SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s not had an article for a while. 
https://wingsoverscotland.com/a-game-of-two-halves/
Some interesting points worth discussion maybe. 

It certainly is.

I just cannot believe anyone can defend their record .

It's akin to true blue tories trying to defend Boris and his lot.

I listed everything they have failed on and that article spells it out perfectly.

And if as many on here will say its a means to an end then that perhaps is the most spectacular fail.

Imagine not being able to cash in on the current shit front bench that occupies Westminster.

And a shit Labour movement.

That coupled with blatant lies .

I can't recall answers to a parliament enquiry where political manoeuvres to secure power saw collusion with the highest office of Law to try and ruin a rival.

It's stinks and I fear the independence of Scotland is behind the grasping at all costs to power.

They need emptied.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

The Dragon Reborn
10 hours ago, Ked said:

For the record I will and have voted for independence.

The census isn't for me that big a deal.

But

Education 

Housing 

Health(in every way possible)

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Destroyed or missing documents

Not a single one of those is anything but a fail.

Their failure despite representation never before seen in Westminster a majority in a PR parliament.Yet their failure to deliver the only reasonable thing which anyone would vote them in for .

Independence.

The politicisation of covid.

The only thing I can think of is the stopping of fracking.

I honestly cannot think of one thing of note.

10 years they've been in.

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Plastic bag charge is the only decent thing I can think of 

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And their various criminal justice fiascos plus “ the named person “ scheme . And still a shit storm to come with GRA 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

And then after schooling Doogz on what governments do, she went on to rag doll him up and down the shop for good measure

:greggy:

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Should your name not be

” the dragon returns “ ? 😎 

The Dragon Reborn
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And then after schooling Doogz on what governments do, she went on to rag doll him up and down the shop for good measure

An utter smackdown. Poor Douglas 😔

14 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I stopped listening when she tried to boast about education.

Not 1 month ago her government was caught censoring a report on its failings.

Her government have pulled out of all international measures etc.

If it floats your boat the punch and Judy show then enjoy yourself.

I won't be basing my vote on it.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, The Dragon Reborn said:

An utter smackdown. Poor Douglas 😔

That's Branch managers for you. 

No identity of their own. No ideas of their own. 

Puppet for the Junta. 

A useful idiot, if you like?

The Dragon Reborn
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not 1 month ago her government was caught censoring a report on its failings.

Link?

The Dragon Reborn
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You’re at least half right 👍🏻

manaliveits105

Sturgeon not looking to good there is she stressed ? whilst spouting her nonsense stats which cover up the real story of health - education - drugs deaths - missing monies - ferries - care home deaths - the list is indeed endless 

but never reported in the comic the Nawtional - an utter rag for the hard of thinking 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon not looking to good there is she stressed ? whilst spouting her nonsense stats which cover up the real story of health - education - drugs deaths - missing monies - ferries - care home deaths - the list is indeed endless 

but never reported in the comic the Nawtional - an utter rag for the hard of thinking 

She’s stressed , yes . She knows the wolves are at the door regarding Indy 2 and can’t kick it down the road forever ! Also various enquiries etc all add to even more stress . She’s slippery as an eel mind you so will worm , or attempt to  worm her way out of things . Her presentation has always been of an abrasive nature , so hardly surprising she’s like that in that clip . 

Mysterion
12 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's Branch managers for you. 

No identity of their own. No ideas of their own. 

Puppet for the Junta. 

It's nuts - he was given guidance by his most senior staff that the only way to improve electoral standing was to operate separately from the UK Conservative party.

He's not willing to do this despite the demonstrable evidence that there are people who are (small C) Conservatives in terms of ideology towards local governance/business etc but don't want to vote for a Conservative party that has no backbone when it comes to anything to do with the UK party. 

DRoss is just another high profile Scots Tory shapeshifter like Alister Jack and David Mundell. 

