Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Erm Scotland are ran mainly by the decision Westminster decide for the UK.  The whole of the UK is a complete disaster zone because of them yet you want to solely focus on the big bad SNP?  Who is or would do a better job than them in this country? I don't vote for them personally as I vote for my individual MP/MSP but couldnt see much change at all regardless of what party is elected to our kiddie on parliament. 

In every devolved matter worker's are striking. Health, education, transport. Remove blinkers to see the light Robbie. Country is a busted flush now

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Erm Scotland are ran mainly by the decision Westminster decide for the UK.  The whole of the UK is a complete disaster zone because of them yet you want to solely focus on the big bad SNP?  Who is or would do a better job than them in this country? I don't vote for them personally as I vote for my individual MP/MSP but couldnt see much change at all regardless of what party is elected to our kiddie on parliament. 

Not quite.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.04.07.png

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

In every devolved matter worker's are striking. Health, education, transport. Remove blinkers to see the light Robbie. Country is a busted flush now

Your argument against the Scottish Government would hold more merit if the above wasn't going on across the whole of the UK. 

Brexit only became a ‘thing’ when it happened.  Until it did only UKIP & right-wing Tories imagined it - and even then I don’t think they really  believed it would, as Johnson and Gove’s shocked interview the morning after showed.

Everyone else never really thought we’d actually vote for it so it didn’t really feature much.

And we were told the only way to guarantee staying in Europe was to vote ‘no’

.. And, as has been mentioned, more people voted to remain in Europe than to remain in the Union.

Pretty major material change to our circumstances.  Maybe the initial Brexit vote should have required a supermajority or should have required a majority ‘leave’ from all 4 nations of the U.K.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Not quite.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.04.07.png

We are still in the wee playground.  It's hard to be in control of the above when the economy is crumbling because of the Goverment down south for instance then they decide how much of the pot we get to try and fix things. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Be careful you’ll be accused of bullying. 🙄

I don't agree with JJ that often but he's not one of the nasty wonkers, dazo

Westminster does not equate to England.

It never has.

It is a UK parliament of England ,wales, and NI as well as ourselves .

I don’t like nationalism .

in any form.

It’s divisive and nasty.

Can we not all just live together in peace?

Is that too much to ask?

It would seem so.

I hope labour will win the next GE, that will help heal a good many wounds .

I feel that many Scots are merely unhappy with the Tory govt .

Common English folk are suffering as much as us.

Can we not all work together for the betterment of all regardless of wiggly lines on a map?

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We are still in the wee playground.  It's hard to be in control of the above when the economy is crumbling because of the Goverment down south for instance then they decide how much of the pot we get to try and fix things. 

They give us more back than we give them. Would be even more screwed if that wasn't happening

31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So, an English "coort" full of English judges decided what Scotland cant do.

Well I for one am shocked!

Shocked I tell ye!

Lord Reed is Scottish, he was one of the judges so that doesn’t fit your grievance agenda. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't agree with JJ that often but he's not one of the nasty wonkers, dazo

Nailed it with who is and who isn't btw 👍

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

There comes a point where you need to stop blindly blaming Westminster and look closer to home when it comes to these issues. Aye the UK government is an absolute bin fire but it is not solely to blame for Scotlands ills.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

They give us more back than we give them. Would be even more screwed if that wasn't happening

I disagree we would but that's for another day.  Have a good yin. 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Ffs man please don’t go down that route it will only make them even more angrier. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

There comes a point where you need to stop blindly blaming Westminster and look closer to home when it comes to these issues. Aye the UK government is an absolute bin fire but it is not solely to blame for Scotlands ills.

I dont solely blame them.  Some just ignore how much they have let down the whole of the UK though and seems you cant hit out at them or youre some Nat loving extremist.  Both Governments are extremely poor. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Ffs man please don’t go down that route it will only make them even more angrier. 

Aye that turned out well for you mate :lol: 

Konrad von Carstein
54 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He doesn't know

He thinks England are the UK 

Could be argued that certain sections of English society do too... :)

51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Save your pity for someone who cares what you think.

Amazing how all you nationalists on here have English relatives, almost as if it they're made up to help balance the chips on both your shoulders.

What a strange minority you are.

Nah, your not worth the bother, like I said earlier you're just a sad wee man.

