Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

4 pages of a wee circle jerk for the boys. Batter in 😂

Post counts flying up all over the shop. 😂

None of it goes away on this decision of the Supreme Court. In reality it raises many more constitutional questions than it answers.

According to Hoggy, you must have turned into an ignorant, immature Hulk this morning :lol:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Of course it was merely a footnote.  They didn't want to mention the EU before as Scotland not getting entry independently harmed the SNP at the time.  It was the Remainers and the Torys that went on about voting remain to stay in the EU - only for them to vote to leave it 2 years later :lol: 

Thats utter rubbish your second paragraph and exposes your ignorance.  Maybe for the boy in the street the EU wasn't given a second thought but for people working in the financial and Educational industries - a major part of our city - the EU business was on most peoples thoughts. 

I have worked in the financial sector in Edinburgh for a quarter century and I wanted out of the EU and could not give a flying **** about Ukraine or Russia.  Hope this clears things up.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

Not quite.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.04.07.png

Everything bar defence basically.  And the SNP could not give a tuppence about that anyway.  They would have us walking about in rainbow suits and with a Mallet's Mallet as our arms.

57 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Time for the SNP to get on with their day job 

Agreed but they will need some time to work out what it actually is.

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Everything bar defence basically.  And the SNP could not give a tuppence about that anyway.  They would have us walking about in rainbow suits and with a Mallet's Mallet as our arms.

Would be better off with Timmy Mallet in charge of health instead of Humza to be fair. 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Would be better off with Timmy Mallet in charge of health instead of Humza to be fair. 

Timmy Mallet is too "white!" for Humza to be in the head health job.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

SNP insiders are saying it was JK Rowling and her evil TERF magic wand that cast a spell over the judges. They have, however, stopped short of calling her a witch, as this would only lead to later apologies.

🪄

Anti magic type post, you should be ashamed 😃

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

According to Hoggy, you must have turned into an ignorant, immature Hulk this morning :lol:

Aye the absolutely unsurprising outcome today had me pyoooor ragin likesy!!!!!

Nothing has changed. All it's done is given a few unionist trolls on a football forum the opportunity to bend the knee to their masters and take great childlike delight in keeping Scotland tethered to a failed state. 

Shooty in. 

Hagar the Horrible

Boris is gone and that was the SNP trump card, Rishi and Sir Keir have both had their stock increase.  Nicola is looking like a walker on the Walking Dead, teeth nashing and anger, you can see the hatred in her eyes.  Is that the leader we deserve?  Even when she goes its either Swinney or Humza adsn has there been any bigger screw ups apart from Truss?

Nicola has a law degree the SNP lawyers would have said the Supreme Court cannot be succesful on a point of law.  I re-itterate  Will the SNP pay for this No Win No Fee case because we as the tax payer have now paid for this waste of time

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Boris is gone and that was the SNP trump card, Rishi and Sir Keir have both had their stock increase.  Nicola is looking like a walker on the Walking Dead, teeth nashing and anger, you can see the hatred in her eyes.  Is that the leader we deserve?  Even when she goes its either Swinney or Humza adsn has there been any bigger screw ups apart from Truss?

Nicola has a law degree the SNP lawyers would have said the Supreme Court cannot be succesful on a point of law.  I re-itterate  Will the SNP pay for this No Win No Fee case because we as the tax payer have now paid for this waste of time

That's a hot take right there 😂

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I fully get Sturgeon has a fan club but she surely has to be the most utterly despised woman in Scotland.

Thatcher is more popular than Nicola now,I bet she will hate that

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I fully get Sturgeon has a fan club but she surely has to be the most utterly despised woman in Scotland.

Obvious lots of nationalists would like independence, but her obsession with it over looking after our old and vulnerable has gone to far. The obsession has aged her and is starting to make her a figure of fun.

Keeps marching them all up the hill with lots of words and promises and marches them all down again.

Hope she goes for her pretendy referendum.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Australis said:

Obvious lots of nationalists would like independence, but her obsession with it over looking after our old and vulnerable has gone to far. The obsession has aged her and is starting to make her a figure of fun.

