Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Do you honestly think he has no affinity to Hearts othèthan money?

An affinity maybe….but bleeds maroon? Laughable!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

You just said he was as big a jambo as anyone on here. I don’t think anyone doubts he has or had an affinity towards us. I do think what you have said isn’t true. No way to prove it I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He announced on radio a few weeks ago his team of choice was Raith Rovers.

He said on Radio today he was a Hearts fan

His statement is trying to put pressure on Hearts to release JS to the Huns early ffs! The act of a real Jambo? Do me a favour!

I don't for a minute roll with the sick relative storry,Britain's travel network isn't that screwed up that he couldn't travel from stole to Edinburgh, but I do appreciate CL supporting a young  player. That aside I still consider Souttar a rat.

So Rangers offered him the same money as Hearts? Get real mate!

I'm not sure you know what Devils Advocate means 😏

Not saying money isn't a massive factor, but just that its ignoring Rangers other attributes.

Hes joining a bigger team, with better players, playing against better teams.

Doesn't mean I like it in any shape or form, especially how he acted, but 'player joins more successful team' is not some new phenomenon. 

It has probably put him in a funny position with Rangers fans. Primary reason for signing for them..... 'great club', 'win things', 'Champions League football', 'dream to play for them', 'one of the biggest clubs in UK' etc etc........nah ..... to be close to an ill relative.

These comments by Levein will have done Souttar no favours what so ever.

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Feel sorry for John and his family if there's a close family member seriously ill, I'm sure we all do. But wheeling that out publicly just days after signing a pre-contract with a rival club is pretty pathetic.

A desperate attempt to try and save some face, executed rather poorly.

It’s morally repugnant. It’s paper thin. It’s not even HIM that’s coming out and saying it FFS. If it were possible this wee interjection by his mentor has made him look even worse.

Just get him tae **** out of our club

Edited by JimmyCant

lost in space
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

He is an ex-player and an ex manager - so of course he has "affinity". That is not the same as being a fan. He is a Craig Levein fan.

His statement today shows that he is naive at best - with his final statement (re tackles) disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Changes his colours to suit his agenda then….    “Look I’m a Hearts fan but they need to let JS go to Rangers now!” spin! 😏

4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Webster would still be the worst for me - unless I'm mistaken he deliberately engineered a move using the rules at the time which gave Hearts no fee at all and got him to Rangers for nothing - much worse than any of the others. Never quite forgave him for that, despite his subsequent good play for us. Ritchie was also bad though at least he was embarrassed about it later. We haven't heard directly from Souttar so I would reserve judgement until I hear what he has to say about things.

That’s a fair comment and I do remember being pissed off at Webster at the time , he has gone on to rectify that for me though  .
As you say still to hear from Souttar but until we do (and he returns to us and wins a trophy , ) I’ll favour Webster 

4 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I'm not sure you know what Devils Advocate means 😏

Not saying money isn't a massive factor, but just that its ignoring Rangers other attributes.

Hes joining a bigger team, with better players, playing against better teams.

Doesn't mean I like it in any shape or form, especially how he acted, but 'player joins more successful team' is not some new phenomenon. 

Oh I know what playing the Devil’s advocate means - it usually means throwing a grenade in to stir the shit! 😏

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s morally repugnant. It’s paper thin. It’s not even HIM that’s coming out and saying it FFS. If it were possible this wee interjection by his mentor has made him look even worse.

Just him him tae **** out of our club

If I was in charge he'd be checking the COVID tests at the away end against the mhanks. 

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

He is an ex-player and an ex manager - so of course he has "affinity". That is not the same as being a fan. He is a Craig Levein fan.

His statement today shows that he is naive at best - with his final statement (re tackles) disrespectful.

Nailed it 👍

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

He's also a *****.

After The Watershed

With what I've heard and read, I understand the reasons and thought process of why Souttar has accepted the deal offered by Rangers. I don't like it but I understand it.

However, he didn't need to sign a deal now. After hearing the latest reason for him doing so, I can't understand why he would other than he wants to go now and is forcing the move. Why not wait until the end of the season?

A lot in life can change between then and now. His personal circumstances might change and a move south could be possible. He could have an outstanding end to the season with us and end up in the EPL instead of championship or Rangers. If Rangers really want him then why would they not be in for him then? 

For his sake I hope he does stay fit as I can't see his new club willing to take on a player out for a lengthy period. It's not only players that can pull out of pre-contract deals.

I don't wish him Ill. I don't wish him good luck either.  I do wish his family member well.

As for people already lining up to have a go at RN if he plays him, stop and think. He's dammed if he does, with some fans, and dammed if he doesn't, by the players. He's been left in a no win situation by Souttar and his new club.

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Feel sorry for John and his family if there's a close family member seriously ill, I'm sure we all do. But wheeling that out publicly just days after signing a pre-contract with a rival club is pretty pathetic.