The Dragon Reborn
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Which stats that she quoted are nonsense/false? Cheers 👍🏻

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

It's nuts - he was given guidance by his most senior staff that the only way to improve electoral standing was to operate separately from the UK Conservative party.

He's not willing to do this despite the demonstrable evidence that there are people who are (small C) Conservatives in terms of ideology towards local governance/business etc but don't want to vote for a Conservative party that has no backbone when it comes to anything to do with the UK party. 

DRoss is just another high profile Scots Tory shapeshifter like Alister Jack and David Mundell. 

It's true, and it's worth saying that conservatism in itself is an entirely understandable ideology, if you're very comfortable. But the current Tories aren't small c conservatives, they're something else altogether.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's true, and it's worth saying that conservatism in itself is an entirely understandable ideology, But the current Tories aren't small c conservatives, they're something else altogether.

100%. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Mysterion said:

At least Doogz did the right thing by bothering his arse to stand for Holyrood. The other two were governor generals. 

JudyJudyJudy

Fight fight fight ! There’s gonna be a pagger . My moneys on Joanna , actually NS will bottle it . She knows she hasn’t the skills or ability to match Joanna , in particular on this issue 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20118397.joanna-cherry-challenges-nicola-sturgeon-gender-recognition-act-debate/?fbclid=IwAR1cMUrdgkRRJDkuNxWlZrcmo9JS7pHaDteahfYlfDKFKMfc76FuGt0HKfE

The Dragon Reborn
On 04/05/2022 at 21:25, The Dragon Reborn said:

On 05/05/2022 at 07:46, manaliveits105 said:

23 hours ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Which stats that she quoted are nonsense/false? Cheers 👍🏻

image.gif.3f8cb285d5ce526616ce821d7223d11a.gif

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

well done Scottish Labour saviours of the union 

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson

So it might also be the nightmare scenario at local level in Edinburgh.

Can't wait :vrface:

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

well done Scottish Labour saviours of the union 

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So it might also be the nightmare scenario at local level in Edinburgh.

Can't wait :vrface:

****ing grim.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Lauren seems a bit put out that Labour took West Dumbartonshire - what’s your party’s manifesto again ?

aw aye Tories bad 

1971fozzy

I always voted SNP but after her shit show during lockdown there’s no chance I’ll vote as long as she is in power. Trusting her to run the country ? No chance 

34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I always voted SNP but after her shit show during lockdown there’s no chance I’ll vote as long as she is in power. Trusting her to run the country ? No chance 

I stayed home. First time I've been left that disinterested. No Alba candidate was standing in my ward (although by the looks of things, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference :D) and I'm disgusted at the state of the city. 20mph we didn't vote for, city centre slowly being turned into a car free zone, students taking over every free bit of space, these stupid bollards for cyclists. The mad bit is, I don't even drive :D its just a laughable waste of money and needless interreference. They're trying to force people out their cars, without providing effective enough public transport. Its ridiculous. Beyond that, this low emission zone is nothing but a poverty tax wrapped up in eco warrior packaging. 

I loathe the SNP in its current form and my honestly held belief is that Sturgeon has zero intention of actually delivering Independence, and any mentions of a referendum are little more than sabre rattling to appease the masses. She's captured circa 45% of the vote which will guarantee electoral success without ever having to actually deliver on the mandate she was elected on. 

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Fair comment 

manaliveits105

There must be a niche in the market for a bamboo bike shop in Edinburgh now though if someone wants to panda to the clowncil 

Ainsley Harriott
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Unionists slavering once again while the snp carry on winning elections. 

Unionists won more seats than nationalists. When's indy Ref 2 happening again?

Unknown user
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

The hardest part is that you'll never convince any of the zealots that any of the part in bold is true and/or anything more than decisions being made for our own good.

The absolute bloody nerve!

Unknown user
Just now, jonesy said:

Sorry Smithee, you'll need to elucidate. Running a wee Merlot mist this morning and can't quite process your post.