Keeps marching them all up the hill with lots of words and promises and marches them all down again.

The old and vulnerable she's been ensuring receive benefits and payments beyond the WM government levels for the last 2 years. They ones?

Rent free.

1 hour ago, Australis said:

There will now be millions that was stashed away for the referendum that can now be spent on our old and vulnerable who need it.

Wouldn’t count on that! 

2 minutes ago, Australis said:

She has put more effort into housing refugees and taking care of their needs before our own needy and for that she can rot in hell. As too can the frauds of Westminster.

The old and vulnerable she's been ensuring receive benefits and payments beyond the WM government levels for the last 2 years. They ones?

Rent free.

Let them have their ignorant day in the sun.

The wind not blowing will be "wee nippy's" fault next. Hated more than Thatcher? :rofl:

It's a wankathon on here!

Rent free.

Anyone can spend money that they don't have. Her reckless overspending is astonishing. She overspends, takes the credit then blames the big meanies down on Westminster for not giving her enough.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Let them have their ignorant day in the sun.

The wind not blowing will be "wee nippy's" fault next. Hated more than Thatcher? :rofl:

I see there is some kind of vigil outside Holyrood later. 5.30. You going ?

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Gives the workshy wasters something to do I guess.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone can spend money that they don't have. Her reckless overspending is astonishing. She overspends, takes the credit then blames the big meanies down on Westminster for not giving her enough.

It's from within budget. You can look it up. It's readily available information.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Same as it ever was. 

Their wee facebook pages must be chock full of union jack avatared halfwits spewing utter drivel given the shite being posted on here. 

More hated than Thatcher :gok:

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Salmond of course disagrees with Sturgeon on tactics

He's spot on, imo. For me, the SNP under Sturgeon are not moving independence any closer and given the open goals they've had I fail to believe in neither their ability to do so, nor their desire.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's from within budget. You can look it up. It's readily available information.

The SNP are operating in a financial black hole where they are overspending by quite literally billions. Where do you see different?

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Correct. This ruling will only help to increase support for independence 

I keep reading this, at various times, after various events but don't actually see support increasing by any meaningful measure.

To be clear on today, they ruled how everyone knew they would, in law, we don't have the right.  However, the law in this case is wrong.

To put it to bed, allow a referendum, 60% wins, if not, no new ref for x years, surely both sides are confident so that would be acceptable no?

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I keep reading this, at various times, after various events but don't actually see support increasing by any meaningful measure.

To be clear on today, they ruled how everyone knew they would, in law, we don't have the right.  However, the law in this case is wrong.

To put it to bed, allow a referendum, 60% wins, if not, no new ref for x years, surely both sides are confident so that would be acceptable no?

Why 60%? It would be bonkers for a minority to 'win' or the majority to 'lose'.

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, Taffin said:

Just a number I plucked out the air, it cant be +1 vote as the country needs brought together, a clear majority would i believe help show that there is clearly more that want x.  Winning by a single vote would lead to more disharmony.

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

The only thing increasing is the distaste for the fuhrer.  I am speaking to more and more staunch Yesers who are turning their backs on her.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The SNP are operating in a financial black hole where they are overspending by quite literally billions. Where do you see different?

How are the Tories getting on financially? What's the UK debt sitting at now?

Will she go down the UDI route now.

Promise after promise to the nationalists and she keeps letting them down.

She stood at a podium for 20 minutes this morning after the ruling and all her many words said nothing in all her rage and embarrassment, 20 minutes of meaningless waffle.

Surely the nationalists will suss her out and replace her with someone more honest.

Edited by Australis

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

How are the Tories getting on financially? What's the UK debt sitting at now?

RG I despise Westminster. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the (in name only) Tories.

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Just a number I plucked out the air, it cant be +1 vote as the country needs brought together, a clear majority would i believe help show that there is clearly more that want x.  Winning by a single vote would lead to more disharmony.

+1 does that, a majority is a majority.

