Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

The Mighty Thor
Just now, pablo said:

Scotland should be creative with tax now, more than ever. She should be undercutting Jezza's tax proposals and attracting high earners from elsewhere in the UK to Scotland.

Wonder how that would go down?

I'd rather we had our own immigration policy and brought people that will contribute to the economy to Scotland rather than tax dodging ***** looking to reduce their exposure to paying their fair share. We've got enough of them up here as it is. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd rather we had our own immigration policy and brought people that will contribute to the economy to Scotland rather than tax dodging ***** looking to reduce their exposure to paying their fair share. We've got enough of them up here as it is. 

You seem to have an issue with high earners. Why ? Jealous ? I've no issue as long as their tax affairs are in order. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You seem to have an issue with high earners. Why ? Jealous ? I've no issue as long as their tax affairs are in order. 

The notion that high earners don’t pay their fair share is ****ing laughable. Only in Scotland can that be a thing. 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

No i said that i would rather Scotland had it's own immigration policy rather than becoming a defacto tax haven. 

I couldn't give a shite how much people earn. Just pay what you're due in full and on time. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

The notion that high earners don’t pay their fair share is ****ing laughable. Only in Scotland can that be a thing. 

Remember the time two months ago you were championing the budget that very high earners got a huge tax cut from that ultimately cost us all around £30 billion?

I do. 

Only in the world of unionist troll can that be a thing. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Remember the time two months ago you were championing the budget that very high earners got a huge tax cut from that ultimately cost us all around £30 billion?

I do. 

Only in the world of unionist troll can that be a thing. 

Huge tax cut ? That cost us £30 billion? Not like you to make things up Thor. 😂

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Huge tax cut ? That cost us £30 billion? Not like you to make things up Thor. 😂

You been in a coma mate?

The unfunded and un-necessary tax cut that spooked the markets that required emergency BoE action to stop UK pensions from being bankrupted all at a cost of £30 billion. 

You were cheerleading it mate. Great Tory bantz. 

:greggy:

4 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's very cute btw how you, MT and Roxy jump in to defend each other and (failing) nationalist ideals

I call out BS when I see it. 
You dont like the SNP and I’m not a huge fan myself; however, who’s better? Who? Right now who could

run Scotland better?

55 minutes ago, pablo said:

We also pay more in taxes, so it bloody well should be. 

I pay more in tax. Glad to do so. Its a membership fee to the best wee country on the planet. Be even better when we get a divorce mind!

See the English NHS had its highest satisfaction rating ever…in 2010. 
Just had its lowest ever…in 2022. 

Who’s been running it all this time again???

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

See the English NHS had its highest satisfaction rating ever…in 2010. 
Just had its lowest ever…in 2022. 

Who’s been running it all this time again???

Now, now...stick to the recent theme of the thread, namely, *SNPbaaaaaaad*

No holding mirrors up to their dogma please...

15 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

In your opinion bud. Shouting "freedom", "Braveheart", "facepainting". All this because I have different opinion from you. 😂

Imagine thinking the Tories would subsidise Scotland - its beyond stupid.  They cling onto us because they need our resources.

15 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Congrats

Still doesn't change the fact that in the here and now the Scottish NHS is on its knees with an incapable, unqualified imbecile at the helm in government. 

It's by every measure the best performing in the UK.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's been proven on here time and again that the trope of 'the NHS is full of managers' is utter bollocks. Is it wasteful? Probably. I personally don't agree with free prescriptions as I feel I can afford to pay the fixed fee for them. 

Money very much is the NHS's problem. Moreso now than ever. How that gets addressed is a question for the ages as paying the taxes required to get there would scare the living shit out of most people. 

It's cheaper to provide prescriptions for free than to means test.

54 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Why what’s wrong with Scottish people who live here working ? 

38 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I know. Surely they pay a hell of a lot more . That’s obvious 

5 minutes ago, briever said:

Everyone pays taxes you clown.  Unless you're confused by VAT.

**** me that is desperate. 

Someone who does not earn money, gets taxpayers money. They spend this money and you class them as contributors? Surely the taxpayers are paying the VAT and not the person who was given the money?

For the hard of thinking...if I give you £100 to help you out as you are skint, you are therefore spending my money.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know. Surely they pay a hell of a lot more . That’s obvious 

Do they though? They probably should but do they?

11 minutes ago, briever said:

I've read that before and kind of understand how that might be the case but it still doesn't sit right with me. 

14 minutes ago, briever said:

And that is fair how exactly?

I know it is great for those not paying but how is it fair on the taxpayer?

The SNP is all about a 'fairer Scotland' but I only see their vision being fair to those that contribute little or nothing.

22 minutes ago, briever said:

It's by every measure the best performing in the UK.

And the proof for this is where exactly? Last time I heard our education standards were slipping to all time lows and NHS waiting times were abysmal in comparison.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And that is fair how exactly?

I know it is great for those not paying but how is it fair on the taxpayer?

