bit tired of the sanctimonious claptrap being rolled to defend the guy, he's not a victim.

He needs to be gone, and let's see if his super duper caring new club come to his rescue. Not holding my breath.

And why did there have to be a pre contract? Sign in the summer, show some respect to your current club, stay near your family.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Also shows you Levein Can’t keep his paws off the club!

He’s allowed to comment on the club FFS. That’s his job as a pundit.

But what’s happened here is that he and Souttar have been in contact with each other and contrived a way to publicly take the heat off Souttar. His brother may well be seriously unwell and of course you can only sympathise, but to try and sell this to Hearts fans (no doubt that’s who it is aimed at) as a primary reason for joining Rangers on a PCA which damages us, is so transparent you’d actually laugh if it wasn’t our club they were talking about and our fans they are trying to hoodwink between the pair of them.

44 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

They'll be queuing up to give him abuse to his face on Tuesday. 

The only thing stopping them would be half a dozen stewards and a lifetime ban from matches. 

Not that I'll be there if JS is even in the squad I won't be there. 

49 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

So? Too right I'm not picking a fight with a 6 foot professional athlete. It doesn't stop him being an official Smithee approved prick

The Grim Reaper
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

What higher level though? He wasn't getting a move to the EPL

The English Championship is a much tougher league than the SPL, especially when you’re playing for one of them. Maybe he was worried his body and fitness wouldn’t hold up. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So? Too right I'm not picking a fight with a 6 foot professional athlete. It doesn't stop him being an official Smithee approved prick

Why not? One kick in the ankle and he’d be rolling about the pavement 😆

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

EPL rule is no pre-contracts between clubs in same league before April 1 - makes a lot of sense 

The Enforceability of Pre-Contracts in Football - BM Insights - Blake Morgan

The dispute involving Richard Brittain was ultimately resolved after Ross County agreed to pay St Johnstone compensation. In order to avoid similar disputes, clubs and players should exercise caution when entering into pre-contracts, as there is a risk of the parties being bound by the pre-contract at an earlier stage than they intended. A breach of a pre-contract without just cause would entitle the innocent party to compensation, and is likely lead to sporting sanctions being imposed on the party in breach in accordance with Article 17 of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players. If the parties do not intend to be bound by the terms of the pre-contract, then they should expressly state that the document is not the final contract and that its terms are not intended to be legally binding.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

The English Championship is a much tougher league than the SPL, especially when you’re playing for one of them. Maybe he was worried his body and fitness wouldn’t hold up. 

Spot on 

HeartsandonlyHearts
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Scottish football and making a lot of sense are not words we usually see in the same sentence. That’s the difference. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thanks 👍

14 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

You'd lose.

Sorry wrong to judge you on here - but pot kettle black…..

4 hours ago, 77Mackay77 said:

OMFG! Anyone having a go at JS about this needs to find a very large mirror and have a serious feckin look at themselves. Get a grip.

He has put the need of a family member (his brother btw) above his immediate career goals. And as he knows more than most, a footballer is only one tackle away from a ruined career so he has moved somewhere else securing a little bit more of his, his wife’s and children’s future while foregoing for now the challenge of the English championship and then hopefully the EPL.

Would he prefer his family member wasn’t seriously ill? Of course he would and he would gladly swap his entire career for that to be the case. But he can’t. So he is staying within a short drive so he can spend time with them and be there to support them and help them and the rest of his family.

And in doing that he has accepted less money than was on offer elsewhere. 

Would I prefer he was going down South? Yeah absolutely but not as much as he would prefer to be going down south.

How do you he accepted less money from Rangers?

How do you know he would have preferred to go down south to a mid table Championship club?

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not bothered about being a STAR at Rangers it’s more about the big BUCKS 🤮

Roaster. 

The sooner we tell Rangers how much this is going to COSTA the better. Its become a bit of a grind 

Edited by JimmyCant

Magic Numbers

Surely if the family thing was uppermost in his mind, and at the time we were offering him a contract on a decent sum, then he could have signed the deal with us on the understanding that we would allow him to leave if a satisfactory offer arrived either in January or at the end of the season. 

That would have ensured he received more money short term, didn't piss us off, we'd have received compensation of sorts for him, and he would still get his life changing cash at transfer time. 

Surely if we can't agree terms with the Huns now then he's actually worse off as he'll only be on his basic until his contract expires?

Smacks of an agent and player knowing for months about a pre contract offer and just biding their time.  I'm sure Van Bronckhorst won't have had Souttar on his list of targets as soon as he got in the door, probably find Rangers recruitment staff have been working on it for ages.

Definitely been shat on big time here and it hurts.  And yes, Levein has made It worse.

Edited by Magic Numbers

4 minutes ago, Magic Numbers said:

Surely if the family thing was uppermost in his mind, and at the time we were offering him a contract on a decent sum, then he could have signed the deal with us on the understanding that we would allow him to leave if a satisfactory offer arrived either in January or at the end of the season. 

That would have ensured he received more money short term, didn't piss us off, we'd have received compensation of sorts for him, and he would still get his life changing cash at transfer time. 

Surely if we can't agree terms with the Huns now then he's actually worse off as he'll only be on his basic until his contract expires?

Smacks of an agent and player knowing for months about a pre contract offer and just biding their time.  I'm sure Van Bronckhorst won't have had Souttar on his list of targets as soon as he got in the door, probably find Andy Halliday has been working on it for ages.

Definitely been shat on big time here and it hurts.  And yes, Levein has made It worse.

FTFY👍

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s allowed to comment on the club FFS. That’s his job as a pundit.

But what’s happened here is that he and Souttar have been in contact with each other and contrived a way to publicly take the heat off Souttar. His brother may well be seriously unwell and of course you can only sympathise, but to try and sell this to Hearts fans (no doubt that’s who it is aimed at) as a primary reason for joining Rangers on a PCA which damages us, is so transparent you’d actually laugh if it wasn’t our club they were talking about and our fans they are trying to hoodwink between the pair of them.

Haha so you start by saying he’s a pundit ffs but then explain my exact point - Levein and Souttar are clearly in contact if he knows there’s now this health issue, which shouldn’t even be discussed in terms of him moving, but he’s hiding behind anything he can - THE FUVKING RATTY SNAKE.

To think he could wear the badge again, ****ing traitor.

Fire_At_The_Disco

What I want to know is why is Craig Levein commenting on Hearts matters when he has Diddly squat to do with Hearts. The mans a roaster. 

54 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Most of the die hard jambos I know continue to put money into the club with out so much as a second thought to themselves or their financial situation and have done for years. That’s why the FOH is so strong and thriving.

The man you refer to continued to suck money out the club, when his career at the club was over, as well as the very lifeblood and wouldn’t hesitate to throw anyone under a bus to save his brass neck. How fitting that one snake turns to another to release a statement with his approval and bang on about professionalism when that particular mouthpiece was a fraud, a charlatan and cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds and a demotion. He didn’t have the moral fibre required to be associated with our great club.

This statement merely sums up my feelings about his tenure and the worst spell of any Hearts supporter dating back to the mid 70’s 

Post of the month! 👍

Magic Numbers
Just now, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

What I want to know is why is Craig Levein commenting on Hearts matters when he has Diddly squat to do with Hearts. The mans a roaster. 

Isn't it Souttar who is actually the roaster, even to the extent of doing it as a 2nd career??