During the negotiations don’t we think he couldn’t have insisted on no statements or announcements?  He just wants the money to roll in ASAP.  Trotting out this excuse, via Levein of all people, is utterly pathetic.

I wonder how long until we read “Souttar took painful SevCo deal to be able to pay for pioneering life saving treatment in USA for sick family member”.  

Hiding behind a sick person shows him for what he is, hope you choke on your wanky coffee beans.

46 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Andrew McKinlay was taken aback by the amount we offered Dopey, that was before we were cornered

Haven't a clue what you are saying.

1 minute ago, After The Watershed said:

With what I've heard and read, I understand the reasons and thought process of why Souttar has accepted the deal offered by Rangers. I don't like it but I understand it.

However, he didn't need to sign a deal now. After hearing the latest reason for him doing so, I can't understand why he would other than he wants to go now and is forcing the move. Why not wait until the end of the season?

A lot in life can change between then and now. His personal circumstances might change and a move south could be possible. He could have an outstanding end to the season with us and end up in the EPL instead of championship or Rangers. If Rangers really want him then why would they not be in for him then? 

For his sake I hope he does stay fit as I can't see his new club willing to take on a player out for a lengthy period. It's not only players that can pull out of pre-contract deals.

I don't wish him Ill. I don't wish him good luck either.  I do wish his family member well.

As for people already lining up to have a go at RN if he plays him, stop and think. He's dammed if he does, with some fans, and dammed if he doesn't, by the players. He's been left in a no win situation by Souttar and his new club.

:spoton:

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He announced on radio a few weeks ago his team of choice was Raith Rovers.

10 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Heard him say both of these.

Samuel Camazzola

I'm glad Craig was given the go ahead to reveal the reasons for JS staying in Scotland. I had heard the story a couple of weeks ago and that Hearts were aware of his intentions. I didn't want to quote anything as it was 2nd hand info and of a personal nature. 

JS has did nothing wrong and was well within his rights to secure a contract he felt was right for him and his family. The financial package is very lucrative which given his history, could quite easily be his last. 

The ones at fault in the whole situation (as well as Tony Watt's) are the SPFL who allow for same league pre-contracts to be signed. This could easily have been avoided if they had adopted the had followed the rules used in many other leagues. 

10 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I'll stand down in my support,there's no winning here. Personally I believe he wants/wanted the best for Hearts. However, obviously the majority here disagree. I'll say no more.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ehhhhh.. 

Snakes don't walk. 

😂😂😂😂

You should leave this thread to grown ups FM as always you post and post and post zzzzzzzzx.

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The ones at fault in the whole situation (as well as Tony Watt's) are the SPFL who allow for same league pre-contracts to be signed. This could easily have been avoided if they had adopted the had followed the rules used in many other leagues. 

Maybe Hearts and Motherwell should approach the SPFL and get this sorted out going forward so other clubs don't have to deal with the absolute circus it creates. 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I'm not saying it's made up, by no means, I'm saying that it's only being trotted out as a reasoning for shitting on the club because he thinks it will make the fans less angry.

He may be playing on it, looks like none us know at the moment.   Is it a very close relative or the kind you see once a year at Christmas, if that?   If it’s his mum or dad you can see why he would want to stay in Scotland but that still wouldn’t be enough for some on here. 

17 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Levein was a Raith Rovers fan till he joined Hearts, then built up an affinity for Hearts.  He managed Raith for nothing before he took the Dundee Utd job and told a friend of mine (a Raith sponsor) he became a Hearts fan after his time at our club.

33 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

"But he's a human being. If you've got a contract coming up in five months' time, where you know you're going to get money that is life transforming, those tackles that you automatically throw yourself into, you then have a situation that's 60-40 against you, do you go in for the ball?"

Maybe we should play Souttar against Celtic then, as he'll be committed to impress his new fanbase and might even injure himself rendering his pre-contract void. Oh what a shame if that happened.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Heard him say both of these.

Most on here have a real team and a plastic English team don’t they?  Or watch the likes of Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg when Hearts aren’t playing. 

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

An 88th minute substitution at auckinleck would be my last use of him, in order to potentially cup tie him if he moves early. Other than that, he can clean boots with the juniors till he goes. 

Wouldn't naming him on the bench, have the same effect. If so that would be my preference

Just now, kila said:

Maybe we should play Souttar against Celtic then, as he'll be committed to impress his new fanbase and might even injure himself rendering his pre-contract void. Oh what a shame if that happened.

Still early days, who knows what the next boot in the baws will be.

A tsunami of pish has already over flowed the hatches.

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, true-jambo said:

Wouldn't naming him on the bench, have the same effect. If so that would be my preference

Good shout. Not sure if a bench start counts but could be wrong. Agree with you if that’s doable 

Portable Badger
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Haven't a clue what you are saying.

