Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Exactly what Sturgeon wanted . Means she will be in her job for the next few years 

. Expect Bunty to scream “ the will of the people “ etc etc . No ref till at least 2024/5 

Malinga the Swinga

Well that came as a surprise to absolutely nobody. They knew it would be knocked back and wasted time and money, just to help stoke more grievance and discontent.

What a truly nasty piece of work SNP leadership are.

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It would appear that wee Nicky and her separatist pals have once again failed. The latest in a litany of blunders. 

Wonder how much it cost to take it  court , those who pay tax in Scotland footing the bill again . They really do love a court battle 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

We could play 'reaction bingo'.

I'll go for:

- democratic deficit

- the people of Scotland

- clear and unequivocal

- running scared

- the day job 

Can expect the shouty SNP PR machine to be ramped up to full volume over the next couple of days. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well that came as a surprise to absolutely nobody. They knew it would be knocked back and wasted time and money, just to help stoke more grievance and discontent.

What a truly nasty piece of work SNP leadership are.

Yep . That’s exactly why it was pursued . 

Perhaps the utterly repugnant rodent can start focusing on actual day to day matters that blight our country. Alas, I fear the Sturgeon show will continue.

So there is no legal way to leave the UK.

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are never allowed to leave unless England says yes.

Oh, I'm sure this will calm everything right down and the wee colonies of the English Empire will go back in their boxes.

Self determination doesn't exist in the UK.

:rofl:

Dennis Reynolds

I'm not a big independence man, voted no last time and have never voted for the SNP but have to say, not allowing the people a vote without permission isn't a great look. Will probably work in the SNP's favour all things considered which the cynic in me would assume was the plan all along....

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Can expect the shouty SNP PR machine to be ramped up to full volume over the next couple of days. 

Might throw in “ dragged out of the EU against the will of the Scottish people” too 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Wonder what Brievers expert opinion is on this. 

He will be fist fighting with his shadow as we speak.

Lord Montpelier
Just now, jonesy said:

SNP insiders are saying it was JK Rowling and her evil TERF magic wand that cast a spell over the judges. They have, however, stopped short of calling her a witch, as this would only lead to later apologies.

🪄

SNP principle # 22 - witches are good, but women are not

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

SNP insiders are saying it was JK Rowling and her evil TERF magic wand that cast a spell over the judges. They have, however, stopped short of calling her a witch, as this would only lead to later apologies.

🪄

Oh yes those bloody TERFs too 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It wouldn't be once and for all though Daz. The SNPs idea of democracy is vote, abuse the enemy, demand a recount, demand another vote, slander the enemy, vote, blame the enemy, then vote again till they achieve the desired result.

So apart from the demand a recount that didn’t happen with the first one either they’re pretty much like any party anywhere in the world? :lol: 

Just now, Cade said:

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are never allowed to leave unless England says yes.

Oh, I'm sure this will calm everything right down and the wee colonies of the English Empire will go back in their boxes.

You know Westminster is not England yeah?

You know Westminster granted us a vote to leave the UK 8 years ago yeah?

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm not a big independence man, voted no last time and have never voted for the SNP but have to say, not allowing the people a vote without permission isn't a great look. Will probably work in the SNP's favour all things considered which the cynic in me would assume was the plan all along....

Correct. This ruling will only help to increase support for independence 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Perhaps the fact that a majority of the people don't want a vote would answer that question.

A minority of the electorate shouldn't be allowed to dictate to overwhelming majority what is and isn't happening.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Scotland has never been a colony of England, and as the English Crown passed to a Scottish King, arguably the English were Scottish subjects initially.

No, this voluntary union of equal states since 1707 will never be broken by a minority opinion in one of the nations.

Today is a great day for the country and democracy. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You know in they 8 years the UK decided to leave the European Union, one of the main reasons many voted to stay in the UK yeah?  And in that vote the majority of Scottish people voted to stay in the EU but had absolutely no choice but to leave yeah? 

5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

SNP principle # 22 - witches are good, but women are not

Aye but what is a woman ? 

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Except it was Scotland that said no not England. 😊

You separatists don’t really think things through. 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Scottish government have created a rod for their own backs. Unions see them as weak willed , only interested in how they are perceived and how that will look like in the all important independence polls. The unions know they just need to push and the SNP government will fold. 

Nicky of course, with her cult of personality, will try paint it all as a personal success story. And her supporters will lap it up.

In the meantime ordinary kids suffer through no fault of their own.

Not got a clue what you are on about, what victory?? I merely stated that Scottish teachers are paid more already and have been offered a bigger pay rise.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, XB52 said:

In your dreams. Another failed court case, another waste of money.

You need to wake up. The majority happier with what we have now.

