Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How is it paid for?

How will Scotland afford a NHS?

Like we do now! Taxes! Scotland is a very wealthy country and we will choose where our taxes are best spent. Certainly not in London or the SE and not on nuclear weapons or English infrastructure projects. What's wrong with you?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

41 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yeah like the vast majority are against the GRA legislation but the SNP / Greens not giving a deck about their views 

What's that got to do with the SNHS and Scottish Water? I said we would vote for parties that ensure their safety. Vote for who you want that best suits your ideals. No party can please everyone!

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Like we do now! Taxes! Scotland is a very wealthy country and we will choose where our taxes are best spent. Certainly not in London or the SE and not on nuclear weapons or English infrastructure projects. What's wrong with you?

There isn't anything wrong with me.

I'm just baffled, if it's that easy, why we didn't do it years ago.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm baffled too as to why on earth the people living Scotland voted "No"? Lots are regretting it! Maybe there's something wrong with me!

59 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm baffled too as to why on earth the people living Scotland voted "No"? Lots are regretting it! Maybe there's something wrong with me!

Lots are regretting it ? Sounds made up. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The Westminster propaganda machine is 2nd only to North Korea. Plus almost every media outlet is pro UK

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That easy, there's me telt.

Well, yeah. It's either that or insurance premiums, so let's cut out the expensive middle man and keep him cut out.

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What's that got to do with the SNHS and Scottish Water? I said we would vote for parties that ensure their safety. Vote for who you want that best suits your ideals. No party can please everyone!

It’s a party not listening to the electorate .

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s a party not listening to the electorate .

The SNP are in the position Labour used to be: It doesn't matter who they put up, they get elected. 

That can change though. 

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scots will demand it does and support parties that pledge its safety. Similar to our water being publicly owned. Wouldn't trust any Westminster party with the SNHS or Scottish Water. Part of the reason I support the SNP.

My local hospital is currently seeing 60% of patients in a&e in 4 hours. Some are worse than that. Health is devolved, and a quite frankly a mess. Should Humza Yousaf be resigning or are you happy with his performance ?

Edited by Lord Montpelier

8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

My local hospital is currently seeing 60% of patients in a&e in 4 hours. Some are worse than that. Health is devolved, and a quite frankly a mess. Should Humza Yousaf be resigning or are you happy with his performance ?

My experiences about the NHS is different from yours. Thankfully it's devolved or it would definitely be worse. I blame a lot of the people themselves for not looking after their own health or should we just blame governments of any hue?

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Are you surprised that he refused to blame SNP in any way, shape or form?

As far as their supporters are concerned, they're untouchable and unblamable.

If Yousaf came out and shot someone live on TV, Roxy would be out defending him with, it was only one person, I blame the person he shot, it would be worse in England.

No wonder the Scottish government isn't improving, it doesn't have to as their fanatics lap up the shite they serve regardless.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

How is it paid for?

How will Scotland afford a NHS?

I'd imagine some expect the workers to pick up the bill for them, same as they do for everything else they want.

The refusal to accept any change to NHS will be the death of the very thing they're trying to protect.

Lord Montpelier
19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My experiences about the NHS is different from yours. Thankfully it's devolved or it would definitely be worse. I blame a lot of the people themselves for not looking after their own health or should we just blame governments of any hue?

Take the blinkers off Roxy and go have a look at the stats . Not sure it can get much worse 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are you surprised that he refused to blame SNP in any way, shape or form?

As far as their supporters are concerned, they're untouchable and unblamable.

If Yousaf came out and shot someone live on TV, Roxy would be out defending him with, it was only one person, I blame the person he shot, it would be worse in England.

No wonder the Scottish government isn't improving, it doesn't have to as their fanatics lap up the shite they serve regardless.

Never heard him speak or any other politician either about much, recently. Go with my experiences. Don't watch news, current affairs or read papers. Occasionally browse the Internet and read some forums.

The SNP have been poor on many occasions but good in others. I'd rather SNHS is devolved with them than a Westminster lying unionist party!

