Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

What I want to know is why is Craig Levein commenting on Hearts matters when he has Diddly squat to do with Hearts. The mans a roaster. 

John Daly now throwing his tuppensworth. Jesus wept

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

J Cheever Loophole

What sticks in my craw about all these shenanigans, is why HMFC, knew nothing about STW’s PCA until it was posted on the The Rangers web site?

If it was not down to only money, why did STW have talks with the English clubs?

Is the Latte any good?

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's happened to the poll? Can't see it since the merge. 

Don't think polls survive thread merges but it was pretty much clear 90%+ of KB don't want him wearing maroon again.

Neil Mccanns Wand
52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defending Souttar is a strange term. 

Viewing it from his point of view is more apt. 

To answer your question, he has a Injury past and has signed a Contract with a club worth more than Hearts could offer. 

This gives him more financially security. 

He's also went to a better team. 

‘Better’ is subjective. I’d argue Hearts are a better team to play for

Jean Louis Valois
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Now there is a man who shouldn't be commenting on Hearts, Hopeless. Does he even have a job in football now?

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yes just read that, all circling the waggons round their hun mate. 

The usual condescending stuff explaining what's what to us poor thickos in the stands.

GTF.

5 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

What I want to know is why is Craig Levein commenting on Hearts matters when he has Diddly squat to do with Hearts. The mans a roaster. 

He's an attention seeking loser.  Anytime I hear him slavering pish on the radio I have to switch off.  The creep should be banned from Tynecastle.

Fozzyonthefence
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And why did there have to be a pre contract? Sign in the summer, show some respect to your current club, stay near your family.

Because he would have been ****ed if he ruptured his Achilles again.  Rangers move and big money gone.  I’m not sure why people are struggling to understand this.  He’s basically being asked to give 6 months notice or whatever it is for a guarantee of a huge, life changing pay rise and probably doesn’t even have to move house.  It’s a no brainer if you’re in Souttar’s shoes which none of us are.  

I’d like to think that we might soon read about a sell on fee that he’s negotiated for Hearts but suspect I’ll be disappointed on that one but until then I’m keeping my powder dry. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Now there is a man who shouldn't be commenting on Hearts, Hopeless. Does he even have a job in football now?

He’s struggling a bit with his golf these days too. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The club have known for quite a while where he was going. It's not up to Hearts to announce it once it is official. 

I'd guess they knew last summer he was going. From your comments is the Rangers angle is a more recent development, are we talking weeks? Not that it makes a blind bit of difference wrt Hearts announcements - as you say not up to us.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The sooner we tell Rangers how much this is going to COSTA the better. Its become a bit of a grind 

😆👍🏽

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Putting out cones at St Pats for free. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Magic Numbers said:

Isn't it Souttar who is actually the roaster, even to the extent of doing it as a 2nd career??

He might get called something similar to a barista on Tuesday 😂

Not too impressed with Levein acting as his spokesman. Time he bowed out completely from Hearts. Disregarding anything else not informing Hearts about his Ibrox was disrespectful.

L

Edited by Cynic

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'd guess they knew last summer he was going. From your comments is the Rangers angle is a more recent development, are we talking weeks? Not that it makes a blind bit of difference wrt Hearts announcements - as you say not up to us.

I can only imagine that everything will have been agreed in principal for sometime but a deal would not have been signed until all the legal representives from both sides have combed through the wordings and clauses. 

The statement from Hearts is pretty standard and just advises he's still our player for now despite the agreement with Rangers being made. A few seem to have been making more of it.

I think we are in a better position than is recognised. He is desperate to go. I understand that. Also Rangers need to maximise their income by selling Goldson before he leaves for nothing. They can't sell him unless we agree to sell them JS this window. We can cup tie JS in a week's time as well. For me, we should accept nothing less than £1m plus 20% sell on and another £250,000 if he signs another contract with them in 3 years' time. If he leaves for nothing at the end of the season, so be it.  He risks injury and sitting on Sevco's physio table for a long time in the meantime. We have to stop rolling over. To go, maybe JS would want to contribute his signing on fee to smooth the deal?