It was quoted that our CEO neared a cardiac when he was told how much we’d offered Raticus to sign a new contract at Hearts. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe Hearts and Motherwell should approach the SPFL and get this sorted out going forward so other clubs don't have to deal with the absolute circus it creates. 

circus is spot on, what a complete carry on,

5 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Levein was a Raith Rovers fan till he joined Hearts, then built up an affinity for Hearts.  He managed Raith for nothing before he took the Dundee Utd job and told a friend of mine (a Raith sponsor) he became a Hearts fan after his time at our club.

Why did he announce on national radio a few weeks ago that “his team of choice” was Raith Rovers! 

59 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I couldn’t give a flying **** what Craig Levein has to say. Near enough ruined this club.

Totally agree. Absolute charlatan. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most on here have a real team and a plastic English team don’t they?  Or watch the likes of Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg when Hearts aren’t playing. 

Ah right - so what Levein meant was Raith were his plastic team and Hearts were his real team! 🤣

33 minutes ago, Locky said:

My thoughts exactly, it's pathetic and pretty disgusting to use a loved ones illness to your advantage and take the heat off yourself. Get him to **** as soon as possible.

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

This signing players on a pre-contract from a rival Club in the same league is a farce and open to abuse.

I believe it’s not allowed in the EPL.

Having heard a few of his interviews, I would agree Levein has an affinity with Hearts because he worked at Tynecastle. However, I don't believe he is a fan. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

😂🤣😅 so devoid of any perspective in life, so lacking in capacity to understand anything outside of maroon fanboy playground mentality, resorts to trying to claim I'm a Sevconian 😂🤣😅 not even the wherewithal to try and see the matter from a different more neutral perspective....what an existence 😬😵 like a Hearts version of the Tic/Sevco fans in Only an Excuse, sitting in your Hearts bedroom, duvet covers, alarm clock posters etc ranting & raving to yourself 🙄🤭

Ranting & Raving? See the post above 😂

Why did he announce on national radio a few weeks ago that “his team of choice” was Raith Rovers! 

I expect because it was his childhood team?  Most players have a childhood team but develop other loyalties once their careers take over. They play Saturdays and likely don't see games regularly.

Stephen Elliott, Johm Colquhoun etc wrere not Hearts fans as kids but would now tell you they are Hearts fans after playing for us - many of our ex-players seem to be like that.

35 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

No ambition. To scared to test himself at a higher level and took the easy option. 

What higher level though? He wasn't getting a move to the EPL

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ah right - so what Levein meant was Raith were his plastic team and Hearts were his real team! 🤣

I think it’s more that he was a Raith fan as a boy but became a Hearts fan after long spells playing and managing for us.  No idea if he’s a kiddy on Scouser or Manc as well, although that wasn’t really as fashionable in his day as it is now.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, bawheed said:

Noticed very poor reviews on JS new coffee shop over the last 24 hours, not sure if that's a coincidence.  

As many good ones from his new support, hope it goes bust. 

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

It may well have been a point that's been subject to a membership vote and is as it is due to the outcome. 

A lot of smaller clubs have been hit with this in the past but having two higher profile players just now has shone a spotlight on it. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This signing players on a pre-contract from a rival Club in the same league is a farce and open to abuse.

I believe it’s not allowed in the EPL.

It isn’t allowed down there but anyone challenging it would win as it’s illegal. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He may be playing on it, looks like none us know at the moment.   Is it a very close relative or the kind you see once a year at Christmas, if that?   If it’s his mum or dad you can see why he would want to stay in Scotland but that still wouldn’t be enough for some on here. 

As with many things, we don't know the whole story.  And with all forums, many will form their own opinion regardless.

I've no reason to doubt what CL has revealed, but again many on here will rightly wonder why it came from him. And many will also wonder why, in the circumstances he did not just sign a new contract with us.

However a footballer's life is short and especially when one has a record of serious injuries.

John has rightly put himself and his family first....as would anyone on here.

Yes, the whole situation has been badly handled but how about showing him just a bit of understanding, if nor compassion.  Let's not descend to the level of the scum from the west....we're Heart of Midlothian and above that vitriol.

I'll now await all the caustic replies.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, OTT said:

It’s the law there’s nothing these idiots can or would do about it as it’s suits their two favourite teams. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It may well have been a point that's been subject to a membership vote and is as it is due to the outcome. 

A lot of smaller clubs have been hit with this in the past but having two higher profile players just now has shone a spotlight on it. 

Yeah, honestly I wasn't aware some associations had banned it which I suppose looks a bit shoddy, (i.e only care because its happened to us). It should never have been allowed in the first place. 

Hopefully Hearts and co can successfully petition for it to be stopped. It makes a mockery of the competition. - one of our key players now doesn't give a **** and is joining a rival. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Such a huge Hearts fan that he buggered off to Leicester on the eve of a European group campaign ?

There were other reasons he left, his love of money being one.