Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Is this the same CL that left our club in tatters and continued to take a salary well after his sell by date.

Maybe we wanted to stay near all the injured players

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

An 88th minute substitution at auckinleck would be my last use of him, in order to potentially cup tie him if he moves early. Other than that, he can clean boots with the juniors till he goes. 

He should be cleaning the juniors boots.

That’s a great point about Harry Souttar, how can he survive all that way down in Stoke?  I hope he can secure a move as close as John has to this very sick relative, maybe Harry isn’t as heroic as John is. 

25 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

So if rangers hadn’t offered him a contract, he’d have stayed at hearts because of a sick relative? 

im sorry, don’t buy it. He’d have been off to Sheffield or further in a heartbeat. 

he’s going for the money and fair play to him. Just don’t expect sympathy from hearts fans. Hope he goes this week

In a nutshell.

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Is this the same CL that left our club in tatters and continued to take a salary well after his sell by date.

Can see why Souttar loves the guy 

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but is HMFC policy not to rear players and sell them on for big bucks?   

You cannot really blame a professional player for looking for a big pay day for what might be a relatively short-term career, especially one with a history of injury.   

I am just mega-disappointed he has opted to go to rankgers rather than down south somewhere. . . .   anywhere!

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Having read what Levein said he suggested that there were currently only two options available to him staying with us or a move to Rangers due to his family illness.

Nobody likes to hear of anything like this however if it was not about money why not accept a deal from us.

Joe Savage made it clear as did AB that the club wanted to keep him and made him the best possible offer they could.

The fact he has chosen to go to Rangers tells me it is about money. I don't believe for one minute that Rangers could not offer him as much as Stoke or Blackburn or any other club in that league. 

They are paying Morelos £32k per week. Would Souttar have been offered anything like that to go to England? Very much doubt it.

He has brought the vitriol on himself and he can suffer the consequences.

If they don't come up with the appropriate offer then it is sad to say this but I don't want him anywhere near a Hearts Team until his contract is up and he should be training with the Youth Squad and noweher near the first team squad as that will be unsettling for them.

Andrew McKinlay was taken aback by the amount we offered Dopey, that was before we were cornered

Essentially what SevCo have done is issue the statement, knowing the fans will kick off and want him out the club, then offer £50k to remove the problem from us.

Let him ****ing rot.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

That’s a great point about Harry Souttar, how can he survive all that way down in Stoke?  I hope he can secure a move as close as John has to this very sick relative, maybe Harry isn’t as heroic as John is. 

Could be one of John's in-laws?

Regardless, the info re health of relative is kind of irrelevant Vis a Vis playing for us. It may well have influenced who he signed for pre contract, but as far as his situation for rest of the season...

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You need to take yer sash off mate!

Hes a Hearts player thats shat on our club so we will be frothing as much as we like. 

😂🤣😅 so devoid of any perspective in life, so lacking in capacity to understand anything outside of maroon fanboy playground mentality, resorts to trying to claim I'm a Sevconian 😂🤣😅 not even the wherewithal to try and see the matter from a different more neutral perspective....what an existence 😬😵 like a Hearts version of the Tic/Sevco fans in Only an Excuse, sitting in your Hearts bedroom, duvet covers, alarm clock posters etc ranting & raving to yourself 🙄🤭

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I couldn’t give a flying **** what Craig Levein has to say. Near enough ruined this club.

Spot on. 

husref musemic
Just now, Armageddon said:

His brother will run out his contract at stoke & move to Montrose i gu

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

We have all been speculating on his reasons.  This comment from Levein gives us one of the factors which most if not all of us were not aware of and is relevant.  
might not totally change people’s opinion but I think reduces my anger to a certain extent. 
As others have mentioned, opportunity to reinstate Levein seethe for some. Bizarre reaction. 

You've been had.

He's spent a long time engineering this exit & gifting himself to the huns for free.

Releasing this story afterwards is a smokescreen & a scummy way to try to take the heat off.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Having read what Levein said he suggested that there were currently only two options available to him staying with us or a move to Rangers due to his family illness.

Nobody likes to hear of anything like this however if it was not about money why not accept a deal from us.

Joe Savage made it clear as did AB that the club wanted to keep him and made him the best possible offer they could.

The fact he has chosen to go to Rangers tells me it is about money. I don't believe for one minute that Rangers could not offer him as much as Stoke or Blackburn or any other club in that league. 

They are paying Morelos £32k per week. Would Souttar have been offered anything like that to go to England? Very much doubt it.

He has brought the vitriol on himself and he can suffer the consequences.

If they don't come up with the appropriate offer then it is sad to say this but I don't want him anywhere near a Hearts Team until his contract is up and he should be training with the Youth Squad and noweher near the first team squad as that will be unsettling for them.

I’m not sure Rangers or Celtic can match the wages of the bigger clubs in the English Championship.  Remember Naismith was on £50k a week there with Norwich and not even getting a game.  Christie left Celtic for Bournemouth, I very much doubt that was for less money.

You know how sometimes you’ve f***** up and been disloyal and rather than front up and be brave about it, and tell the truth about it, you’ve got a mate to lay down a thin veneer of a sympathy story that simply doesn’t make sense or ring true and it’s made things worse.

**** Off Levein and **** off Souttar 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

His brother will run out his contract at stoke & move to Montrose i gu

You've been had.

He's spent a long time engineering this exit & gifting himself to the huns for free.

Releasing this story afterwards is a smokescreen & a scummy way to try to take the heat off.

Or it could be the truth.  Haters gonna hate though. 