Edited by tcjambo

29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Because he would have been ****ed if he ruptured his Achilles again.  Rangers move and big money gone.  I’m not sure why people are struggling to understand this.  He’s basically being asked to give 6 months notice or whatever it is for a guarantee of a huge, life changing pay rise and probably doesn’t even have to move house.  It’s a no brainer if you’re in Souttar’s shoes which none of us are.  

I’d like to think that we might soon read about a sell on fee that he’s negotiated for Hearts but suspect I’ll be disappointed on that one but until then I’m keeping my powder dry. 

If any player ruptures their Achilles' in the months before a move it's a problem, not every player does this though.

He can **** off, Hearts have had this confirmed by the rangers online team, we deserve more respect than that.

I think Souttar is going to play for us a good bit more this season.

As much as it's completely understandable (despite what wanks like Daly and Levein say), I hope he doesn't get the dog's abuse from Hearts fans the entire time. Maybe one game, have a song ready for him to give him a good what for, then do our best to let it go.

There's nothing good that can come of it. Hearts fans will be portrayed in media as bitter and small minded. Boos from the stands could easily alienate his teammates who may very well feel aggrieved but also have their own ambitions and will want to stay on good terms with him. It will damage our advantage at Tynecastle by poisoning the atmosphere.

Neilson should frankly leave him on the bench for our first few home matches to let the sting wear off a bit. Play him at Auchinleck but sit him at least against St. Johnstone. Maybe play him against Celtic—it's not like you can poison that atmosphere any more than it already is when they show up.

Definitely put him on against Aberdeen in March, though, and tell him it's his job to keep Scott Brown from controlling the match.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rather than getting "proxies" like Levein to speak, maybe Souttar could show some balls and speak himself? He's absolutely entitled to choose what path he follows in life. Equally, we want what is best for HMFC and that means supporting players who want to play for the club. To my mind, he's a sub at best for the rest of his time at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Rather than getting "proxies" like Levein to speak, maybe Souttar could show some balls and speak himself? He's absolutely entitled to choose what path he follows in life. Equally, we want what is best for HMFC and that means supporting players who want to play for the club. To my mind, he's a sub at best for the rest of his time at Tynecastle.

If he had anything about him at all he’d have conducted himself properly to begin with. So far he’s pissed on 6 years of rock solid support and used a seriously Ill relative to try and justify his behaviour. 

He’s a rat behaving like a rat. 🐀 

Neilson should do the smart thing and ensure that spineless cretin is never seen in a hearts top again. 

Dagger Is Back

I’m more than saddened to see JS head west. I’d hoped he’d go down south and show just how good a player he is.

I’d also hoped that he’d earn us some £. He may still do in terms of a transfer fee/sell on  clause. We’ll find out soon. 

He’s a young man who’s faced the odds head on and beaten them, and because of that I can’t blame him for securing his and his families future, no matter how much it will hurt to see him wearing those colours.

I can’t wish him ill though. Like some others I’m struggling to find the relevance of todays revelations in terms of his decision to go west and not south mind you. 

I was really looking forward to getting back to Tynie after a really shitty 2021 but not so much now.

I hope he’s away before then.

In terms of CL, he’s got massive balls made of brass that one. Made an absolute horses @@@@ of his job at Hearts and whenever I hear him on the radio it’s switched off pronto.

IMO CL is only interested in one thing and that’s CL. 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think Souttar's been hung out to dry by both Rangers (intentionally - they knew what they were doing when announcing the pre-contact) and Levein (un-intentionally as he seemed to be trying to help but has made it worse, especially with the comment about 60-40 tackles). Ok, he could have signed for us for less money, less chance of trophies and not even a guarantee a club will come in for him later, but realistically what footballers do that? I haven't seen a single example of a player at this stage of his career who has been at a club so long show that kind of loyalty.