The Hogfather
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

I dont solely blame them.  Some just ignore how much they have let down the whole of the UK though and seems you cant hit out at them or youre some Nat loving extremist.  Both Governments are extremely poor. 

I think you've summed up the issue with British, and particularly Scottish politics, right now. You can't criticise anyone without being labelled as something you're probably not. I abhor nationalism in all it's forms, but some of the intellectually challenged people here would label me a "BritNat" for criticising how the SNP run this country. 

I think it's best to treat all politicians the same. Like parasites who would see any number of their constituents dying in the gutter if it got them what they want. The absolute worst in society.

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Lol fair point. Better not mention that our biggest export market is England that will only get them going as well.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Came here to see if JKB was on a par with Twitter, after today's announcement.

Was not disappointed.

Carry on, folks. Great reading. :lol:

You're alright, you can carry on sending nudes

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I think you've summed up the issue with British, and particularly Scottish politics, right now. You can't criticise anyone without being labelled as something you're probably not. I abhor nationalism in all it's forms, but some of the intellectually challenged people here would label me a "BritNat" for criticising how the SNP run this country. 

I think it's best to treat all politicians the same. Like parasites who would see any number of their constituents dying in the gutter if it got them what they want. The absolute worst in society.

100% mate. :greatpost:

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

To whom? I'm missing out here, bud? 🤔

Ah yes, of course, my mistake.

lcD44fe.gif

8 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Nail on head.

So much arguing for a result that surely everyone expected, but more so the result that oddly is probably both what Sturgeon and Sunak would have wanted.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In your dreams. Another failed court case, another waste of money.

You need to wake up. The majority happier with what we have now.

While you spend every minute of your sad little life hating English, the rest of us simply get on with our lives.

Good post 

The Natural Order
28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

All she needs is the blue war paint

Tory Blue? Would be fitting for that little Tartan Thatcher wannabe.

40 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

A Scot, A Welshman, one from Northern Ireland and two from England.

No surprise to see you having a tantrum about something you don't understand.

All fully paid up fleg waving, sash wearing yoons no doubt.

A tantrum though? :rofl:

They took it to court as part of the plan. Win and Indy Ref 2 is on!

Loose and its "we cant have a democratic vote without the bully next door allowing it".

So its a win/win.

If you think today is the end of it, I will bet my house it wont be.

Now I'm away to smash things up in a rage (is that correct?).

30 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Lol fair point. Better not mention that our biggest export market is England that will only get them going as well.

Just stop it eh? Has the UK stopped trading with the EU since Brexit like?

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

All fully paid up fleg waving, sash wearing yoons no doubt.

A tantrum though? :rofl:

They took it to court as part of the plan. Win and Indy Ref 2 is on!

Loose and its "we cant have a democratic vote without the bully next door allowing it".

So its a win/win.

If you think today is the end of it, I will bet my house it wont be.

Now I'm away to smash things up in a rage (is that correct?).

You're a laughable wee chap, aren't you? :) 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just stop it eh? Has the UK stopped trading with the EU since Brexit like?

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Yes

I look forward to you clogging up more threads with your wee guy energy and your complete lack of knowledge about the thing you're talking about. Just try not to get in the way of the grown ups having actual discussions about stuff :) 

Hagar the Horrible
38 minutes ago, Barack said:

Came here to see if JKB was on a par with Twitter, after today's announcement.

Was not disappointed.

Carry on, folks. Great reading. :lol:

Whats the feeling on Musks propoganda machine?  I pulled the plug after the Trump fiasco and Musk is even more of a knob

We all know that the SNP knew this was going to be the outcome. 

They sold you a pup with October 23. 

All they're interested in is buying a few more year's with their snouts in the trough. Rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I look forward to you clogging up more threads with your wee guy energy and your complete lack of knowledge about the thing you're talking about. Just try not to get in the way of the grown ups having actual discussions about stuff :) 

Someone upset you mate?

Hagar the Horrible

I think Nicoliars political stunt has back fired, she knows corporate law, it was never going to win, but as a stunt it would rally the faithful that she is more hopeful for.  But instead it has angered the public against her, it nowhere near as a priority as fixing our economy, its not even up there with clearing out belly button fluff.

The Mighty Thor

4 pages of a wee circle jerk for the boys. Batter in 😂

Post counts flying up all over the shop. 😂

None of it goes away on this decision of the Supreme Court. In reality it raises many more constitutional questions than it answers.