Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’d imagine the SNP are breathing a sigh of relief. 
Especially that wee fraud Sturgeon. 
They have shat themselves if it had went the otter way :lol: 

This is of course probably correct. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

The Natural Order

Another great win for the United Kingdom over the Nazis.

Time for Wee Nippy to find herself a bunker and gun.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can someone check on Briever, I’m getting worried about him. 

I can't he has me on ignore.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No it wasn't.  In the institution I work in it was actively encouraged to vote against leaving the Union to safeguard our place in the EU.

I'm only bitter about leaving the EU because far right radges from down south thought it would be a good idea without realising the consequences. 

The SNP don't need to do anything to keep themselves relevant, they landslide ever election going in Scotland. 

Some landslide. They're a minority administration. 

If you allowed yourself to be swayed be your work, that's your problem. Everyone was allowed free vote. 

Again, safe guarding place in EU was never a factor in independence vote. It was rarely, if ever mentioned by either side.

Brexit gave SNP the chance to grab a lifeline that they took and suddenly EU membership became the reason independence failed.

It's a crock of shit, I know it, you know it, FM knows it and everyone knows it.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’d imagine the SNP are breathing a sigh of relief. 
Especially that wee fraud Sturgeon. 
They have shat themselves if it had went the otter way :lol: 

Exactly this. Free pocket filling ride for a few more years for snp msp’s. As long as the bread dead vote for them regardless they will happily milk this issue for years. 

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I know that but the people of Scotland didn't want to leave the EU, it was one of the main reason for many to not go independent so now its's happened why not give our people the chance to vote again?  That's a major, major change. 

I voted yes in 2014 but anything regarding the EU had zero to do with it . It wasn’t an issue 

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Lol did you skip the biology class at school ..

Nope . I know perfectly well what a woman is and I def know what a man is ! 

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh dear, another bitter unhappy camper. Majority spoke, no to independence was answer. Staying in UK was the only factor that mattered, EU only mattered when SNP scraped around looking for any excuse to keep themselves relevant.

The EU issue only popped up after the 2014 defeat . They have shamelessly used it since . They seem to forget a large amount of Scot’s voted to leave the EU 

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Well, we didn't actually vote to enter the EU. The only two votes we had were in 75 to stay in the EC and 2016 to leave the EU. 

Yes that’s right . I was only a nipper in 1975

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Natural Order said:

Another great win for the United Kingdom over the Nazis.

Time for Wee Nippy to find herself a bunker and gun.

Yep the government should throw a party.  Or do they only do so when ordinary folk are in lockdown? 

Psychedelicropcircle

I think if people were being honest the SC outcome was pretty much like asking “does a tin man have a tin cock”

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You know in they 8 years the UK decided to leave the European Union, one of the main reasons many voted to stay in the UK yeah?  And in that vote the majority of Scottish people voted to stay in the EU but had absolutely no choice but to leave yeah? 

Really, the EU was barely a footnote with the SNP until Brexit and they have ceased the opportunity. I barely heard it mentioned by any SNP voter until 2016. Feel free to go back over the hundreds of thousands of posts on here and show how often people talked about it pre 2014 as being a reason to leave the UK.

It is just a current thing. A bit like Ukraine. No one gave it a thought until it became front page news, now everyone seems to be passionate about it. Give me a ****ing break.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You really are the angriest person on this forum.  Well done you :) 

Not angry, smiling away as the desperation in your posts becomes ever more apparent.

1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I think if people were being honest the SC outcome was pretty much like asking “does a tin man have a tin cock”

Absolutely but the SG still decided to spend money on this. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Exactly this. Free pocket filling ride for a few more years for snp msp’s. As long as the bread dead vote for them regardless they will happily milk this issue for years. 

I don’t think they’re going to get away with it much longer tbh the cracks are showing. 
Wings is back too and he spears this current lot. 
It might give a little bounce to the Yes vote initially but I don’t believe this current SNP either even want it or have the leadership or vision to actually do much with it. 
We’ll see I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You really are the angriest person on this forum.  Well done you :) 

Another one using the “ angrily “ adverb to cast doubt on the posters reasoning and arguments . I don’t get angry at all from his postings 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Really, the EU was barely a footnote with the SNP until Brexit and they have ceased the opportunity. I barely heard it mentioned by any SNP voter until 2016. Feel free to go back over the hundreds of thousands of posts on here and show how often people talked about it pre 2014 as being a reason to leave the UK.

It is just a current thing. A bit like Ukraine. No one gave it a thought until it became front page news, now everyone seems to be passionate about it. Give me a ****ing break.

Good posting 

How much ****ing time does our government waste on this. The country is ****ing crumbling around them. Ffs please get down to real work. 

**** Westminster and **** Holyrood!

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some landslide. They're a minority administration. 