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Take the blinkers off Roxy and go have a look at the stats . Not sure it can get much worse 

Then do what?

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Maybe apply a little bit of critical thinking to what you see for a change. 

I want a change, I want independence! To vote for a party in a Scottish General Election that has policies close to my ideals. The SNP get my vote for the sheer loathing I have for Westminster Governments with scorched earth policies.

I don't want my taxes and Scotland's wealth wasted on Westminster to squander as they insult us doing it!

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I want a change, I want independence! To vote for a party in a Scottish General Election that has policies close to my ideals. The SNP get my vote for the sheer loathing I have for Westminster Governments with scorched earth policies.

I don't want my taxes and Scotland's wealth wasted on Westminster to squander as they insult us doing it!

Vote for failure then 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The SNP have been poor on many occasions but good in others.

Go on then, what good ones? You can't have education, health, transport, named person, women's rights, freedom of information, any sports development or farming as they have all gone to shit.

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go on then, what good ones? You can't have education, health, transport, named person, women's rights, freedom of information, any sports development or farming as they have all gone to shit.

Duh. Baby boxes. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's like watching Braveheart. Roxy screaming Freedom, his little painted face bursting with pride as the FM forgets something else she's previously done, or as she changes official parliament records to cover her lies to questions.

Our taxes aren't wasted at Westminster, they're wasted in Scotland. We already receive more than we contribute so if anyone's being insulted, it's the mugs who are subsidising the lifestyle that Scotland can't afford yet insists it wants.

Scorched earth policies. For someone who doesn't read news or listen to current affairs, it's amazing that you repeat the National articles that spread the grievance gospel for those who want to blame anyone bar themselves for where they are in life.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Duh. Baby boxes. 

Sorry, forgot about them. They'll balance out the drug deaths and the criminality of the ferry fiasco.

A government for the gullible, that's what we in Scotland have with the SNP.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The SNP are in the position Labour used to be: It doesn't matter who they put up, they get elected. 

That can change though. 

Thats fairly obvious now. 

29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'd imagine some expect the workers to pick up the bill for them, same as they do for everything else they want.

The refusal to accept any change to NHS will be the death of the very thing they're trying to protect.

Hence why they shout  " Free dom" 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's like watching Braveheart. Roxy screaming Freedom, his little painted face bursting with pride as the FM forgets something else she's previously done, or as she changes official parliament records to cover her lies to questions.

Our taxes aren't wasted at Westminster, they're wasted in Scotland. We already receive more than we contribute so if anyone's being insulted, it's the mugs who are subsidising the lifestyle that Scotland can't afford yet insists it wants.

Scorched earth policies. For someone who doesn't read news or listen to current affairs, it's amazing that you repeat the National articles that spread the grievance gospel for those who want to blame anyone bar themselves for where they are in life.

In your opinion bud. Shouting "freedom", "Braveheart", "facepainting". All this because I have different opinion from you. 😂

18 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Duh. Baby boxes. 

My personal health bud. I had cancer a few years ago and the surgeon was fantastic. He changed his schedule to accommodate my operation. I'm cancer free, thankfully. My granddaughter, father in law and one of my mates daughter's also had great service. 

My mate who is not Scottish thinks our NHS is brilliant based on his experiences. 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My personal health bud. I had cancer a few years ago and the surgeon was fantastic. He changed his schedule to accommodate my operation. I'm cancer free, thankfully. My granddaughter, father in law and one of my mates daughter's also had great service. 

My mate who is not Scottish thinks our NHS is brilliant based on his experiences. 

Congrats

Still doesn't change the fact that in the here and now the Scottish NHS is on its knees with an incapable, unqualified imbecile at the helm in government. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I suppose in what area you live, I can get a Dr appointment within 48 hours, often the same day, the times I've been to the Hospital was the same, the NHS is really good around me.

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Congrats

Still doesn't change the fact that in the here and now the Scottish NHS is on its knees with an incapable, unqualified imbecile at the helm in government. 