This 'information' has come to light, with the say so of JS himself, to try get fans back on his side. It's only going to make matters worse, imo. He basically just admitted he shat on the club for nothing other than money.

24 minutes ago, Sid said:

It confirms in the statement that he had John’s agreement.  

Yup and it just had to be Levein to stir up this shit-fest! 😏

What a load of tosh. The uk is tiny in terms of travel and there are loads of options. Levein’s being a complete arse - and I’ve defended him loads of times in the past 

MarkDevriesScores4

JS sitting in his coffee shop realising this has been a PR shambles. 

im sure he won’t care. He’s had 2 very expensive career saving rehab spells at hearts’ expense, taken his money and bolted. 

Just go now John. We have hearts to focus on and you’re an unwanted distraction.

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

1 hour ago, lou said:

Again, sorry to hear this but why have talks down south, it's very obvious that Hearts are going to be portrayed as the bad guys here 

Why did Stoke persist with their interest when a quick word with Harry Souttar would have told them they are wasting their time. 

JS is using his other brothers illness as a smokescreen which just makes it worse imo

And relating this info via C**** L***** is a new low. 

To all you Souttar apologists out there just read the comments from his media mouthpiece - this is not about a life transforming illness - it’s about life transforming MONEY!

00ED7D12-A34D-4FA2-8D52-717A8ABB73EF.jpeg

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Levein is an utter *****. 

No he isn't.  Alĺ his decisions never worked out but he's as big a jambo as anyone else on this site

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

John Souttar: Hearts defender ruled out English move for family reasons - Craig Levein - BBC Sport

Take a look at Leveins last statement here - DISGUSTING.

This excuse has made Souttar look very bad - and now Levein has made it worse.

"But he's a human being. If you've got a contract coming up in five months' time, where you know you're going to get money that is life transforming, those tackles that you automatically throw yourself into, you then have a situation that's 60-40 against you, do you go in for the ball?"

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

No he isn't.  Alĺ his decisions never worked out but he's as big a jambo as anyone else on this site

Aye right! 🤣

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

This 'information' has come to light, with the say so of JS himself, to try get fans back on his side. It's only going to make matters worse, imo. He basically just admitted he shat on the club for nothing other than money.

This rumour about the ill family member was on here a couple of days ago before he signed the pre contract.    It would be pretty sick if he was making that up.  

This excuse being trotted out just makes it even more insulting.

Now I know "football people" live in a different universe than the rest of us but using unwell relatives at anytime to justify being a tosser is disgusting, nevermind during a dangerous pandemic.

Still, he can now **** off and care for his sick relative until his contract runs out.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

He’s not a bigger hearts fan than me. Nor most of this site.

23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The fact he has chosen to go to Rangers tells me it is about money.

Just playing Devils Advocate, Rangers can feasibly be about much more than money.

He will get to challenge regularly for titles, play Champions League football (which is pretty much guaranteed if they win the league).

Most players want the chance to win things. That's just natural.

5 minutes ago, flem said:

I hope Neilson isn't stupid enough to play him. Every touch will be booed and rightly so IMO.

And you know how this will be portrayed by the BBC and media “DISGUSTING TREATMENT BY HEARTS FANS OF A PLAYER WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HIS FAMILY!”

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I don’t believe that to be true. 

Sympathetic towards the reasoning but why did Rangers announce it before Hearts/Souttar? Why during the Jan window to try and bully hearts into  a deal

Don’t care where he’s gone - it’s how it was done

Just now, lou said:

Me neither, how often would he pay to watch Hearts? 

To compare him to folk who have supported hearts through thick and thin? It’s definitely debatable. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This rumour about the ill family member was on here a couple of days ago before he signed the pre contract.    It would be pretty sick if he was making that up.  

I'm not saying it's made up, by no means, I'm saying that it's only being trotted out as a reasoning for shitting on the club because he thinks it will make the fans less angry.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Aye right! 🤣

Well you'd never admit your wrong as nothing fits your anti Leviene agenda. He bleeds maroon but unless he spilt it over your living room carpet you wouldn't believe it. He hot it wrong in the end but do you honestly hands on heart, believe it was a real conscious attempt to undermine Hearts?

3 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Just playing Devils Advocate, Rangers can feasibly be about much more than money.

He will get to challenge regularly for titles, play Champions League football (which is pretty much guaranteed if they win the league).

Most players want the chance to win things. That's just natural.

So Rangers offered him the same money as Hearts? Get real mate!

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s not a bigger hearts fan than me. Nor most of this site.

Who mentioned bigger?

Well you'd never admit your wrong as nothing fits your anti Leviene agenda. He bleeds maroon but unless he spilt it over your living room carpet you wouldn't believe it. He hot it wrong in the end but do you honestly hands on heart, believe it was a real conscious attempt to undermine Hearts?

He bleeds £££

22 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I couldn’t give a flying **** what Craig Levein has to say. Near enough ruined this club.

Exactly. Whilst I can quite enjoy some of his radio work , whenever he mentions us I usually turn it off.  

His statement is trying to put pressure on Hearts to release JS to the Huns early ffs! The act of a real Jambo? Do me a favour!

Feel sorry for John and his family if there's a close family member seriously ill, I'm sure we all do. But wheeling that out publicly just days after signing a pre-contract with a rival club is pretty pathetic.

A desperate attempt to try and save some face, executed rather poorly.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

He bleeds £££

Do you honestly think he has no affinity to Hearts othèthan money?

6 minutes ago, lou said:

Me neither, how often would he pay to watch Hearts? 

He announced on radio a few weeks ago his team of choice was Raith Rovers.

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Such a huge Hearts fan that he buggered off to Leicester on the eve of a European group campaign ?