If you allowed yourself to be swayed be your work, that's your problem. Everyone was allowed free vote. 

Again, safe guarding place in EU was never a factor in independence vote. It was rarely, if ever mentioned by either side.

Brexit gave SNP the chance to grab a lifeline that they took and suddenly EU membership became the reason independence failed.

It's a crock of shit, I know it, you know it, FM knows it and everyone knows it.

They piss every election.

I never allowed myself be swayed but the security of our Universities as part of the EU was the major influential reason I voted to remain.  There was no massive factor to swing me the other way. 

Yes it was.  There was massive scaremongering at the time by the Remainers Scotland wouldn't be allowed membership if going independent. 

More Scottish people voted against Brexit than they did remain in the UK and again that is part of the reason the country should be able to vote again.

If you are so convinced that the EU wouldn't change much in relation to the vote then why are you so against a re-vote?  The country votes against it then it would be the complete end of the SNP.  So lets get it done. 

So, an English "coort" full of English judges decided what Scotland cant do.

Well I for one am shocked!

Shocked I tell ye!

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Mrs S has tweeted her unhappiness. No surprise in her misery and grievances.

That's Scottish politics for you.

Irony's just a word to describe metal for you isn't it?

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How much ****ing time does our government waste on this. The country is ****ing crumbling around them. Ffs please get down to real work. 

**** Westminster and **** Holyrood!

Too ****ing much. They don't care about real work. Freedom is the mantra

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course it was merely a footnote.  They didn't want to mention the EU before as Scotland not getting entry independently harmed the SNP at the time.  It was the Remainers and the Torys that went on about voting remain to stay in the EU - only for them to vote to leave it 2 years later :lol: 

Thats utter rubbish your second paragraph and exposes your ignorance.  Maybe for the boy in the street the EU wasn't given a second thought but for people working in the financial and Educational industries - a major part of our city - the EU business was on most peoples thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Another one using the “ angrily “ adverb to cast doubt on the posters reasoning and arguments . I don’t get angry at all from his postings 

Good posting 

Isn't it odd that you've missed the many identical accusations from unionists over the last 24 hours and only picked up on 2 from independence supporters?

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

And here it is. Blame the English. They ruled on law, not nationality. 

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Mrs S has tweeted her unhappiness. No surprise in her misery and grievances.

That's Scottish politics for you.

She's making a full statement at 11.30. One for the Smurfs to tune into

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not angry, smiling away as the desperation in your posts becomes ever more apparent.

That makes no sense at all :lol: away back to so stalking Sturgeon on twitter Mr Angry. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They piss every election.

I never allowed myself be swayed but the security of our Universities as part of the EU was the major influential reason I voted to remain.  There was no massive factor to swing me the other way. 

Yes it was.  There was massive scaremongering at the time by the Remainers Scotland wouldn't be allowed membership if going independent. 

More Scottish people voted against Brexit than they did remain in the UK and again that is part of the reason the country should be able to vote again.

If you are so convinced that the EU wouldn't change much in relation to the vote then why are you so against a re-vote?  The country votes against it then it would be the complete end of the SNP.  So lets get it done. 

Why would it be the end of the snp ? You think independence supporters are just going to give up and stop wanting it ? 

They didn’t after the last one and they won’t after the next. 

I do agree though we do need one to at least give the rest of us some ****ing peace from the noisy minority and on the off chance a Scottish government actually concerns itself with governance of the country. 

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

Ah it's just another part of the process ticked off

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And here it is. Blame the English. They ruled on law, not nationality. 

Where did he blame the English?

Stop making stuff up!

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good posting 

Wasn't just talking about this thread.  I have never called anyone else angry ever on this board so stop trying to make up what I'm thinking or doing. 

It's not reasoned at all either to conclude that wanting another vote makes me a nationalist loving sturgeon stroker saying I will lose again.   Or that I'm bitter.  I'm only giving my opinion on what I believe to be fair.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Hagar the Horrible

This turns out the best result for the SNP, they get to spin it…oh we are repressed by the nasty Tories.  If they had won, they would have held a referendum at great expense when we are in a financial crisis which would have panicked the stock market and caused even more financial crisis.

However, after the referendum, it would have been an emphatic NO…why?  Nurses, teachers’ civil servants all getting well below inflation pay rises…Not the fault of Westminster.  The windfall tax on big companies in Scotland would be easy there would be no big companies, they would naff off.  Leaving us the middle pay earners hit with the bill, so that any sponger with an undiagnosable ailment could get access to everything while we who work would have to pay twice…as per leaked email.  The SNP not the Tories want to make a 2 tier NHS.

Even a successful referendum, the SNP could, would and cannot deliver it.

The SNP have wasted how much money on a court case which in essence is asking the court for clarity that if you stuck your fingers in the fire would they burned?  However perhaps under an independent Scotland we become fireproof?  How mush more public money can the SNP piss up a wall on their dream?  WE had a referendum, and it was decided we said NO?