I get what you're saying, but you can't have a majority of people being on the losing side that would do far less for harmony. Imagine the majority of a country being held hostage by a minority, it's just insane...for me anyway.

Smoke , mirrors and deflection as per usual from them 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

+1 does that, a majority is a majority.

I get what you're saying, but you can't have a majority of people being on the losing side that would do far less for harmony. Imagine the majority of a country being held hostage by a minority, it's just insane...for me anyway.

Totally get what your saying, just feel it needs to be clear to avoid years upon years of recounts etc.

There is another option, Yes / No / More powers, but the SNP wont accpet that as there are it would dilute the yes vote.  Also, did they not hand back some powers (temporarily at least).

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The information is available on Scot Gov website.

You're talking about the magical mythical GERS numbers aren't you? you gullible little silly sausage. 

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Sounds a good compromise 

The information is available on Scot Gov website.

You're talking about the magical mythical GERS numbers aren't you? you gullible little silly sausage. 

You mean a website by the Scottish Government?

:wow:

7 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Totally get what your saying, just feel it needs to be clear to avoid years upon years of recounts etc.

There is another option, Yes / No / More powers, but the SNP wont accpet that as there are it would dilute the yes vote.  Also, did they not hand back some powers (temporarily at least).

👍👍

More powers would probably stroll a vote as well, shame.

31 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sorry mate, I'm working in Darlington today. 

In England, working for an English company...Bloody English!!!

Hagar the Horrible

There was 2 heavy weights in the last Ref.  Albiet fish based, Sturgeon and Salmond,  They got a referendum which is a success in its own right, but it went against them.

Her Fuhrer is alone now, and looking on that podium frothing at the mouth every bit the spitting image character that thatcher became.  Doing a Violet Elizabeth wont win votes.

Now having a single policy at the next election proves beyond doubt she has no interest at stearing the country out of recession, No interest in the NHS, Education, Crime and Justice, Farming, fishing...you as a tax payer will pay for MadNics

We need to make Devolution work we need to work together to get out of this mess, not throw away the life rafts and jump into a sea of human waste.

The cost of Living is the issue, read the room Nats

Quite happy to hear the expected news today, the nonsense just has to stop and those in charge have to get on with the job of building the country back better. A wee resignation wouldn't be unwelcome though I'm sure the Scottish hillbillies will still worship the boot.

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There was 2 heavy weights in the last Ref.  Albiet fish based, Sturgeon and Salmond,  They got a referendum which is a success in its own right, but it went against them.

Her Fuhrer is alone now, and looking on that podium frothing at the mouth every bit the spitting image character that thatcher became.  Doing a Violet Elizabeth wont win votes.

Now having a single policy at the next election proves beyond doubt she has no interest at stearing the country out of recession, No interest in the NHS, Education, Crime and Justice, Farming, fishing...you as a tax payer will pay for MadNics

We need to make Devolution work we need to work together to get out of this mess, not throw away the life rafts and jump into a sea of human waste.

The cost of Living is the issue, read the room Nats

Good posting 

That thing you do

The answer to the question: Is Scotland in a voluntary Union and able to assert its international right to self determination has been answered:  NO

This means that theres SFA point in voting in Scotland as no matter what the make up of the Parliament is, theres no route to getting a referendum without UK agreeing.

That is fundamentally against International law and Scotland went from Union partner to colony with that verdict.

Its not surprising but anyone celebrating this needs to think very carefully about what it means to have no right to determine your own future unless your colonist master agrees.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

The answer to the question: Is Scotland in a voluntary Union and able to assert its international right to self determination has been answered:  NO

This means that theres SFA point in voting in Scotland as no matter what the make up of the Parliament is, theres no route to getting a referendum without UK agreeing.

That is fundamentally against International law and Scotland went from Union partner to colony with that verdict.

Its not surprising but anyone celebrating this needs to think very carefully about what it means to have no right to determine your own future unless your colonist master agrees.

Prone to over reacting ?

1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

:lol: Superb