The SNP is all about a 'fairer Scotland' but I only see their vision being fair to those that contribute little or nothing.

Because it's cheaper to the taxpayer than to means test.  Have you considered reading the posts you're moronically replying to a bit slower?

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone else fired

No surprise to see Shona Robisons name here. Another one with very limited talent. 

2 minutes ago, briever said:

Because it's cheaper to the taxpayer than to means test.  Have you considered reading the posts you're moronically replying to a bit slower?

You seem typically aggressive for an SNPer.

What a ****ing cop out that is, och we will just give them free shit as we can't be arsed means testing and it costs too much.  It is also a pile of nonsense.

The SNP seem to have no issue doing nationwide surveys and studies to see if 9 year olds are sexually active, if 3 year olds identify as boy, girl or A N other and doing round the clock polling on Scottish Independence, I am sure they can ascertain household incomes and means without issue.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone else fired

Meanwhile non Scots are being placed in hotels with red carpet treatment with every need catered for.

26 minutes ago, briever said:

Everyone pays taxes you clown.  Unless you're confused by VAT.

Angry little Bri chucking the insults about again. 😂

No I’m not confused. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Meanwhile non Scots are being placed in hotels with red carpet treatment with every need catered for.

That's two or three goes at that today.

I take it you can back that utter nonsense up?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What a ****ing cop out that is, och we will just give them free shit as we can't be arsed means testing and it costs too much.  It is also a pile of nonsense.

The SNP seem to have no issue doing nationwide surveys and studies to see if 9 year olds are sexually active, if 3 year olds identify as boy, girl or A N other and doing round the clock polling on Scottish Independence, I am sure they can ascertain household incomes and means without issue.

Yes I struggle to understand the rational about not means tested as it also means those who do get the extra dosh aka free money where it could go to those who genuinely need it . Apparently it’s too bureaucratic to set up ! 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Meanwhile in the shortbread senate they are arguing about whether a man is a woman or a woman is a man 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Meanwhile in the shortbread senate they are arguing about whether a man is a woman or a woman is a man 

I have a severe distaste for all global politicians pretty much but the SNP are something else when it comes to the priorities of the country.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Are you serious?  Just read up on it.

Two hotels at Haymarket are a starter for 10.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Another racist britnat furious that Ukranian refugees are not being housed in rat infested camps.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Basic one line summary of a SNP voter. Angry little *******s. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, briever said:

Ukranian refugees are not being housed in rat infested camps.

I take it Paisley was full then.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But they're not though are they?

That's the only bit you hear because it's your personal crusade. 

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Basic one line summary of a SNP voter. Angry little *******s. 

They have more hatred in them than I see from any other people in this country.....they just hate the RIGHT people and the RIGHT things. Their way is the right path after all.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

But they're not though are they?

That's the only bit you hear because it's your personal crusade. 

Try telling that to the snp / greens . They are the ones pushing though the GRA when they could be looking at real priorities . And yes they are ! 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: angrily telling each other how angry the other lot are.

Carry on lads, I'll get snacks 🤣

I'm very hate filled like the next honest person but I don't go around controlling and defining other people's hate like the SNP as I am not a sanctimonious ***** like the Scottish government.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm very hate filled like the next honest person but I don't go around controlling and defining other people's hate like the SNP as I am not a sanctimonious ***** like the Scottish government.

😆 👍

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh they just love using adverbs like 

“ angrily “ ascribing them to some  postings . It’s a classic gas lighting technique to belittle and discredit any valid comments a person has a right to make . Happens frequently on this . 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is that a unique situation to the SNP parliamentarians or indeed UK Ministers?  very, very few of them have trained for their 'brief'.

Tell me, which of the parties you can vote for in the Scottish or UK elections has or is providing those conditions?

Labour? They're going to carry on with Brexit - 4% off GDP and a vastly reduced workforce pool. 

Tories? They're going to carry on with Brexit - 4% off GDP and a vastly reduced workforce pool.

Oh hang on they're both the same.

The Tories have also left the UK with a structural debt burden that will cost us £100 billion in interest repayments this year. That's money straight out the economy. 

So Red or Blue?

Remind me again what is the range of estimates of predicted effects on GDP should you and your fellow separatists achieve the partition you dream of?

24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh they just love using adverbs like 

“ angrily “ ascribing them to some  postings . It’s a classic gas lighting technique to belittle and discredit any valid comments a person has a right to make . Happens frequently on this . 

😆 Ok James

If I were an Yes voter I would certainly be giving ALBA my 'X' that is for sure.  I would distance myself from anything to do with Nicola Sturgeon and her storm troopers. 

Edited by i8hibsh

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If I were an Yes voter I would certainly be giving ALBA my 'X' that is for sure.  I would distance myself from anything to do with Nicola Sturgeon and her storm troopers. 

You'd be very wise too, if all SNP voters were to vote Alba on the list there'd be an independence supermajority in Holyrood.

Great thinking Si!