Souttar though must have known all along that a ) We will want a fee for him in Jan to let him go straight away and b ) if he really wants to keep match fit for Scotland and play for us he'll need to do a lot of convincing to Hearts fans, especially now. Agree he can't do that through Levein or anyone else. We have good defenders and the means to replace him in Jan. He might end up regretting how this has played out as I get the impression from his weight at times that he's someone who needs regular games to stay fit.

Overall, though for me Rangers are the real baddies. Hope we stick to our guns.

Edited by ToqueJambo

59 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If only someone knew where we could hire a plane with a banner

What text would you go for?

I’d go for ONCE A RAT, ALWAYS A RAT, or, LIKE A SOUTTAR UP A DRAINPIPE. RAT OUT.

Edited by Armageddon

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not bothered about being a STAR at Rangers it’s more about the big BUCKS 🤮

Roaster. 

Coffee beans?

1 hour ago, kila said:

Don't think polls survive thread merges but it was pretty much clear 90%+ of KB don't want him wearing maroon again.

84% just before it disappeared from page Q 

2 hours ago, argyjambo said:

The thing is, all those who are dishing out the abuse, would never ever have the stones to abuse John Souttar to his face. It's interesting they use the terms snake rat & Dopey when these terms apply  more to them.

I'd gladly tell him what I think of him to his face.... But only if my big pal @sadj is there to back me up.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Read the post again. Maybe a bit slower this time. No issue with Levein covering the story, but not sure why he is getting involved in Souttar's reasons for moving, particularly when they are probably a lot more complex than what Levein is spouting about. 

Because he's a paid pundit that writes  articles about subjects that are topical.

It's not a head scratcher.

Complex, in what way?

What do you think he missed out?

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If any player ruptures their Achilles' in the months before a move it's a problem, not every player does this though.

He can **** off, Hearts have had this confirmed by the rangers online team, we deserve more respect than that.

He’s already done in it 3 times though.  Probably one more injury from his career being over like Levein and McLaren (both far better players by the way) so I can’t blame him trying to set himself up for life.  I hate that he’s doing it along the M8 but again understandable.  The thing that’s really pissing me off though is that we’ll likely not get a penny for a player who could go for millions in a year or two.,

highlandjambo3

Can someone summarise please….I cannot be arsed reading through all the posts:

As far as I can see via the hearts website statement, Soapy is currently now and will remain a hearts player unless rangers bid for him yes?

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

As far as I can see via the hearts website statement, Soapy is currently now and will remain a hearts player unless rangers bid for him yes?

Yeah, pretty much. 

You missed out the belly crawling snake ***** part, but otherwise that seems to be an accurate summation of where we are. 

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

The contents of the thread for the past 20 pages:

- Souttar is a rat (around 80% of the posts)

- Daly and Levein are clueless wanks who should STFU after defending Souttar (~3%)

- Souttar made his choice, we don't like it but we shouldn't moan about it (~2%)

- Souttar shouldn't play for Hearts again this season (~10%)

- Other (~5%)

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s already done in it 3 times though.  Probably one more injury from his career being over like Levein and McLaren (both far better players by the way) so I can’t blame him trying to set himself up for life.  I hate that he’s doing it along the M8 but again understandable.  The thing that’s really pissing me off though is that we’ll likely not get a penny for a player who could go for millions in a year or two.,

I'd be surprised. I think Souttar has reached his peak personally and if he does get that good more than likely Rangers will want to keep him. The only Scottish player I can think of doing that (using the OF as a stepping stone to England and making the OF a big profit) is Stuart Armstrong. I'm sure there are others but I'm drawing a blank.