I would prefer we got a pay rise rather than a referendum in which that the result will be a foregone conclusion….it will be the Status Quo!!! I still believe that that the fight is all the SNP want, win or lose the SNP have no more purpose, however as it stands

I am even angrier now at Nicolas statement that she is disappointed!  as a point of law it was not hard to understand she was always going to fail.  She clearly wasted public money to make a public point and in her insane political stunt to win over the hearts of the undecided that they are oppressed.

The SNP should pay all legal fees on this as why do we the tax payer have to take that hit?

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Dazo said:

Why would it be the end of the snp ? You think independence supporters are just going to give up and stop wanting it ? 

I do agree though we do need one to at least give the rest of us some ****ing peace from the noisy minority and on the off chance a Scottish government actually concerns itself with governance of the country. 

I'm increasingly convinced scot gov don't care about day to day affairs. Run the place down, blame someone else, offer a few handouts to people to get cheap votes. Not a great look.

Malinga the Swinga

I see little Smithee on here now. I put him on ignore last week as I was accused of bullying the little chap, so I can only imagine the seethe he's feeling this morning as his beloved freedom fighters are being held hostage by the big nasty English.

Still, life's got to much too offer to worry about him and his lil group of pals.

Off to do some real work now for rest of day as got to justify my wages. Wouldn't want to be seen taking something for nothing from employer.

Have a good day folks and don't get angry.

Hagar the Horrible
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

Then why wasting our money goind down that roule? a European court would have decided the same.  It was an emphatic decision

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

Wasn’t it a Scot’s, Welsh and Irish judges ? 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They will lose a lot of credibility and supporters of independence would lose faith that they could ever deliver on it.

Like I said there are very valid reasons for another vote, it's not just for the sake of it for a lot of ordinary people in Scotland who don't even agree with the SNP or the policies. 

And yeah, otherwise this is just going to go on and on and on.  The Tories are in that much of a state the SNP will skoosh the next GE also and that will just add to it. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I'm increasingly convinced scot gov don't care about day to day affairs. Run the place down, blame someone else, offer a few handouts to people to get cheap votes. Not a great look.

Increasingly convinced ? **** me nothing is more certain. Charlatans filling their pension pots.  Dangle the carrot and it’s a free ride as their voters don’t actually care how they perform. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sounds a bit like the self important arseholes who run the UK Gov too don't you think? 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Dazo said:

Increasingly convinced ? **** me nothing is more certain. Charlatans filling their pension pots.  Dangle the carrot and it’s a free ride as their voters don’t actually care how they perform. 

A personality defect of mine. Like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are acting in the best interests. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see little Smithee on here now. I put him on ignore last week as I was accused of bullying the little chap, so I can only imagine the seethe he's feeling this morning as his beloved freedom fighters are being held hostage by the big nasty English.

Still, life's got to much too offer to worry about him and his lil group of pals.

Off to do some real work now for rest of day as got to justify my wages. Wouldn't want to be seen taking something for nothing from employer.

Have a good day folks and don't get angry.

hL3EJbA.gif

Stop sending nudes pls

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They will lose a lot of credibility and supporters of independence would lose faith that they could ever deliver on it.

Like I said there are very valid reasons for another vote, it's not just for the sake of it for a lot of ordinary people in Scotland who don't even agree with the SNP or the policies. 

And yeah, otherwise this is just going to go on and on and on.  The Tories are in that much of a state the SNP will skoosh the next GE also and that will just add to it. 

Yep it’s so bad for the country to have such a divisive issue continually up for debate. 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Sounds a bit like the self important arseholes who run the UK Gov too don't you think? 

But but but what about Westminster/ UK/ London . Stop deflecting. The SNP are running Scotland into oblivion, this one's on them and their voters. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

But but but what about Westminster/ UK/ London . Stop deflecting. The SNP are running Scotland into oblivion, this one's on them and their voters. 

Erm Scotland are ran mainly by the decision Westminster decide for the UK.  The whole of the UK is a complete disaster zone because of them yet you want to solely focus on the big bad SNP?  Who is or would do a better job than them in this country? I don't vote for them personally as I vote for my individual MP/MSP but couldnt see much change at all regardless of what party is elected to our kiddie on parliament. 

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

The justices were Lord Reed, Lord Lloyd-Jones, Lord Sales, Lord Stephens, Lady Rose

Lord Reed was born and educated in Scotland, Lloyd-Jones I believe is Welsh, Sales is English, not sure about the other two.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep it’s so bad for the country to have such a divisive issue continually up for debate. 

Nauseating both sides.   

The Hogfather
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shocked I tell ye!

A Scot, A Welshman, one from Northern Ireland and two from England.

No surprise to see you having a tantrum about something you don't understand.