The nerve, that people have a different point of view and just will not be convinced. 

But then, they're not convincing you, so are you a zealot too?

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Au contraire, Schmidt.

There are SNP supporters who admit to not liking SNP policies but vote for them as a vehicle for independence (and some, like the poster I was replying to, who have had enough).

There are also those (mainly Green) who are determined to tell others how to live their lives. Those I have encountered do so with a zeal and self-righteousneds akin to the religious fundamentalists of America and a smugness known only to Hearts fans when we draw Hibs at Hampden.

Me? I think I've voted for every mainstream party over the years (and plenty fringe ones, too) and take each election as it comes. I've also been a fully paid up SNP member. Happy to listen to all sides and form a conclusion based on the evidence of their actions and their plans. If that makes me a zealot then the definition needs rewritten.

Right, coffee time...

Well done you. But it's a bit much calling people zealots, they're using their vote as they see fit, same as you. Their priority when voting is different to yours, the message they want to send is different, their motivations aren't the same.

Calling them zealots is a cheap way of dismissing views you don't agree with.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry Smits, I seem to have touched a nerve with you there, didn't mean to. Have a good day :) 

My nerves are fine, I don't live in Edinburgh, I'm not disappointed by any results, I don't even get hangovers. 

But people have their reasons for voting the way they do, they prioritise what they feel is most important, so I stand by it - it's cheap to call them zealots when it's really just that you disagree with them.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ach, you keep reeling me back in!

A zealot is someone who is uncompromising in their pursuit of certain ideals or goals. There are most certainly plenty Green and some SNP voters who fall firmly into that category, much more so than voters of other parties, in my experience. Of course, you could argue that a fair portion of SNP voters have actually compromised by turning a blind eye to the extreme 'progressiveness' and failures of the SNP, particularly under NS, so perhaps we're both right.

Anyway, enough of Semantic Saturday, we've all got better stuff to do 😀

Not really, a zealot is someone excessively or fanatically devoted to a cause, there's a certain mania or at least a lack of intelligent thought being implied.

It's possible to hold a firm ideological belief and to make that your priority when voting, and not be a zealot. It's even possible that some people think their council is doing a good job!

I'm not trying to convince you, I just felt it was a bit of a cheap shot, of course you'll disagree!

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sorry Smits, I seem to have touched a nerve with you there, didn't mean to. Have a good day :) 

You post with zeal Jonesy! 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Unionists slavering once again while the snp carry on winning elections. 

:spoton:

indianajones

Pretty childish arguments as per the usual with politics. 

Doesn't matter who is in charge. They will not improve living standards for us all. 

We need a refreshing new approach within the political world imo.

The Dragon Reborn
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Well done you. But it's a bit much calling people zealots, they're using their vote as they see fit, same as you. Their priority when voting is different to yours, the message they want to send is different, their motivations aren't the same.

Calling them zealots is a cheap way of dismissing views you don't agree with.

Great post. Tolerance is an under-rated characteristic.

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I'm just firing truth bullets from the hip, RH. :P 

In your opinion 😉

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Unionists won more seats than nationalists. When's indy Ref 2 happening again?

shhh they dont want to hear that 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

shhh they dont want to hear that 

How's them exit polls working out there chief? 

Hibernian-esque 'we won the singing' levels of deluded straw-clutching from the flag shaggers.

The union is done. Absolutely finished. 

Lovely. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How's them exit polls working out there chief? 

Hibernian-esque 'we won the singing' levels of deluded straw-clutching from the flag shaggers.

The union is done. Absolutely finished. 

Lovely. 

Cool when's the referendum to end the union? Been hearing this since 2014. Well done in keeping the Nationalists on their gravy bus though.. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cool when's the referendum to end the union? Been hearing this since 2014. Well done in keeping the Nationalists on their gravy bus though.. 

When is the Queef's birthday by the way?