I was interested to see if he can play against much more physical forwards in the EPL or even Championship but he won't prove anything at Rangers aside from that he's a very good defender at this level, which he's already proven with us. He might get the odd game against European clubs and do well, but he's already done well at International level so we know he can do that. The question is could he hack it in an elite league playing week in week out against elite forwards? We won't know that from him playing at Rangers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

This

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The contents of the thread for the past 20 pages:

- Souttar is a rat (around 80% of the posts)

- Daly and Levein are clueless wanks who should STFU after defending Souttar (~3%)

- Souttar made his choice, we don't like it but we shouldn't moan about it (~2%)

- Souttar shouldn't play for Hearts again this season (~10%)

- Other (~5%)

Get on the dot count thread , bud. 🙃😁

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Without being too negative there are a few contradictions in that post re the player . He on one hand could be a crock next weekend injury wise but in a few years could be worth millions? One presumes his injury prone career is going to take a massive turn around?

For myself I cannot blame anybody at all for wanting to take themselves further... I don't like losing good players but football is not only only a game it is a livelihood and anybody getting an offer to earn more and maybe improve future prospects has a right to pursue that course, in that respect I think any supporter expecting club loyalty these days is naive in the extreme. We have to get over it and move on.

Anyone who took time out of their day to write a bad review on the guys business needs to have a word with themselves.

I can imagine any potential signing looking at this situation and thinking is it worth the hassle when they have a select bunch of halfwits intruding on a players private life.

All the great work our supporters do is always slightly blighted by a few absolute morons.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, My half sister said:

It will be a tough decision for John if he gets in the World Cup squad and he has to spend a month in Quatar.

Good point, two huge “ifs” right enough. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Anyone who took time out of their day to write a bad review on the guys business needs to have a word with themselves.

I can imagine any potential signing looking at this situation and thinking is it worth the hassle when they have a select bunch of halfwits intruding on a players private life.

All the great work our supporters do is always slightly blighted by a few absolute morons.

Agree. We've gone form The Age of Stupid to the Age of Angry. Not a Hearts thing, the whole internet is basically 80% angry people. You have to wonder how these people cope with other disappointments in their day to day lives.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Personally he's the best CB we've had since Levein. We should treat him exactly the same as any other player and he should fulfil his contract with us until June. The only games I would possibly leave him out for is against his next club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Personally he's the best CB we've had since Levein. We should treat him exactly the same as any other player and he should fulfil his contract with us until June. The only games I would possibly leave him out for is against his next club. 

Even the cup final? :) I very much like the idea of cup-tying him and I think he would have been fine playing for us after a couple of games where he proves he's up for it. Levein's comments and his own silence have made that very hard, possibly impossible now though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Doesn't matter what they say he's contracted. If he wants to go, he or his next employer pays. I'd play him in the cup final and ask him to take a penalty against them if necessary lol

Another gem from Levein -Rangers Souttar deal is 'steal of the century. Congratulations for stating the bleeding obvious CL but is a pity You didn’t think like that when you left Hearts in tatters after your monumental **** up when in charge. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

no he isn’t for **** sake 😂 

Pressley, Weir, Webster to name but 3 - all better by a very long way. 

even guys like Pasquale Bruno and Jose Goncalves were better 

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If its true he didn't give the club the courtesy of a heads up he was signing for them then quite honestly I hope his business fails. 

He’s 100% testing positive tomorrow morning, or a member of his house is, total cop out Boris style.

Sticking with the coffee puns.  Get SHOT of the ROASTER.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Another gem from Levein -Rangers Souttar deal is 'steal of the century. Congratulations for stating the bleeding obvious CL but is a pity You didn’t think like that when you left Hearts in tatters after your monumental **** up when in charge. 

To be fair he was DoF when we signed Souttar (that was also a steal) and DoF/Manager when he extended his contract so he did what he could in that regard. He knows like all of us that we have missed out on a fee, more down to injuries than anything else though. Same as how we missed out on a fee for Levein back in the day.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he isn’t for **** sake 😂 

Pressley, Weir, Webster to name but 3 - all better by a very long way. 

even guys like Pasquale Bruno and Jose Goncalves were better 

It's all about opinions. Do you have to be so disrespectful?