While you spend every minute of your sad little life hating English, the rest of us simply get on with our lives.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You know in they 8 years the UK decided to leave the European Union, one of the main reasons many voted to stay in the UK yeah?  And in that vote the majority of Scottish people voted to stay in the EU but had absolutely no choice but to leave yeah? 

We voted as the Uk to enter the EU so we voted to leave the EU as the UK too . It’s quite simple . 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Not got a clue what you are on about, what victory?? I merely stated that Scottish teachers are paid more already and have been offered a bigger pay rise.

Just giving you my expert view on how this will pan out for Scot Gov. Who are getting battered from all angles at the moment it seems

Naisys Tackle
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

We voted as the Uk to enter the EU so we voted to leave the EU as the UK too . It’s quite simple . 

I know that but the people of Scotland didn't want to leave the EU, it was one of the main reason for many to not go independent so now its's happened why not give our people the chance to vote again?  That's a major, major change. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

You've had Boris Johnson, Brexit and a Nationalist Scottish administration with a free reign for 15 years and haven't increased support.

With the cost of living crisis and a resurgent Labour Party, trust me,  nobody will care about the SC upholding the democratic will of the Scots, other than those with their Brigadoon ideology. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Oh dear, another bitter unhappy camper. Majority spoke, no to independence was answer. Staying in UK was the only factor that mattered, EU only mattered when SNP scraped around looking for any excuse to keep themselves relevant.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In your dreams. Another failed court case, another waste of money.

You need to wake up. The majority happier with what we have now.

While you spend every minute of your sad little life hating English, the rest of us simply get on with our lives.

😀😀😀😀, I'll tell my son in law and my 5 grandkids that I hate them next time I see them. Your post shows you up as just a sad wee man. I pity you 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well, we didn't actually vote to enter the EU. The only two votes we had were in 75 to stay in the EC and 2016 to leave the EU. 

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Perhaps the fact that a majority of the people don't want a vote would answer that question.

A minority of the electorate shouldn't be allowed to dictate to overwhelming majority what is and isn't happening.

Is that true or are you just talking pish as per? 

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He doesn't know

He thinks England are the UK 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I know that but the people of Scotland didn't want to leave the EU, it was one of the main reason for many to not go independent so now its's happened why not give our people the chance to vote again?  That's a major, major change. 

And when you lose again, what's the next excuse going to be. 

SNP couldn't give me a **** about people of Scotland or else they would be 100% focussed on economic downturn, education, transport and NHS.

Instead, they focus on a minority who want FREEDOM, to the exclusion of everything else.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh dear, another bitter unhappy camper. Majority spoke, no to independence was answer. Staying in UK was the only factor that mattered, EU only mattered when SNP scraped around looking for any excuse to keep themselves relevant.

No it wasn't.  In the institution I work in it was actively encouraged to vote against leaving the Union to safeguard our place in the EU.

I'm only bitter about leaving the EU because far right radges from down south thought it would be a good idea without realising the consequences. 

The SNP don't need to do anything to keep themselves relevant, they landslide ever election going in Scotland. 

SNP couldn't give me a **** about people of Scotland or else they would be 100% focussed on economic downturn, education, transport and NHS.

Instead, they focus on a minority who want FREEDOM, to the exclusion of everything else.

Great post.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

😀😀😀😀, I'll tell my son in law and my 5 grandkids that I hate them next time I see them. Your post shows you up as just a sad wee man. I pity you 

Save your pity for someone who cares what you think.

Amazing how all you nationalists on here have English relatives, almost as if it they're made up to help balance the chips on both your shoulders.

What a strange minority you are.

6 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Great news from the Supreme Court this morning

A relief to both Sturgeon and Sunak no doubt. We are also spared a market reaction should it have gone the other way.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He doesn't know

He thinks England are the UK 

The whole 'blame England' mentality with that mob is so tiresome. It is a non stop, around the clock blame game. Absolutely nauseating.

jack D and coke

Tbh I’d imagine the SNP are breathing a sigh of relief. 
Especially that wee fraud Sturgeon. 
They have shat themselves if it had went the otter way :lol: 

Naisys Tackle

When I lose again?  I don't vote SNP for a start and I voted to remain last time so I never lose anything previously.  I do feel the nation should have the right as a democracy to vote again though as the UK has changed significantly. 

The rest is all made up rubbish.  Tell me exactly who gives a **** about the people of Scotland exactly?   The whole of the UK have exactly the same problems as you have described also, whos to blame for that? It's even worse as a whole. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Save your pity for someone who cares what you think.

Amazing how all you nationalists on here have English relatives, almost as if it they're made up to help balance the chips on both your shoulders.

What a strange minority you are.

You really are the angriest person on this forum.  Well done you :)