As I've said. I go with my experiences. There isn't always an axe to grind.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I suppose in what area you live, I can get a Dr appointment within 48 hours, often the same day, the times I've been to the Hospital was the same, the NHS is really good around me.

Different areas, different demographics. All relative I suppose. I try not to blame the SNHS as the staff work hard. There are a lot of reasons for failures and successes. 

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Different areas, different demographics. All relative I suppose. I try not to blame the SNHS as the staff work hard. There are a lot of reasons for failures and successes. 

Agree the staff work hard. No axe to grind there. The clowns in charge however...

25 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Congrats

When has the NHS NOT been “on its knees”?

When was it good that nobody complained? 
The BBC & the Scottish branch of the tolies tell us its shite but in truth, at what point in its history has it been “fantastic”? 
1948 to now we have been told its shite by every party thats not in power at that point in time. 

Oil used to be running out and now theyre (seriously) arguing about how much wind Scotland has :rofl:

Geez peace! It’ll be something else next week and SNP or no, independence is coming ( didny even shout freedom either). 👍

Edited by Pans Jambo

12 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Agree the staff work hard. No axe to grind there. The clowns in charge however...

It's all relative. There's more drugs, alcohol, fast food etc. All of this has an effect. Smoking, obesity, bad habits in general. People themselves need to take some responsibility! 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

The BBC & the Scottish branch of the tolies tell us its shite but in truth, at what point in its history has it been “fantastic”? 
1948 to now we have been told its shite by every party thats not in power at that point in time. 

Oil used to be running out and now theyre (seriously) arguing about how much wind Scotland has :rofl:

Geez peace! It’ll be something rlse next week and SNP or no, independence is coming ( didny even shout freedom either). 👍

Don't tell Malinga!

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Don't tell Malinga!

Well you and I both know (as does Malinga) that the NHS is nowere near perfect but then it never has been. Its always “on its knees” or “close to collapse” or “creaking” or whatever but its still there every day when we need it. 
The other thng is that I dont know what thats got to with why Scotland “should be an independent country” or not, but if the suggestion is that the Scottish NHS is being run poorly then that suggests how an Indy Scotland would look, then by that same reasoning, the UK should be no longer a union as their NHS is much worse by every measurement. Which proves Westminster couldnt run a piss up in a brewery!!!

Edited by Pans Jambo

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well you and I both know (as does Malinga) that the NHS is nowere near perfect but then it never has been. Its always “on its knees” or “close to collapse” or “creaking” or whatever but its still there every day when we need it. 
The other thng is that I dont know what thats got to with why Scotland “should be an independent country” or not, but if the suggestion is that the Scottish NHS is being run poorly then that suggests how an Indy Scotland would look, then by that same reasoning, the UK should be no longer a union as their NHS is much worse by every measurement. Which proves Westminster could run a piss up in a brewery!!!

Agreed 👍 

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Smoking, obesity, bad habits in general. People themselves need to take some responsibility! 

Exactly.  Had a relative in hospital for a while a few months ago. id visit every other day.  The saddest site was the entrance to the hospital with patients in their in their night wear sitting in wheelchairs or or a bench puffing away. Some had no legs  or one. What an insult to the dedicated and skilled worker inside the building.  

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Exactly.  Had a relative in hospital for a while a few months ago. id visit every other day.  The saddest site was the entrance to the hospital with patients in their in their night wear sitting in wheelchairs or or a bench puffing away. Some had no legs  or one. What an insult to the dedicated and skilled worker inside the building.  

This is what I mean. I saw it recently too and you can imagine the attitude of some of them to the staff! 

Nothing but admiration for NHS staff. Must be difficult at times also getting people to work there. It really is a vocational thing for a lot of them. 

53 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

This is what I mean. I saw it recently too and you can imagine the attitude of some of them to the staff! 

Nothing but admiration for NHS staff. Must be difficult at times also getting people to work there. It really is a vocational thing for a lot of them. 

Oh yes I heard a few of them to the staff! . Yes I admire the staff too . I just despair of those outside the building who are given a second chance ! I suppose it’s the nature of addictions .

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Geez peace! It’ll be something else next week and SNP or no, independence is coming ( didny even shout freedom either). 👍

What do you think to the stats here ? Hardly impressive. All under the SNPs careful watch of course. 

https://publichealthscotland.scot/publications/ae-activity-and-waiting-times/ae-activity-and-waiting-times-month-ending-31-august-2022/

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What do you think to the stats here ? Hardly impressive. All under the SNPs careful watch of course. 

https://publichealthscotland.scot/publications/ae-activity-and-waiting-times/ae-activity-and-waiting-times-month-ending-31-august-2022/

And yet by every single measure the NHS in the rUK is performing worse than Scotland. All under the stewardship of the alternatives to the SNP. 

In your clearly learned opinion, who is waiting in the wings to transform the NHS and how are they going to do it?

Labour? The Tories?

The irony of pro independence supporters being labelled as freedom shouting face painted lunatics while on the other side the brit Nats buy everything with union flag branding. Hats, shoes, t shirts - literally can't wait to show how British they are.

They even take Brit Nat flags to club football.

"We Ur BrItiSh ChEcK yEr pAsSpOrT!!!1!!1"

But aye it's the "separatists" who are mental. 

:gok:

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The irony of pro independence supporters being labelled as freedom shouting face painted lunatics while on the other side the brit Nats buy everything with union flag branding. Hats, shoes, t shirts - literally can't wait to show how British they are.

Whatever you do, do not mention the family of inbreds they worship. 

16 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

More made up stuff from the separatists 😂

See the memo has been followed to the letter. 

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And yet by every single measure the NHS in the rUK is performing worse than Scotland. All under the stewardship of the alternatives to the SNP. 

In your clearly learned opinion, who is waiting in the wings to transform the NHS and how are they going to do it?

Labour? The Tories?

Quick, deflect. Tell everyone England is just as bad and it will all be fine !!! Ian Blackford playbook, well done. 

If the SNP want to transform this they need to do two things . First, give people a purpose beyond being increasingly reliant on state handouts. As Roxy says, and I agree, we have a lot of unfit and unwell people in this country. I believe there is a link between lack of purpose, general illness, and state intervention driving this. 

Two- need to encourage a lot more private sector jobs at all levels to give people that purpose when they move into their career. I don't see the SNP doing this to the degree I think they should be, for the most part because they haven't the wit or motivation to do so. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Quick, deflect. Tell everyone England is just as bad and it will all be fine !!! Ian Blackford playbook, well done. 

If the SNP want to transform this they need to do two things . First, give people a purpose beyond being increasingly reliant on state handouts. As Roxy says, and I agree, we have a lot of unfit and unwell people in this country. I believe there is a link between lack of purpose, general illness, and state intervention driving this. 

Two- need to encourage a lot more private sector jobs at all levels to give people that purpose when they move into their career. I don't see the SNP doing this to the degree I think they should be, for the most part because they haven't the wit or motivation to do so. 

:rofl:
Listen to the nick of this!!!

So we are all sick scroungers with no purpose aye? :rofl:

Reliant on SNP handouts? :rofl:

Geez peace ya tory snob wannabe on a football forum!
Were you complaining when Scotland was the “sick man of Europe” and Westminster was taking £Billions in profits from the Scottish North Sea and still are?

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Were you complaining when Scotland was the “sick man of Europe” and Westminster was taking £Billions in profits from the Scottish North Sea and still are?

OK. You disagree. That's fine. I'm obviously not saying everyone is a sick scrounger , the exam question was how do you help the NHS.

In my view, better paid private sector jobs will lead to a higher standard of living - mental and physical - which will help the NHS. In turn, this gives more tax revenue to help those truly in need which we should do. 

It's all a big system at the end of the day. 

Lord Montpelier
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's very cute btw how you, MT and Roxy jump in to defend each other and (failing) nationalist ideals